Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

The CW Sets New Digital Strategy as Netflix Deal Lapses
Jason Lynch   August 4, 2019
https://www.adweek.com/tv-video/the-cw-sets-new-digital-strategy-as-netflix-deal-lapses

As Arrow signs off this season, “Batwoman is the next evolution” of the network’s Arrowverse of connected superhero series, said Pedowitz, who believes the Arrowverse “will continue for many, many years.” He said a new Arrowverse series is already in development for next season.

I wonder if they're reluctant to set a show entirely in the future.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if the new spinoff they're considering is a present day story that features a training school for Canaries. 😉  That way, both JH and KC could star, and they could still bring in fresh new faces, as well as other stars to draw in viewers. Are there any DC titles that would fit that premise?

Edited by tv echo

It's unclear whether Pedowitz specifically said it was a DC title - in this SyFy report, he doesn't...
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/tca-2019-kevin-conroy-crisis-infinite-earths

When it comes to Arrow's seventh and final season (premiering Oct. 15), Pedowitz was asked if there was potential for a next gen spinoff, which was teased in Season 6. ...

"Nothing is 100% done. We haven’t had a real conversation about where that could go. We have another story we’re looking at for next season first," he answered. ...

Edited by tv echo

CW Is Planning Another 'Arrow' Spinoff
By Philiana Ng‍ 11:51 AM PDT, August 4, 2019
https://www.etonline.com/cw-is-planning-another-arrow-spinoff-129807 

The CW is planning to expand the Arrow-verse after the flagship series ends with its final 10 episodes. CW President Mark Pedowitz revealed Sunday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour that the network is looking to add another DC series. 

While details on the potential new series are being kept close to the vest, including which DC character it could possibly center on, Pedowitz confirmed that it would be set in the same universe as Arrow.

The series is being eyed for the 2020-21 television season.

News of The CW's plans to continue the Arrow universe surfaced when Pedowitz was asked about the likelihood of an Arrow spinoff featuring the next generation of stars, who were first introduced in the series' seventh season. (Katherine McNamara plays Oliver and Felicity's daughter Mia and Joseph David-Jones plays William, Diggle's son.) 

"Nothing's ever 100 percent done. You learn that over time. There's a possibility but we haven't fully had a discussion of what that storyline would do," Pedowitz said. "Right now, we're looking at another property for next season."

Edited by tv echo

ARROW at TCA: Live-Blog
August 4, 2019 by Marisa Roffman   
http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2019/08/04/arrow-at-tca-live-blog/

11:59 AM: “We pick up a week later,” Beth Schwartz says of when the season premiere starts. Stephen Amell jokes it’s as long as his hair is between seasons, so about six weeks.

12:00 PM “It’s been really emotional,” Amell says. “Every episode this year feels like we’re trying to put a button on certain parts of the show.”

“This year is fundamentally different,” he continues. “The episodes are events. The show as we constructed it ended as Emily left.”
12:04 PM: How can there be a happy ending if Oliver might die? “I think when I read about this online, they’re thinking about things in a very binary way: things will either be X or Y. I think we have Z planned.”

12:05 PM: “I do a ton [of stunts],” Amell says. He did a big sequence last week.

12:06 PM: “We like to bring him back every season,” Schwartz says of Colin Donnell. “We have a lot of guest coming back…the whole season is like our greatest hits. We’re tying up stories you may have seen in season 3 or 2.”
12:11 PM: The crossover will be hour 8 of the series. “Ever since we started doing Crisis, it was how many different corners of the DC universe can we touch,” Guggenheim says. They want to get as many things, CW and not, involved. Ramsey is a “huge fan” of BLACK LIGHTNING and is excited to potentially work with them.
12:14 PM: “The space has been closed; Diggle is always on Oliver’s side,” Ramsey says of Oliver and Diggle. “The relationship gets even tighter…some of that reconciliation has happened.”

12:16 PM: “I’m fascinated by directing, but it’s more interesting to me to check in on Katie who had day 1 of her directing on Friday,” Amell says of whether he’ll direct.

Edited by tv echo

Honestly the more I hear about Season 8, the less I’m interested. Yes, I want to see the returning guest stars. Yes, I want to see more of Oliver and Diggle’s bromance. But nothing else interests me, and it’s not even about the lack of Felicity/EBR. 

