Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E19: Live Results 4

• Start Topic

Five of the previous night's performers move on to the Finals. Viewers have one last chance to send their favorite performer to the next round by participating in the Dunkin' Save.

• Dunkin Save: Light Balance Kids vs Ndlovu Youth Choir vs Robert Finley. I'd vote for Robert, if only because I could have him on in the background while I read or something.
  • Kodi Lee vs Greg Morton: Not a surprise. I like how excited Greg looked for him. Kodi mouthing his name along with the audience chanting was cute. (Can we please stop with "disabled person is 'put on this earth' to inspire us" BS?)
  • The Preacher Lawson-upstaged-by-Darci-Lynne skit went on a little too long. But they spelled his name wrong on his cleaning closet/dressing room - nice touch. I did like that he did his set about losing to her ("someone who still has chores"), and then she did hers about him. I'm still amazed that she can sing like that without moving her mouth.
  • We're 40 minutes in and we've only seen one result.
  • Benicio Bryant vs Eric Chien vs Ansley Burns: Benicio, despite his sweater. [What? We're not doing a "surprise-one-of-you-other-two-is-going-too!"?] "Step into your power"? Okay, Julianne.
  • Messoudi Bros. vs Tyler Butler Figueroa vs Jackie Fabulous. The Cute Kid with Sob Story vote wins. Bye, Jackie, it's been Fabulous.
  • Dunkin Audience Save: Light Balance Kids. No opinion either way, really.
  • Dunkin Judges' Save: Ndlovu is the "Pride of the World"? Really, Gabrielle? (Oh, stop crying.) Oh, jesus, Julianne, just pick one. None of the judges can pronounce Ndlovu. And after much angsting, it's The Youth Choir. Because Simon isn't even going to attempt it. lol
  • Side note: So I've been half watching Songland on and off because it comes on next and it's in between this and something else I want to watch...and I still have no idea what the concept of this show actually is or how it works.
  • Love 4

Congrats to Ndlovu Youth Choir on making it to the finals despite needing to be saved twice and not having a single judge pronounce their name correctly even once.

I was 4 for 5 on my predictions. Wish this show weren't so predictable.

I wasn't crazy about Preacher during his season, but I enjoyed his set tonight and I love the now years-long running joke about him losing to Darci. She, of course, was fabulous as always.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Dunkin Save: Light Balance Kids vs Ndlovu Youth Choir vs Robert Finley. I'd vote for Robert,

I did vote for Robert.

48 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

The Preacher Lawson-upstaged-by-Darci-Lynne skit went on a little too long.

Anything with Preacher Lawson in it goes on too long for me. Didn't like him then, dislike him even more now.

48 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I'm still amazed that she can sing like that without moving her mouth.

Amen.

Goodbye my three Hand Balancing Boys. It's been great to know ya.

48 minutes ago, DietCokeJunkie said:

I’ll say it again: too many kids. 

If there weren't any kids this episode, there would be no acts going forward. Which, now that I think about it, might have been a plus.

55 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

So I've been half watching Songland on and off because it comes on next and it's in between this and something else I want to watch

Songland is my favorite show, I love it! And I'm not a music person. I'm now watching your "something else." Both are better than AGT.

• Love 4

What the hell is wrong with Julianne Hough? She has some crappy critiques that don't make any sense. She's making me wish MelB was back!

Kodi Lee went through, which was not a surprise. Too bad Lee isn't being put through based on his talents, but rather his disabilities is what the judges are looking at. They don't critique his performances. They always talk about what an inspiration and the love he brings to the world. Huh? If he wasn't disabled, he would've been eliminated along time ago.

Same thing that can be said about Tyler Butler Figueroa. His cancer I believe is in remission, but they still find time to mention it. His playing is subpar compared to other violinists that have come on AGT.

Benicio I think had a pretty good performance. However, I think he's getting votes because of his songs that are usually about social issues like bullying. I don't like his head shaking every time he sings with vibrato though.

Ndlovu is one of the few choirs I've liked. I won't pay to see a choir perform, no matter how good they were.This choir is good and I enjoy them every time they perform.

Light Balance Kids wowed us again! their performance tonight was spectacular and awesome! I was surprised they were in the Dunkin Save. Come on America, this group is worthy of their own act in Las Vegas!

