Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: King's Gambit

spinxella
  • Start Topic

Tasha falls back on old habits during her effort to recruit additional soldiers to protect her new empire; Tariq deceives Vincent; Tommy is warned about a possible snitch by Proctor; Ghost crafts a plan to deal with the snitch his own way.

Edited by spinxella

Yes!!!!. Effie was working with someone. Maybe it is Dean Orson who is the other drug seller because I don't understand why Tariq just gets expelled and no police is involved (baby aspirin or not)???!!

If there are others selling on campus, shouldn't Tariq find out the names of his competitors? He probably thought he was the only game in town. Kanan didn't teach him well enough.

Tariq didn't get the hint when they were talking about chess moves.

So now that Tariq is no longer at Chote, is Effie done with the show? 

Real low for Saxe to show Dre his daughter and he is a total fuck up! He didn't think to move Maria to a new location after knowing Ghost went there (too much money for the government to spend on the moving costs)? Why did Saxe let Maria keep the money and not take it as evidence? And due to just laziness he decides to leave the apartment and not take Maria's statement because he was sooooo sure they can do this "another time". I guess that time will not happen now. Plus he couldn't put together how Dre knew the location.

Of course Saxe just mentions Proctor's name and status to Maria, as if she would know who the hell he is. Just say "another witness". How is this man still employed or hasn't been replaced on this case/demoted?

See ya Maria! I liked your hair style thought but was Miguel worth all this trouble for you? This all started by Miguel and you trying to rob Ghost and Tommy and you got caught (did she leave out that little detail to Saxe?).

Proctor should have never let Saxe walk aroung his apartment alone. I would have followed him to the bathroom and watched his his every move (including him peeing).

Proctor just finds out Saxe recorded him, he goes back to the apartment and talks out loud to Benny as if he doesn't expect Saxe is STILL recording him.

Elise was wide awake to hear what Proctor did to Lindsay and didn't seem to be upset. Proctor was worrying for nothing!!!!!!!

Elise just walks out the apartment with Tariq ( a somewhat stranger to her) and not tell Proctor? How did he not see them leave? Hot chocolate probably costs $13.00 each.

Tommy is so inconsiderate, did he ever think of where Tariq or Ghost will sleep tonight knowing he will shoot up the apartment?

Tariq is down with someone getting killed in the apartment. For a moment I thought he was going to warn Proctor. Must have been a comforatble conversation while going to Benny's house.

Tariq never noticed a black SUV following him from the city?  If they took the train to Benny's place, Vincent is a genius for knowing where they would get off.

Times are improving because Tariq never got questioned by the police or a nosy racist neighbor why he is walking around at night with Elise.

See ya Proctor! Your mouth ran faster than your luck with these people. Too bad you couldn't dial 911 to save your ass either or learn how to shoot.

Poor Elise, both parents die in a matter of days.  I want her to train hard with Benny (like Mathilda and Leon in "the Professional") and get revenge on all her father's enemies. And use the necklace as a backup plan. That's how this season should end! And the next spinoff should be "Elise hired assassin".

Tate bombed on the show because Ghost wasn't there? Yeah right! This Tate/Ghost story storyline is getting weak. 

How haven't Ghost and Ramona hooked up yet?

Vincent (I beg of you), after you get the $2 million.......please shoot Tariq. The kid was a jerk for mouthing off to Ghost. But when Tariq eventually gets out of this mess and is still a jerk/not learned his lesson, there is no saving him.

Tasha is a disgrace trying to return all those "unworn/not used" items and she just happened to keep all the tags on them. She couldn't ask Tommy to handle Zigg instead of paying him? Tommy turned on Tasha quick.

Shouldn't Zigg and his people do their homework and find out who Tasha is and connected to? I have a feeling Zigg is working with Q.

Tasha surrendering and telling Ghost she is accepting for what Tariq is now was odd.

Keisha just finished hearing of what lead to Holly's demise and can't figure out she is following the same path. She will deserve what is coming to her.

Stupid Charlie is lying in a car trunk tied up, lined with plastic, and really needed to ask Two Bit if he was "good"? Oh Charlie! The man put in a lot of time to line the trunk not to use it. I am sure you worked in the courthouse long enough, heard a lot of nasty stories and should've known where your outcome was going (without needing to ask). 

