Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Long Wait

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I believe it is this picture being referenced.  It wasn't from a specific episode.  Rather, it was a cast publicity shot. 

image.png

Thank you,  TXHorns79, Bastet & Kdel1079! 

I always thought SD was the most beautiful out of the 3 (don't put GC in the group,  she never dressed like they did).  Honestly,  it was only recently it dawned on me that "Brenda" was also "Jenny" on Little House on the  Prairie! 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Janc said:

Brian being so mad at his wife (forget her name) for hiring the detective and finding out Zach isn't his was so odd.... you're mad she that she told you she found out this guy was lying to you, and you'd rather him keep lying to you?   what?

Its not about Brian and his 'son" though. Its about Brian and his wife. Brian is perfectly capable of getting a DNA test if he wants one. It is his choice. It is not his wife's job to go behind his back and do it for him, like he is incapable of making his own life decisions. If my spouse of 25 years did that behind my back I would be livid.

My husband would not go behind my back though. We have a a strong relationship and so, while he would bring up the idea of a test to me, in the end, he would respect MY decision either way, because, I am a grown up and capable of making my own decisions. Brain has agency. She is taking his agency away. Its the sign of deeper issues.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Its not about Brian and his 'son" though. Its about Brian and his wife. Brian is perfectly capable of getting a DNA test if he wants one. It is his choice. It is not his wife's job to go behind his back and do it for him, like he is incapable of making his own life decisions. If my spouse of 25 years did that behind my back I would be livid.

My husband would not go behind my back though. We have a a strong relationship and so, while he would bring up the idea of a test to me, in the end, he would respect MY decision either way, because, I am a grown up and capable of making my own decisions. Brain has agency. She is taking his agency away. Its the sign of deeper issues.

yeah, I think if she had just said "maybe you should get a DNA test just to make sure," he may very well have said "Good idea."  

• Love 3
On 9/11/2019 at 7:38 PM, TenaciousWarrior said:

I laughed at the fantasy sequence Shannen had of her and Jason in bed, as “Brandon and Brenda”. After she got the feedback that they had sexual chemistry. 😂😂😂

Agree.

I thought it was funny.

At first though, I thought it was a special premiere of the new episode, and that's the idea they came up with.

• Love 1
On 9/12/2019 at 7:13 AM, LBS said:

Me too!  Especially since I forgot all about the midriff shirts he used to wear until Steve called it out and then all  the memories came rushing back! I shuddered laughed!

Can someone post a few pictures of them?

23 hours ago, LBS said:

image.png.e02dd3de7d38ed294a56a8b78defd415.png

Wow, I don't remember these shirts at all.  Funny.

There should be a picture of him, and a teenage girl, wearing the same shirt.

And is that Matthew Perry, who played a high school tennis player?

Edited by nuraman00

I liked Kyler in this episode.  Great dynamic with her and Jennie.

Also, while I thought the sexual chemistry comments were funny, I never thought anything like that when watching the original series.  Brenda and Brandon just seemed like close siblings.  The kind that don't fight or have sibling rivalries, but just talk about going through similar things in their lives.

I know brothers and sisters like that.

But yes, if they were playing to the real life comments Shannen had made, about being attracted to Jason, then it's funny.  But if they were playing about how Brenda and Brandon were actually received, then I never thought that.

1 hour ago, LBS said:

@nuraman00 I would of posted more of them but I didn't want "steve sanders, midriff shirts" in my work google search.  LOL

If you did any searches for DNA tests, or any of Gabrielle's storylines, that might be worse.

I liked this finale.  Lots of funny moments.

I agree the stalker storyline wasn't that great, because it was someone random.  The bodyguard getting a tattoo was too quick and weird, not my type of storyline.

Also, I can believe Shannen saving a possum, but not going into a public event without having cleaned herself up some, so there wouldn't be blood dripping.  That's a food safety issue.

I was disappointed that both Brian and Shay, and Tori and her husband, ended the season with marital communication issues.  I would have at least liked one monogamous couple to have patched things up, with a happy ending.

While I did like the writer, I can also understand the differences between where she's coming from, and Ian's coming from, in their dating lives.

I think I'm still confused about one thing.

Jennie said Kyler was 17 years old.

The reboot within BH90210 would have had Kyler playing Donna and David's daughter.  So the reboot within the show would have updated the David and Donna lives as having had a kid right after getting married, in 2000?  That's the only way Kyler could have portrayed someone roughly the same ages as David and Donna's daughter.  They never mentioned having a daughter when they were "filming" the bedroom scenes, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, nuraman00 said:

So the reboot within the show would have updated the David and Donna lives as having had a kid right after getting married, in 2000?  That's the only way Kyler could have portrayed someone roughly the same ages as David and Donna's daughter. 

Well, the show ended with their wedding. Who's to say Donna didn't get pregnant right away?

1 minute ago, nuraman00 said:

They never mentioned having a daughter when they were "filming" the bedroom scenes, though.

And why should they? It was supposed to be an intimate moment, where they're telling each other how much they love each other. Who knows? It that irritating intimacy counselor hadn't constantly interrupted, maybe we might have gotten a line about their daughter, or if they had more than one child.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, the show ended with their wedding. Who's to say Donna didn't get pregnant right away?

And why should they? It was supposed to be an intimate moment, where they're telling each other how much they love each other. Who knows? It that irritating intimacy counselor hadn't constantly interrupted, maybe we might have gotten a line about their daughter, or if they had more than one child.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, LBS said:

@nuraman00 I would of posted more of them but I didn't want "steve sanders, midriff shirts" in my work google search.  LOL

Also, was that Matthew Perry, or if not, what episode was that from?

