Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Notabug said:

He's only a year old, but she can see he is 'smart'.  Case closed.

She wouldn’t recognize “smart” if it hit her on the head. 

27 minutes ago, zenme said:

I think it’s just not important enough to her so she’s not motivated. 

Her children’s medical care isn’t important to her . . . 🥲

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 4
27 minutes ago, zenme said:

If her kids don't motivate her to be a responsible adult, maybe she should stop talking about #3 and work with the ones she has. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Carlin is also having migraine headaches again.  She said she gets them about every other day and they take a day to recover from.  So it sounds like she is pretty much out of commission most of the time.  Maybe Evan is tired of doing everything.  On the days when she doesn't have a migraine or isn't recovering, she is busy "go go going" so she can show everyone how she party parties.  Whitney is also having some aches and pains due to late-stage pregnancy, so it could be interesting to see how the boutique goes for the next couple of months.  

I have been encouraged to see Zade actually having a little bit of a personality and playing a little here and there.  And I feel like Layla is given attention and encouraged when they need to her to perform but other times, left alone to entertain herself.  This usually includes a bag of chips or a treat.  (Same with Zade.)  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Sad 7

Carlin managed vacations to Bill and Jane's farm then almost straight to NYC for that ridiculous Yankee game without a migraine. She films for the gram daily. I think they exaggerate this since she no longer has "episodes." All for clicks. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
1 hour ago, zenme said:

Exactly.  We don't hear that she was late for s mani-pedi or got to the airport too late for a vacation trip.  Her kids' health is secondary to virtually everything else which is tragic, but true.  Now, if Zade had an appointment for a mother-son photo shoot; Carlin would be there an hour early, just in case.

• Like 11
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Carlin is also having migraine headaches again.  She said she gets them about every other day and they take a day to recover from.  So it sounds like she is pretty much out of commission most of the time.

Riiiiiiight 🤦‍♀️

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Are we sure Evan's family is any smarter? There's plenty of 'normal' or typical families out there who dismiss a lot of medical advice and treatment. Not for any particular reason - they could be clueless, careless, not so smart, anti medication, etc. I can see the elder Stewarts falling into the clueless or not so smart category. 

Well they did raise Evan, so maybe I was too optimistic about the chances that someone in the Stewart family would encourage C&E to get Zade medical help.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Riiiiiiight 🤦‍♀️

My first thought as well. I suffer from occasional migraines and even infrequent ones are awful. There's no way Carlin is experiencing that several times a week and still traveling, shopping and running around all hours of the day and night. I guess fans are bored with the seizure storyline and the broken toe fizzled out, so now she's cooked up a new malady for clicks and sympathy. 

Also, she posts new reels every day on Instagram, so when are these migraines occurring? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My first thought as well. I suffer from occasional migraines and even infrequent ones are awful. There's no way Carlin is experiencing that several times a week and still traveling, shopping and running around all hours of the day and night. I guess fans are bored with the seizure storyline and the broken toe fizzled out, so now she's cooked up a new malady for clicks and sympathy. 

Also, she posts new reels every day on Instagram, so when are these migraines occurring? 

Maybe if she laid off the pop (soda, soft drinks, Coke, whatever), the Starbucks, and all the processed garbage, she wouldn't get so many "migraines." My actual, neurologist-diagnosed migraines went from all-too-frequent to rare, after I stopped drinking pop, had my wisdom teeth out, and tried to stick to a normal sleep schedule. 

I think she's lying again. Attention attention attention. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Maybe if she laid off the pop (soda, soft drinks, Coke, whatever), the Starbucks, and all the processed garbage, she wouldn't get so many "migraines." 

I think she's lying again. Attention attention attention. 

Sugar is a major trigger for mine as well, along with processed meats. 

I've read comments on other forums from people wondering why the Bates don't do more to help Carlin, and I want to say, uh, because they know she's full of shit. They've been acquainted with her for 25 years. There's a reason why Michael, who's a freaking nurse for goodness sake, isn't over there constantly checking on her sister or offering to take the kids. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Sugar is a major trigger for mine as well, along with processed meats. 

