Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: Momcation

druzy
  • Start Topic

Also, why do they always go on a vacation that involves a trip to the grocery store and making dinners?  When i go on vacation, i like to relax and be waited on, like going out to restaurants and/or room service.  Ya know, something you don’t get to do all the time.  The last thing i want to do is grocery shop, then cook.

I always fast forward all of Cheyennes’s scenes.  I don’t dislike her, I just can’t stand her voice and don’t think she belongs on the show because she was not a teen mom, but man, I really felt for her on this trip.  You could tell she was just trying to get through it.  She knows that these are the things she is going to have to deal with if she wants this paycheck.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, Inga said:

Also, why do they always go on a vacation that involves a trip to the grocery store and making dinners?  When i go on vacation, i like to relax and be waited on, like going out to restaurants and/or room service.  Ya know, something you don’t get to do all the time.  The last thing i want to do is grocery shop, then cook.

I always fast forward all of Cheyennes’s scenes.  I don’t dislike her, I just can’t stand her voice and don’t think she belongs on the show because she was not a teen mom, but man, I really felt for her on this trip.  You could tell she was just trying to get through it.  She knows that these are the things she is going to have to deal with if she wants this paycheck.

I'm sure Maci and Cheyenne wanted to go out to restaurants.  I think Cate would rather stay in because she is insecure. I think Amber would rather stay in because the attention wouldn't be on her and no one in the real world would put up with her attitude. She would be exposed for the weak evil person she is. She wouldn't have the advantage of a controlled environment that caters to Amber. She would have to be civil or get her ass kicked in the real world so she avoids it at all costs. 

I felt bad for Cheyenne. That girl knows how to throw a party and this trip was far from a party. I give her credit for making the best of it. Someone posted videos of the trip. She was dancing and trying to get everyone to have fun. 

• Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, monicageller said:

Oh my GOD, Catelynn. The only way you can avoid 'postpartum' is to not have children. PLEASE BE MORE FUCKING SPECIFIC! WHY DOES THIS ANGER ME SO MUCH?!

I agree...these girls don't even bother to read and educate themselves about their mental health diagnosis. There are several postpartum issues that a woman can have...there's postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis. Cate has depression anyway so it would make sense that she would also have postpartum depression. The fact that she did not have postpartum depression after Vaeda's birth is a good thing for her but she still has to manage her depression and just jaunting off on girl trips won't be a cure all. She needs to continue therapy and medication. Unfortunately, I don't think Cate will do either. She wants quick fixes and mommy trips to "rehab" in Arizona.

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Chris Knight said:

I always thought of Boca as a retirement type community. 

Same. And that noxious Siggy Flicker (from RHONJ fame) has a place there. So....pass. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, monicageller said:

Oh my GOD, Catelynn. The only way you can avoid 'postpartum' is to not have children. PLEASE BE MORE FUCKING SPECIFIC! WHY DOES THIS ANGER ME SO MUCH?!

1. When I read your first sentence, I heard it in my head as a combo of Janice and Chandler’s voices. I kid you not!  

2. I really wish there was a GIF of Ross explaining the difference between adjectives and nouns!

I can’t handle “... my postpartum” or “...my bipolar” either, so you are not alone. To me, it’s evidence that they either have severe memory issues or haven’t been professionally diagnosed with anything they claim to have. If Cate fancies herself a mental health advocate (🙄), one would think she’d learn the correct verbiage. 

Peace, Love and Pivoting to you. 💚

Edited by Bridget
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

Thank you Below Deck Med for "Oxygen Thief." So soooo fitting. Funny that it is on Bravo opposite this shit show. I watch THAT first and catch the second showing of this shit show.

The anxiety breakdown in the store.....I mean I have anxiety but if it happens in public I don't scream and throw a fit. That will just make it worse. My ass quietly walks out to sit on a bench to gather my shit, have a smoke and half of a sedative. And that sedative is a last resort. I filled klonopin in May. I've taken ONE!  Shit, I have several bottles of Xanax from last year.

What a bummer of a vacation. At least Maci can use a grill. Looked good to me! I usually go out or order in on vacation. I don't even like cooking at home anymore. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, druzy said:

I'm sure Maci and Cheyenne wanted to go out to restaurants.  I think Cate would rather stay in because she is insecure. I think Amber would rather stay in because the attention wouldn't be on her and no one in the real world would put up with her attitude. She would be exposed for the weak evil person she is. She wouldn't have the advantage of a controlled environment that caters to Amber. She would have to be civil or get her ass kicked in the real world so she avoids it at all costs. 

I felt bad for Cheyenne. That girl knows how to throw a party and this trip was far from a party. I give her credit for making the best of it. Someone posted videos of the trip. She was dancing and trying to get everyone to have fun. 