I wonder if it’s because it feels like so much of the show’s promotion is about the crossover, more so than the other Arrowverse shows. And that has nothing to do with the season setting it up. I just feel like it’s so much of “tease about a character returning in unexpected way,” 4 things about COIE — without actually saying anything, “tease about character returning in unexpected way,” 6 comments about COIE, “yes, we are bringing in adult JJ after setting it up last season,” 5 more comments about the crossover, “yes, we’ve promoted an actor to series regular,” more talk about COIE, etc. 

I feel like the only new information we really got was that S8 picks up a week (or a few weeks? I saw conflicting tweets) after the finale. 

Also, regarding comments about Oliver’s “death”/ending from today, I saw something about MG I think saying people are thinking X or Y and it’s Z and I hope he doesn’t consider Z to be living in a paradise dimension with Felicity just because that’s something everyone who isn’t going, “Oliver’s really actually dead!” has guessed. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, regarding comments about Oliver’s “death”/ending from today, I saw something about MG I think saying people are thinking X or Y and it’s Z and I hope he doesn’t consider Z to be living in a paradise dimension with Felicity just because that’s something everyone who isn’t going, “Oliver’s really actually dead!” has guessed. 

To be fair, I think the loudest/most talked about theories out in the media are the "Oliver died"/"They are going to/better fix everything in the end!" and not the paradise dimension thing, even though it ignores the context of Felicity's final scene. Z of showing where Oliver is at the end of it all would be outside of the binary dead/not dead decision.

5 minutes ago, way2interested said:

To be fair, I think the loudest/most talked about theories out in the media are the "Oliver died"/"They are going to/better fix everything in the end!" and not the paradise dimension thing, even though it ignores the context of Felicity's final scene. Z of showing where Oliver is at the end of it all would be outside of the binary dead/not dead decision.

True. I just always consider Z in that kind of example to be something that hasn’t been at least hinted at. For example, if, during Vigilante’s introduction, someone had guessed he’d be the “dead” boyfriend (with the ability to heal) of a character not yet introduced on the show who would later team up with villains not yet introduced but then be undercover. (I forget — did we know yet that Dinah would be coming in at all at the time? Was that “Tina” casting announced yet?)

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

True. I just always consider Z in that kind of example to be something that hasn’t been at least hinted at.

From MG's comments, I got that he meant that Z is outside of the X and Y discussion specifically (meaning that while people are saying the ending is dead/not dead, the ending is really out in said paradise dimension, or something similar)

15 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

(I forget — did we know yet that Dinah would be coming in at all at the time? Was that “Tina” casting announced yet?)

Yeah, JH was basically cast before 507 aired, though we didn't know about her dead partner/bf until 511, going into s6 I think I recall people also correctly guessing he would end up being Vince as well XD

24 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

True. I just always consider Z in that kind of example to be something that hasn’t been at least hinted at. For example, if, during Vigilante’s introduction, someone had guessed he’d be the “dead” boyfriend (with the ability to heal) of a character not yet introduced on the show who would later team up with villains not yet introduced but then be undercover. (I forget — did we know yet that Dinah would be coming in at all at the time? Was that “Tina” casting announced yet?)

Could go either way. A lot of times showrunners say no one has figured out Z but it's a common theory, on lots of different show, including most of the Arrowverse as you say and I think that's the most likely. X being "really dead" and Y being "it's fixed". Yes that's despite Felicity going off to find him which I thought was pretty clear in the finale. 

It's possible they've taken that into consideration as Y and their Z is something completely different, but even if it's "taking over The Monitor's Job" or similar that's still "alive in an alternate state/dimension" stuff. If it's "it's a happy ending because his family and friends and the multiverse are safe" that's still pretty binary.

SA has said things like "if we don't get Emily back people will still know their out there somewhere together" which hints more at the paradise dimension stuff as well. I'm wracking my brains for something really off the wall, especially with the description of the last scene being WTF but this isn't a show like Farscape, even if the last 30 seconds end up being cringe/rage inducing for some reason. 

With things like Vince I think they thought they were being clever simply because Adrian Chase was Prometheus not Vigilante and the Vince stuff was brought up as soon as we knew Vigilante was getting unmasked with Pike being another popular choice, especially since we knew it couldn't be CD. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

Why are some people reporting it's one week since 722 and others saying 6. Get it right. 😂

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

1 week? Laurel went back to E1 only to return to E2 and decided to totally overhaul her image. 