As for Brenda eating on the original series, it just seemed like a normal teenage thing to me.  It was almost always junk food, typical of many teenagers.

Re-watching episode 5 of this show though, I did then appreciate how they had Shannen eating in most of the scenes.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, nuraman00 said:

Wow, I don't remember these shirts at all.  Funny.

There should be a picture of him, and a teenage girl, wearing the same shirt.

And is that Matthew Perry, who played a high school tennis player?

That's David Lascher who played Kyle (He was also Vinnie on Blossom).

This is from the first set of summer episodes, where Kelly tries to date Kyle, but he doesn't know if he's gay or asexual or what.

• Love 3

I just feel like they didn't mention Luke enough. It was only in the 1st episode that they even mentioned him once, wasn't it? It seems like in real life, they would've all been saying how weird it is to reunite and be filming the show without one very major element of the original show. Nobody from "the network" was shown mentioning him missing either.  I get that they couldn't focus on that the whole time, but still, just seems like such a major element from the original series was Luke (and Dylan/Brenda, Dylan/Kelly etc) and they acted like he was never there, aside from the shout-out in the first episode.  He was my favorite cast member from the beginning, so it's hard for me to get over seeing any sort of reunion without him. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, meggonzo said:

That's David Lascher who played Kyle (He was also Vinnie on Blossom).

This is from the first set of summer episodes, where Kelly tries to date Kyle, but he doesn't know if he's gay or asexual or what.

Thanks for the reminder.  Now I remember what was happening on the show, at the time.

I'm surprised Joe E. Tata didn't have an appearance.  I'm sure he would have been in the series if he could have.  Maybe he just couldn't do it for some reason.

Also surprised Carol Potter only had one scene.  I figured they would have had her make another appearance.

Overall, if this is what the cast liked, I'm glad they did it.  There were enough funny moments.

• Love 3

I wasn't sure I wanted to watch this series, but ended up liking it a lot.  There was a lot of humor, warmth and ease among the old cast, as if they had fallen back into old friendships. 

The plot was choppy and rushed in some places,, and I was not a fan of all the couples imploding, especially with so much cheating.   But I would really like to see where they take it - it looks like it would be fun.

• Love 4

For some reason, I forgot the that the stalker thing was solved and when Jennie's bodyguard boyfriend showed her his tattoo, I thought it was him and he was about to reveal himself to her and all of them and the show was going to end on some dramatic cliffhanger 

In my fantasy meta world the whole cast is at Brian and Meghan's house at a barbecue when they start getting texts that they've been picked up for an S2.  I really want to see more of these heightened versions of themselves.  Oh and that someone is filming the whole thing!  

Edited by seaELare
  • Love 2
On 9/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, screamin said:

Seems like it...but what about Jason's previously nonfunctional balls?

On 9/11/2019 at 9:11 PM, Katy M said:

I think they said it was from an injury, but I can't remember when the Injury was sustained.  Presumably after Zach's conception.

On 9/11/2019 at 9:15 PM, Surrealist said:

I got the impression the ball injury happened in more recent years. Way after Zach was born. 

I think they may have been alluding to the wreck that real life Jason had as a race-car driver several years ago. He sustained multiple injuries. In real life, he obviously went on to recover and he and his wife have kids. I guess “show Jason” never fully recovered from one of those injuries and it resulted in the inability to have kids. Zach would have been conceived during the filming of the original 90210 before Jason became a race-car driver. 

• Useful 3
On 9/12/2019 at 10:30 AM, Koco321 said:

Also I want to add that I wish they didn't make Christine Elise's character so one-note. Every time she walked in the room, I was like, "Here we go again with another smackdown and round of insults as to how naive, clueless, delusional, etc, the cast was." 

Thank you. I don't know why they made her so annoyingly rude. I couldn't believe that a woman that is sitting at her desk at work WEARING A FEDORA has the nerve to call other people "pretentious twits"! And considering how much money Fox made off of these people, maybe a little more respect would be warranted......

This show was such a mixed bag for me. I loved when the cast was all together working off each other, but I pretty much hated all of the personal story lines. I didn't like any of the fake spouses, and the girl playing Jenny's daughter was beyond wooden. I was completely grossed out by Steve's story line with Denise and her daughter. Was that necessary??? Ew! BTW, what the hell did Denise Richards do to her face????????

Shannen was my favorite part of this show, and the opening dream sequences were the best. I have to say that Steve's was my favorite. No mullets and half shirts indeed.......

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Thank you. I don't know why they made her so annoyingly rude.

The writing for Christine's character repeatedly reminded me of the stereotype of the overbearing/"butch" lesbian, instead of a competent female executive who happened to be a lesbian.

• Love 4
On 9/24/2019 at 12:56 PM, Ilovepie said:

I didn't like any of the fake spouses, and the girl playing Jenny's daughter was beyond wooden. I was completely grossed out by Steve's story line with Denise and her daughter.

I enjoyed the show but you are correct about those characters and story line.

• Love 1

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this and I hope it comes back. I especially enjoyed the last two episodes. Seeing Jamie Walters and hearing his hit song again was great, haven't thought about or heard it in like 20 years lol. I avoid spoilers so anything they threw at me was a surprise and I loved it all. 

I'm really digging the wardrobe too, even some of the crazy stuff Tori wore. I absolutely love the way Brian dresses, and Jenny wore some beautiful, elegant pieces.

New Age Shannon is a hoot. I loved how Tori mentioned her "good" side - TBH I feel like that is my best angle as well and sometimes do that three-quarter face shot in photos! 

The end when they all came out to Weezer's "Beverly Hills" was perfect - fingers crossed for Season Two!

Edited by Gothish520
It's Brian, not David!
  • Love 5