Also, why did they need to have Charlie call Proctor if Tommy already knew he was staying in Ghost's apartment?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Poor Elise, both parents die in a matter of days.  I want her to train hard with Benny (like Mathilda and Leon in "the Professional") and get revenge on all her father's enemies. And use the necklace as a backup plan. That's how this season should end! And the next spinoff should be "Elise hired assassin".

I would 100% watch this, way faster than I'd watch any Tariq spin-off. And given who Benny is ("you hired somebody to kill your ex? Why didn't you call me?"), I think it's entirely possible that it could happen. (That actor will always be Herc from The Wire to me.)

DAMN. I liked Proctor! I liked Jerry Ferrara in the role. I'm sad! (I KNEW bar results were online. Proctor faked that letter!)

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I would 100% watch this, way faster than I'd watch any Tariq spin-off. And given who Benny is ("you hired somebody to kill your ex? Why didn't you call me?"), I think it's entirely possible that it could happen. (That actor will always be Herc from The Wire to me.)

It's funny when I see my Wire guys on the opposite side of the law 😂

Tommie is just extra. He's always been crazy but this feels like crazy x 2. I think part of the reason he riddled that apartment with bullets is because of what Tasha said about not being allowed to be there and she worked to make that place a home.

I'm still team Tommie but he has to go down, he has to.

I thought Tasha was going to end up on a pole but instead she's going to return to the drug game. 

Keshia needs to have several seats. I'm looking forward to her going down. 

This "I'm gonna change for you" Ghost is so cringe worthy. The writing and acting is bad. The Ramona/Ghost/Tate story is 🙄 as well. I think I'm hating watching every Ghost scene 😂 

I have a feeling everyone will go down except Damascus Road Ghost. What a pity.

So now I have to root for Vincent and Benny?  Hell, I'd even let them bring back Kanan for the sole purpose of keeping Ghost and Tommy from getting that $2 million.

RIP Proctor.  Jerry Ferrara was a great addition to the show.

Tommy is killing everyone under the sun, but Tasha can't mention that idiot running a protection racket?  I would've laughed in that guy's face.  Tommy has his issues, but he would've dealt with that problem quickly.

• Love 5

I get that Ghost is cash poor but shouldnt Tommy have a stash of big cash somewhere.  I'm so gonna miss Proctor.  Who is Ghost & Tommy gonna call now when they need shady legal advice?  I suspected Proctor was die as soon as he gave that necklace to his daughter.  Didnt expect it to be this episode though.  Plus I hoped somehow someway Proctor would survive. That dumb witness thought she was gonna testify against Ghost, keep his bribe money and still stay in the same location where Ghost found her.   Somebody kill Tariq, Saxe, Tommy, Keisha already.

• Love 2
On 9/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, mxc90 said:

He didn't think to move Maria to a new location after knowing Ghost went there (too much money for the government to spend on the moving costs)? Why did Saxe let Maria keep the money and not take it as evidence? And due to just laziness he decides to leave the apartment and not take Maria's statement because he was sooooo sure they can do this "another time". I guess that time will not happen now. Plus he couldn't put together how Dre knew the location.

Yeah, the stupidity has been going strong this season. A federal witness had her location compromised and no one had the sense to move her to a safe house? She should've been in a safe house and had an armed guard by her side from day 1. She's going to testify against a high-level drug dealer and she gets to stay in her apartment? Say what?

So, Ghost is going to get evicted from the penthouse, right? I don't see the neighbors in such a highfalutin building putting up with a tenant who got his house shot up. 

It's only a matter of time before Keisha goes down. Sis was too smug while shopping. And I haaaate how gaudy that Chanel bag is. 

Lemme circle back to Ghost for a minute. Fuck.him. Not only is Tasha not allowed back into the former home that they shared for 10+ years, the home that she raised his children in, he blames her for Tariq selling drugs! How Tasha hasn't thrown hot grits on Ghost is a mystery. 

