Type keyword(s) to search

World on Fire - General Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Tom's ship was sinking. etc etc

1 hour ago, Daff said:

Last season, Tom came home on leave after a harrowing experience. He didn’t want to return and his father convinced him he must return. Then, we realized he was headed for the vessel history tells us was sunk with very few survivors. Don’t remember whether his ship sank before or after 1940. He’s either home having survived, or still has that ordeal ahead of him. 

He was serving on HMS Keith during the evacuation at Dunkirk.  The ship was sunk by the Germans there but Tom was not onboard at the time, having already been wounded on the beach.  He ended up in the hospital where Helen Hunt's nephew worked and escaped through Spain.  We didn't see him after that.  He did reference his ship having been sunk when talking to those kids in the street, but I'm not sure if it was the same ship or not.

But yes, Kasia and Harry were on the run in Poland and now they're in England with no explanation of how they got there.  Maybe one will be forthcoming, but honestly, I don't really care.  I was interested in Kasia in Poland but not at all now that she's in England.  And Harry was, is and will always be as boring as dirt.

Not really sure exactly how much time has elapsed since season 1, long enough for Jan to have gotten tall, Lois' baby to no longer be a newborn and for Kasia's brother to have joined the RAF, but other than that, who knows.

• Like 2

I rewatched the season one finale last night, and it didn't help that much because it seems like most of those plotlines were dropped.

There was Lois's dad and his shellshock/PTSD experience that looked like it was going to allow him to help Kasia's brother and there was his relationship with Jan. Now Kasia's brother is apparently out of the asylum and in the RAF.

Lois's season finale story was mostly about the RAF officer who proposed to her, knowing she didn't love him, her giving birth, and her planning to turn down the proposal until he was believed to have been shot down. Upon learning he survived, she was so overjoyed that she accepted the proposal. Then he must have been shot down for good offscreen.

Robina actually seemed to have been thawing somewhat in the finale, but she's back to full bitch mode.

Then there was Helen Hunt the journalist and her "nephew"/rape baby son doctor and his jazz musician lover. The musician is in the previews, so they haven't dropped him, but will the nephew/son be back? I guess we'll no longer have the American journalist as our character in Berlin. The German family with the daughter I remembered can't be one of the ones in season two, as that mother and daughter died, but they had a son who was a soldier doubting the cause. I don't know if he's one of the German soldiers we've seen in season 2, as all those Aryan types in uniform look pretty much the same to me.

And, yes, Harry and Kasia had been ambushed by Nazis in Poland at the cliffhanger.

I may have to back up further to catch up and remember who all these people are. I guess they had to have some passage of time with Jan having grown a foot, and that makes it easier to write off the missing actors, but it also leaves us with some huge gaps. It seems like they could have resolved the Harry and Kasia cliffhanger, then had a "six months/one year/whatever later" and done the time jump. They could have shown something about the loss of the dead characters without having those actors. Show Lois waiting for her fiance and then him not coming back, or her finding the house destroyed and knowing her father was there.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

but I'm not sure if it was the same ship or not.

Not. After Dunkirk, he was last seen at the train station with his father. His cap indicated he was now assigned to a ship that in future would go down, with few survivors. Can’t remember the name, think it began with an “I”.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Daff said:

Not. After Dunkirk, he was last seen at the train station with his father. His cap indicated he was now assigned to a ship that in future would go down, with few survivors. Can’t remember the name, think it began with an “I”.

What?  Hell that was neither on the dvds I got from the library or the apparently even more edited version on PBS' website.  What we got in the US was Tom walking into Spain and neither Douglas nor Lois knowing he was still alive.  Shit, that's a pretty damned big thing to cut.  Hopefully it's on the import dvds I got.  I only just started watching them so I haven't gotten that far.

• Like 1
On 10/17/2023 at 9:36 AM, Shanna Marie said:

I may have to back up further to catch up and remember who all these people are. I guess they had to have some passage of time with Jan having grown a foot, and that makes it easier to write off the missing actors, but it also leaves us with some huge gaps. It seems like they could have resolved the Harry and Kasia cliffhanger, then had a "six months/one year/whatever later" and done the time jump. They could have shown something about the loss of the dead characters without having those actors. Show Lois waiting for her fiance and then him not coming back, or her finding the house destroyed and knowing her father was there.