I assumed the Laurel in the trailer with the new costume is a Laurel from another earth, not BS. 

53 minutes ago, Trisha said:

This makes no sense. Knowing we’ll see Moira and Tommy (and a version of Tommy we’ve never seen before) then it has to be another Earth. Right?

I'm pretty sure it's another earth. But also maybe part of the season takes place on E1 so technically that's true? They're doing flashforwards and presumably showing Rene and Dinah in present day Star City. That's all E1. Maybe they're being sneaky with their info.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Why are some people reporting it's one week since 722 and others saying 6. Get it right. 😂

It looks like because they said one week and SA joked "corrected" and said "6 weeks" because his hair grew back out and there's no way he would have grown his hair out in one week.

4 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

1 week? Laurel went back to E1 only to return to E2 and decided to totally overhaul her image. 

If Oliver's working with/for The Monitor, I'm assuming we're actually talking 1 week after The Monitor took him which would be months since we'd last seen anyone else. Still a kind of fast turn around for a complete image overhaul but better than a week

Edited by JamieLynn832002
  • Useful 1
51 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I assumed the Laurel in the trailer with the new costume is a Laurel from another earth, not BS. 

KC seems way to excited for the outfit for it to be another alt.Laurel unless this alt.Laurel sticks around for awhile. 

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

This makes no sense. Knowing we’ll see Moira and Tommy (and a version of Tommy we’ve never seen before) then it has to be another Earth. Right?

It has to be....I'd assume. Oliver traveling with The Monitor would be stupid if they arent going to different Earths.

I'm guessing since we'll get B/C storylines set on E1 that it would technically be true.

‘Arrow’ Final Season to Take Place in Earth-1 Timeline
Margeaux Sippell | August 4, 2019
https://www.thewrap.com/arrow-final-season-to-take-place-in-earth-1-timeline/

The eighth and final season of The CW’s “Arrow” series will take place in the primary timeline on Earth-1, executive producer Beth Schwartz confirmed to TV critics Sunday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.
Series star Stephen Amell added that Season 8 will take place in 2019, with Schwartz clarifying that the final season will “pick up a week” after where the Season 7 finale left off.
“The whole season is leading up to ‘Crisis’ and the crossover we’ve never done before. And like Stephen said, Season 7 ended our normal structure of how the show’s been, and this year, because we’re leading up to something spectacular, we’re allowed to have huge event episodes, and we’re allowed to bring characters back that we haven’t seen in a while,” Schwartz said. “Each episode is humongous. It’s not like anything we’ve seen on the show before.”
“It’s been really emotional. Every episode this year feels like we’re trying to put a button on a certain part of the show,” he said. “And I got a chance to work with actors and characters that I haven’t had a chance to work with in a bunch of years.”
“We’ve had a character come to Oliver and say, ‘You’re gonna die,'” Guggenheim said, addressing the ending of the show, which necessitates Oliver’s death. “Whenever I read about this online, people are asking us questions, they’re thinking about things in a very binary way, that the ending will either be X or Y. All I would say is that we have Z planned.”

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell Says Arrow as We Knew It 'Ended When Emily Left'
By Lindsay MacDonald | Aug 4, 2019
https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-8-stephen-amell-emily-bett-rickards-exit/ 

"The whole season is basically our greatest hits," said showrunner Beth Schwartz. "We're kind of tying up some stories you could have seen in Season 3 or 2."

"Every episode this year feels like were trying to put a button on a certain part of the show," added star Stephen Amell. "And I've [gotten] a chance to work with actors and characters, thus far, that I haven't had a chance to work with in a bunch of years."

"I think that the show as people understood it and its sort of structure — I think it ended in our Season 7 finale," Amell continued. "This year is fundamentally different. The episodes are events. To me, the show as we constructed it ended when Emily [Bett Rickards] left."

Edited by tv echo

The CW Plots Another ‘Arrow’ Spinoff As It Moves Into Next Phase Of DC Comics World – TCA
By Peter White August 4, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/08/the-cw-plots-another-arrow-spinoff-dc-comics-1202660964/ 

Pedowitz said that there’s a “possibility” of an Arrow spin-off but that it is prioritizing another DC Comics property for next season, without giving any details.

