Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. possibilities

Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Every time Stephen does "silence with the guest" it makes me miss Craig Ferguson and his "awkward pause" option to end his interviews.
  3. xfuse

Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I don't know about Britney's parents pushing her but I disagree about Miley's. Billy Ray had a successful singing and acting career when he was approached for Miley to do Hannah Montana. He talked in some interview about the family discussion about what would happen and what the family would do if she took the part. I'm not sure how long ago the interview was but it stuck with me because he mentioned the negatives.
  4. possibilities

S04.E16: Easter

Cheyenne used to be sweet. The show has veered into bullying in several areas, as though it's just funny.
  5. MsTree

Spoilers And Shockers

1000 times YES! Rex turns my stomach.
  6. biakbiak

From the linked article: “Aunt Kathryn really did not see color," stop saying this it’s condescending and dismissive and will make me think you have prejudices that you are not addressing.
  7. WendyCR72

Spoilers And Shockers

Beg him not to leave? I would have happily packed his suitcases and drove him to the airport and tell him not to hurry back.
  8. I finally was able to record 4 Jane Doe movies after all this time, & I just finished watching them. They were OK, I guess? I can't say I was that impressed by any of them, I think the current movies are much better.
  9. possibilities

SNL in the Media

I just can't get worked up to hate Colin Jost. I had no idea he was hated. I don't even get a judgmental vibe off him. I mean, okay, WU humor is pretty much based on judgmental jokes. But I don't find Colin to be snooty about it. A lot of the jokes on WU are mocking Colin himself. He seems like a pretty good sport about it.
  10. RedBagWithMakeup

Evelyn & David: Who Let Them in Here?

It sometimes takes me a while haha, but I just realized Evelyn and David weren't filmed for Happily Ever After, because Evelyn assumed she'd be busy launching her multi-platinum singing artist career on American Idol. So, we can thank AI for sparing us a season of Evelyn on HEA. I need a flow chart for this. Too much reality show hopping, people!
  11. Trini

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Where would she even get an anti-metahuman virus?? Is this going to be related to Cisco's "bold decision" in the previous episode?
  12. selhars

QVC

I am right in the age range of all of the long-tenured QVC hosts. And I much prefer them. Can you imagine what and who will be on air when Carolyn is the longest tenured? And most of them will be Shawn, Kerstin, Amy, Stacy, Mary D, Rachel (who I like BTW)...and then the group that started with Alberti, Warbler Mary Nelson AND whoever is left from this new group. By then, of the men, maybe even Rick might be gone. David. who knows? If the newbie hosts have been getting worse, I don't even want to imagine QVC 10 years from now. Heck, maybe even 2 years. If now, I'd say, about half of the hosts are, for me, absolutely unwatchable -- with most of the ones I like being the longest tenured -- I really don't know if I'll keep watching. But I hardly ever buy, I mostly just watch, so QVC won't miss me. As some of us have said before, we'll just have to see what happens......
  13. nachomama

Small Talk: Ughngnggh! Ugghhnnn!

ok, I got a lady next to me at work with some serious mouth breathing going on. Like that I'm worried about, super shallow rapid breaths that just doesn't sound normal. I know I'm way outta shape and I huff and puff going up hill or downhill or sideways hill but sitting at a desk I think I breathe normal. (except for when I'm bleeding out through my nose and I got stuff shoved up there, which was me a week ago, I remember hearing my own breathing and wigging out about it.) I can't concentrate cuz I'm listening to her breathe.
  14. caitmcg

S10.E06: Back to School

Seriously. There were some decent aspects to Carter’s room, but it was also half empty. He didn’t even spend most of that extra thousand dollars, which could have gotten him another table made, and chairs to go around it, I’m sure. (In contrast, Vern spend $2999 and change and filled his room with tables and chairs.) You know those bean bags and floor-height “coffee table” will be shoved in a corner tout de suite.
  15. nutella fitzgerald

Social Media: What the Fuck is Wrong With Her?

