Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

There are some pretty iconic fictional women on the list. Felicity is actually the only woman from DCTV that's on it (Yvonne Craig's Batgirl and Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman are there, but that's stretching DCTV waaaay back)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

That is one long ass list of names towards the end it was just all a blur.  Probably easier if you go in looking for specific names rather than reading through the list and voting.

It's very cool that she got included on that list, those were some great female characters

• Love 1

Long list but didn't take too long since most I just didn't think were Iconic enough even if I liked them.  Only picked the ones that I think made a lasting impression.  Yes, I think Felicity will have made a lasting mark.  No surprise there, ha, ha. 

Edited by BkWurm1
8 hours ago, Chaser said:

I can't figure out how SA got on that Social Media list. 

It'c complimentary list, that's for sure, but how compare someone like Lady Gaga, Shakira etc., each with more than 60 million followers on twitter, and they're actually  wordwidely popular for someone like SA, who I wouldn't even know if I didn't' watch the show.  He isn't THAT popular, whatever his stans think of him. Is there possibility  for his PR management to pay something like this? Not for win but the fact he is on the list is good enough PR, in my book.

I don't really understand all this business/PR/fame stuff, like I still can't explain myself the success of Justin Bieber, and I never ever in my life heard not one of his songs, even on radio, and I am avid listener of radio (maybe it's my country, but again he just sold full stadium in my town, so again, confused.)

These nominations were also fan voted on.  I know there was talk in the facebook groups I'm in (Like the Arrow Cave) to go hard to get him  this nomination because of his online charity stuff like Fuck Cancer.  But yes anything can also be paid for...

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Long list, but still missing at least one iconic comic book character: Lois Lane. I added her in the write-in. Or did I overlook her name?

No, Lois wasn't there.  I added her name too, and Peggy Carter, and about a dozen others (and still feel like there was a few I missed). Was Rey on there? I just realized I don't remember seeing her name.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

No, Lois wasn't there.  I added her name too, and Peggy Carter, and about a dozen others (and still feel like there was a few I missed). Was Rey on there? I just realized I don't remember seeing her name.

Rey was, as was Princess Leia. 

• Love 2

Laughing at some of those comments. Where they were all "depends, some changes to canon are for the better/necessary.....except for Arrow Arrow absolutely has to be 100% canon because Olicity is terrible". 

One comment was literally they should be canon for relationships but everything else doesn't matter. So you  could have Oliver be a clown in a circus as long as he is Dinah's true love then? 

• Love 1

I think the poll results are interesting because the question is "Should comic book TV shows follow comic canon more often?" and not "Should comic book TV shows follow comic canon?" Yet the current results are:

Depends   51%
No            29%
Yes           20%

Edited by tv echo

Remember Jeane Wong, Arrow's script coordinator? Good news for her...

NBCUniversal Sets Writers On The Verge Winners
by Patrick Hipes  November 21, 2016 12:01pm
http://deadline.com/2016/11/writers-on-the-verge-winners-2016-nbcuniversal-1201857978/

NBCUniversal Talent Infusion Programs has finalized the list for its 2016-2017 Writers on the Verge, NBCU’s annual program for TV writers of diverse backgrounds who are “on the verge” of breaking out but need a final polish of their writing and pitch presentation skills. Winners will receive coaching and mentoring from industry pros during a 12-week intensive program with the ultimate goal of preparing them to be staff writers.  At the end, they will be considered for available writing assignments on NBC series.
This year’s winners: comedy writers Mnelik Belilgne, Melanie Boysaw and Jeremy Hsu and drama writers Lorelei Ignas, Allyssa Lee, Rayna McClendon, Mellori Velasquez and Jeane Wong.
Jeane Wong
San Gabriel, Calif. native Wong left her initial dream of working in politics behind to pursue her passion for writing. She is developing her original pilot The Thin Line at Universal Cable Productions while she works as a script coordinator on The CW’s Arrow. She is also a published author and comic book writer. Her short story “Crystal Brook” was published in Empower: Fight Like a Girl, and she co-authored The Vampire Diaries digital comics for D.C. Comics. She is also part of the inaugural Women In Film Black List TV Lab.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Does that mean we get to blame her for continuity problems?