I really wish they had done this. Lois lost her father and fiance that something we should have seen and it be a big storyline for her. Jan had really connected to Lois's father and we should have seen that. And yes, how did Harry and Kasia get out of Poland? They are all good plot lines for us to watch the characters go through instead of just being told what they went through. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

They are all good plot lines for us to watch the characters go through instead of just being told what they went through. 

We've barely even been told what they went through. We don't know how Harry and Kasia escaped the Nazi ambush and got out of Poland. When she was having nightmares, it seemed to be more about her earlier resistance activity, not whatever happened then that they may tease and lead up to showing us. We found out about Lois's father from the scene in which her brother returned, but the loss of her fiance was just an offhand line of dialogue. Maybe they will revisit these things, but so far they've just told us enough to explain the absence of the characters and we have to assume Harry and Kasia escaped, since here they are.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure I'd watch this season after disliking so much of the first one,  but aside from Harry (who remains, to quote the Telly Visions Podcasters, the worst) I'm finding this season more compelling.  I am a wee bit ick on the Lebensborn storyline, but mostly I'm just not seeing the linkage to the rest of the story. But I'm liking the North Africa piece with the Indian soldiers, of course there's Harry dropped into it,  and

Spoiler

Now that Lois is going to Cairo will they run into each other again?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Well, now my 9 o'clocks on Sunday night have freed up.  Might still record this so I can fast-forward to the exactly 2 story lines I care at least a tiny bit about (the guys in North Africa and the nurse in Paris) but now that Tom's 3 minutes have aired, I don't need to watch the show when it airs.  I know it was because Ewan Mitchell's availability was severely limited due to his House of the Dragon commitment, but still, fuck.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Like 1

Of course Harry and Lois will meet up in Cairo (yawn). 

Apparently they are going to stretch out the Sir James story line.  One of the few things I actually find interesting.   

Stan continues to be the highlight of the show.  Harry:  My wife is safe now.  She's in London living with my mother.  Stan: I thought you said she was safe.

On a side note, I use closed captioning for all British shows and I'm very annoyed with PBS for putting a black box over the subtitles whenever a foreign language is spoken.  I can't be the only one having this issue.

• Like 3

Ugh first Harry comes to Egypt and now Lois. Great, so their going to be together why they are there and ruin the Egypt story that I've been liking so far. 

We saw Henriette in France still trying to save people. 

Wow, turning in your own friend. The poor girl forced to chose between her parents' and her teacher. I'm glad they are showing how much it sucked there. 

I really don't care about Lois. I really don't care about Harry either. Robina's really being horrible. 

Hopefully Kasia gets back in the action soon. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 2

I think Harry is a continuous disappointment as a person, and Kasia is too good for him. The chemistry between Jonah and Zofia is fabulous, however, and I would like to see their characters in a good place whenever the end comes regardless. Harry is elevated by Kasia and I think Harry can help Kasia find a new, healthy version of herself when the war is over… 

The writers are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Lois and I still think she’s an a**. Harry is the “love of your life,” Lois?!

When Lois was talking to Robina all I could think was Lois bellowing repeatedly while pregnant she didn’t want anything, being absolutely hateful to Harry at each opportunity that presented itself to her, and being all set to hand over Vera to Vernon had he not been killed. 

Vera is Robina’s son’s child because you jumped a visibly distraught man in the back of a car to get back figuratively and literally, Lois. 

I’m going to wonder about Bowker’s grandmother (Lois was based on her at the start at least) if Harry is there with Lois and Robina at the end of the show. Ha! 

Edited by ComeWhatMay
Extra Word
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ComeWhatMay said:

I think Harry is a continuous disappointment as a person, and Kasia is too good for him. The chemistry between Jonah and Zofia is fabulous, however, and I would like to see their characters in a good place whenever the end comes regardless. Harry is elevated by Kasia and I think Harry can help Kasia find a new, healthy version of herself when the war is over… 

I think your completely right about Harry. I had more of a interest in him when he tried to get Kasia out but she switched with Jan. Later when he returned to Poland and joined up with Kasia to fight. But really it's Kasia I'm interested in. She had a chance to get out of Poland but switched with her brother. Which was a smart move Jan probably never would have survived Poland. Kasia went through the horrors of seeing people shot especially her own mother for really no reason. She joined the underground and fought back. Her story is completely exciting but everything she does so far has made sense with her character. 

The writers are throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Lois and I still think she’s an a**. Harry is the “love of your life,” Lois?!

When Lois was talking to Robina all I could think was Lois bellowing repeatedly while pregnant she didn’t want anything, being absolutely hateful to Harry at each opportunity that presented itself to her, and being all set to hand over Vera to Vernon had he not been killed. 