“The fact that seven years ago, we introduced Arrow, who would have thought it would have spawned six shows, a whole universe that they managed to create. It’s quite a remarkable feat,” he added.
The latter, which stars Ruby Rose as Batwoman, launches on October 6. Pedowitz said that the show, which was developed by Greg Berlanti and Caroline Dries, was the “next evolution” of the strand. “It’s the next step to do something. We believe these franchises, this universe will continue for many years, so it’s important to ensure that you have characters that will keep the fans coming back. How that universe plays out, time will tell,” he added.

Edited by tv echo

Here's my speculation as to the 5 people that Oliver gets closure with in the first 3 episodes...

801 (Star City) - Moira, Tommy, Adrian Chase (I think Oliver has already had closure with Malcolm).

802 (Welcome to Hong Kong) - Maseo or Tatsu (Maseo was closer to Oliver, but Tatsu is more of a loose end, so maybe whichever actor was available for filming, Karl Yune or Rila Fukushima).

803 (Leap of Faith) - Ra's al Ghul (Matt Nable) would be my guess.

SA had said that both 802 and 803 were tributes to S3. Also look at 803's title. Surely they won't be able to resist recreating the duel on the mountaintop? Ra's could also be the "mortal enemy" that SA referred to (and not Adrian Chase), since Ra's actually 'killed' Oliver.

I think that they probably wanted to make 802 a tribute to S2 but were unable to use the Deathstroke character again (maybe because Deathstroke is now on Titans). Also, S2 was primarily Deathstroke, Sara Lance and OTA., so it'd be difficult to do a tribute to that season without MB, CL or EBR.

But if they continue with the one season per episode tribute, then 804 will be a tribute to S4, 805 will be a tribute to S5, 806 will be a tribute to S6 and 807 will be a tribute to S7, with at least one returning guest star in each episode.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I think that they probably wanted to make 802 a tribute to S2 but were unable to use the Deathstroke character again (maybe because Deathstroke is now on Titans). S2 was primarily Deathstroke, Sara Lance and OTA. 

They're still using Deathstroke, 801 has JJ dressed up as Deathstroke and the leader of their gang. It would be weird if they just couldn't use Slade but still used the outfit and the moniker, but maybe MB was busy or something instead?

Stephen Amell Says 'Arrow' Already Ended in Season 7, Season 8 Is Something Else
Fred Topel | August 4, 2019
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/stephen-amell-says-arrow-already-ended-in-season-7-season-8-is-something-else.html/ 

Emily Bett Rickards left Arrow at the end of season 7. Any Arrow without Felicity won’t be the real Arrow, but it will still be cool.
“I think that the show, as people have understood it and its structure I think it ended in our Season 7 finale,” Amell said. “This year is fundamentally different. The episodes are events. And, to me, the show, as we constructed it, ended when Emily left.”
Most seasons of Arrow pick up half a year after the previous one. This time, the season premiere is only a few weeks after the end of season 7.
“However long my hair is relative to the end of Season 7 in the premiere is how long we took,” Amell said. “I’d say more like six weeks.”
“I don’t do as many stunts as I did in the first season,” Amell said. “I do a ton. I did a giant stunt sequence on Friday evening/Saturday morning.”

Edited by tv echo

Huh? ...

“Arrow” Final Season: Episode 8 Crosses Over, 9 and 10 Provide “Proper Finale,” Producers Say – TCA
By Diane Haithman   August 4, 2019
https://deadline.com/2019/08/arrow-final-season-episode-8-crosses-over-9-and-10-provide-proper-finale-producers-say-tca-1202661047/

Guggenheim identified Episode 8 (808) as the previously -announced crossover episode with its fellow DC series, which Guggenheim is writing with Marv Wolfman.

After the session, Guggenheim said the final two episodes will not connect with Episode 8.  “Episode 9 is very specific, we know exactly what happens in it” although it is too early to reveal details, he said. Episode 10 will be “a proper series finale,” he added.

Schwartz confirmed guest casting discussions happening across the DC universe but that crossover casting remains incomplete and  producers ere not ready to reveal any more return visits or final casting for Season 8.