I think she's the one we send alcohol to because she has to deal with all the continuity problems. My head canon is she points them out and TPTB blow her off. 

• Love 13
On 11/15/2016 at 10:12 PM, SmallScreenDiva said:

Huh! I don't recall the writers being this "pushy" with the People Choice's vote. It usually took them several days before they started retweeting stuff. And using an Olicity photo? Guess they remembered who actually does a lot of the voting in this fandom.

LMAO! I love some of the replies to this tweet. So, petty.

• Love 3

Celebrating 100 Episodes: Top 10 ‘Arrow’ Characters So Far
Nora Dominick   Nov. 29, 2016
http://emertainmentmonthly.com/index.php/celebrating-100-episodes-top-10-arrow-characters-far/

1. Felicity Smoak
.  .   .
A character completely separate from the comic book universe, Felicity Smoak came in during season one and made a massive impact. She began as a recurring tech nerd working at Queen Consolidated and quickly evolved into an integral part of Team Arrow. Emily Bett Rickards has grown right before our eyes and it’s a pleasure to watch her build this character season after season. Her work alongside Amell, Ramsey, Ross and the rest of the cast is exceptional and we couldn’t imagine Arrow without her. Felicity Smoak has transformed into a strong, independent female character and is one of the greatest assets. We can’t wait to see where Rickards and Felicity go next.

10. Malcolm Merlyn
9. Roy Harper
8. Donna Smoak
7. Thea Queen
6. Laurel Lance 
5. Tommy Merlyn
4. Oliver Queen
3. Sara Lance
2. John Diggle
1. Felicity Smoak

• Love 1

10 Hottest TV ships of 2016
December 3, 2016    realrayrays
http://www.purefandom.com/2016/12/03/10-hottest-tv-ships-of-2016/

Oliver and Felicity - Arrow
.  .  .
Ahhhh Olicity. After seasons of build up and tension Oliver and Felicity finally reached a point where they were blissfully happy. I thought Olicity was finally going to get the fairy-tale ending they deserved, until Felicity broke off their engagement when she discovered Oliver lied to her about having a son. Even though the two have remained friends, they’ve moved on to other people in the show’s fifth season. But this is Olicity we’re talking about! They just have to find their way back to each other next year!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow 100: 7 Ships That Made Our Hearts Happy
NOVEMBER 30, 2016 VERENA COTE
http://www.4ye.co.uk/2016/11/arrow-100-7-ships-that-made-our-hearts-happy/

Oliver and Felicity

We make a bold statement here, but we firmly believe that Arrow would not be the same if the broody vigilante hadn’t found happiness with his quirky IT Sidekick. It is not your typical historical comic book love story, it is not Lois Lane and Clark Kent or Harley and the Joker; Oliver and Felicity are better. They were build up from nothing, like a phoenix rising from the ashes. They met as strangers, progressed to being confidantes, friends, and eventually soulmates – and organically so. When Felicity was introduced in season one, not even the creators of the show knew what a true gift to Arrow she would be. The chemistry between Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards is off the charts, hell, they have even won awards for it. It would have been disservice to humanity not to explore this explosive couple. Now if only they could get their heads out of their colons...

