Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E17: Reunion

• Start Topic

After one of the most barbaric seasons, the vets and prospects of The Challenge: War of the Worlds reunite for the first time in London to battle out the shocking betrayals, savage gameplays, and hottest hookups of this season.

Airs May 29, 2019.

Cara was looking extra shiny and square-jawed. Could she manspread any wider? Jesus Cara. Gus must have gotten electrocuted before the reunion. Josh's tongue still seems to be too big for his mouth and talking sounds like a real effort for him. Amanda borrowed Kam's pet eye tarantulas. Kam, that gray hair is a big no. Was Day pregnant? WTF was Georgia wearing?

Why TF was crybaby volatile Lolo a co-host? Yuck.

Paulie being Paulie as usual. Cara pathetically telling him she loves him. Oh Cara, you poor lost unfortunate soul. I have so much secondhand embarrassment for her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I drifted out of attention.

What did Zach admit to?  He was going to take the fall for Johnny but then didn’t?

And Dayvonne apologized for making it seem like Johnny duct taping Amanda was more serious than it was.  Then she put Cara in her place.

That dumb blonde is dating Bananas now?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, scrb said:

I drifted out of attention.

What did Zach admit to?  He was going to take the fall for Johnny but then didn’t?

And Dayvonne apologized for making it seem like Johnny duct taping Amanda was more serious than it was.  Then she put Cara in her place.

That dumb blonde is dating Bananas now?

Zach apparently had to go home for his sister’s wedding midway through filming, so he told Johnny that if Johnny ended up in elimination, he should call out Zach and Zach would let him win. But then apparently his loyalty to Zahida won out and he decided not to throw it after all. Which, when you think about it, means Johnny made up a whole dog and pony show about how Zach had “betrayed” him that was never real, all to justify picking a friend for elimination, only to then get huffy and stick with his made-up story about Zach betraying him when Zach didn’t do what he wanted. It is amazing to me that Johnny is telling this story as though it makes ZACH look bad. Shut up, Johnny. 

That said, while I understand Zach had no way of knowing this was a partner season when he decided he was going to put in a couple of weeks and then go home for the wedding, the end result was that it was going to be super unfair to someone. At the very least, regardless of whether or not he threw that second elimination (and I’m going to say he didn’t, because it seemed super close and Wes>Zach in puzzles is a duh), Zach should have been upfront with Zahida about the fact that he couldn’t stay long term. And I’m glad people called him out about whining about how he doesn’t really want to be there and threatening to quit every single season. If you don’t want to be there, don’t show up. If you want your paycheck, then participate and suck it up. You’re a big boy now, Zach.

I don’t know why people pick fights with Davonne. Every single person who does comes off looking dumb. 

It’s hard to tell whether Johnny and Morgan are actually a couple of more of a mutually beneficial publicity arrangement, but either way, they’re trying way too hard to draw attention to themselves by “refusing to discuss” their relationship. I actually followed Morgan on Instagram for a while and found her so spectacularly boring that I gave up. And I say this as someone who also follows a bread Instagram. 

I thought Hunter came off very badly on this. His hat brim hiding his eyes, staring at the floor denials that Nany was his challenge fling while he had a girlfriend back home probably won the night’s award for “most unconvincing rebuttal.” And honestly, it is truly amazing how many of these guys had girls back home (Bear, Ashley, Hunter, Kyle) while they were hooking up with other women on TV. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

I don’t know why people pick fights with Davonne. Every single person who does comes off looking dumb. 

I think she handled herself well at times and came off pretty bad on a couple of occasions. Even the whole issue with Georgia, Bear, and the cousin. Georgia had already said that she didn’t care what Cara’s motives were for telling her, she was happy to be told so she wouldn’t look like a total jackass on TV. Da’vonne was more upset than Georgia and that obviously has to do with her personal feelings for Cara. She just needed to chill out a little bit, because she was way over the top. And I think Cara made a good point about holding that against her but not keeping the same energy with Amanda and Jenna/Zach. 

My point is not so much to defend Cara, but it gets annoying to see people always coming after and then telling her “it’s not all about you.” For someone they don’t care about, some of the cast mates spend a lot of time talking about her. And where do these people think they have moral high ground when it comes to talking about Cara and Paulie’s relationship? All of these people are hypocrites, Cara and Paulie included. Very exhausting all around. Turbo being the only truly bright spot.

Also it seems like Leroy caught feelings for Kam and now wants to play it off like it wasn’t that serious by being a total dick. If he came on the reunion to make himself look better, he failed spectacularly.