I've read comments on other forums from people wondering why the Bates don't do more to help Carlin, and I want to say, uh, because they know she's full of shit. They've been acquainted with her for 25 years. There's a reason why Michael, who's a freaking nurse for goodness sake, isn't over there constantly checking on her sister or offering to take the kids. 

I think they know she's lying, and honestly, she's just a lot to take. I recently watched most of the series, which I hadn't seen before, and she's a lot to take on screen. I wanted to tell her to shut up and stop being so loud. 

I feel sorry for her in a way, because she clearly didn't get the attention she needed, and what attention she did get wasn't good (see the episode in which she has her wisdom teeth out, and Daddy of the Year Gil says he had to "get forceful" with her. She was in pain, you asswipe). But on the other hand, shut up! We know you're lying about seizures and broken toes and now migraines! 

• Like 8
41 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

IIRC they hired a manager for the boutique so C&W not being around is probably not a big deal, and may be more of a blessing.

I had forgotten that the "boutique" is now expected to support three families. I hope the manager doesn't have champagne tastes like the Carlins and the Whitneys. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Heathen said:

I think they know she's lying, and honestly, she's just a lot to take. I recently watched most of the series, which I hadn't seen before, and she's a lot to take on screen. I wanted to tell her to shut up and stop being so loud. 

I feel sorry for her in a way, because she clearly didn't get the attention she needed, and what attention she did get wasn't good (see the episode in which she has her wisdom teeth out, and Daddy of the Year Gil says he had to "get forceful" with her. She was in pain, you asswipe). But on the other hand, shut up! We know you're lying about seizures and broken toes and now migraines! 

Loud and attention seeking is how I remember Carlin from the series. She's a lot like her mother in that regard. She hasn't changed and it's her kids who will suffer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
(edited)
On 7/23/2023 at 6:51 AM, 65mickey said:

Don't they get phone calls, texts and emails reminding them and asking them to confirm? I get reminders for my appointments all of these ways and they keep it up until I confirm. And no shows are charged a fee. 

23 hours ago, cereality said:

Honestly I feel like it makes them feel super special and important. Just the way E&C were talking about it it was very - hey whatever we've NEVER missed an appointment bc they ALWAYS fit US in, even if we are hours late. So all those "appointments" they're for the mere plebians, do you know who WE are!?

I usually don't even write my appointments down or take an appointment card anymore when leaving the doctor/dentist, as I already have an email by the time I get home with a link to click to add the appointment to my calendar.  And then there's the text and/or email and/or phone call asking me to confirm my appointment.  Then I sometimes get another couple emails/texts reminding me of the appointment after that.  So, to your point, seriously, how is it actually still possible to get your appointment day/time wrong?

I have been late to a doctor's appointment exactly once in recent memory, due to a wreck on the interstate of which I was unaware in time to leave early - and while they did in fact fit me in, I waited almost 2 hours.  Perhaps when you just kind of float through your days, that's no big deal, but I certainly have better things to do.

It was also super weird that they didn't know exactly why Zade was going to the doctor.  However, given the way they recount their medical appointments generally, I suppose it's not all that surprising.  And this applies not just to C&E, because my God, shaking my head after watching Trace/Lydia's last video about their baby's size, in which Lydia just giggles about being unsure of her baby's actual status/progress because she can remember "patterns" but not "numbers."     They are definitely not the Brain Trust.  I was able to articulate information from my doctor's appointments (and I had lots of respiratory issues as a child, so there were many) with way more comprehension and detail than C&E by the time I was in kindergarten - and I'm really not exaggerating that.