After the session, Guggenheim confirmed discussions with DC and Warner Bros. about a Lynda Carter return, but said he did not think that would happen. However, in a discussion with reporters after the session, he complained mildly about rumors spawned by “illegitimate outlet” Cosmic Book News when it announced that Carter as Wonder Woman and Tom Welling’s Superman were definitely cast for Season 8.

“I don’t ever comment on casting, but it always vexes me if an illegitimate outlet just makes up stuff,” he said.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow: Here's When Season 8 Picks Up
by Meagan Damore – on Aug 04, 2019  
https://www.cbr.com/when-arrow-season-8-picks-up/ 

Arrow is wasting no time in Season 8. The series will pick up only one week after the Season 7 finale when it returns this fall.

"We pick up a week later,” showrunner Beth Schwartz revealed at The CW's Television Critics Association press tour panel.

Edited by tv echo

A week later makes sense. Mia was already a couple months old when the Monitor came and the Crisis is set to happen in late 2019 show and real time so Oliver only has about a month to do everything he needs to do before the event.

Even though the source of this spoiler is dubious, there have been a lot of hints on Arrow and from DR that this might happen...

John Stewart’s Green Lantern Will Appear In Crisis On Infinite Earths
By Christian Bone August 5, 2019
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/john-stewarts-green-lantern-crisis-infinite-earths/ 

We Got This Covered has been informed by our sources – the same ones who told us the real Mandarin will be the villain in Shang-Chi, and that Wonder Woman will don her Golden Eagle armor in the sequel, both of which were later confirmed – that David Ramsey will be playing a different version of Diggle from another Earth in the event who will be identified as John Stewart. Fans have been keeping their fingers crossed that all those clues about this over the past year would lead up to something in “Crisis” and, from what we’re hearing, their wish has been granted.

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell and David Ramsey on the End of Arrow | TV Insider
Published on Aug 5, 2019, by TV Insider

-- On what he would like to see in this final season for his character, DR: "Personally, I would love to see Diggle with his sons, um, but that'll happen. So, I mean, there's not much." 

-- Damian Holbrook: "I met your son last night. Charlie." DR: "He's great. Charlie's fantastic." SA: "Is he good?" DR: "I haven't met him, but I've heard that he's great."

-- Damian Holbrook: "Since, you know, you talked about it having a happy ending, I just talked to Marc Guggenheim. He said that he, you know, came up with the idea, talked to you, and you cried when you heard his last idea." SA: "Yeah." Holbrook: "So obviously you don't want to reveal any of that, but how do you feel the fans will feel about this?" SA (smiling): "Oh, it's a series finale they're going to hate." DR (laughing): "As all series finales go." SA: "Honestly, we're going to do our very best to stick the landing. I think that, um, knowing from - knowing from the beginning of Season 7 that Season 8 was going to be end has, um, given us a ton of momentum."

-- SA: "[Marc's] so excited about Crisis... It feels to me like this is - like Crisis is like the highlight of his career. He's so pumped." They then mentioned that MG was going to write the crossover episode with Marv Wolfman.

Edited by tv echo

SA keeps mentioning that fans often hate finales (which is true I guess, they can get controversial) but I really hope I at least like Arrow's and it doesn't do something "gotcha" for the sake of it. But if not I'm ok with 722.

I am interested in seeing Diggle interact with both Connor and JJ in the future (and Mia) though it's a give a way E1 him survives COIE unless there's a twist.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

I didn't watch JtV's tribute special. Anyone?...

The CW Is Planning Tribute Specials for Supernatural and Arrow
By RUSS BURLINGAME - August 5, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/06/the-cw-planning-tribute-specials-supernatural-arrow/ 

The CW will air tribute specials honoring both Supernatural and Arrow in the respective shows' final seasons, according to network head Mark Pedowitz. The episodes will follow in the same general format as the tribute episode aired during Jane the Virgin's final season earlier this year. The CW has toyed with these sorts of specials in the past, with Arrow getting a "Year One" special in 2013 that recapped the show's first season. Legends of Tomorrow also earned a sort of introductory special before the series debuted, which was titled "Their Time Is Now."
“We thought that the tribute special that appeared on Jane the Virgin this year was well-done,” CW chief Mark Pedowitz told reporters at the TCA. “We’re planning tribute specials for Arrow, as well as Supernatural.”

