Type keyword(s) to search

Caleb Reynolds: The Metrosexual Cowboy

(edited)

So, he's apparently a homophobe who nevertheless called himself metrosexual and seems to be buddying up towards his fellow HOH this week, Frankie. Caleb's got really pretty eyes, a ton of tattoos, and seems to have set his sights on Amber. Discuss.

I liked him as eye candy at first but then his tats kinda turned me off, to be honest. Too many.

Edited by methodwriter85
(edited)

So much for his "Aww, shucks" podunk cowboy persona. LOL. He does have a great set of thighs and a nice face with great eyes. I just wish he didn't seem so creepy.

Edited by methodwriter85

Why do guys like Caleb and Cody even bother posing for pics like this?  Is money even exchanging hands or do they just find a creep on Craiglist looking for models and then try to use it to build a modeling portfolio even though they are too short and in the wrong cities?

(edited)

Not only is he a homophobe, he's a racist (calling President Obama a "Muslim monkey"), a mysigonist and he beat a hog to death just for the hell of it and taped it.  He can't leave fast enough for me, and I'm from Kentucky, almost always cheering on the hometown boy.  Not in this case.

Edited by slasherboy
  • Love 4
(edited)

Right, he's an awful, awful person. Thank god it doesn't seem like Amber's biting.

He's like Jeff to me- I'll enjoy looking at him, but just really, really hate who he is. LOL.

Edited by methodwriter85
(edited)

Why do guys like Caleb and Cody even bother posing for pics like this?

Honestly, it is my experience that a lot of straight guys - especially ones that are into their bodies/fitness - love to show off. They love being adored for their hotness. The Cody pics, in particular, are clearly meant for a gay client base, and there are a number of straight men I've encountered who are totally into that - they love the intense attention they will get from gay men. It makes them feel appreciated and attractive. It's hard to explan, but men will appreciate other men in a way that can be very satisfying for someone who is narcissistic or looking for validation/approval. It is definitely homoerotic, but there is a line. Not to get too far off topic, but I actually have a friend who is the King of getting straight guys he knows to send him naked selfies. Even though they're straight, they love showing off and the attention he gives them because he is able to do it in a way that is not overly threatening. It's a whole gay male/straight male dynamic that is very real but not often spoken about or acknowledged. Then there is the dynamic we're seeing between the guys and Frankie, which is a whole other strand of the gay male/straight male relationship, and one with which I am personally very familiar - but I guess that should be saved for the Frankie thread.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 1

Right, he's an awful, awful person. Thank god it doesn't seem like Amber's biting.

He's only racist to black people he doesn't want to fuck.  He's probably misogynist even to those though (since a lot of people seem to feel, especially the ones running this show, that misogyny doesn't count). 

(edited)

I'm leaning towards "Caleb Reynolds: Lunatic Psycho Stalker."

My GOD. We joked about GinaMarie last year, but I really do fear for Amber. Her only hope is that Caleb transfers his obsession to someone else. But then that person is fucked.

We have this mental image of crazy talkers always being ugly Mark David Chapman types, but i's always good to remember that crazy stalkers can be pretty people, too.

I'm really hoping that the people thinking Caleb's just playing a character are right and he's only doing this for screentime.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Welling claims 6'3".  But yeah it looked bad when Caleb and Devin were in the HoH after the "Pouring '20s" BotB comp and Caleb still had the top hat on, and Devin was clearly taller even than that.

Anyone else think he looks a bit like a buffed-up Justin Timberlake?

If Caleb really is stalking Amber that must be verrry uncomfortable given the lack of space/privacy in the house.  (I haven't seen anything but the aired episodes.)  Of course, she is HoH, so…

(Please?)

(edited)

Has anyone actually seen the pig video, or is that just an allegation at this point?

I've only seen it referenced as deleted myself. Reality blurred provides an (alleged?) caption. Seems he forgot his knife and had to resort to a stick. I kind of wish I hadn't read it.

In my mind I hear "Every breath you take..." when I see him look at Amber. Can't wait for him to be out. 

Edited by PugLoaf

Someone in another thread noted that Caleb could star in a Cape Fear remake as Robert De Niro/Mitchum. Couldn't be more perfect. I've been mildly freaked out by Caleb's creepy religio-violent arm tattoo and just realized that Max Cady had some select bible verses on his skin as well. Watch your sweet cheeks, Amber.

Someone in another thread noted that Caleb could star in a Cape Fear remake as Robert De Niro/Mitchum. Couldn't be more perfect. I've been mildly freaked out by Caleb's creepy religio-violent arm tattoo and just realized that Max Cady had some select bible verses on his skin as well. Watch your sweet cheeks, Amber.

I loved that "Cape Fear" comment as well; upon reflection, however, I'm seeing Caleb as more Mitchum in "Night of the Hunter".

(edited)

If Caleb goes this week, I'll miss his crazy, pretty ass. He's creepy but I can't deny I enjoyed the show. If he does go, this does mean that he and Amber won't be stuck in the jury house, which is good for her.

Edited by methodwriter85

He was talking about how either today or tomorrow he will "cuddle" with Amber and so excited/nervous about it. For someone so macho, in his own head, he seems like he has absolutely no experience pursuing women. I think there's a good chance he is a virgin.

It does happen. I'm sure he will indeed have girls throwing themselves at him on the basis of them not giving a shit about anything other than he was hot and on T.V., but it does make sense.

