• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Hmm Bob always said everyone must vote?...so if that^ is the case idk.

^Throws hands in the air^

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Bob was going to close the last vote at 1pm with or without my vote. 

3 to DL aquarian1 (SilverStormm, Bob, Jesse)

1 to DL MarkHB (egavasc) 

0 to DL aethera

3 to DL OinkyBoinky (MuuMuuChainSmoker, CP, Lisin)

1 to DL Lisin (Aethera) 

1 to DL Machiabelly (MarkHB)

On 19 May 2016 at 4:23 PM, SVNBob said:

That's weird.

Anyway, this is the 90 minute warning.   Voting closes in 90 minutes.  And with the votes as close as they are, all votes do need to be in.

It seems we've been given conflicting information then. Playing without a comprehensive understanding of the rules on this, makes planning anything pointless, as some of us are playing with different understanding of what they actually are.
#forkme

I took that to mean there was a hard deadline (90 minutes), but since it was close you might want to make sure all your votes get in to get the result you want.  Not that all votes need to be in to close voting.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2016 at 11:09 AM, SVNBob said:

When voting starts, everyone needs to vote.

That's from the original rules Bob posted.  Granted, that's when the whole "vote to vote" mechanic was supposedly going to be in effect, but still.

• Love 1
On 1/24/2016 at 11:34 PM, SVNBob said:

Time is up!

By the last count of votes, Oinky is eliminated.  However, she was [minion picture]

Which means that we did not kill a Werewolf.  So the Wolf team wins.

Congratulations to Oinky and Mark!

On 1/24/2016 at 0:53 AM, SVNBob said:

Last I saw, votes were 3 for Oinky and 2 for Drogo.  And Mark wasn't on anyone's radar.

I went back through the first game to look at the rules (and saw what MarkHB posted). But in the first game, voting closed before all eleven players voted. 

15 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I took that to mean there was a hard deadline (90 minutes), but since it was close you might want to make sure all your votes get in to get the result you want.  Not that all votes need to be in to close voting.

This. 

That isn't feasible @Drogo. That means the wolf can just wait til last and when they vote, the day ends automatically, which would definitely increase their win chance unless both of the vote leaders are wolves. No one-day game should force voting for that reason. Multi-day games can force voting by saying anyone who doesn't vote is auto-lynched.  I suppose in this game, you could do that too - anyone who doesn't vote by 2pm is auto-lynched. But that seems rather an unfair thing to do 45 minutes from the end.  You could extend the Day though, by a day, and do that? Or leave it as not everyone is required to vote.

Your strategy is dead either way, SS, so let's make a new one.  Tie the votes on our 3 most likely candidates and hope we find a wolf?  To that end:

1 to DL MarkHB (egavasc) 

0 to DL aethera

3 to DL OinkyBoinky (MuuMuuChainSmoker, CP, Lisin)

2 to DL Machiabelly (MarkHB, Aethera)

13 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Okay, I'm here. And really confused. Should I vote for Machiabelly?

(sorry, RL is getting in the way of play these days, I'll have to bow out of any future ONUW games that end during the day).

I think so? Yeah, because that forces a 3 way tie. Which gives us decent odds. 

Here goes nothing.

1 to DL MarkHB (egavasc) 

0 to DL aethera

3 to DL OinkyBoinky (MuuMuuChainSmoker, CP)

4 to DL Machiabelly (MarkHB, Aethera, saoirse, Lisin)

Here goes nothing.

1 to DL MarkHB (egavasc) 

0 to DL aethera

4 to DL OinkyBoinky (MuuMuuChainSmoker, CP, aquarian1)

4 to DL Machiabelly (MarkHB, Aethera, saoirse, Lisin)

I think I got this right

4 to DL aquarian1 (SilverStormm, Bob, Jesse, Mark)

1 to DL MarkHB (egavasc) 

0 to DL aethera

2 to DL OinkyBoinky (CP, aquarian1)

4 to DL Machiabelly (MuuMuu, Aethera, saoirse, Lisin)

Yay!  I sure lucked out.  I was clueless and paranoid as usual. Being gone all weekend and only checking in at 3am didn't seem to help.  :-P  That last ditch effort at the end, sure helped.

Thanks, @Drogo for running this game.  

• Love 2

Also for the record my work computer really was shitting the bed yesterday leading to all that crazy posting. I actually had to turn on AdBlock today to get the site to work and I HATE doing that because I'd like boss man to get his $$. 

Also also, great game everyone! Sorry for fibbing so much! Hugs? 

giphy.gif

• Love 4

Thanks for letting me in @Drogo, it was fun to shake the rust off!  Well played, all.

I suppose I feel good about at least being right about both my suspicions. I haven't totally lost my touch on this game ha.  I won't join another 1 day game if I don't know the end time. I wound up in a meeting from 11-1 and then back in one after my last post.

• Love 3

It seems everyone sure cottoned on to me pretty fast, at least that I was not a villager.  My only hope was to keep you guessing as to WW or Tanner.  I'm not sure I could have changed that if I had been around more over the weekend either.

• Love 1

I think if another one nighter is run there needs to be a definitive set of rules posted up front before game starts so that everyone is fully aware of the rules especially if the game is run by a new mod. It would also be useful that any changes to actual game play i.e. changing when voting can start should also be announced as i probably would of skipped the game had i known there was going to be a 2 day delay before voting could even start.

Damnit.  We were so close to the first Village win.

For the record, since Drogo was the mod for this game, his rules about timing and the votes were law, not mine from the previous games.

2 hours ago, egavasc said:

Bob was going to close the last vote at 1pm with or without my vote. 

Actually, I would have still let you vote, just not anyone else.  There was a tie at the time, and your vote broke it. The vote counted. so it needed to be counted.

As for the other games; first game was early installment weirdness, and in game 3, Mark's vote was mathematically nullified, which is the only reason I didn't count his then.

• Love 1
On 5/20/2016 at 9:31 AM, Drogo said:

PMs will go out today and everyone has the weekend for night actions; discussion will begin Monday and voting can begin Tuesday.   Weekend games are rough. 

On 5/20/2016 at 10:09 AM, Deadpool said:

Just a quick question - What's the reason the game isn't being played over the weekend?

On 5/20/2016 at 10:13 AM, Drogo said:

I have plans for the weekend.  Probably many others do also. 

On 5/20/2016 at 10:40 AM, Drogo said:

If Night actions come in sooner, we can start game discussion over the weekend. 

@Deadpool, the game discussion was started sooner than Monday at the players' request, but I didn't make a secret out of the game not ending until Tuesday.  

• Love 1

Congrats, @aquarian1! And thanks, @Drogo!

(I was literally just starting to think, "Gee, A1 doesn't seem to mind those votes," when I realized the game was over and he had won. Lol!)

11 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

I think if another one nighter is run there needs to be a definitive set of rules posted up front before game starts so that everyone is fully aware of the rules especially if the game is run by a new mod. It would also be useful that any changes to actual game play i.e. changing when voting can start should also be announced as i probably would of skipped the game had i known there was going to be a 2 day delay before voting could even start.

Voting was always supposed to be on Tuesday. It was day breaking that happened earlier than it might have. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

@Drogo, can you post a recap of the night actions?

Absolutely -- though aside from the WWs and Tanner (and the Drunk who didn't know enough) everyone was honest.  It's the best policy, after all.

1. Doppelganger @SVNBob saw @MarkHB's role (Hunter) and copied it, but had no Night actions for Hunter.
  2. Werewolves @MuuMuuChainsmoker and @Lisin sniffed each other out.
  3. Tanner @aquarian1 and Vanilla Villagers @Machiabelly and @CuriousParker slept the whole Night blisfully unaware of the goings-on. 
  4. Masons @aethera and @saoirse met in secret.
  5. Seer @egavasc chose to see Unclaimed Roles 1 (Minion) and 2 (Apprentice Seer) instead of scrying one player's role.
  6. Robber @Jesse secretly swapped roles with Insomniac @Deadpool, making @Jesse the Insomniac and @Deadpool the Robber.
  7. Troublemaker @SilverStormm blindly swapped @SVNBob and @aethera, making @SVNBob a Mason and @aethera the DoppelHunter.
  8. Drunk @Oinky Boinky was blindly swapped for Unclaimed Role 3, Vanilla Villager.
  9. Insomniac @Deadpool checked his role at the end of the Night to find he was now the Robber.
  • Love 2

Voting was always supposed to happen on Tuesday, but we didn't know the time, I think...for some reason I assumed toward the end of the day, i.e. after work US time. A bad assumption on my part.

9 hours ago, Drogo said:

@aethera you were spot on, definitely the biggest Village doubter of @SilverStormm's plan to kill @Oinky Boinky and @aquarian1 (Villager and Tanner.) I kept hoping you could turn it around!

I tried :) Had I been able to be around at deadline, I wouldn't have moved my vote to Machia - I'd have left it on Lisin and tried to argue people over to it, but I didn't have the time today due to the insane meetings, all of which popped up just yesterday or this morning.  Sorry if I went at you too hard, ladies - I'm used to pages and pages of j'accuse! and in-depth analysis shredding people's posts - I kept editing myself to be try to be milder and cut out the over analysis. The amount of time we used to spend in our multi-day mafia games writing post-by-post breakdowns of suspects was not entirely sane.  I'll have to carefully consider if I can handle a long game - this sucked a lot of my time away and my life is nuts right now.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Drogo said:

@aethera you were spot on, definitely the biggest Village doubter of @SilverStormm's plan to kill @Oinky Boinky and @aquarian1 (Villager and Tanner.) I kept hoping you could turn it around!

Well, I never.  I thought we were buds, @Drogo!  

Sorry if I went at you too hard, ladies - I'm used to pages and pages of j'accuse! and in-depth analysis shredding people's posts - I kept editing myself to be try to be milder and cut out the over analysis.

You weren't mean at all, but I was finding myself wistfully remembering the lovely time the wolves had before you showed up and started shining the spotlight around!   It's nervewracking being a wolf, especially when you aren't allowed to talk to each other.  

• Love 1
On 7/14/2016 at 10:35 PM, TJtrack99 said:

Sorry to do this to you guys again, but I'm going on my family's vacation from Saturday to Saturday. So it will be at least then that I can help host. Perhaps another round should go?

Does @SVNBob feel like hosting another ONUW game?  (I've recently become aware of another game that could conceivably work here too, but I don't own it yet so I can't be sure.)

10 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Does @SVNBob feel like hosting another ONUW game?

I was about to ask if y'all wanted me to.

10 hours ago, MarkHB said:

(I've recently become aware of another game that could conceivably work here too, but I don't own it yet so I can't be sure.)

One of the Resistance series?  I've seen a game based on Avalon's rules, and thought it could be adapted to here.