This is why a woman has to have her own. You may end up with a man like Ghost who has no problem telling you that it's his money. "You wasn't with me shootin' in the gym" so you don't get a say. Wasn't Tasha funneling money into a secret account years ago? What happened to that?

And yeah, RIP Jerry Ferrara. He was great. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 5

Was rooting for Proctor. 

What the hell is wrong w/ Tariq? I'm still trying to grasp how he's still loyal to Kanan and disloyal to his family who have literally saved his worthless life multiple times now while Kanan wanted to kill him and his wannabe G life has cost him his sister's life! I get being mad at his dad for the affair but much has happened since that Tariq himself needs mercy and forgiveness for.

• Love 2

RIP Proctor!!!! I did love you. I didn’t know who Benny was at the start of the episode but I figured he was a family member (cousin or brother) since he trusted Elisa Marie with him. 

Fuck Tariq. And fuck Ghost. Omg Ghost is such an ASSHOLE. He used to be a decent criminal, who was at least civil to Tasha and remembered oh she was his fucking wife!!!! This is all HER fault?!! No Ghost was too busy chasing Angela’s vagina that he wasn’t paying attention to his son going off the deep end. Tariq is an awful son and his ass should’ve been kicked by now. I hate Ghost so much right now. 

Yes why didn’t Tasha tell Tommy about that fool?

• Love 1

I was so irritated with the writing for Tommy just riddling that place with bullets. Like there's no way he wouldn't have gotten caught. They would have had swat teams there so fast thinking there was a mass shooting going on. He stayed in there way too long.

Then the whole Tariq has gotten himself into another pickle plot.  What a surprise! I'm sick of him and his Wile E Coyote plans. This last episode has me glad it's the last season. These writers are over it apparently.  

And of course Ghost is still swearing up and down he's the only thing decent left in the world. Every time he speaks, I want hit him with a shovel.  Ugh, I'm ready to watch him burn. 

Edited by andreamf15
More detail
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, andreamf15 said:

I was so irritated with the writing for Tommy just riddling that place with bullets. Like there's no way he wouldn't have gotten caught. They would have had swat teams there so fast thinking there was a mass shooting going on. He stayed in there way too long.

Yes. At first I though that Proctor might make it because Tommy would jet out of the back door. The second the window shattered apartment security would’ve called the cops and the fire department- they are renters in a large building. There are security protocols!!

18 hours ago, andreamf15 said:

Exactly. And I also don’t buy that there would be no security cameras anywhere either in or around the building that would’ve captured him entering or leaving. I’m assuming an upscale, high rise building with direct elevator access to units would have pretty good security, where anyone can’t just go up a back staircase. Please! 

At this point, Tommy, Ghost, Keisha,,and Tariq can all die, and I wouldn’t bat an eye. Dre is another one who needs to catch a bullet before the end of the series.

Agree with everyone on the stupidity of Saxe not moving Maria or at the very least, putting 24 hour security detail on her.

• Love 2

I like Ghost but he has to die at the end of this.  I see him in the electric chair (I know they don't use that anymore but it's more dramatic) for a crime he didn't commit, like killing the witness.  Seems fitting.

Tommy should get life without possibility of parole.  Just lock his loony ass up forever.

And Tariq can drown in a bucket of warm shit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Wonder why 50 went back to original theme song? Too many complaints about the unnecessary remix, hah, hah?

Why is James trusting Dre?

Oh Keisha, you better leave the Holly thing alone lest you end up like she did.

I'm thinking Proctor should've just let Benny kill Saxe. And Maria should've taken James' payoff and ran. I'm surprised she lasted this long.

WTF, Tariq takes Proctor's daughter for hot chocolate so Tommy can come kill her dad? Reptilian POS.

Aw, bye Proctor. You had a good run. Okay, AFAIC Tommy needs to pay for this one. Pay hard.

Tariq knowing where Proctor's daughter is could be problematic. He'll for sure try to deal that info. Geez, James, Tasha, and Tommy, just let the bad guys have the little brat. Everyone's life will become 100% more peaceful. 😒

So now that Tariq is no longer at Chote, is Effie done with the show? 

I hope not. I at least want to know who she was working for when she shut down Tariq's operation.

• Love 2