The other super weird thing about their videos I keep noticing is how Evan just hangs out in the car waiting for Carlin and Layla to have spa treatments (often impromptu?) and whatnot.  I get she can't drive, but if I were her, there's no way I would be okay with my husband regularly just sitting in the car while I get pampered.  Even if he were 100% okay with it, I would feel so uncomfortable and guilty that I wouldn't be able to really relax and enjoy the activity.

I still watch C&E because mainly because I personally think Layla and Zade are pretty stinkin' cute.  And I do appreciate that they want to foster a fun environment for their kids and do like watching them all enjoy being together.  But, I will say this - my parents, who both worked full-time jobs, managed to both act like responsible adults AND fill our lives with tons of laughter and fun and love.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. When I have a migraine, it usually lasts three days and even when it’s done sometimes I feel really spacey. 

Edited by Eureka
  • Like 7
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1

Carlin has an ad in her stories for another BSB warehouse sale on August 12. It says “Last One”. Wonder if they don’t make enough at these sales or if it is just a desperate ploy to get more people to come? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin has an ad in her stories for another BSB warehouse sale on August 12. It says “Last One”. Wonder if they don’t make enough at these sales or if it is just a desperate ploy to get more people to come? 

Probably the "last one" of the summer. 🙄

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The last one....until the next one two weeks later.

It sounds like a marketing gimmick to create urgency. Carlin's banking on her followers having the same level of FOMO that she does. 

• Like 8
52 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Last one? We can only hope! Jesauce doesn’t like liars, Carlin. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Both! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

756A4891-9ECD-4C24-8838-A64EB5100DC8.jpeg

EFE0C1B5-C079-4B01-A0A1-5F4EE7FDE552.jpeg

People commented they’re coming from Philly, Indiana, Ohio……..

I've met unneutered little dogs who could learn from the fundie leghumpers. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Who the hell rents an Airbnb to go to a sale featuring cheap Chinese clothes? And Lawson's tee shirts? 🙄

Pretty sure their devotees are about as bright as they are.  And apparently, a lot of people don't realize that all they're actually getting is crap someone else bought, repackaged, and then marked up 1000%   This is also rampant on Etsy, and I'm guessing lots of other seller platforms.  Do a quick Google image search, and it's amazing how many of these items are available (and sold individually) on AliExpress for pennies on the dollar, comparatively.  Of course, it takes a while to get shit from China, and you don't get the "Bates expierience," so if people want to go to their warehouse sales, whatever.  But, if truly just looking for a good deal, you're much better off staying home and just buying the items directly.

• Like 11

Other than that story about the Cash and Carry, Carlin has been SM silent all week.  

I'm wondering if the headaches and the hints that she is not doing well right now is because she is weaning herself off her meds so she can get pregnant.  

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Other than that story about the Cash and Carry, Carlin has been SM silent all week.  

I'm wondering if the headaches and the hints that she is not doing well right now is because she is weaning herself off her meds so she can get pregnant.  

Maybe she's actually weaning herself off the meds to do the 5 day EEG? 

Nah...

• LOL 4

More like she reads here and elsewhere and realized she can't sell a new medical crisis if she's posting daily Starbucks runs. She has to disappear to create mystery and concern. I'm sure her DM's are flooded with messages from the leghumpers hoping she's okay. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Zade is just 16 months old and barely walking. Why in heaven's name would they want another child at this time? Can't these people enjoy their children's babyhood without rushing to have another one? Especially when Carlin has admitted that she suffers from postpartum depression.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

The Stewarts think they are like the producers of Truman but in truth they are Truman. The lives they live are not real but they don't know it.

Who are they without cameras, new things, make-up, cute kids and followers? We likely can answer that question better than they can. Every thought and decision they make are about sales and viewership. The only joy they seem to have is owning the next new thing and having the superficial adulation from strangers on the other side of the keyboard.