Yeah, I felt kind of bad for Maci and Cheyenne, too. With all the talk about mental health issues, meds, anxiety attacks, etc., that trip was a complete downer. And I'm not criticizing Cate or Amber for being open about their issues, but they seem to kind of revel in it and are just two lumpy sad sacks.

I wonder if Nova was having a bad day or every day no one wants to be friends with her. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Thank you Below Deck Med for "Oxygen Thief." So soooo fitting. Funny that it is on Bravo opposite this shit show. I watch THAT first and catch the second showing of this shit show.

The anxiety breakdown in the store.....I mean I have anxiety but if it happens in public I don't scream and throw a fit. That will just make it worse. My ass quietly walks out to sit on a bench to gather my shit, have a smoke and half of a sedative. And that sedative is a last resort. I filled klonopin in May. I've taken ONE!  Shit, I have several bottles of Xanax from last year.

What a bummer of a vacation. At least Maci can use a grill. Looked good to me! I usually go out or order in on vacation. I don't even like cooking at home anymore. 

This!!!! Pls tweet that to her!

The fact that Amber doesn’t have (or choose to use) one single coping strategy speaks volumes about how serious she is about learning how to manage her mental health.

She should have immediately removed herself from the situation if she really was feeling anxious. I’m pretty sure the three other people would have gladly finished the grocery shopping had Amber said: “I’m feeling _____________ and I need to step outside in order to ____________.” 

Then again, had she done that, what would she have to bitch about in the car? 😉

I personally think she doesn’t have anxiety at all. I don’t want to speak for every one of us who have clinically been diagnosed with anxiety, but I really don’t think she has anxiety. She suffers from “not being able to hack it in the real world and is aware of it” syndrome.

My anxiety is usually caused by a trigger and my body goes into fight or flight mode. I need to take a Xanax and be left alone. I don’t sleep all day, go around hitting people or curse all over social media as a result of anxiety.

I think she was simply extra irritable as a result of not taking her meds and was possibly having some type of withdrawal symptoms. *Because the word “like” can’t be used to describe how she’s feeling, she has labeled everything she experiences as anxiety.

She definitely has severe mental health issues, but there’s something else going on that is preventing her from even being able to cope with the little things, which is scary.

When CATE has to give someone a pep talk about getting out bed, that’s some serious Opposite Day shit. The same moron who can’t manage to figure out when or how to speak to her own daughter about going on a Momcation can encourage Amber to get out of bed?! What is happening?

*I noticed she almost exclusively says “like” for every other word when she speaks. It seemed extra awful in Boca because she dominated the conversations.

Every like thing like she like said like is like about like her like bipolar like issues like and like how like Andrew like is like such like a like good like guy. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 13

LMAO @Bridget! You know you are a hot mess when CATE is talking you off a ledge. Have a great big chug of STFU! Amber wants us to think she has never seen a glass of wine? heeeee! Could be true. She chugs straight from the bottle because she can't be bothered to wash a glass.

I'll send her some solo cups.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I wonder if Nova was having a bad day or every day no one wants to be friends with her. 

My guess is that Nova acts like a baby at school so she has no friends.  Her parents interactions with her are so baby-ish.  Hopefully being around other kids will help her.  Cate should address the issue with her teachers, but I'm sure she won't.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 7/9/2019 at 1:12 PM, kicksave said:

She said from all her "trauma".

How can you have PTSD from your own self inflicted fucking trauma from being a fucking depressed postpartum boyfriend beater drug addict now not taking pills for being bipolar. She just always needs something to have problems about.  First it was Gary, then drugs, then out of prison, then Matt, then her mom, then this that and the other, bipolar, manic, postpartum, flip flop hitting machete door chopping Crazy Train.

She can't ever go to therapy or anything like that, she sits around and looks up shit on the computer and says oh yeah I have that.

Yes she has problems but the biggest problem this girl has is herself.

• Love 15
20 hours ago, Bridget said:

I personally think she doesn’t have anxiety at all. I don’t want to speak for every one of us who have clinically been diagnosed with anxiety, but I really don’t think she has anxiety. She suffers from “not being able to hack it in the real world and is aware of it” syndrome.

I think this, too.

• Love 10

Cheyenne deserves a bonus for enduring this “momcation”. The reason why it wasn’t fun is because they have no chemistry. Cate and Amber’s only topic of conversation is their “mental illness”.  They appear to have no real friends. Cheyenne and Maci both come from stable loving families and have friends. I think if just Maci and Cheyenne went on the trip they would have had a blast together. 

On another note, they seem to be forcing themselves to have fun at the drag club restaurant. 

