Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Save Lucifer

Lucifer's so-called epiphany has Chloe worried, but it's his physical transformation that's really freaking her out. Also, Maze gives Eve a pep talk.

Oh, Eve... 

Loved all the moments with Chloe and Luci and she being supportive even when he's full demon. 

I also love the shot where Linda was having her baby with a demon and an angel watching over her shoulders, literally. But omg, Amenadiel! Bad angel, bad!

• Love 12

Although Maze and Eve are fun, I wish she got more storylines that weren't about love interests and love triangles. Did enjoy her getting to sing (was that actually the actress?).

On 5/13/2019 at 1:18 PM, Commando Cody said:

I found it amusing that Linda wanted to name their nephilim, Jack. I think it was a reference to Jack on Supernatural. 

Same. Although considering what's happened to that show, I was more horrified than amused...

I see some of that Netflix budget also went to prosthetic work!  I thought Devil Lucifer was really well done!

Surprised that the familiar face (Keith Powell a.k.a. Toofer from 30 Rock) actually didn't end up being the killer!

Glad Dan is finally yanking his head out of his ass (thanks to Ella), and getting therapy (with Linda, naturally.)  Not sure if they'll be able to redeem him for his actions this season, but it is a start at least.

Oh, Maze!  I do hope she finds happiness, wherever it is from Eve or not.  The demon deserves a happy ending!

I get that you're still hurting, Amenadiel, but if you take Charles away from Linda, you are so on the list.  Especially since Auntie Maze will probably find some way to follow you up the Silver City and unleash hell!

So, it looks like the prophecy is going to fulfilled not because of Lucifer, but because a demon will be taking over Father Finley's body and will no doubt cause some shit.

Off to the finale!

• Love 6
On 5/10/2019 at 6:03 PM, Helena Dax said:

I also love the shot where Linda was having her baby with a demon and an angel watching over her shoulders, literally. But omg, Amenadiel! Bad angel, bad!

I love the symbolism of an angel being over her left shoulder and demon - right.

loving the take on the prophecy. 

will be watching finale next, but I already want season 5. make it happen, Netflix!

• Love 6

Finally Dan stops acting like a total moron and actually realizes that he is being irrational and stupid in his grief, and is talking to Linda. Linda is a pretty baller therapist (being the therapist for the actual devil) so hopefully thats a good step, even if their first session got interrupted. 

Devil Lucifer looked awesome, they are spending that sweet Netflix money! It was nice to see Chloe being supportive of Lucifer even with his increasingly demonic appearance, certainly a change from her freak out when she first saw his devil face, where she ran off and tried to have him sent to Hell!

• Love 4

The key to Lucifer changing back was not for him to become a better person, to make himself "worthy" of Chloe, or to receive some grand gesture of acceptance from her. It all tied back to Lucifer's self-perception, because we've seen from the beginning that Lucifer being "evil" has never been the problem. He's always been a decent person at his core; he'd simply internalized humanity's collective villification of him, his siblings' disdain, and his own guilt and come out with a warped impression of himself. 

This was a more original and authentic take on healing and redemption. I'm unbelievably grateful that Lucifer's personal crisis was not tied to his worthiness as Chloe's friend/romantic partner. She even told Lucifer to stop using her as an excuse, because it wasn't about her.

It also makes 4.07 better in retrospect, because Lucifer choosing to adhere to the law (eyeroll) was clearly not the answer. Lucifer only felt like a monster because his own actions didn't agree with him, not because breaking Julian's back was illegal or objectively wrong somehow (which IMO it wasn't). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I actually felt bad for Father Kinley as he was dying.  Right up until the end he was convinced he was doing the right thing and he'd be going to heaven.  He wasn't so much a villain as a well intentioned extremist.

In literature/TV/etc. has there ever been a case where the people desperately trying to prevent a prophecy did not inadvertently cause the prophecy to come true?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, futurechemist said:

In literature/TV/etc. has there ever been a case where the people desperately trying to prevent a prophecy did not inadvertently cause the prophecy to come true?

Yes, but those stories are boring. 🙂

Irony is a powerful literary tool. 

Edited by Loandbehold
  • Love 2

I think the plot of the movie 'Willow', is like that. A prophecy says a child will be born, and this child will be the downfall of the evil Queen. Evil Queen tries to hunt down the baby, and the actions and consequences of this hunt led directly to her defeat.

On 5/21/2019 at 5:13 PM, tennisgurl said:

Finally Dan stops acting like a total moron and actually realizes that he is being irrational and stupid in his grief, and is talking to Linda.

And he has some self awareness. I really liked Dan's arc this season. I think he can get redemption. 

On 5/28/2019 at 4:18 PM, futurechemist said:

He wasn't so much a villain as a well intentioned extremist.

Isn't the path to hell paved by good intentions? 

• Love 4
On 5/28/2019 at 3:18 PM, futurechemist said:

Goes back at least as far as the man who loved is mother not wisely but far too well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I have to say, the prophecy is not impressive. At All. "Evil will be released" and Chloe acting all scared like it's some grisly detailed account of the Apocalypse? Bitch, you're a homicide detective, you had a demon that got off on torturing people as your roommate for over a year, you fell in love with the Devil, and even your ex is a dirty cop who's murdered people. It should take more than the most vaguely worded prophecy ever referring generically to evil to make you clutch your pearls and whisper in fear.

• Love 4