Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: We're Lost In The Dark

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

To air October 3, 2019:

Dr. Choi and Dr. Charles have difficult decisions to make as a dying man tries to preserve his future life with a controversial scientific method. Dr. Marcel and April clash over how to handle a mysterious patient and Will questions Natalie's capabilities. Sharon assigns a nurse to shadow Maggie, much to her dismay.

Dr. Charles and his placebos - it was way too predictable because that's how this show operates.

I finally realized what the Natalie amnesia story reminds me of - that old Sandra Bullock rom-com "While You Were Sleeping", LOL. Of course with a more sinister tone.

It took me a while to realize it was Jesse Spencer's character from Fire who was in there working with Natalie because the scene was so dark. At last I recognized him from his voice.

• Love 6

The above synopsis is wrong. Anyway, Dr. Marcel is a cowboy. I like him.

I diagnosed mass hysteria when the second girl started seizing. Not that hard of a diagnosis. 😏 Why were those other two girls allowed to stay in the ED anyway? 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I just double checked, and the description I posted is the same in the database. So... *shrug*

It looks like next weeks show got shown this week.  Not sure what happened. 

I'm sick of the hospital's emergency equipment fails scenario. OMG, how many times has that happened?  With all their crisis, wouldn't they make sure they have their ducks in a row?  Was this the show where someone went down to check on power and got electrocuted? Maybe, that was another show.  But, I was wondering, why didn't they fix the power danger/risk situation way back when.  Besides, the immediate backup power operates on battery, right? So bogus.  Glad that one guy said he couldn't take it and left. He was smart enough to know that tragedy BS happens there all the time, like plane crashes on street outside, bomb explodes, terrorist hold them hostage, contagious illness plops down in their ED, etc. It's never ending. 

The two love couples looking at each other with such adoring eyes....omg, makes me sick.  Will, just consider yourself lucky and move on.  And Dr. Choi.......I'm glad he reminded me that he has the most wonderful woman in the world....please! 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Was this the show where someone went down to check on power and got electrocuted? Maybe, that was another show. 

That was New Amsterdam and all I could think while watching Med was 'really?' Do they share the same writers or are they just out of new ideas? Well I guess at least this was just rain and not a record-setting blizzard! ::eyeroll::

• Love 2

I'm leaning to The Good Doctor, but, they jump the shark at times too. lol  Dr. Charles and Sharon Goodwin (love these actors) are really what pulled me in to this show.  I have never been impressed with the other cast members, except for maybe, Dr. Choi and Dr. Rhodes.  When I watch it, I just keep wondering why they didn't do better on the casting. They did pretty well on the casting for Chicago Fire and PD, so, IDK. 

I'm tired of Maggie and it wouldn't bother me if she fainted and never woke up.  

I don't even want to think about "AprilandChoi."  I used to like Choi but now even he's getting on my nerves.  It was nice to see April's brother again though. 

At least they're writing the female blonde doctor to be a little more caring this season.  

• Love 2

Pretty sad that most of the responses were to the power outage and not so much to the episode.🤣You do wonder, after a while, if these medical shows all have the same script--just the names changed to protect the innocence😉   With Colin Donnel's departure and more emphasis on Manstead and Chexton, this show has now been placed on my "CAN Miss TV" schedule😀   Oh and a bit surprising to see Noah return; was he even in S4??

Edited by cathmed
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, cathmed said:

Oh and a bit surprising to see Noah return; was he even in S4??

I'm glad you mentioned his name.  All I could remember was "April's brother."  He deserves better than that, lol.

• Love 2

Why is April forever questioning the doctors? I’m not saying that nurses don’t catch a doctor’s mistake or can’t question them, but she’s forever doing it. Phillip can kidnap Natalie any day now so that they can both never be seen or heard from again. This whole Will is pinning over Natalie storyline is just old. The writers are turning this show into a bad soap opera. I like Maggie and I’m glad she’s getting a storyline, but I wish it was more realistic. There is no way that someone who just completed chemo would have enough energy to return to work in the ED.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, spunky said:

Why is April forever questioning the doctors? I’m not saying that nurses don’t catch a doctor’s mistake or can’t question them, but she’s forever doing it.

I HATE that wide-eyed, questioning look she always gives the doctors!

Choi is an idiot.

