Type keyword(s) to search

Carlin and Evan: But Mostly Carlin!

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It comes as no surprise, she’s posted video, and a picture of the casket.

She also posted the program. Besides 2 pallbearers, it’s all Bates family. Didn’t any other family members want to do anything or did the Bates just take over?

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
1 minute ago, Tdoc72 said:

She also posted the program. Besides 2 pallbearers, it’s all Bates family. Didn’t any other family members want to do anything or did the Bates just take over?

It's rather horrifying and worse than I expected.

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I’m going out on a limb and say the Bateses just took over. After all, they are the ones with all the talent, lol. KJ’s siblings are probably used to this and sometimes it’s just easier to let the pushy one get their way. It’s bizarre that Travis, who has not even been an in-law for a year, performed, but maybe KJ’s mom requested him. 

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I thought I read somewhere its not healthy for a baby to be that fat!

I understand little chubby cheeks and sweet baby chubs but little Zade  is obese.  Just seems unhealthy to be that heavy.

Blame Carlin’s breast milk. Just kidding. Just wait until Zade starts crawling more, then standing up and walking. Kids tend to even out that way. Given Layla’s stellar nutrition I worry he’ll fall behind. 

• Love 4
On 11/13/2022 at 12:26 AM, GeeGolly said:

Like, really?? No Carlin, you're not packing for your grandmothers funeral, you're laying outfits on the floor and posting them on SM.

image.png.62adb04b8fbaa542d304c440ee23cd32.png

It looks like she took clothes from the cast of Newsies.

If you have black for the kids to wear, why not?  She may have packed a sweater for Layla to wear with the dress to stay warm.  I think it makes sense to go with clothes you have.  Kids grow fast so they may not wear it again. 

Zade is currently a chubby little guy.  There will always be articles saying what weights kids should be or not be.  At the same time, many kids' weights go up and down.  They put on weight, then grow into it.  As SMama said, they often find their balance weight when they start crawling.  I wouldn't worry about the chubby guy.  

• Like 4

Has Carlin even been able to nurse? I don't know the potential dangers of the seizure meds seeping into breast milk. Whatever Zader Tot has been eating, he obviously has a healthy appetite. 

He's just started crawling, so we'll see if he leans out in the coming months.

• Useful 2

Do those kids ever sleep in their own beds? They are either sleeping in the car, on the floor in some random spot, in Carlin’s bed or in someone’s arms. I guess it would not be worth posting if they were in their beds, but we see posts every day and it’s always somewhere random.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Has Carlin even been able to nurse? I don't know the potential dangers of the seizure meds seeping into breast milk. Whatever Zader Tot has been eating, he obviously has a healthy appetite. 

He's just started crawling, so we'll see if he leans out in the coming months.

Zader Tot 😂😂😂😂 you win today!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Do those kids ever sleep in their own beds? They are either sleeping in the car, on the floor in some random spot, in Carlin’s bed or in someone’s arms. I guess it would not be worth posting if they were in their beds, but we see posts every day and it’s always somewhere random.

Well, Zade has to go to 'work' with his parents every day.  Or at least twice a week.  One would think they would have a pack-n-play or something similar for the little guy to nap since he spends so much time in the warehouse rather than in his own home.  Another indication of just how self centered and selfish his parents are, they have to haul him around for photo ops, tired or not and there's no need to have a designated spot for sleeping.  I presume they'll toss him in the stroller once they're done using him as a prop.

I don't think his weight is a big deal at this point, especially if he is being exclusively breast fed.  If they're following the usual recommendations for breast fed kids (feeding on demand, no solids until 4-6 months), he will redistribute the weight as he grows and becomes mobile.

As far as Carlin's seizure meds, only very tiny amounts of medications ever enter the breast milk and virtually every anti-seizure med is compatible with breast feeding.

I've got friends whose little girl was a chunker, much like Zade.  She was well above the curve weight-wise until around 10 months when she started to crawl and cruise on the furniture.  She has a very healthy appetite, and parents who actually care what she eats; and she has grown a lot taller as she learned to crawl and walk and, now, after 6 months of mobility, she's well proportioned and looks like the typical round cheeked toddler.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

I think I feel worse for Layla at this point. Evan and Carlin should enroll her in pre-school so she can play and do productive activities. Being dragged to the warehouse and plopped on a blanket with that LCD pad isn't providing her with any stimulation. It's like others have said upthread, if they can afford a 2k dining room table, they can afford to do better by their children. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 4

Pediatricians compare weight and height to a standard growth chart. Healthy growth in considered any where between 10% - 90%. Any child who is not within that range is monitored. If their growth basically remains on the same curve, there's not much to worry about. If a kid stops or slows down growing, it becomes a concern. If a kid starts to jump higher in weight and not height, it becomes a concern.