• Love 11
On 7/8/2019 at 9:20 PM, Chris Knight said:

"First trip together in 10 years"? Didnt they just go on a trip last year ? Or did i dream that ? 

Why do they need a trip together anyway ?  And why does Cate need a vacation ?  I hold down 2 jobs and haven’t had a vacation in years.  Like decades years 

• Love 5
On 7/9/2019 at 9:15 AM, Linny said:

Jesus, I'm tired of Amber crying about all her issues while also revealing that her derelict mental health is at least in part due to her CHOOSING to not take her meds properly. She constantly leans on her trauma and her diagnoses as justification for her miserable attitude and behavior, like it's something she has no choice but to endure. Her mental health problems are not her fault, but the way she handles them sure as hell is. It kills me to see someone so young, wealthier and more well-connected than most in her condition, wallowing in her troubles because it's easier than putting in the real work to fix things. Amber is entirely comfortable in her self-pity and victimhood and wouldn't know how to exist otherwise. It's Amber herself, not the MTV attention or anxiety or medications, that is the biggest impediment to her happiness.

She doesn’t have a job to try and work scheduling therapy and doctors appointments around.  I hate her so much.   And she can afford her meds , which many can not 

• Love 13

Catelyn irritates me in the way she refers to herself as “mama” when talking to Nova. For example “So mama—Mama is going to see her friends.” And this was right after Nova complained that “everybody” and “anybody” didn’t want to be her friend. 

And because I’m snarking on a child, I think Novalee sounds like the name of a contraceptive device. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

This “vacation”  I don’t even watch this show, but a bunch of moms trying to be cool in Boca?  The Golden Girls called, and they were way more fun and cooler.  And NOT TEEN MOMS WITH ELEVENTY BILLIONS DIAGNOSES.

season 6 dancing GIF by CBBC

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, jayfay said:

Cheyenne deserves a bonus for enduring this “momcation”. The reason why it wasn’t fun is because they have no chemistry. Cate and Amber’s only topic of conversation is their “mental illness”.  They appear to have no real friends. Cheyenne and Maci both come from stable loving families and have friends. I think if just Maci and Cheyenne went on the trip they would have had a blast together. 

On another note, they seem to be forcing themselves to have fun at the drag club restaurant. 

This is what they signed up for and are getting paid for.  So how should I feel sorry that they had a bad time?  They didn’t foot the bill, they didn’t have to take PTO.  In fact it’s the opposite, they were paid for this.  

No one was put out.  They can all go on and get full time wage earner jobs, take time off and pay for their own vacations.  But they don’t. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I keep forgetting about Cheyenne! Pretty couple that made an adorable baby. Yeah, Chy had to stand there and awkwardly question up our resident Couch Gal but hey, I'd sure as hell would be thinking it. I think this was after the shit show at the buy and bag. I would have questions. I would be locking my door at night.

• Love 7

Chy was with the ten year group, feeling a little different than she does at home. No Queen Bee status for her in Boca. She was a totally different person, and I preferred that to the other Cheyenne.

• Love 6

Isn't Amber an addict?  Should addicts be drinking any alcohol?  Alcohol is a drug, just liquid form.  And is anxiety her storyline for this season?  If she has anxiety, she should have some coping mechanisms by now:  going to a quiet place, breathing techniques, etc.  She has nothing except whining - ewww I'm getting anxious (as in everyone drop everything and attend to my needs NOW!)

Cate is awful.  I think she's a narcissist.  It's all me, 24/7.  Has to be my way or I have a fit.  Having a parent that's a narc, I recognize the same stuff.  Bet she likes Nova has no friends, that way Nova is 24/7 dependent upon her (I realize she's little and still is attached to her mom naturally but Cate eats that shit up).  Then she pulls the rug out from Nova, yeah well basically tough shit kid, Mama needs her vacation.  I saw Cate smiling all during the exchange, a sly smile.  She fucking enjoyed Nova's pain.  Nova's main problem is that she's not Carly.  Carly is the perfect child that Cate was forced to give up (yes, she blames Tyler for that and is making him pay).  Narcs never forget any wrong done to them, real or imagined.  Depression?  Maybe.  Depressed that she's not the center of attention 24/7?  Again, I've seen it - mood swings up and down, all dependent if not attention shown to the person, or if something did not 100% go their way.  My parent would pout, be non-communicative, go into the bedroom and not come out.  Carly's parents need to keep her away from Cate (and Tyler because he's an enabler).  Tyler needed to walk away when they were separated, get custody of Nova (and not procreate again).