I wanted to say that I thought Eric Chien got a raw deal. I thought his magic was great as usual and tonight he didn't disappoint, at least in my opinion. Simon Cowell kept insisting that Eric should do bigger magic that would cover the whole stage. I'm sure close-up magic and a big production illusion are two entirely different things. I think Simon influenced the viewers. It's tough, because I thought Eric was a top 5 finalist.  

• Love 3

I have as much to say as the typical 2030 American who traded their right to free speech for a new spyware device (iPhone). Knowing I'd have to come here with nothing breeds similar shame to showing up at your high school reunion and telling your old friends who became lawyers and successful businessmen that you still sleep in your childhood room and can't even have a shower without asking your Father. This episode passed by really slowly, probably because very little of it was actually worth watching.

I'm guessing NBC had more money than they knew what to do with, as they decided to open tonight's show by repeating everything they did yesterday in a condensed version word for word - hopefully they are not testing the waters to turn it into a Broadway play. I know there were some stupid things I came up with in regards to the highlights, but there is no video of that to watch and skimming through every clip of yesterday's show again is self mutilation. Eric Chien was seen crying after his performance, which sullied my image of the 5'4 Asian with no muscles or any attractive/intimidating qualities at all as being a tough guy.

Light Balance Kids, Ndlovu Youth Choir and Robert Finley are in danger of going home, which for once is a literal statement, as LBK live in war-stricken Ukraine, cancerous-tongue-polyp-to-say-that-word Youth Choir live in the continent that needs no introduction, and Robert lives in humid Louisiana and may get a mild sunburn if outside too long. The picture of Robert with the hat in the little circle is hilarious, as just like my avatar (which was unintentional), it's a pose me and NEET do when there's an attractive woman on the screen.

Kodi Lee and Greg Morton - it's a good thing Greg only talked in one voice, as I feared his anger in losing would be what turned his comical multiple personalities into full blown psychosis. I know I will be the only """journalist""" to comment on such a thing, but I almost feel like I should turn in my newsboy cap in resignation out of shame for having not seen how big of a babe Kodi's Mom is until now. I'm glad that Summer is over now, as that means the allergens that plague my sinuses have gone away and now I can sniff the TV at full capacity. MOM!! You watched the show, so you know who went through, unless you are 90 and have dementia.

The clip of Preacher and Darci was hilarious; I'd imagine the segment was written by Preacher, which would explain the notable difference in quality compared to a Kermit puppet talking to the judges "Hey Howie" in the frog voice - it seems that segment has been done many times. Preacher's set was really short, but it was pretty funny - I guess time had to be cut to make for more time of random dude in choir making a pleading gesture with his hands to the camera.

Jon Dorenbos, who may have gone bald in the most badass way possible of concussing himself repeatedly until hair could no longer grow is shown at the L.A. Rams training camp - it's a good thing NFL is also on NBC, as in this day and age, Americans can't flip a few channels on the remote without wearing a sweatband. On an unrelated note, when he was on the show, I remember someone on this forum (who was probably 100 years old) calling him Jon Berenbo which infuriated me so much, I took a selfie and became the revised Chicago Bulls logo. The trick was OK, though the guys there didn't look very interested.

You have to have an idea by now of just how pathetic I am to put cologne on when I heard Petunia was coming up next 😭. When "her" and Darci Lynne came out, I thought "at least it's not singing", but that's what it turned into. This show is making me into a local hero with my contributions to the bottle depot.

Benicio Bryant, Eric Chien and Ansley Burns - how funny is it that Benicio who is only 14 looks tougher than Eric in every way and in this context I'm using Eric as a pseudonym for myself so he doesn't find and bully me. Eric's lack of charisma and Benicio going on last made the results pretty obvious. It would not surprise me to have Ansley turn up next week to open the show with no explanation. Gabrielle saying Benicio was a "star" triggered a previously untapped layer of questioning proven facts within me about outer space and all of its falsities - I looked out my window and hearing the moon adjusting its giant lens was enough for me to not shriek at the TV.

Messoudi Brothers, Tyler Butler-Figueroa and Jackie Fabulous - Tyler going through was surprising, since I figured they would've voted for the Messoudi Brothers since they're minorities (and by that I mean they're in the 1% of Americans who don't gasp for air when walking from the house to their car).