• Love 8

I think LeRoy caught feelings in the same way most guys in those types of relationships do — meaning that his ego got bruised when she was with someone else so he claimed to feel “disrespected.” But I guarantee if he had been the one hanging out with someone else he would have invoked the friends with benefits arrangement if Cam got upset.  These relationships are all fine and dandy for guys so long as the woman doesn’t actually take advantage of the no strings situation. 

I find Cara and Paulie so damn insufferable as a couple that I actually wish they had spent more time on Paulie’s two-timing.  Bananas accused him of dating Cara to make a name on the show, which is absolutely true, but I wish when Paulie had said that was only Bananas opinion that Bananas would have mentioned that Paulie himself said that to his other girlfriend.  

Just no to LoLo as a host. Is MTV trying to make her happen? I want to like her because of how accomplished she is as an athlete, but her personality is so odious that I can’t. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Did Zach do something to his teeth? His mouth looked weird, and I could see teeth, but kept wondering of he got veneers or something. He looked odd. 

Sounds like Mama Day causes trouble with YouTube

I love the Miz, and Lolo was not needed. 

Hunter is annoying every single time he speaks.  Is he ever happy? 

And I still think Gus and Jenna would be a beautiful couple.  

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 2

Hunter is having a baby so he's going to come back to make money for his son.

When have we heard that one before?

As for Lolo, I'm assuming her pro athlete career is over, same for Theo.

Olympics next summer so they'd be training full time.  I think they'd have to qualify so they wouldn't have time to do silly MTV shows.

So they're trying to transition into media I suppose.  She has a kind of confrontational, combative personality, at least in her seasons.  But they just had her read the teleprompter.

• Love 4

I actually found this reunion to be entertaining even if it was 2 hours, which was mostly made up of commercials. Thank God for DVR!

Anyways, I usually like Da’vonne, but I agree that she came off very over the top at times. Obviously, she doesn’t like Cara so any chance to attack her, she took it.

I’m in the very small population of people that still likes Cara and I like that she wasn’t phased by anything that was said.

Random thoughts: 

-I love Georgia and I hope she can get over Bear!

-Amanda is still annoying as ever and I’m not sure she could see with her spider lashes. 

-I’m glad Zach apologized to Cara because a lot of the things that he said were horrible. I also liked that Wes apologized to Da’vonne.

-It’s awful that so many of these guys have relationships at home and think it’s ok to hook up on the show. 

• Love 9

It must have been eating him up inside all season that he was out of the spotlight.  Refusing to talk about his relationship. Who do they think they are? Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes? No one cares. Bye. I'd never look for any of these people on social media because my feed would be too exhausting and negative.

Cara was so rude to Natalie. She should take accountablility for what she said. She's the new Johnny in my opinion, has made plenty of money and has had plenty of wins. 

Amanda was so rude to Jenna. Jenna is a very strong competitor. 

I'm glad they made the reunion one episode instead of sporeading it out. Unless there is a second part, I fell asleep the last 5 minutes.  

• Love 7

I felt bad for poor Zahida when she realized the whole Zach/Johnny situation. 

I continue to love Da'vonne. "My morals are intact. Hater."

The fight between Ash and Pauli was ridiculous. As was Cara clinging to Pauli.

Ok. I have to admit something. I actually liked Bear during this reunion. He was hilarious. I loved that they replayed the clip of him and Da'vonne with the chain. Even though it's terrible he lied to Georgia about his "cousin", I laughed when he said that that side of the family has disowned him.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

It was pretty funny to see Cara pretending to act so over it and bored, yet clinging to Paulie so hard, if she could crawl inside him, she probably would. You're not fooling anyone Cara. Thou protest too much. Another reason I don't like Cara is that she makes people I'd normally dislike more appealing, just because of her reaction to them, like Ninja and Da'vonne. I love that she thinks she's not going to ultimately get screwed over by Paulie (again). Or maybe she does, and she looks forward to playing the victim (again). Cara, you're 30-something years old. Time to stop playing the victim, yet pretending to act tough. You can't have it both ways. Take a break. Get new leggings. Fix your goddamn attitude. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I honestly fell asleep through most of this but I did come away with two thoughts - 

HUNTER STOP BITCHING ABOUT ASHLEY STEALING MONEY FROM YOU JESUS

Also, no matter how many tattoos Cara has, her fear of needles and infusions is how SHE feels about it, not you, Amanda you hosebeast.  I had to agree with Cara at that minute. Just that one, though

• Love 6
12 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I felt bad for poor Zahida when she realized the whole Zach/Johnny situation. 