Vera is Robina’s son’s child because you jumped a visibly distraught man in the back of a car to get back figuratively and literally, Lois. 

I’m going to wonder about Bowker’s grandmother (Lois was based on her at the start at least) if Harry is there with Lois and Robina at the end of the show. Ha! 

This! Most of the reason I hate Lois is the crap she pulled in season one. She chosed to jump Harry when he got back and then dumped him immediately after. She found out she was pregnant and insisted she needed nothing from Robina and Harry, treated Harry like crap at every turn. Why? I really don't know why she did any of that. And no one has called her on any of it. She caused the circumstances has zero consequences and taken no responsiblity for any of it. Now has done a sudden 180 that dropping off the baby when ever she has to work before decided to leave her with Robina and walking away. I don't know what their trying to do with her but she keeps getting worse.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, ComeWhatMay said:

Not that I disagree, but Robina is just as bad, imo.

Personally I never understood Lois sleeping with Harry after finding out he'd married someone else.  And without protection - which was available at the time.  Stupid as hell and one of the many reasons I don't like her.

• Like 2

Glad I am able to read all your comments.  I started watching from the beginning solely because of Sean Bean.  Liked the characters and arc stories, but now I really have no reason to watch anymore.  Sounds like maybe new writers and that is why so much character change?  

19 hours ago, paloma58 said:

Glad I am able to read all your comments.  I started watching from the beginning solely because of Sean Bean.  Liked the characters and arc stories, but now I really have no reason to watch anymore.  Sounds like maybe new writers and that is why so much character change?  

Pretty sure the writers are the same.  The delay between seasons due to Covid affected the availability of some of the actors which necessitated getting rid of some characters.  This was the case with Sean Bean and Arthur Darville.  Other characters' stories had finished, like Helen Hunt's neighbors.  Some, well, not sure why at this point.

• Like 2

I wonder if Lois and Harry are end game.  They seem much more alike than Harry and Kasia.   I still don't find them interesting.  

And now we're in for some drama with the also uninteresting David. 

Give me more of Stan and Rajib.  And Kasia.

• Like 3

Those scenes in the so called "mothering house" were sickening.  I kind of got the impression that the men were just as brainwashed as the girls.  And then to throw that denial of water to the Indian officer at us at the end...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Some of those youths that Marga could have hooked up with seemed a lot more friendly than the guy she did end up with.  He is one cold fish.  It doesn't seen like just brainwashing but maybe there's more to him.  Heaven help Marga if he's really like this.

That was an inhumane way to treat Rajib.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Those scenes in the so called "mothering house" were sickening.  I kind of got the impression that the men were just as brainwashed as the girls.  And then to throw that denial of water to the Indian officer at us at the end...

That scene with young Marga after the Officer came in with a cold look on his face & her face afterwards was so full of pain & anguish...Just Horrendous!  I felt ill watching it :(

• Like 3

I just started the series and have forced myself to watch several interminable episodes. I'm very disappointed, although I appreciate the effort to tell Poland's story. Many of the actors have limited range, each with a singular blank expression, and then there's Hunt's know-it-all journalist. Thus far, even Manville cannot save it. Since I signed up for Passport just for this, I'll keep going a bit longer.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

That scene with young Marga after the Officer came in with a cold look on his face & her face afterwards was so full of pain & anguish...Just Horrendous!  I felt ill watching it :(

I found it hard to be too sympathetic to her, though, since both her teacher and friend tried to dissuade her and instead of listening, she turned them in to the Gestapo. So, she got what she asked for. I don't think the experience measured up to her girlish fantasies of service to the Fatherland, obviously. She could have found a somewhat more likable partner, though. THAT guy was over-the-top cold and clinical.

• Like 6

I'm really not sure what Marga was expecting especially since she didn't seem to even know what it took to have a baby. But both the lady and the soldier she got did exactly what she was told. He was there just to concieve and that's it. He was cold and not very friendly. The whole thing is so creepy and messed up.  

So Lois and Harry are going to end up together? I just don't care about them. 

I love Joyce quitting. Good for her. She got saddled with taking watching a baby and then taking care of her completely while still having to do the other stuff? And of course Robina could careless when Joyce was trying to point that out to her. Should have listened and helped out more Robina, servants don't have to stay anymore. They can go find better jobs pretty much anywhere.  

I do have a little sympathy for Robin getting stuck taking care of Vera which she didn't want. 