Light Balance Kids get saved, which is better than the choir IMO. You watched the show, so you don't need me to pretend I'm the radio station nerd passionately screaming commentary over the high school basketball game. Julianne saying she wanted to listen to Robert and lay on the grass with her lover was sweet, though not outright naming me makes me question how real what we have is. It's a shame Gucci Grandpa went home, though we can expect to hear a news story of a sharp spike in pregnancy rates when Robert "Sex" Finley gets back.

Pretty boring show, though I already miss it, because the days without the show are me hanging my head with nothing to do.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • LOL 4

As another display of close-up magic, was Eric Chien crying on camera in hopes of conjuring up sympathy votes?

Dunkin' Save: Light Balance Kids, Ndlovu Youth Choir, Robert Finley:
Ndlovu being eligible to be saved via donuts just confirms that fact I've heard about immigrants gaining mass amounts of weight on westernized diets, stop encouraging them! LBK making it through was no surprise and probably the best option, though their act is the most polished of the three because their parents are doing most of the heavy lifting. If Robert's 99 year old/deceased father somehow made his guitar, he would've had a better shot.

Kodi Lee vs. Greg Morton - How fitting that the man of a million voices had nothing to say upon elimination after not making enough of an "impression" with America. I legitimately wonder if the loud clapping bothers Kodi, as in 'triggers him' for lack of a proper term. Just in case, I muted the TV to be more sensory inclusive. Feels good, this habit may continue through the entirety of next season.

That segment with Preacher and Darci was hilarious, unlike every other intro package for comedians on the show. I had the urge to take a bath in holy water because I was peeved that a man named Preacher had the audacity to spend his entire set complaining about the season 12 results and questioning God's will. His set was kind of weak, some of it was good but it was like a minute long, regardless. Where's the time crunch when Jackie's performing?

Speaking of telling everybody what to believe in, Jon Dorenbos is like 50% magician and 50% motivational speaker. I don't think messing with the stools of a country addicted to sitting down on a show sponsored by jelly donuts is a good way to get people to listen, but the trick was cool.

Darci Lynne - A few of the jokes during the opening part were sadly better than Preacher's, although her descending into 2+ minutes of singing made me grit my teeth harder than any ventriloquist. The flow of the act was ruined, since the song wasn't performed for laughs and was basically a stunted version of what Darci could do if allowed to enunciate.

Benicio Bryant vs. Eric Chien vs. Ansley Burns - Eric made himself disappear in 24 hours, that certainly must have been the longest performance in AGT history. Coincidentally, Ansley wasn't crying due to the fact that she didn't make it to the final tiers of the show. Benicio's song last night wasn't that good but I still want him to win, even though openly praying for someone a decade younger than myself to be more successful just sounds pathetic to say.

Messoudi Brothers vs. Tyler Butler-Figueroa vs. Jackie Fabulous - The Messoudi Brothers being from Germany has little bearing on them receiving support from American voters, since them bothering to meet the World Health Organization's minimum amount of daily exercise caused me to develop a white streak in my hair. Originally, I sought to disqualify them from the show on the grounds of assuming their abs were a visual effect from Light Balance. Jackie continues her schtick as jilted lover by getting swiftly eliminated a week after the Dunkin' Save, so she must be thrilled with the new source of material. (few other people are)

Robert Finley vs. Ndlovu Youth Choir -
Gabrielle having to choose between her favored two black acts damn near made her head explode. After Robert did a song last night about courting younger women, Julianne had the nerve to tell him he made her want to lay down in the park with her love. Poor Robert's waning eyesight prevented him from making a beeline to the table to angrily swing his cane.

Simon is so desperate for ad revenue that he's claiming there's going to be a "mega mega finals" round to pathetically extend the show's life by a few more episodes. Why can't he let it end gracefully?

• LOL 3

I got a laugh out of Kodi's mom waving to the camera at the end when the group of finalists was shown. Yeah, she walks him on, but then she leaves and isn't anywhere near during his performance. But I guess ya gotta grab your 15 minutes wherever you can.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I got a laugh out of Kodi's mom waving to the camera at the end when the group of finalists was shown. Yeah, she walks him on, but then she leaves and isn't anywhere near during his performance. But I guess ya gotta grab your 15 minutes wherever you can.