I continue to love Da'vonne. "My morals are intact. Hater."

Ash and Paulie looked like they were gonna make out. Is popcorn muscles really an insult?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Dayvonne acted like a child, talking over Cara and basically just saying in a sing-song voice, "I'm right and you're wrong, nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah!" No, Dayvonne, you're not.  Sit down, and please stay home with your kid next season.

Why did John get so much air time? Go away. I literally forgot who Morgan was for the first hour of this reunion.

Zach is a piece of shit.

Wtf was Cara's problem with Natalie? Why didn't she apologize or acknowledge that she'd hurt her feelings instead of acting like she was so above everything in that moment?

• Love 5
On 5/30/2019 at 9:02 AM, SophiaPehawkins said:

I think she handled herself well at times and came off pretty bad on a couple of occasions. Even the whole issue with Georgia, Bear, and the cousin. Georgia had already said that she didn’t care what Cara’s motives were for telling her, she was happy to be told so she wouldn’t look like a total jackass on TV. Da’vonne was more upset than Georgia and that obviously has to do with her personal feelings for Cara. She just needed to chill out a little bit, because she was way over the top. And I think Cara made a good point about holding that against her but not keeping the same energy with Amanda and Jenna/Zach. 

My point is not so much to defend Cara, but it gets annoying to see people always coming after and then telling her “it’s not all about you.” For someone they don’t care about, some of the cast mates spend a lot of time talking about her. And where do these people think they have moral high ground when it comes to talking about Cara and Paulie’s relationship? All of these people are hypocrites, Cara and Paulie included. Very exhausting all around. Turbo being the only truly bright spot.

While I agree that it went on to long, the difference between Cara and Amanda is that Amanda didn't try to make it seem like her motives were good as opposed to Cara. 

• Love 5

I’ve enjoyed Davonne ever since Big Brother, but she was way out of line on this reunion.  I don’t even like Georgia or Bear but that conversation was ridiculous.  They’re asking Georgia how she feels about Bear, she starts to answer and Davonne not only inserts herself, but completely takes over the conversation and the camera, by standing up and literally doing a song and dance, very loudly and obnoxiously.  It was such a blatant ploy for attention and it made her look childish and stupid.  She used her distaste for Cara as a launching pad for herself and totally took the spotlight off Georgia in what was supposed to be her moment.  Let the girl talk!  Davonne is great when she’s a funny and smart player.  This new Davonne is annoying as hell

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/31/2019 at 7:13 PM, Cherry Cola said:

Ash and Paulie looked like they were gonna make out. Is popcorn muscles really an insult?

All I remember about this fight is:

"You have little man syndrome."

"But I'm taller than you!"

They start standing and puffing chests at each other.

"See, I am taller than you."

Me: 

angry the lion king GIF

Edited by luckyroll3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 5/30/2019 at 9:02 AM, SophiaPehawkins said:

Also it seems like Leroy caught feelings for Kam and now wants to play it off like it wasn’t that serious by being a total dick. If he came on the reunion to make himself look better, he failed spectacularly.

I think Cara's general hypocrisy got the best of Day and she didn't handle herself in the best way so her point got lost in her attempt to speak over everyone else. She had an opinion on Cara's intentions of telling Georgia about Bear. Cara denied it and that is where the back and forth really stems from. Cara's comments were on camera, proving Day correct. To avoid owning up to her lie she rebuttals with something to the affect of 'hey at least I told her whereas you didn't want to say anything to her'. That's kind of rich for Cara to act like she in some way was being a decent person when she intentionally went after a guy with a girlfriend as a way to make Kyle jealous and then chose to get back with that guy despite learning very publicly that he was two-timing her and trying to throw their relationship under the bus in order to get back with his ex. Day clarified that she never got involved in the Amanda/Zach/Jenna thing because she didn't think Zach was being serious but she spoke to Jenna off camera to confirm what Amanda said but also to share how she interpreted the entire conversation with Zach and Amanda. She wasn't being a hypocrite about it though Cara tried to make it seem that way.

Day lost me with her comments about it not being all about Cara when in truth, it was about Cara. All that said, while Georgia was appreciative of Cara telling her about Bear regardless of her intent, I thought it was useless. She claimed that at least it saved her from looking like an idiot but didn't she fall quickly fall back in line with Bear? Warning didn't do her much good.

• Love 1