So if Zade is also growing in height along with his weight, its likely no big deal, but if he was usually, say, 70% H and 80% W, but is now 70% H and 90% W, the pediatrician is going to take notice. He/she will ask what Zade eats, is his crawling, etc. If he's only eating breast milk, its a wait and watch.

There are some studies that say babies who remain chubby up until their 2nd birthday have a higher likelihood of being chubby adults.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Notabug said:

Well, Zade has to go to 'work' with his parents every day.  Or at least twice a week.  One would think they would have a pack-n-play or something similar for the little guy to nap since he spends so much time in the warehouse rather than in his own home.  Another indication of just how self centered and selfish his parents are, they have to haul him around for photo ops, tired or not and there's no need to have a designated spot for sleeping.  I presume they'll toss him in the stroller once they're done using him as a prop.

The kids hang out on a cold cement floor. And of course Evan is ordering take-out.

image.png.829213dac813984acb170ae44b1f5084.png

• Sad 6
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The kids hang out on a cold cement floor. And of course Evan is ordering take-out.

image.png.829213dac813984acb170ae44b1f5084.png

I don’t really get why they don’t “invest” in their kids’ lives. We have a small two story house and we have a small fridge upstairs so SGirl can just reach and get fruits, veggies, yogurt, and other healthy snacks. She is in an engineering program and the homework is brutal. We want her fed and hydrated. SBaba wants to add a microwave but even I know that’s overkill.

There are so many babies in that family that they are bound to have a baby at the “boutique” almost any time they are there. Make a dedicated area for the kids. One of those huge playpens would serve them well. Get a refrigerator and store healthy snacks to have easily accessible for the kids. Get a damn TV with DVDs, and make sure part of the playpen is appropriately padded. All that irresponsible breeding without a care once the precious baby in utero (their terminology) becomes a nuisance once it exits the birth canal. 

• Like 13
8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin has been showing off some of the newest BSB stock on Instagram.  There were a couple of "cold shoulder" tops.  Wasn't that a thing 5 years ago?  Way to keep up with the trends.

And Fall is the perfect season to roll them out. 🙄

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Carlin has been showing off some of the newest BSB stock on Instagram.  There were a couple of "cold shoulder" tops.  Wasn't that a thing 5 years ago?  Way to keep up with the trends.

I absolutely loathed the cold shoulder trend. I feel like those tops made most women look like linebackers. I didn't even know they were still a thing. On a more positive note, I thought Evan's voiceover was pretty funny. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I saw an article just the other day that listed things that are NOT in style now. One of them was, you guessed it, cold-shoulder tops. 

Add me to the list of people who don't get why the Stewarts (and so many other fundies) don't seem to care much about their kids' well-being once they're born. It's really like the kid is born and that's the last their parents take notice of them, unless it's a photo op, of course. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 8

Carlin has a story giving Zade his first taste of Mac and cheese. He definitely loved it and it sounds like they are going to keep trying solids. 

I know this is BEC but why do people order M&C when eating out? Unless we are talking lobster m&c (yum) or some out of this world recipe it’s a waste of money. The one they are having is in a container (placed on a nice plate, wtaf), but still looks basic. 

Zade made the cutest noises when asking for more and at a point I thought he was going to bolt out of his high chair and lunge across the table. 😝

One more BEC, Layla was standing on her chair. That is dangerous and her parents should correct her. SBaby would occasionally try to stand up and all it took was one of us saying, “siéntate” (sit down), and she would calmly comply. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin just said in her IG story that Zade is, "still short" but gaining weight. Two slides later they are dining out and she's feeding him mac and cheese.

From the caption, am I understanding this was his first solid food?

BCFE9472-85D5-4706-A8A0-18840B939066.jpeg

1 minute ago, SMama said:

Carlin said first solid food.

Its so odd to me. Back in the day we slowly introduced foods. First (baby) cereals, then (baby) fruits and veggies, then (baby) meats (if meat eaters). I'm guessing my kids were over two before they ate mac and cheese, because really, why feed a baby mac and cheese?

• Like 9
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Its so odd to me. Back in the day we slowly introduced foods. First (baby) cereals, then (baby) fruits and veggies, then (baby) meats (if meat eaters). I'm guessing my kids were over two before they ate mac and cheese, because really, why feed a baby mac and cheese?