Is it me or are her shoes kind of Heaven’s Gate?
  16. bros402

S01.E18: Five Miles West

Yeah, it's a bit odd. I mean I could understand if they had paid surrogacy be illegal to be conducted in the state - but a case like this, where they cannot even honor the contract? The only thing I like about the shows portrayal of cancer: they had a young adult with cancer - representation! Woohoo!
  17. BW Manilowe

From USA Today: Kate Smith Family Members ‘Heartbroken’ After Teams Distance Themselves From Singer
  18. The Assanti brothers are kind of legend. I don't want to see it, but I must.
  19. purist

S02.E02: The Party Fish

I don't know if he was aware of it at the time, but I have seen a fairly recent interview in which he said Brandon was a self-absorbed brat (paraphrasing) and he wouldn't have been friends with him. There's a link to the interview somewhere in the media thread among all the posts that were made when Luke Perry died - the interview was with Priestley and Perry together.
  20. Here’s info on Katz Networks. It seems they’re not a commercial or cable network; if you went looking in your listings for Katz Networks you wouldn’t find that name among your channels, but they’re involved with other networks somehow. I think that’s what the linked article said, anyway.
  21. scrb

S04.E06: Maximum Recreational Depth

Looks like they’re not dropping the BDSM after all. But maybe Wendy will drop him by the end of the season for a cliffhanger. Wendy is out to destroy Taylor’s relationship with their father. Interesting, she likes that Axe Capital money now so she’s going to draw on her sessions with Taylor and tell Bobby how to really hurt them. She’s even willing to wink at Mafee to get him to give away the secret about the deal. It wasn’t that believable the first time when they made Mafee so cougar-struck and not too credible this time either. Finally a Lara sighting half way into the season so she could announce she’s going away with the kids Axe doesn’t give a fuck about seeing. Wags gets humiliated and vows revenge but abuses his liver instead. Meanwhile, Chuck, who craves physical and emotional abuse, is getting abused by Connerty in the legal turf wars.
  22. Hellohappylife

Live PD

Did you guys know Live Rescue Airs Monday? We don’t need a reminder every 5 mins to them in the studio begging people to tune in.
  23. SabineElisabeth

S02.E12: Tell All

100% agree. Strong psychological evidence exists showing that children are worse off when a parent introduces multiple, relatively short term dating partners into the picture versus when the parent refrains from involving children in their intimate relationships, as I was reminded earlier this week while taking an online CLE (Continuing Legal Education) course on divorce/custody agreements. And see my previous posts on this forum, wherein I have, at one time or another, called out all of the families on this show for involving the kids in their dating lives. 🙂 My mom is still protective of me, and I'm almost 40 yrs old.... Occasionally, I used to get a bit indignant if I felt she wasn't treating me "adult" enough, and she would tell me that being a mother doesn't just turn itself off when your kid reaches whatever age. But, I guess if you're Brandi, it does, and that age is 17, apparently. Rather selfish, IMHO, and please give me the mom who shares her boyfriend drama - or hell, any drama, for that matter - with her friends/peers, not me. Then again, my mom doesn't have drama, nor is she on a reality tv show, so perhaps she just has better judgment all around than Brandi et al.
  24. Armchair Critic

Mama June: From Not To Hot

This is 7 years old and was a prescient warning: https://www.theonion.com/you-do-of-course-realize-that-this-is-going-to-end-ve-1819584782
  25. Camera One

OUAT vs. Other Fairy Tales: Compare & Contrast

Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" experiences a surge in streaming after fire. I wish the stage musical adaptation had been able to reach Broadway.
  26. This show... The unwitting fulfilling of the prophecy to start the Apocalypse is a nice drawing together of all of the various Wardwell manipulations, but it's not even clear that Wardwell actually knew about the prophecy when she did those things (since she thought she was done after Sabrina signed the Book of the Beast). Also, having good Sabrina be tricked into the prophecy but still saccharine good just isn't as interesting as if all of these dark deeds--some of them genuinely, unambiguously dark--were taking a clear toll on her and changing her. The show is so close to being clever but then it keeps failing! Nick's character seems totally changed from his first, much more interesting introduction. Who even is he anymore besides Sabrina's boyfriend? I liked the slutty, amoral, sweet scholar we first met. At this point, Theo feels like a PSA more than a character. The show is trying to have its cake and eat it, too, and it just doesn't work. Also, Theo is not magical. Why is his dead ancestor able to communicate with him. Faustus's misogyny has gotten to cartoon levels. Why is he such a misogynist? If these were the old ways, what are the new ways? Why isn't there more signs of the misogyny in the rest of the coven instead of just in Faustus and his Judas Boys? Why wouldn't the Council care about Faustus's heresy? And again, given the multiple manifestations of the actual Dark Lord that we've seen casually happen, why does the Council seem so indifferent to actually trying to understand and serve the Dark Lord's will and/or understanding the miraculous resurrection of Sabrina? Another missed opportunity to be IMHO more interesting is to have Prudence's break with Faustus be about belief. We know Prudence is a true believer. I wish she had broken with Faustus because she saw that he was betraying the tenets of the Church of Darkness for his own vaingloriousness rather than because he intended to marry Judas and Leticia to each other.
  1. Load more activity