They don't enjoy their kids like typical parents do, to them another kid is a Fundy obligation and a marketing ploy. But their heads are so far up their own asses they don't realize it.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

So I just watched Carlin’s bestie Joy Duggar’s latest video (I know 🤦🏻‍♀️) and I find it notable to point out that she’s always been, but especially in this video, super big on giving her kids a routine with meals, activities, bedtime, etc. This week they were at a ballgame but left early because the kids were being extra and it was clearly time to go home and Joy admitted she was overwhelmed and cried on the way home. Also in the video, she’s gotten Gideon evaluated again for dyslexia and has set him up with a tutor and is staying on top of all that and Carlin sweetie, are you taking notes??? This is the Duggar daughter everyone labels as the dumbest (see the Explain It Like I’m Joy acronym) but she’s got a few things figured out her bestie could learn from. Maybe this is why she hasn’t been to Arkansas, Carlin knows the schedule would be too rigid

• Like 10

The haircut is really pretty and flatters her. Cute pic of Layla as well.

I don't know if you guys have seen the latest Stew Crew video, but Carlin does not seem like she's in a good place mentally. She referenced therapy several times during the Q&A and it came across to me like a woman crying for help. Of course, Evan's response was to make flippant comments and joke that their fans were like their therapists. Um, no, Evan they're not. Carlin said that she feels stupid and guilty for complaining and having emotions. I side-eye a lot of the medical drama, but this one I can believe. She grew up in a massive family where no kid got enough attention and their physical needs weren't even met. When she told her parents she was struggling with anxiety, their solution was more church. 

The sad part is, she kept talking about wanting another baby. That would be the absolute worst decision to make right now, but I imagine they'll decide to do it anyways. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 16

They are a disaster per their YT. While it was obviously "emotional update" for YT hits, Evan is making that $$ is by showcasing his wife who is mentally NOT WELL.

I mean she brings up therapy unprompted when she is like - I never want to talk about my health, I bottle it up - and then when it comes out I'm so emotional, that's what they tell you in therapy - to talk. Douchebag Evan goes "babe I am your therapist." Carlin clear as day says I can't talk to you, I feel bad you have to take care of me blah blah. Dude she is clear as day TELLING you she needs therapy and you're like nah NBD!? And further joking that their YT viewers are their therapists!?

Also thought it was telling that Evan said - we don't ever talk about this [her health] alone, we only talk on YT. WTF!? Your wife is clearly struggling with something physically, and the ONLY time you discuss it with her is when you can make $$$ off of it!? Like if she is lying in bed one night wanting to discuss - you literally say - babe hold it until tomorrow, we are filming a YT Q&A and this would be perfect!?!

Though now we understand 100% why they are running hither and yon. All the trips to CFA, Walmart, manis/pedis, Nashville and wherever else are meant to distract both of them from real life.

And these 2 continue to be TERRIBLE parents, yet you can tell that mentally Carlin has decided - if only I had another baby, THEN everything would be better. Like people who keep moving or vacationing or buying all new clothes bc they think that'll make everything better, instead of addressing the underlying issues in their lives.

I mean at one point Carlin asks Layla "do you want to go to school this year" and Layla says yes. When asked "do you want to school or play more" - the child STILL chooses school. I have never seen a child who wants structure more than that kid [the kid who wants to brush her teeth with Nene]. Carlin is STILL wanting a school to send the kid away all day bc clearly she is not up for homeschooling, she even mentions there's a lot of good schools in the area. And then Evan says the quiet part out loud - we're going to homeschool this yr for pre k "bc it gives us flexibility with Carlin's drs appts and 5 day EEG." Lol you do realize school is from 8 am-3pm, PLENTY of time for drs appts and the 5 day EEG of a yr ago!? Really it gives them flexibility to skip school when they want to start their long weekend in Nashville on Wed, roll in from Nashville at 2 am and want to sleep in the next day, are bored and want to head to CFA, Walmart, and mani/pedis for the afternoon.