The best scenes were with Rajib, Stan and Kasia. I liked the back and forth about saving the German officer or not. I'm was worried about the gas the whole time. Rajib was right about Stan and the rest of the army. Poor Rajib saves them both and watches his fellow men going right past him to give water to the prisoner. 

I can't wait to see Kasia working to routing out the enemy. That'll be fun. She'll be good at it. I get why she wants to go back Warsaw but she really can't. 

I felt bad when Albert learned there were no more black people free in Paris. 

• Like 1

Am I supposed to feel sorry for the evil little witch who basically had her best friend turned over to the Gestapo?  Cause I don't.  And I don't give a shit about anything happening in England, not even Kasia.  I'm still in this for Stan and Rajib and Henriette.  Makes it a lot quicker to watch.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Am I supposed to feel sorry for the evil little witch who basically had her best friend turned over to the Gestapo?  Cause I don't.  

I don't know  if I feel sorry for her, but I am creeped out by the whole Lebensborn thing and want to see what happens with her. Did any of those girls write about their experiences? Were any of them forced into the program?

• Like 3

I thought Joyce quit.

Great Robina thinks Kasia is going after her man. 

I was surprised that Kasia doesn't think any Pole would betray their country. Didn't she see that when she was in Warsaw? That was one of the horrifying parts of the war was how many Poles, Dutch, etc. did betay their country or neighbors, or friends for German.

Her believing the Polish lady at first made me think of Burn Notice where Michael said criminals have dropped their guard when they hear their own language or their people.

I don't know what we're suppose to think about Marga. At first I thought we were suppose to see her as brainwashed German happy to do her duty whether get pregnant or turn in her best friend. Now she's unhappy but she was warned by her parents, her best friend and her teacher not to do it. But I can't tell if she's unhappy because she's seeing how horrible it is or just because she can't be outside with the other girls.

Poor Rajib and his men stuck with terrible commander. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Constant Viewer said:

I don't know  if I feel sorry for her, but I am creeped out by the whole Lebensborn thing and want to see what happens with her. Did any of those girls write about their experiences? Were any of them forced into the program?

I don't know how consensual it was in Germany, but they carried that program out in occupied lands that they considered appropriately Aryan, and there even married German soldiers stationed in those lands were expected to get local women pregnant, with the local women not having a lot of say in the matter. Some may have had semi-consensual relationships with the occupiers rather than it being outright rape, but how consensual a relationship can it really be with a man who has total power over you? They might have been treated like mistresses or girlfriends, but probably didn't feel free to say no. It turns out that Frida, the brunette from ABBA, may have been one of these kids. She learned after she became famous that her father was a German officer occupying Norway. Her mother committed suicide when she was very young and she ended up in Sweden with her grandmother, so she's still (last documentary on it I saw) not sure whether her mother was merely a mistress of a German officer or if it was a Lebensborn thing.

Most of the documentaries I've seen that mention the program imply that the German girls were enthusiastic participants, but most of them had been essentially brainwashed for most of their childhood. I've seen a documentary that uses German movie footage and text from journals and letters that talks about a big summer camp in which the Hitler Youth boys and the girls' version had adjacent camps, and almost all of the teen girls came home pregnant. Not only were the kids not kept apart, but they were encouraged to get together so more babies would be born. The letters used in the documentary were the girls writing home to their parents to share the "good" news about their pregnancies and mentioning that all their friends were pregnant, too. They didn't have the parents' letters, but it sounded like the girls knew their parents wouldn't be happy. The whole thing is really creepy, and it blows my mind that enough people to make it happen thought this was a good thing to do.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

I enjoyed this last episode, things are moving along in all the storylines. Really enjoy the North Africa action, looks like  Lois  is having a change of heart? 

So can she just leave?  Did she not sign a contract for a set amount of time?  They are definitely rehabbing her character.  

• Like 3
On 11/13/2023 at 7:13 PM, bluestocking said:

So can she just leave?  Did she not sign a contract for a set amount of time?  They are definitely rehabbing her character.

This was my question, too. She and Harry seen to be able to just pop in and out of jobs (and countries!) at will.  It seems not very likely that she could just flit in,  work a few weeks, and then flit back out.  But baby Vera being no older (and sure in real life they probably didn't want to get a new baby actor, but why not,  it's not like we are vested in this one) sure makes it look that way.  

• Like 3

That was my question for Lois and Harry. I didn't think you could just leave either jobs. 

Yeah, Harry, Stan's death is your fault. He should have listened to Rajib.