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Boss Teases Series Finale, Whether Green Lantern Will Appear
By Chris E. Hayner  August 5, 2019
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/arrow-boss-teases-series-finale-whether-green-lant/1100-6468894/

There's one thing executive producer Marc Guggenheim cleared up after a panel for the show at the TCA press tour, though. The final episodes of Arrow will not be tied up in the fallout of the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover that will help close the series out.

"I would say Episode 9 is very specific. We know exactly what happens in it. It's not related to the crossover," Guggenheim explained to a small group of press. "And it's too early for me to talk about exactly what that episode is. But it's, you know, if we do it right, it'll be really special. And then Episode 10 will be a proper series finale."
There's been plenty of fan speculation about John Diggle (David Ramsey) ending up as the Green Lantern in the Arrow-verse. Then, in 2018's Elseworlds crossover event, the show directly referenced a possible connection between the two characters. While the chances of a full-blown Green Lantern series starring Ramsey are slim at best, Arrow isn't done having a bit of fun with the possibility.

"We've got we have a very specific moment in mind for the series finale, that our hope is it'll be satisfying to the fans, without getting me in trouble with my bosses at Warner Brothers," Guggenheim teased of Diggle's connection to Green Lantern.

Edited by tv echo

MG's recent TCA comments appear to contradict his earlier SDCC comments about the crossover's impact on Arrow's final two episodes...

-- MG: "Because of the nature of Crisis and the nature of a 10-episode order for Arrow, the two projects really became linked, uh, to the extent where the build-up to Crisis really takes place in Arrow, and then Crisis has to impact the final two episodes of Arrow. Um, so it's all connected. Um, you know, and I think it's going to be connected in a way that's satisfying to people."  (SDCC, Jul. 19, 2019: Comicbook video of MG interview, page 1 of Spoilers thread and page 4 of Spoiler Discussion Final thread)

-- On how impactful this year's crossover will be, MG: "For Arrow, it's very impactful. I think for all the shows, it's very impactful... And I don't like to make those sorts of promises, but I will say, like, specifically with the case of Arrow, the ramifications are pretty big, especially since we know we only got two more episodes after the crossover for Arrow to finish up." (SDCC, Jul. 20, 2019: Jul. 21, 2019 Whedonopolis Videos video of MG interview, page 2 of Spoilers thread and page 6 of Spoiler Discussion Final thread)

Edited by tv echo

So the impact of the crossover on Arrow will be big, but the Arrow episode airing after the crossover will not be crossover related. 

That makes so much sense :p. 

• LOL 1

I expect there will be a lot of waffling on these points going forward.

I think it was that COIE would affect Arrow quite a lot because they could go for broke with killing characters and maybe bringing in different versions of characters to "keep around in the verse after we turn the lights off" or possibly changing the past/future.

That's the COIE affecting it and the last two eps will focus on the exclusively Arrow aftermath and tying up loose ends of the show. Like e.g. A consequence might be that the future has changed from the 2040 we know and the characters deal with that, or our Diggle now has the mantle of John Stewart or E1 Laurel is alive again or even Oliver in the pocket dimension or something. But there's no actual crossover. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I expect there will be a lot of waffling on these points going forward.

Well, they've got ideas and plans, but nothing's written and set yet, and guest actors aren't locked down.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-8-stephen-amell-david-ramsey-felicity-absence/

"She is ever-present in Oliver's mind," Amell said of Felicity in Season 8. "We found Oliver can't wear his wedding ring in the premiere for a very specific reason, but he can wear it in the second episode. And it wasn't built into the script, but I spoke to our director, Antonio Negret, and we built a moment of Oliver putting his ring back on and thinking about it. 

And speaking of that hope, Amell said that Felicity's promise that they'll find each other again one day is what's keeping Oliver going through this final season. "That gives him purpose and allows him to move forward because he knows that somewhere along the way, in the immortal words of Chris Cooper from The Town, 'This side or the other,' they'll find each other."

I love that SA loves Olicity and that he'll make the effort to emphasize it on the show.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I love that SA loves Olicity and that he'll make the effort to emphasize it on the show.

Me too. And the fact that he crafted an unscripted wedding ring moment with Antonio Negret (who’s always been such an Olicity supporter) is very sweet.

Seriously though, SA needed new talking points after SDCC. It’s like he just learned the word “morose” and can’t stop using it or something. (I love that Leanne from ET called him out on recycling “scoop” during her interview.)