• Love 5

With the heart surgery story this show may have answered my question about how much the heart-lung department will figure into this show now that it has lost Connor and Ava. Are they bringing in a new surgeon? I didn't catch the name of the one who was doing the stent operation with no electricity. And is Noah going to be seeing some of the action? It seemed they were hinting at that when the surgeon told him he had "good hands". Whatever, I hope Ato Essendoh has more time to appear on this show.

• Love 1

I asked last week what happened to Noah.  I guess this episode we find out he is still around.  Is this his third season?  Or second?  We first saw him as a med student who just wanted to make money.  Was he a first year ER resident last year?  Or was he still a med student?  So he's clearly an ER resident now?  Nothing seems to have changed with him and he is still in it for the money.  So if he's a resident, why is the fourth year surgery resident Marcel talking down to him like that?  Marcel is acting like he's an attending and bossing med student Noah around.  And Noah is acting so deferential to him.  Why?

So this 4th year resident Marcel is operating all by himself, he gets into major trouble, yet nobody goes to get Dr. Latham?  I get that he was busy in another surgery, but this was a life threatening situation.  Surely he could have popped his head in and given some words of wisdom.

So Natalie was cleared to come back to work, but appears to be still having some blurry vision and headaches which make her useless at times?  I wonder how long they will drag out this amnesia storyline, hopefully it's not the entire season.

I don't by the Dr. Charles mass hysteria diagnosis, but whatever, I suppose.

What was the point of the wide eyed med student who ends up saying he wants to quit?  I agree about those "looks" from April.  At first I thought they were looks of suspicion, but I guess they intended them to be looks of "I care".

• Love 2

Will is a decent guy, who's had a lot of bad stuff happen to him, 99% of it for reasons beyond his control. It's high time he was able to have a solid relationship with a stable woman who loves and respects him as much as he does her. Natalie has never treated Will as an equal in their relationship. He deserves better.

• Love 8

If I have to see one more "stuck elevator in the hospital" scene . . . Seriously, has anyone here EVER been stuck in an elevator for more than a minute or two?  Let alone in a hospital.  Yet it happens on TV almost every week.  And, of course, the patient has some life-threatening problem and whatever character is in the elevator has to perform some life-saving, bloody, unconventional treatment.  Can writers not come up with something unique [like when the helo crashed on the surgeon in ER or the lawyer fell down the elevator shaft on LA Law -- both crazy but at least unique!].

• Love 5
On 10/7/2019 at 7:53 AM, SnarkySheep said:

Will is a decent guy, who's had a lot of bad stuff happen to him, 99% of it for reasons beyond his control. It's high time he was able to have a solid relationship with a stable woman who loves and respects him as much as he does her. Natalie has never treated Will as an equal in their relationship. He deserves better.

Amen. 

• Love 2

Little blond, big glasses woman/girl is watching red head stupidinlove Doctor Halstead, I see another love triangle coming up. At this point I'm all for it, get Will away from the Manning psycho, that person has issues, how is she even a Doctor? 

Please Will, man up, weil you always be a love sick puppy? Get a grip and go look for some pride at least. 

I was rolling my eyes so hard at Choi and caterpillar eyelash girl that it hurt. Oh please! 

• Love 2

this show has reached the point where I mostly enjoy watching to make up lines. Student: "I just want to get well!"

my next line that I wanted Will to say "well you need to get to a different hospital, then!"

I was happy to see April's brother again. He started out so awful; now I just kind of like him because he seems nice. Seems like they've moved to making him more competent. Kind of like Archie on ER.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

this show has reached the point where I mostly enjoy watching to make up lines. Student: "I just want to get well!"

my next line that I wanted Will to say "well you need to get to a different hospital, then!"

I was happy to see April's brother again. He started out so awful; now I just kind of like him because he seems nice. Seems like they've moved to making him more competent. Kind of like Archie on ER.

Is he nicer though....or is it just that everyone else has devolved into such awful characters that he seems nicer?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Guildford said:

Is he nicer though....or is it just that everyone else has devolved into such awful characters that he seems nicer?

good question. I do think it's a function of how awful everyone else is that when he popped up all cheerful my reaction was "oh, nice to see Noah again." I wouldn't mind if he stuck around with storylines that have him being nice and becoming increasingly competent. We need some light, people!

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Noah was never not nice but he was a slacker and wanted to take the easy way out such as when he wanted Reese to reprogram the doll.

Oh, ok, thanks.  Well, I hope he's matured, certainly enough to get April off his back. 

• Love 1