I feel sorry for Jan. He had more to do last season. Now all he gets is told to leave the room.

Robina's still annoying me. Women stay home? Ah, women served in WW1 as spies and nurses. But they worked. Kasia clearly doesn't want to stay there and she should leave like she offered. Nope she wants to kick Jan out too. That's crappy.

I feel for Kasia but she should have seen the suicide coming. That was really the only option. But it was the first time someone died that was a victim. Killing Nazis is easier. They were the enemy. But someone like the Polish woman blackmailed into doing what she did because they have her son. I do wish she had taken up Kasia's offer but I get she was too scared too. I didn't like Kasia going off at dinner. I do like what he said about all he saw in WW1. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
56 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, Harry, Stan's death is your fault. He should have listened to Rajib.

Yep, good going, Harry.  Why couldn't it have been you instead?  (I know, main character armor.)  Did they even get drinkable water out of that whole mess?

So now I'm down to Rajib and Henriette making this mess watchable.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Robina's still annoying me. Women stay home? Ah, women served in WW1 as spies and nurses. But they worked. Kasia clearly doesn't want to stay there and she should leave like she offered. Nope she wants to kick Jan out too. That's crappy.

What I don't get is what Robina expects Kasia to do. Her husband is on another continent, so it's not as though she has wifely duties to perform. She's just supposed to sit at home and do nothing? In reality, women like Robina did a lot for the war effort. Is she not involved in the WI, doing fundraising, hosting tea kitchens for soldiers, etc.? She's got one person billeted with her, but how has she avoided taking in evacuees? She basically just sits on her ass, and now she's demanding Kasia do the same, when neither of them have husbands at home to take care of.

I sometimes find myself looking for the seams where they've had to rewrite based on losing cast members. I don't know if they'd actually planned or written the second season already, though I'd have hoped they had some idea of where they were going. I wonder if the new RAF pilot we're now supposed to care about even though we barely know him and know almost nothing about him was thrown in as a replacement for Arthur Darvill's character. There might have been more romantic angst and conflict if the guy engaged to a woman he knew didn't love him found himself falling for the French woman caring for him and hiding him from the Nazis. Then he might have been legitimately torn. As it is, the only thing really keeping them apart is the fact that he can't stay in France. There's no obstacle to their feelings while he's there. They've completely reversed on Robina starting to thaw due largely to her interaction with Sean Bean's character and him challenging her to be a decent human. Sir Whatshisface may be meant to fill that role, though someone like him likely would always have been there to bring Kasia in on some kind of spying or war effort.

I'm not even sure what the point of sending Lois to Egypt was. She didn't reconnect with Harry beyond one conversation, so it wasn't to create a triangle. I guess she developed a maternal instinct from the baby she rescued that made her want to actually mother her own child, but that seems like a lot of effort for one small plot development.

I want to like this series because I'm a sucker for WWII drama, but this is kind of a mess. I'd watch it as background noise, but then there are all the subtitles, so I have to actually read the screen, aside from the German parts that I can kind of follow.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

What I don't get is what Robina expects Kasia to do. Her husband is on another continent, so it's not as though she has wifely duties to perform. She's just supposed to sit at home and do nothing? In reality, women like Robina did a lot for the war effort. Is she not involved in the WI, doing fundraising, hosting tea kitchens for soldiers, etc.? She's got one person billeted with her, but how has she avoided taking in evacuees? She basically just sits on her ass, and now she's demanding Kasia do the same, when neither of them have husbands at home to take care of.

Good question Harry's gone and Vera's not her child. What is she suppose to do? Cook? Clean? That's Joyce's job still don't know why she came back. I'd love to know how Robina doesn't have to put up evacuees or something. I really thought that was going to be what she did starting with Jan. She didn't want him at first but eventually really got along with him and stood up for him. Until this season.

I sometimes find myself looking for the seams where they've had to rewrite based on losing cast members. I don't know if they'd actually planned or written the second season already, though I'd have hoped they had some idea of where they were going. I wonder if the new RAF pilot we're now supposed to care about even though we barely know him and know almost nothing about him was thrown in as a replacement for Arthur Darvill's character. There might have been more romantic angst and conflict if the guy engaged to a woman he knew didn't love him found himself falling for the French woman caring for him and hiding him from the Nazis. Then he might have been legitimately torn. As it is, the only thing really keeping them apart is the fact that he can't stay in France. There's no obstacle to their feelings while he's there. They've completely reversed on Robina starting to thaw due largely to her interaction with Sean Bean's character and him challenging her to be a decent human. Sir Whatshisface may be meant to fill that role, though someone like him likely would always have been there to bring Kasia in on some kind of spying or war effort.

