Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Devil Is As Devil Does

That thought had crossed my mind, but I assume the evil will be a bit more connected to Lucifer and/or Eve.

Of course there's always the possibility of a self-fulfilling prophecy where the prophecy only happens because of something that Father Kinley does in an attempt to stop it. That happens a lot with prophecies in tv and movies.

• LOL 1

Oh, nice twist at the end with the dark wings!

Dan's a bit of a hypocrite, considering how many times he has broken the law to "punish" the guilty. He might have more things in common with Lucifer than he realises. 

Eve protecting Trixie was cute. I like that she isn't evil at all, just an adrenaline junkie.

I wonder what's coming for Maze;: too many comments about her loneliness, there has to be some pay off. 

• Love 12
(edited)
On 5/10/2019 at 8:33 AM, Helena Dax said:

Dan's a bit of a hypocrite, considering how many times he has broken the law to "punish" the guilty. He might have more things in common with Lucifer than he realises. 

A bit of a hypocrite is putting it mildly.  The man is a full on lying sack of shit.  Everything he accuses Lucifer of doing, he has done himself and he’s the one with the badge. 

I mainlined the series already, but am now sipping it more slowly through a rewatch to savor It. This thread hasn't gotten much traffic, but I hope someone will be able to answer this question to a throw-a-way prop. Where did Ella get that coffee mug with the picture of her face on all surfaces except perhaps the inside?  I'm wondering if it was a gift from Eve?

Edited by Jacks-Son
14 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Where did Ella get that coffee mug with the picture of her face on all surfaces except perhaps the inside?  I'm wondering if it was a gift from Eve?

I am sure Ella had it made, it would definitely keep other people from using it with the excuse that "I didn't know it was yours".

They made a running gag with all the cutesy T-Shirts Ella wears.

• LOL 2

With the lengths “some” people have gone to ingratiate themselves <wink, wink>, I immediately thought otherwise. Thanks. I once found a stapler at the office that looked exactly like mine but had someone else’s name on it.  When I lifted that label, I found a similar label with my name on it.  So, I know no item is safe from “borrowing”.  Especially pudding.

• LOL 4

Well with her picture on all the sides and on the bottom, it would be hard to cover that up with your own pictures. I think her mug is pretty safe from not knowing it was hers. 

On 5/10/2019 at 11:33 AM, Helena Dax said:

Eve protecting Trixie was cute. I like that she isn't evil at all, just an adrenaline junkie.

Agreed, as was Chloe thanking her for it and Lucifer vowing to protect 'the little urchin'. Trixie has been seriously underused this season.

• Love 5

It was great when Eve put Trixie behind her right away. I think they should've had a little more mentions of her being a mother too. Because she's basically the mother of everyone. 

• Love 9

Felt a bit behind, but I'm back at it!

I figured something was going to come out of them mentioning that last week's perp had an rich, evil father, and sure enough, not only is he the bad guy here, but they even got Jere Freakin Burns to play him!  Too bad it's apparently only going to be for one episode, but it's always great seeing him.

Loved Trixie going to Lucifer's crib for the first time and her "interrogating" Eve.  And then Eve protecting her when the bad guys came in.  I like that even though this seems to be setting things up for Eve to be a darker, possibly bad influence on Lucifer, she isn't a bad person, and really seems to like Chloe and Trixie.  She just hasn't quite grasp the difference between punishment and justice!

Auntie Maze going into overprotective mode was fun, but I do think Linda is right that Maze is projecting and needs to find someone she can truly bond with.

Glad Amenadial won the battle, but I wouldn't be surprised if Remy returns.

Dan was being a major jackass in this episode.  He knew full well what the father was likely going to do, so he was basically willing to let Lucifer get killed.  Boo!  And the sudden hook-up with Ella seems half-baked.

• Love 6
(edited)

This better be a wake up call for Dan, he is falling into awful habits and being a major dick, and an even bigger hypocrite. He was the dirty cop who did tons of bad shit, so him blaming Lucifer for something not even his fault is utterly ridiculous. I dont like disliking Dan, I hope this changes soon!

Trixie and Eve were cute, and I love that Eve immediately protected her from the armed gunmen. I think Eve is a good person, but is being a bad influence on Lucifer, and has not really thought much about the consequences of what she and Lucifer are getting up to. 

Wings look cool, if also really creepy! 