It's weird; I was prepared to really hate the guy like a male Aaryn Gries, but I can't. Aaryn was just a cold-hearted racist stuck-up bitch who knew better but decided to be a bitch because she could be, while Caleb honestly seems like he has some serious mental issues going on. He's really not playing with a full deck of cards. He did say he was raised by a single mom, so maybe he's got abandonment issues that have manifested themselves in his stalker tendencies.

Caleb scares me. In his is introduction video, he is REALLY into hunting and killing. Like, it appears he REALLY gets off on it. I dont think he will go on a human killing spree of course, but he appears unhinged. Especially if you add in the all the racial and violent posts on the internet, and his weird obsessive thing with Amber. I know there are a lot of hunters out there...and I can not see eye to eye with them, but Caleb appears to be on a whole other level shuudddddeerr

• Love 3

I have a friend who was brought up in the most sheltered manner: she was a Mormon farm girl who really didn't know anyone besides her family.  She was married off to a guy in the Mormon community and because of him, she eventually left the church and moved to the city.  He became a raging alcoholic and she became a world-class athlete as an excuse to stay away from him as much as possible.  He ended up drinking himself to death and she was suddenly alone.  When she began dating again she was a needy, desperate mess.  In that way, Caleb reminds me of her.  It's as if they have a twelve-year-old's expectations of what romance and the world in general is supposed to be like.

I believe that Caleb has had a sheltered upbringing.  I don't believe that he's crazy.  In fact, I believe that he's probably the nicest guy in the house.  He wasn't afraid to help Jocasta puke or to console Frankie when he got the news about his grandfather.  The hunting thing disgusts me, but lots of people grow up in families where hunting is a part of life (and don't bother reminding me about the pre-show racism and homophobia scandal because his actions in the house have revealed more about his character than a few words he posted on the net).  Nevertheless, I can't get on board with the Caleb bashing because I actually feel sorry for him.  I'm a big, stupid kid in a grown-up's body but I'm not an emotionally-stunted kid like him.  There's something kind of sad there that needs to be resolved in therapy.

• Love 5
(edited)

As much as I laugh about Caleb being a stalker and I'm praying and hoping this is all just an act for his sake, I do feel bad for the guy. He just seems really immature for a guy who's 26, particularly for a guy who apparently served in the army. He also seems like a pathological liar- I've met a few of those, and they don't ever seem to recover.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well, the fact that he talks about how he's been offered spots on other reality shows, and then apparently "knew" the stunt double for Johnny Deep on PoTC and was offered a big role but it fell through because his friend that knew the stunt double got pregnant would be some serious signs pointing in that direction. Either he's a compulsive liar or he's just very delusional and believes his own lies.

Edited by methodwriter85

I have been so fascinated by the disaster that is Caleb that I'm starting to fear that I might be becoming obsessed with him myself.  I saw someone tweeted this video of him singing a cover of a Brad Paisley song, and what absolutely kills me, and by kills me I mean delights me and makes me giggle SO HARD, is that he admits he doesn't know how to play the song on the GEETAR, but he holds on to it and stares at it anyway, while he sings.  Maybe I am just getting loopy because it's late and I am waiting for BBAD to start, but I cannot stop laughing at him using the guitar as a prop, and occasionally tapping on it.  On top of all the other incredible things that he thinks he is, he also fancies himself a musician, and not just a guy who can sort of carry a tune okay like half of the population.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRJmEKQkbkA&feature=youtu.be

• Love 1

Caleb fascinates me also. He not only has a crush on Amber, who is clearly biracial, but I've seen him cuddle with Frankie many times and I just saw a video of him laughing while Frankie attempted to open his zipper to get a peek at his penis. That damning tweet that was uncovered weeks ago revealed him to have prejudices againsts blacks and gays but he's not at all like that in the house. Who is the real Caleb?!

On top of all the other incredible things that he thinks he is, he also fancies himself a musician, and not just a guy who can sort of carry a tune okay like half of the population.

Oh dear God PLEASE don't send him down to Nashville.

I think he does a really nice job on this song, just a few moments that need some coaching (though maybe should have asked whomever was doing dishes in the background to stop while he recorded...)

But seriously- if you are going to be a country singer, you really need to learn to play guitar. Or not hold one in your videos.

• Love 1

Caleb fascinates me also. He not only has a crush on Amber, who is clearly biracial, but I've seen him cuddle with Frankie many times and I just saw a video of him laughing while Frankie attempted to open his zipper to get a peek at his penis. That damning tweet that was uncovered weeks ago revealed him to have prejudices againsts blacks and gays but he's not at all like that in the house. Who is the real Caleb?!

I think he's one of those people who have ingrained prejudice about blacks and gays in general, but is okay making friends with individual black or gay people, and thinks that means he isn't a bigot. 

Either that, or he's grown up a lot since he wrote those tweets. Seems unlikely, but it is a possibility. 

Edited by Kris117
  • Love 1
Either that, or he's grown up a lot since he wrote those tweets. Seems unlikely, but it is a possibility. 

It's odd talking about the idea of him "growing up" in terms of his attitude towards color and sexuality, while in the same breath dealing with a guy who's clearly immature at the least (and possibly mentally ill at most) in terms of how he deals with women.

• Love 1

Oh ye gods, no - don't ruin Jeremy Renner by comparing him to Caleb! For one thing, JR was adorably sweet with a kittie in a recent Louie episode - I think Caleb would rather strangle an animal with his bare hands than canoodle with it. Also, I'd rather make out with JR as Jeffrey Dahmer than spend any sexy-time with Caleb (and would have a better chance of making it out alive).

• Love 1