I noticed Maci went into mom mode when Amber was whining in the car about being filmed in public at the grocery story.  "Oh you handled it so well" - which sort of shut her down.  As she was bitching about being noticed where she goes or being filmed in public, I was like bitch, if it weren't for those people looking or those cameras, doubt you'd have a nice house or car now. She'd be lucky to hold any job with her nasty attitude.  Same goes for Cate.  Maci and Cheyenne would be okay without the show.  

Cheyenne probably thought it'd be one big party; it was actually one big pity party.

• Love 13
On 7/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, heatherchandler said:

I may be veering off-topic here, but do doctors not agree on whether pcos causes infertility?  I have pcos and I was always assured that I can have kids - none of my doctors (I have had several obgyn doctors) ever even brought it up as a possibility.

I did have to modify my diet when I was trying to get pregnant with my first - I know that pcos can be worse with a diet of sugar/carbs.  So, I stopped eating all carbs (it was hard) and I got pregnant.

I wonder why they picked Boca.  I mean, it's nice but not the first place I would think of for a wild mom's trip.  Not like these ladies get wild.  Maybe because they missed out on the college experience, they don't know how to whoop it up?

Side note: I went to the doctor on Thursday. They actually think that it's PCOS. It really does depend on your body. 

I do like that you referenced whoop it up. Just giggled. 

• Love 5
On 7/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, dariafan said:

Why do they need a trip together anyway ?  And why does Cate need a vacation ?  I hold down 2 jobs and haven’t had a vacation in years.  Like decades years 

I am not one to ever make excuses for Cate and Tyler, but the fact that you haven't had a vacation in years doesn't really prove that Cate is being ridiculous, here. Vacations actually make you more productive in the workplace. The amount of vacation days that most US employees get is ridiculously low compared to other nations. You SHOULD go on a vacation every so often, if you can afford it. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, FreetheGirlses said:

I am not one to ever make excuses for Cate and Tyler, but the fact that you haven't had a vacation in years doesn't really prove that Cate is being ridiculous, here. Vacations actually make you more productive in the workplace. The amount of vacation days that most US employees get is ridiculously low compared to other nations. You SHOULD go on a vacation every so often, if you can afford it. 

Ha!  In the workplace.  You mean like people that are full time wage earners that have to budget and take PTO for vacation?  The whole point is that these fools get paid ridiculous amounts of money to sit on their asses all day, and exploit their kids for a paycheck.  I am sure we all on here have no problems with people taking a break from adulting, but this is NOT that.  Not at all.  Let me know when one of these jokers works a 40 hour week at a real job.  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Ha!  In the workplace.  You mean like people that are full time wage earners that have to budget and take PTO for vacation?  The whole point is that these fools get paid ridiculous amounts of money to sit on their asses all day, and exploit their kids for a paycheck.  I am sure we all on here have no problems with people taking a break from adulting, but this is NOT that.  Not at all.  Let me know when one of these jokers works a 40 hour week at a real job.  

Try 72 hours and being considered a “senior” by some guidelines. These bitches!

(72 because some co-workers just suck)

• Love 6

I just saw the first part of this episode, which I must've missed or just not paid attention to while the tv was on MTV.  

Amber made such a face at having to go on vacation.  Bitch, please.  Some people (including myself) haven't had a vacation to a fun place in years - at least 10 years.  Plus, it's all paid for and it's part of your 'job'.  I almost said out loud, go back to your couch or bed, you lazy slob.

I wish I could whisk all of these girls/women to an alternate universe as to what their lives would be like without this show.  They'd all be struggling (maybe 1 or 2 would be ok).  Almost like how Scrooge was shown his life.

• Love 5
On 7/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, dariafan said:

And why does Cate need a vacation ?  I hold down 2 jobs and haven’t had a vacation in years.  Like decades years 

[Didn't realize the season was on and, since I'm a masochist, I'm catching up now.]

I was curious about the timing of all of Cate's breaks, so I looked up the dates. Vaeda was born on Feb 23. Cate's spa day was on her birthday, Mar 12. The trip to Boca was a week before Amber's birthday on May 14.

I'm all for moms taking time for themselves, but wow. Totally judging. It would be one thing if Cate were in crisis and needed to get treatment (preferably not 1000 miles away) or spend some time with friends/by herself, but since she claims to be basically ok, that seems like a lot of "mommy time" away from a  (nursing) newborn, even before you consider the toddler with separation anxiety. And she's hoping/planning to get pregnant again when Vaeda is 6 months or a year? WHY?!?!?

And it really seems like Tyler is more hands-on with the kids than she is, so her beleaguered, "Nova needs so much attention, all the time!" (Yes, Cate, it's called being a toddler.) and "It's really important that I take time for myself so I don't get post-partum..." are a bit much.

• Love 6