Here I was thinking she could somehow see me blowing kisses at the TV - I should really let these things breathe before allowing my neuroses to coerce me into buying diamond earrings 💔

• Love 2

Kodi is gonna win the show.....and I'm sure the million over forty years might pay for whatever professional caretaker he's gonna require if say his mom can't tour with him.

I still will watch this episode.....the results didn't surprise me at all.....of course I'll miss Greg Morton but y'know what?.......since losing is the new winning,. Greg is better off not being contractually bound to syco for whatever period they require.  That goes for all of them really.

So my top 5 finshers for the season go something like this:

1 Kodi ....2 Emanne.....3 V Unbeatable......4 Ryan Niemiller....5 Dom Chambers

This prediction will change if one of these acts doesn't make the final....or gets the Dunkin save or a judges save....or a wildcard.  Because acts that don't poll on top week to week have a tendency to.......not win.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Sounder said:

This prediction will change if one of these acts doesn't make the final....or gets the Dunkin save or a judges save....or a wildcard.  Because acts that don't poll on top week to week have a tendency to.......not win.

This.  I get they're trying to keep audience involvement, but the whole Dunkin/Judge/Wildcard thing is simply pointless.  In the quarterfinals if someone can't score any better than 7(? that's how many go through right?) there is virtually no chance of them "coming from behind" and winning.  Same with the semifinals.  Someone gets Dunkin/Judge saved in the quarterfinals and just gets eliminated the next week anyway.  Just announce who won and leave it at that - it's not like doing the whole save thing keeps the show from being full of useless filler anyway.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Anything with Preacher Lawson in it goes on too long for me. Didn't like him then, dislike him even more now.

I agree 100%. I did like the skit with Darcy only because he wasn't yelling. He yells when he does his comedy routines and he's so hyper, I don't find him funny at all.

I'm glad LBK made it through.

I predict Simon will have Kody win and he'll sign the boy with the pony tail because he'll fit in with the pop teen group and make him money.

I don't think a magician will win again and the comedians aren't that good and as much as I like LBK I don't think a dance type group will win so that leaves singers and my guess is Kody. He'll get the sympathy votes and I think the producers pick the winners anyways not the audience.

I enjoyed Greg Morton but he needed more of a comedy skit with his voices but he always made me smile.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Even for this show, it was a ridiculous amount of filler. I watched off the DVR and it took about 10 minutes, and that was only because I stopped for Darcy Lynn. How can you bear it in real time?

I watch on HULU because I don't have tv service so I fast forward too. I would not be able to watch this show in real time. I do have to wait until the next day to watch with HULU but that's okay I like to come on here and read the comments/snark before watching :-)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

An utterly disappointing evening, better luck next week.   The one act of the night I cared would get through was Robert Findley, and a shame he was eliminated by the judges.  The Dunkin Save is stupid anyway, as isn't it based on America's vote, and then America has to vote again to save someone?  I guess it's sole purpose is so Terry can say "Dunkin" 9 million more times, and it potentially screws the 4th and 5th place act out of the competition.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Even for this show, it was a ridiculous amount of filler. I watched off the DVR and it took about 10 minutes, and that was only because I stopped for Darcy Lynn. How can you bear it in real time?

I have my computer in front of me (I type my thoughts as I watch or I would completely forget what happened at the beginning by the end). Also my tablet (I was playing Simon’s Cat Pop Time during commercials/filler). Or I read stuff on the internet or check my email or Facebook or whatever. (I don't have Hulu or DVR so my only option if I miss it is OnDemand but I can't fast forward that.)

• Love 1

II must amend my top five after actually watching the videos and knowing what's coming up.    I'm now thinking Simon will poop on Dom to discourage people......it always seems to work.  Ryan probably gets put through and finishes eighth or something.    Tyler goes in cuz Simon wants him there....Luke Islam probably makes it .... Voices of Service go in because we have to.  Emanne Beasha is a lock like it or not......Detroit Youth Choir is Terry's golden buzzer....but do we want two choirs?    Not me.

So it goes in this order now....... Kodi,  Emanne, Tyler,  V Unbeatable, then Benicio....cuz again....the judges like him more I do anyway.

Congratulations to Robert Finley who deserves to be included but remember since  "losing is the new winning.....bluh....bluh.....bluh......".  he'll be better than good....perhaps we see him on Champions.

If you were to transform yourself back to the dark pre MTV era.....turn your radio on and hear Kodi Lee singing.....and not knowing who he is or anything about him......which by the way you can't do now cuz hindsight is crap......would you keep tuned to him?    I actually think so.