I dont think the baby is some anti christ or anything, but I do this he will factor into the prophesy. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
(edited)

Lucifer got shot at a few times with no injury yet Chloe was on her way up in the elevator. Does Lucifer's vulnerability only kick in when he knows she is around? 

Edited by Samwise979
(edited)
3 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Does Lucifer's vulnerability only kick in when he knows she is around? 

No, it's proximity, whether he knows she's there or not.

p.s. Sorry, that only answered part of your question.  She needs to be near him, like within the same room.  The distance has never been stated, but having seen the whole series, it's always been when Chloe was in the same room.  Or room length, outside.

Edited by Jacks-Son
p.s.
(edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 3:37 AM, thuganomics85 said:

I figured something was going to come out of them mentioning that last week's perp had an rich, evil father, and sure enough, not only is he the bad guy here, but they even got Jere Freakin Burns to play him!  Too bad it's apparently only going to be for one episode, but it's always great seeing him. 

I have loved watching Jere Burns play psychos since his 90's Lifetime movie days.

Erik Stocklin actually plays creeps pretty well as well and I look forward to see his career unfold playing them.

I have thought Lopez looked like a grown-up version of Trixie since I first laid eyes on her in this show and it really, really squicked me out to see her hook-up with Dan. EWW!!! On the other hand, though, the show does seem to be writing Ella like an actual adult now so it's not as squicky as it could have been for me.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

I thought for sure Lucifer was either lying to Chloe and hadn't checked for his wings yet, or that they were gone and he couldn't bring himself to tell her. Didn't imagine that his wings had changed - nice twist!

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, tennisgurl said:

I dont like disliking Dan, I hope this changes soon!

I actually think Dan's arc since the move to Netflix has been really interesting. 

I'm not really a fan of prophecy. Where did it come from? Did he translate it wrong? It's just a guess. 

I don't buy Lucifer = evil because the first three seasons of the show were clear in showing that he punishes the guilty. Or why evil will be "released". Dude, the world of men released evil at the beginning of time. I hope it's completely wrong, though the wings indicate something is going on. 

I suppose I can buy that killing Cain maybe threw things off, but he's not really human per se and was trying to kill him. One could argue it was self defense. 

If Amey's theory is correct, Lucifer could be suffering fallout from killing him and brought it on himself. The devil face didn't just return until Cain taunted him. 

I wonder if Eve shielding Trixie was scripted or the actor's choice.

I know the actor playing Chloe gets a lot of flak but she pulls off some great reaction shots off Lucifer. It's hard playing the straight role. 

I do like that there's been a subtle thread this season that Lucifer resents Chloe for not accepting him. I mean he took a hail of bullets in his wings for her. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 7
On 5/17/2019 at 7:50 PM, Jacks-Son said:
On 5/17/2019 at 6:36 PM, Samwise979 said:

Does Lucifer's vulnerability only kick in when he knows she is around? 

No, it's proximity, whether he knows she's there or not.

p.s. Sorry, that only answered part of your question.  She needs to be near him, like within the same room.  The distance has never been stated, but having seen the whole series, it's always been when Chloe was in the same room.  Or room length, outside.

They have been quite inconsistent with this "proximity" thing.  Remember the episode where Luci sent Chloe running off after something and he kept cutting his arm to determine if Chloe had run away far enough for his invulnerability to come back?  Chloe went a loooong ways out of the building before Luci's cut didn't draw blood. 

I can't remember if it was this episode, or the one just previous, where Lucifer makes an offhand comment that he's only vulnerable when "The Detective" is around and Eve gets an initially hurt, turning to very contemplative, turning to scheming, look on her face.  The actress who plays Eve is extremely underrated.  She's fantastic with what she does with her face and voice.

• Love 2
On 5/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, Helena Dax said:

I'm doing a full series re-watch right now (currently on season 4) and Dan still bugs me in this episode. He's being such a hypocrite and doesn't even seem to notice.

He has NO reason to judge, given that he shot a man (and almost killed him), conspired with Maze to have Chloe's father's murderer killed (he may not have been the one to do the killing but he set it up perfectly so that it would happen), and recently went on a fight club sort of spree with Maze, getting in a massive brawl under the guise of getting info from a suspect but really it was because he wanted to blow off steam and hurt someone. So he's completely full of shit. And I know it's because he's so angry about Charlotte's death, but that doesn't give him the right to judge or set someone up to be hurt or killed.

• Love 1