That would have been a great story. At least better then the one now. Your right about no obstacles. At least if he was torn between Lois and her it would be something more. As soon Sir arrived we knew he was for Kasia's story. 

I'm not even sure what the point of sending Lois to Egypt was. She didn't reconnect with Harry beyond one conversation, so it wasn't to create a triangle. I guess she developed a maternal instinct from the baby she rescued that made her want to actually mother her own child, but that seems like a lot of effort for one small plot development.

I don't either. I really thought they were going to set up a triangle or Lois and Harry decided they wanted to be together. Nope, that didn't happen. Lois came, worked, talked him once and now wants to go back to be a mother to her baby. Why go at all? There were motherless children at home who lost their parents' in the Blitz for her to decide that.

I want to like this series because I'm a sucker for WWII drama, but this is kind of a mess. I'd watch it as background noise, but then there are all the subtitles, so I have to actually read the screen, aside from the German parts that I can kind of follow.

Same here. I love WWII stories and I've always wanted one that had characters in different parts of the war. Britain, France, Poland, Germany and now North Africa. I really like that idea. But most of the characters are just there. They don't really have a story and are boring. The few that do make no sense. The only ones we really know are Lois, Kasia, Harry, Robina, and Jan. But Lois still makes zero sense to me. I don't know why she does anything. Same with Harry. Last season he was more interesting when he tried to get Kasia out but got Jan and went back to help her. I felt them as a couple. They could have kept the marriage and him going back home with Jan but they could have made triangle Lois being his childhood love and runs into her when he gets back. Doesn't know how he feels. Instead I don't know why anyone wants him. Or why he keeps wanting Kasia out of the war she clearly wants to be involved. If he had been killed instead of Stan I really wouldn't have cared.

There's really so much they could do with these characters and WWII but they really aren't. I just really wish it was better.

• Applause 1

Oh Kasia, you are my favorite in a show with so few people to like. I suspect we will never find out what happens to you, either because the show is cancelled, or Zofia jumps ship for something better. And the thing is, even if you save Poland from the Nazis, you will have the Soviets to deal with for years to come.

• Like 2

I always chuckle at the extended goodbyes featured in war movie scenes such as Harry getting sent off to rescue.  Notwithstanding the possibility of getting ambushed by a patrol, there's always time for a heart to hear talk and embrace.  If it were me on that meadow and she said "Go.  Go now", and then said "Harry...", she'd be talking to herself.

I hope that stupid brother of Marga's gets into that Wermacht battalion that attacks Brad Pitt's tank in Fury in a couple of years.  He deserves a bullet.

Did they miss a continuity factor in that radio broadcast?  The newscaster mentioned the battle of Stalingrad (1942+) but I also thought he implied that the US was not involved in the war yet.

• Like 1

This was a lackluster episode. It felt like they weren't sure the show would be renewed. I'm not either. Harry and Robina have a talk about his father. Robina was right there's no real way to understand suicide. The only one who knows why it happened is the one who commited suicide. Also, there were no cliffhangers like last season if the show doesn't come back we can assume Henriette gets away, Marga's brother gets killed in Russia, and Kasia kicks ass in Poland. 

I'm glad Kasia finally got to go back Poland. 

I agreed Robina about Lois coming back for the baby. She abandoned Vera at the door. She shouldn't get her back or at least until she can prove she's not going to take off again. Vera's happy and well taken care off. Harry really shouldn't have said anything. He's really doesn't care about Vera. 

I liked the scene between Kasia and Jan. I wish they had given him more to do. When Kasia talked about them going back to Poland after the war I wondered if he even wants that. He seems happy where he is. 

I like Rajib finally explaining to Ishwar what he's doing in the war. Them agreeing after this war, the one against Britain is next. 

I was laughing at Marga's brother talking about trash about the Soviets. That was brutal front of the war. In Schindler's List Schindler threatens two German officers with being sent to Russia if they don't Stern off the train. The two immediately start calling for Stern. No one wanted to be sent there. I hope Marga's brother gets sent there. What a horrible person. 

• Like 1

Well, damn it.  No more Tom Bennett.  🤬  Not that there would've been much of him in a season 3, given that Ewan Mitchell is going to be tied up with House of the Dragon for quite some time to come, but still.  Damn it.