Also found it telling that they are going on vacation just the 4 of them for the first time and Evan goes we're excited blah blah "we're going to have to be the parents and take care of our kids the WHOLE time without either of our families." Uh WTF you idiots have been parents for 3.5 years!? You're not "used to" parenting yet but please go ahead and have kid numbers 3-6, that'll make it ALL better.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, cereality said:

They are a disaster per their YT. While it was obviously "emotional update" for YT hits, Evan is making that $$ is by showcasing his wife who is mentally NOT WELL.

I mean she brings up therapy unprompted when she is like - I never want to talk about my health, I bottle it up - and then when it comes out I'm so emotional, that's what they tell you in therapy - to talk. Douchebag Evan goes "babe I am your therapist." Carlin clear as day says I can't talk to you, I feel bad you have to take care of me blah blah. Dude she is clear as day TELLING you she needs therapy and you're like nah NBD!? And further joking that their YT viewers are their therapists!?

Also thought it was telling that Evan said - we don't ever talk about this [her health] alone, we only talk on YT. WTF!? Your wife is clearly struggling with something physically, and the ONLY time you discuss it with her is when you can make $$$ off of it!? Like if she is lying in bed one night wanting to discuss - you literally say - babe hold it until tomorrow, we are filming a YT Q&A and this would be perfect!?!

Though now we understand 100% why they are running hither and yon. All the trips to CFA, Walmart, manis/pedis, Nashville and wherever else are meant to distract both of them from real life.

And these 2 continue to be TERRIBLE parents, yet you can tell that mentally Carlin has decided - if only I had another baby, THEN everything would be better. Like people who keep moving or vacationing or buying all new clothes bc they think that'll make everything better, instead of addressing the underlying issues in their lives.

I mean at one point Carlin asks Layla "do you want to go to school this year" and Layla says yes. When asked "do you want to school or play more" - the child STILL chooses school. I have never seen a child who wants structure more than that kid [the kid who wants to brush her teeth with Nene]. Carlin is STILL wanting a school to send the kid away all day bc clearly she is not up for homeschooling, she even mentions there's a lot of good schools in the area. And then Evan says the quiet part out loud - we're going to homeschool this yr for pre k "bc it gives us flexibility with Carlin's drs appts and 5 day EEG." Lol you do realize school is from 8 am-3pm, PLENTY of time for drs appts and the 5 day EEG of a yr ago!? Really it gives them flexibility to skip school when they want to start their long weekend in Nashville on Wed, roll in from Nashville at 2 am and want to sleep in the next day, are bored and want to head to CFA, Walmart, and mani/pedis for the afternoon.

Also found it telling that they are going on vacation just the 4 of them for the first time and Evan goes we're excited blah blah "we're going to have to be the parents and take care of our kids the WHOLE time without either of our families." Uh WTF you idiots have been parents for 3.5 years!? You're not "used to" parenting yet but please go ahead and have kid numbers 3-6, that'll make it ALL better.

That is so sad for everyone, except maybe brainless Evan. So of course he's the headship. I find it interesting that both Carlin and Joy are struggling. Their stupid parents did not prepare them for adulthood. And their idiot headships don't really support them at all. It's horrifying that Evan said that about parenting. I hope there won't be another baby coming into this nutso situation. 

• Like 14
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What is up with Layla's new cute-kid-hands-under-face pose? She posed like this in three different pictures.

C&E, they are horrible parents but could get jobs at Sea World training dolphins and seals to perform. They are squeezing every last possible penny out of those kids. Why did Zade need a haircut? There isn’t that much hair yet. Oh, the gram.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7
47 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What is up with Layla's new cute-kid-hands-under-face pose? She posed like this in three different pictures.

You have me stumped…..

screenshot from the haircut reel:

D87C03D8-CDED-431C-A258-A8626FDCCCF9.jpeg

• LOL 11

They also slipped in a hint that a possible move is on the table. After Carlin said that there are multiple good schools in the area Evan said something to the effect that we aren't sure where we will be living. I have a feeling that if there is another baby they will pick up and move to Nashville. More family willing to baby sit while Carlin and Evan chase after the next exciting adventure. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2