Oh and let's give Ansley Burns the job of singing "I've been waiting all day for Sunday Night"...  instead of Carrie...  that's worth a few yuks.   Go Steelers.....beat Brady.

Edited by Sounder
26 minutes ago, Sounder said:

but do we want two ANY choirs?    Not me.

I fixed that sentence for you. You're welcome.

27 minutes ago, Sounder said:

Oh and let's give Ansley Burns the job of singing "I've been waiting all day for Sunday Night"  shutting up and never being heard from or seen ever again.

Fixed that one too.

28 minutes ago, Sounder said:

If you were to transform yourself back to the dark pre MTV era.....turn your radio on and hear Kodi Lee singing.....and not knowing who he is or anything about him....would you keep tuned to him?    I actually think so.

I think so too. At least I would. I do like his voice and piano playing.

I'm hoping Robert Finley gets on the casino circuit. There are multiple casinos here that have entertainment, some of it pretty high end. I'd pay to sit and listen to him. He'd be perfect for a casino lounge.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I'm hoping Robert Finley gets on the casino circuit. There are multiple casinos here that have entertainment, some of it pretty high end. I'd pay to sit and listen to him. He'd be perfect for a casino lounge.

Last time I went to a casino it was for a Barenaked Ladies concert. I guess we passed some slot machines on the way up... 😉

• LOL 1

I was impressed with Kodi Lee's rendition of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and that's without the knowledge of it being Paul Simon approved.  Kodi made that song his own.  I too enjoy Kodi's singing and piano, minus the challenges he lives with.

ETA Confession:  BOTW by Kodi made me cry.

Edited by CrystalBlue
Confession
  • Love 4
On 9/6/2019 at 8:49 AM, DoYouLikeMutton said:

An utterly disappointing evening, better luck next week.   The one act of the night I cared would get through was Robert Findley, and a shame he was eliminated by the judges.  The Dunkin Save is stupid anyway, as isn't it based on America's vote, and then America has to vote again to save someone?  I guess it's sole purpose is so Terry can say "Dunkin" 9 million more times, and it potentially screws the 4th and 5th place act out of the competition.

Actually it only potentially screws the 4th OR 5th act out.  I’m sick of so much being made of the 4-5-6 acts IN DANGER (DaadaaaDUMMMM) but the reality is one is saved, one is judged so if you are in the 4-5-6 DANGER (DaaaDaa... oh whatever) Group, you have a 2 out of 3 chance of moving on. Much better chance than many of the second tier acts that are remaining, and are used for cannon fodder to stand next to the top finishers.

By the way, was there one human being that has seen this show before out there that did not know that the African Choir 1. Had 0% chance of being voted in for the Save and 2. 100% chance of being put through by the judges? Tsk, tsk.

And Julianne, I love ya, you’re a hottie and all but why do you say so many stupid, pointless, Jack Handy on LSD postcard things? And Mr Crews, where did you get the impression that “the world is behind” the choir?  The Producers (and whoever paid for their teeth and plane fare) are behind them; that’s about it.

Robert Finley was my favorite act this night.  Disappointed for him. 

Wow, what a weak slate of talent. No wonder so many acts have to come from outside the US, there’s simply nobody left out there, I guess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, SG11 said:

Wow, what a weak slate of talent. No wonder so many acts have to come from outside the US, there’s simply nobody left out there, I guess.

Next week's show looks even weaker.

I thought the choir would be dismissed due to there being a choir, again, next week.  I assume next week's choir will not go through due to producers not wanting two choirs in the final. 

I really liked the choir last night. I would have rather seen the choir and Robert Finley go though over Light Balance Kids. 

Otherwise putting Cody Lee up against the voices guy was a no brainer. I'm sure he knew at that moment, he wasn't going through.

I pretty much figured on on everyone except the Dunkin Save elimination.  

• Love 1

Jon Dorenbos crushed it.  No shock that football players couldn't figure out how great that trick was.

Darcy made sure to not use any of her comic material on AGT.  If I knew she were going to a bunch of skits, as opposed to singing, I'd go see her.  Why pay for a heavily-filtered/constricted voice when any number of greats routinely are in concert?

Can Dunkin' save me from the Dunkin' save?

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes