Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Of Several Centuries

• Start Topic

Nova's press tour continues, and she reconnects with Calvin. Violet's diner is vandalized, and Charley discovers the perpetrator. Darla continues to struggle. Ralph Angel's re-entry program is in jeopardy. Plus, Charley receives devastating news.

Original air date 2019.07.31

Calvin!! 💗 Though I still haven't forgiven Nova even a little bit plus she is still playing the victim that her family isn't speaking to her because she exploited them for her own gain. 

Those co-workers of Darla's are jackals.

Charley got too cocky in using her power over Jacob and we end scene with her finding out the mill is on fire. 

When will Romero find out about those workers who died? Cause I need that relationship with Charley & Romero to end quickly instead of at its current glacial pace.

• Love 5

Calvin cut his hair. He's fine. I'm still mad at Nova but they have chemistry. (Take note, Romero and Charley.) But damn, Nova just trips over love interests from her past, huh?

I got mad at her all over again when I saw Darla. UGH, her coworkers are awful. I felt so bad for her. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Those co-workers of Darla's are jackals.

Exactly. Who behaves like that in an office setting? They were like giggling kindergarteners. Also, opening the book to the chapter that talks about her—evil little jerks.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, A.Ham said:

Exactly. Who behaves like that in an office setting? They were like giggling kindergarteners. Also, opening the book to the chapter that talks about her—evil little jerks.

Anyone else get a mental image of them twirling their mustaches?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, A.Ham said:

Seriously. Do actual adults really behave like that? (Also, what is her job again? For some reason I flaked on that.)

I guess Nova really lucked out that Calvin didn't care that she wrote about him stepping out on his wife. I'm sure that's going over like gangbusters with his children. Nevertheless, they have insane chemistry and I'm glad there's a possibility for them.

• Love 9

Look at Nova, pulling up all fancy in her SUV limo. It's going to be hard for her to go back to regular life when the book buzz dies down.

Calvin is still looking all kinds of fine. Divorced and running his own business too. How you doin', Cal?

Did Charley start straightening her hair again or is that a blowout?

RA's new girlfriend Deesha is fierce. I like her a lot.

What kind of new agey mumbo jumbo was Nova spouting to Calvin? Ugh, she gives me a headache.

Dang, they set the mill on fire too? That Landry/Boudreaux gang is not messing around. Charley better suit up and get in the game for real.

Do actual adults really behave like that?

Yes.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did Charley start straightening her hair again or is that a blowout?

I think it was always a blowout. I remember when she started wearing it curly, they showed her reaching for her hair dryer and deciding against it.

9 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Calvin is still looking all kinds of fine. Divorced and running his own business too. How you doin', Cal?

(Call me, Calvin.)

11 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What kind of new agey mumbo jumbo was Nova spouting to Calvin? Ugh, she gives me a headache.

What I THINK she was saying was that their relationship had always been very physically passionate but they didn't really talk through issues, and if they were going to have a real shot she wanted them to be able to do that (which is correct). Their relationship has always been portrayed as intense - remember when she ran into him again when she was with her friend and afterward the friend was like "Whoo, chile, who was that?" because the energy was crackling? But I am guessing since their relationship was covert, they didn't spend much time really working on things. Do we know how they met?

• Love 7

Darla deserved better than that appalling treatment from her co-workers and I'm still annoyed that this is the kind of stuff Nova left all of them open to when she wrote about their lives with zero regard for the what it would mean for any of them - and she's out on the road being praised for it (and clearly buying into her own hype). Bleh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Belle said:

Darla deserved better than that appalling treatment from her co-workers and I'm still annoyed that this is the kind of stuff Nova left all of them open to when she wrote about their lives with zero regard for the what it would mean for any of them

May I be honest?  I thought Darla's past being dredged up was more explosive and damaging than Blue's paternity.  Darla isn't family, so I really don't know why her story would be in the book, especially a whole chapter.  I think her boyfriend was absolutely right about calling her sponsor. 

6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

(Call me, Calvin.)

Ma'am.  MADAME.  Greg Vaughan can give some smoldering looks, okay? I'm watching their scenes like, "HELLO show, this is what chemistry is!"  I don't need Romero and Charley clawing at each other, but I see "Friend Zone" flashing every time they interact.       

I thought Charley was stone cold (and short-sighted) for drawing in Jacob that way.  On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen her turn on the sex appeal like that with Romero, even during their love scene.  

I don't know what was meant to be achieved by trashing Vi's diner, though.  It's one thing if she wasn't insured, but otherwise, meh. I understand her need for space, but isn't Hollywood her business partner and deserves to know what happened?  I like the young lady who works for her, and her subtle shade towards Vi about Hollywood.        

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

May I be honest?  I thought Darla's past being dredged up was more explosive and damaging than Blue's paternity.  Darla isn't family, so I really don't know why her story would be in the book, especially a whole chapter.  I think her boyfriend was absolutely right about calling her sponsor.    

But, but, but...Darla was the only one Nova blessed with an alias, so it's all going to be ok! Uhuh.

1 hour ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I thought Charley was stone cold (and short-sighted) for drawing in Jacob that way.  On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen her turn on the sex appeal like that with Romero, even during their love scene.         

I had to laugh at Charley seductively bending over her desk in her bulky mom jeans. If that's her game, girl needs to work on it.

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Look at Nova, pulling up all fancy in her SUV limo. It's going to be hard for her to go back to regular life when the book buzz dies down.

She needs to run Charley that 10k check!

Also, I just posted an article on Nova in the media thread.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I had to laugh at Charley seductively bending over her desk in her bulky mom jeans. If that's her game, girl needs to work on it.

LMAO, don't do Charley like that! She was sexy.  And Jacob was buying what she was selling, ha! Dude was up.set when she kicked him out.

4 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

Evergreen quote.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

Ma'am.  MADAME.  Greg Vaughan can give some smoldering looks, okay?

That was the only thing good about his portrayal of Lucky on GH! And he is looking even finer with the grey, but then I do favor the salt-and-pepper look on men.

So glad that Nova's life is going great while the rest of her family is going through it. She can miss me with those tears next week. Damn straight, no one one wants shit to do with you.

1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

Shit, she needs to run everybody their check for all the crap she caused. Not that they would want to take it from her, but still....

• Love 2

What a bunch of garage people that Darla work with, how is any of that even remotely appropriate for any time and place but especially a work environment? I fear that Darla will OD and that will finally give Nova the wake up call that she did an awful thing and will finally apologize. 

So what was that bit that Nova didn't want in  the show about her dads side? Yeah she is all about total transparency and sharing her families truths...unless its whatever this is that might make Nova look bad too I guess...

Calvin is looking great, divorce looks good on him! 

• Love 4

How nice Nova's being driven around and has assistants to hold her stuff, meanwhile Darla and everyone else still has to deal with her book fallout. 

She's the one who should be suffering.

I did like seeing Calvin again, reminded me of when I liked them together.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

That was the only thing good about his portrayal of Lucky on GH!

I never watched General Hospital, but this made me chuckle. 

20 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

So glad that Nova's life is going great while the rest of her family is going through it. She can miss me with those tears next week. Damn straight, no one one wants shit to do with you.

She really seemed surprised.  Did Vi's calm yet visceral "don't even leave flowers on my grave" declaration not send the message? Someone help me understand how that's not clear.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So what was that bit that Nova didn't want in  the show about her dads side? Yeah she is all about total transparency and sharing her families truths...unless its whatever this is that might make Nova look bad too I guess...

Hopefully we'll learn more about whatever it was from her dad's side that she was deadset against.  And of course, she's totally blind to the irony in her vehemence about whatever it is not going public.  Hey, at least the producer asked for her permission.    

• Love 4
On 8/1/2019 at 10:49 AM, MelloYellow said:

Darla being ridiculed at work? Good.

Bullying at work is never "good".
Bully at any time is never "good". 
Laughing at an ex-addict is never "good".

• Love 13