A lot of parents now do baby led weaning (BLW). Once the baby can sit in a high chair you give solid foods in its entirety. You have no idea how many seven month old babies I’ve seen gnawing on ribs, steak, anything. Baby regulates food intake and pace. SGirl finds it gross that the babies eat with their hands, with the food initially on the high chair tray. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess that is back in the day.  I did that too.  Grands were just offered regular food, small pieces.  Oldest is 22, then 19, then 14.5.  None of them ate baby food, just people food after being nursed a year.  Also, think of other cultures where there is no baby food.  Just people food.  Babies get used to the tastes of their cultures.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

My grandson is 9 months old. Exclusively breastfed, but when he hit 6 months old he started lunging at his parents’ food. 😂 He will eat anything but they started with soft banana, avocado, etc. 

I totally think that Carlin’s story was staged and Zade has tried solid food before.  There is a learning curve with spoon feeding and he knew exactly what to do with it.  Most babies spit out the food but he just gulped  it down. 
My kids are all in their 30’s and when they were babies I started them on cereal (rice to start) then veggies and then fruit.  The thinking was that if you introduced fruit first they would prefer the sweetness and might not eat the veggies.  I know rice cereal is a big no these days because there have been trace amounts of arsenic found in some brands.  Baby cereal in general seems to have fallen out of favour. 
Honestly it is so hard to keep up with all of the new guidelines.  While I am sure there are good reasons for the changes every previous generation seems to have survived.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 8

C&E are soooo busy. They're working 9-10 hrs/day every day and are SOOO exhausted. Fast forward to WEDNESDAY - getting haircuts, out at 1 pm with their Sbux drinks, figuring out where to go for lunch, feeding the kid mac and cheese at a restaurant, planning to go winter clothes shopping afterwards, and then picking up egg nog bc they just can't get into the Christmas decorating spirit without it. So get your story straight C&E - are you SOOOO busy or not bc let me tell you people with busy jobs aren't doing any of this $hit mid day on a Wed.

Beats me what they even CLAIM to be so busy with. Other retailers are busy this time of year bc they are constantly having to re-stock the shelves and staff the registers, or packing up goods to ship out and then re-stock the shelves and packing the next round of orders. Given that their inventory is continually touching the ceiling of that "shop" of theirs, I'm thinking there aren't thousands or even dozens of orders that need to go out the door daily. Just seems like a handy thing to say - we're in retail, this is our busy season.

And seeing the kids' pic yesterday, my first thought was - is this how these kids will be raised just sprawled on a blanket at the shop with zero academic/enrichment? It blows my mind that Layla [and all her cousins] is 3 and has had ZERO real education beyond mom/dad once in a while being like - what comes after 3, oooohhh you're SOOOO smart. Send the kid to a damn school. First they aren't even fundie so I doubt that their kid being corrupted by talk re TV, Disney, or by the minimal interaction with non Christians in Rocky Top is that big of a deal. Second if that is a big deal, do they realize that every mega church in the south [including theirs most likely] runs a preschool?? Sure it'll cost them money - but with their continuous traveling, shopping, and not working, doesn't seem like $ is an object. But I'm guessing actually spending $ on their kid, which may require them to cut back on vacation and dining out $, prob would be an issue for them. To say nothing of the actual responsibility. Once kids are in school, you are on a schedule where you are up and ready to go at 7-8 am. No way C&E are giving up their schedule of kids up until 10 screaming, leisurely rolling out of bed at 10 am etc.

• Like 6
  • Applause 11

So if the recommendation now is straight to table food, I'm going to assume pediatricians discourage empty calorie foods like mac and cheese, French fries, donut pops, etc.

I mean don't get me wrong, my kids ate fast food and candy and such, but certainly not in their first year and probably not in their first two years.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So if the recommendation now is straight to table food, I'm going to assume pediatricians discourage empty calorie foods like mac and cheese, French fries, donut pops, etc.

I mean don't get me wrong, my kids ate fast food and candy and such, but certainly not in their first year and probably not in their first two years.

From the videos I’ve seen the meal usually has a protein, a vegetable, fruit, and sometimes small dessert. Milk and juice in small quantities, and water is encouraged with every meal. As trend conscious as C&E are I don’t think they will offer balanced meals to their kids.

I don’t know what’s Evan’s excuse, but the Bates girls seem to relish indulging in the junk food they couldn’t get as kids due to finances. I cringe every time I see Layla clutching a bag of chips.

I try to eat healthy but we all have our vices. Everything in moderation. I’m trying to remember when was the last time SGirl (15) had chips. I can’t remember as we don’t keep them at home. I think she tried potato chips for the first time in mid elementary school at a birthday party. It’s really easy to control junk food intake at Layla’s age. Her parents are just not interested. 