Deadshot and Carrie
Tommy and Laurel
Sara and Nyssa
Ray and Felicity
John and Lyla
Oliver and Felicity
Thea and Roy

Arrow 100: 6 Storylines That Arrow Got Right
NOVEMBER 30, 2016 VERENA COTE
http://www.4ye.co.uk/2016/11/arrow-100-6-storylines-that-arrow-got-right/

The Assembly of the OTA
.  .  .
One thing that should have been established by now is the fact that the Original Team Arrow is the heart of the show. We wouldn’t want to tune in week after week if it wasn’t for the banter between Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. One of the most beautiful storylines has been the assembly of those original team members. John was working as Oliver’s bodyguard, initially, but when he got poisoned by Deadshot’s bullets Oliver decided to bring him to the lair and reveal his secret identity. Oliver has sought out Felicity for help in all things technologies, and when he gets shot by his own mother, asking her for help once more is the only thing to do. She finds him bleeding out in the back of her Mini (as if he actually fit in the back of a Mini…), and brings him to the lair where she and Diggle eventually save his life. The first few episodes of the OTA working together have been the best team-related scenes the show has had, and every time throughout the last five years that those three have shared a scene has been a highlight. We do hope that at some point Oliver, Diggle and Felicity will go back to fighting crime amongst themselves. Or just having a drink somewhere and chatting about the weather.

Training Thea
Slade Wilson Gone Rogue
Introducing Donna Smoak
Sara Lance's Bisexuality
The Assembly of the OTA
Malcolm's Backstory

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

25 Male Characters That Made Us Swoon in 2016
ALYSSA BARBIERI  Dec. 4, 2016
http://fangirlish.com/25-male-characters-made-us-swoon-2016/

John Diggle (Arrow)
.  .  .
John Diggle is the complete package. He’s an incredible father, an amazing husband, a loving friend, and a dedicated soldier. And he’s also a badass superhero. So there’s that. Diggle is everything that encompasses a swoon-worthy character. He’s hot as hell and is so fiercely protective of those he cares for. Diggle is everything we want and so much more.
Oliver Queen (Arrow)
.  .  .
Who said a superhero needs super powers? Oliver Queen, the original superhero of this new TV age, continues to show us what a hero should be. He’s come so far in the past four years and evolved into a hero that we’re all proud of. Oliver is someone who loves fiercely and deeply, which makes him such a threat. That love — whether it’s romance with Felicity or familial with Thea or Diggle — makes him stronger. It makes it impossible not to fall head over heels. And just look at him. He’s still the hottest superhero in existence. Our poor, fragile hearts!

• Love 3

Hollywood's 50 Favorite Female Characters

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/50-best-female-characters-entertainment-industry-survey-results-951483/item/juno-juno-50-favorite-female-characters-951484

CzPfnRBUsAATkQ_.jpg

Number 15: Felicity Smoak Arrow

ArrowTV_S4E1_03H2016.jpg

Felicity was supposed to be a minor character, but her chemistry with Oliver Queen made her a fan favorite. By season two of The CW's adaptation of the DC comic, she was a regular player. "Felicity has developed over the course of the series," says Rickards. "She's from a regular world. She's relatable, honest and grounded. But she's not boring."

• Love 23

Interesting list from THR, and any top six that includes Hermione, Buffy and Liz Lemon is okay by me! I do think there were a few too many more recent characters in there, but at the same time I love the inclusion of Amy Dunne...so? I love that Juno snuck in there, too. Would have loved to see Willow Rosenberg and Cristina Yang as well, just because they're two of my personal favourite characters ever, but fun list nonetheless.

4 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

Felicity Smoak/EBR is the only CW character on that list. That is amazing. 

And yet they'll never give her the promotion she deserves.

You're terrible at your job Suzanne :) :) :) :)

• Love 16

And the fact that she was picked from within the industry and not just a popularity fandom pick makes the lack of promotion from the network and the lack of respect of her character from the writers this season a particularly bitter pill to swallow

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

Felicity Smoak/EBR is the only CW character on that list. That is amazing. 

I guess Veronica and Lorelai are kind of CW characters since Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls both had a season on the CW, but it's pretty cool to see Felicity so high up. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, manbearpig said:

I guess Veronica and Lorelai are kind of CW characters since Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls both had a season on the CW, but it's pretty cool to see Felicity so high up. 

Well technically Veronica and Lorelai didnt start as CW shows.