• Like 7

C & E eat like teenagers so why would they give Layla or Zade anything else but junk food? And we all know they don’t really listen or follow doctors instructions or suggestions. Occasionally after posts where we comment on their diet, Carlin will show Layla with a strawberry. It’s tough to break the cycle of Strbx, Dunkin’ and Sonic but right now the kids have no choice, it’s up to C & E to change.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Most pediatricians seem to recommend starting solid foods at around 6 months.  The old rule of rice cereal and then moving on to other things has gone by the wayside.  As someone said upthread, rice cereal may have arsenic contamination.  Most pediatricians recommend multigrain fortified cereals/oatmeal rather than rice cereal.

They do suggest giving the baby single ingredient foods at first as well as waiting a few days before introducing a new food so that it is easier to determine which foods the baby likes as well as being able to figure out which foods cause stomach upset, rashes or other allergic reactions.  So, mac and cheese would not be high on the list of new foods for a baby.  Most pediatricians would recommend giving the kiddo a well balanced diet and concentrating on proteins rather than carbs.

Of course, it is also recommended that any food be mashed, pureed or cut into tiny pieces because infants often have difficulty coordinating their swallowing and are prone to choking.  So, if Carlin is going to give the kid mac and cheese, she should at least chop it up into tiny pieces if not mash it.

A lot of parents make their own baby food from regular foods and that is fine, there are a lot of handy dandy devices available at Walmart and Target for doing this.  Many babies never eat traditional baby foods these days.

My baby sister, soon to be 50, never ate baby food.  My mom would get her jar of strained peas or whatever and try to feed her while we ate dinner.  She would take a look at her 5 siblings and parents eating real food and start screaming and pointing.  Didn't take long for my mom to give it up and just cut up whatever we were eating.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
On 11/15/2022 at 4:17 PM, 3 is enough said:

https://www.whoopsee.it/sarah-jessica-parker-e-cynthia-nixon-a-brooklyn-sul-set-di-and-just-like-that/

Look at what Cynthia Nixon is wearing here. It appears that cold elbow may be the next hot thing!

• LOL 2
26 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

https://www.whoopsee.it/sarah-jessica-parker-e-cynthia-nixon-a-brooklyn-sul-set-di-and-just-like-that/

Look at what Cynthia Nixon is wearing here. It appears that cold elbow may be the next hot thing!

Why? 😂

That article was hilarious with the mix of Italian and English. 
I bet Carlin would be all over that trend. 🙄Do wonder if she has any knowledge of Sex and the City though. I think her head would explode!

• LOL 2

Carlin since you read here - Zade's next food should be fries, he'll be able to eat those easily . . . .

Really though these two idiots defy belief. IDK what the current baby feeding rules are but there's a reason that for generations, people have given toddlers a ton of healthy foods and almost no junk so they get a taste for vegetables etc. while you still 100% control their eating and before the world gives them the taste for McDonalds, chips, candy.

Like you want to give him solid food - fine, how about some mashed up peas or potatoes. But I guess that's harder to do when your home never has cooked peas or potatoes. But really store bought mac and cheese? It's empty carbs + chemical cheese product + a boatload of salt. Do they really think there's a grandma standing in the kitchen lovingly grating real Vermont cheddar all day?

They eat like college kids - probably bc they never got that experience at that age + can't be bothered to cook - and feed their kids the same way, not caring that from a development perspective, their kids need healthy foods right now.

I also think there's an unhealthy amount of over-compensating happening. Carlin grew up in a home where she NEVER got store bought treats. While Evan's home probably wasn't that financially tight, his mom seems like she runs a tight ship with meals with a meat + green vegetables every night, so I'm guess his parents just may not have said yes every time a kid asked for a bag of chips or twinkies. Now that C&E can buy that stuff on their own, they've been like kids in a candy store for the last 4 yrs. I mean not only do they get Layla a cake pop or chips or something like EVERY time they go out, but it'll be those bags of chips that are meant to be 2.5 servings. She went outlet mall shopping w/ Kelly and Katie at one point and bought Layla a bag of chips literally the size of the child's head and handed it to her for lunch.

Whatever happened to Evan's rant from 1-2 wks ago about how they were going to start cooking but there's just nothing good to eat out blah blah. Don't think they've pictured themselves cooking once since then.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Notabug said:

Of course, it is also recommended that any food be mashed, pureed or cut into tiny pieces because infants often have difficulty coordinating their swallowing and are prone to choking.  So, if Carlin is going to give the kid mac and cheese, she should at least chop it up into tiny pieces if not mash it.

I didn’t see her giving him any noodles/macaroni. It looked like just a bit of the cheese sauce. Not the best thing but not the worst either. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Did Evan's nieces drive out on their own? None of them look old enough to have a license, but I didn't see any of Evan's siblings in Carlin's social media pictures. 

I don’t know anything about Evan’s family. There was a woman in the tree video, and “Aunt B” was making cookies. Are they siblings, or in-laws perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1