Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E15: 7 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

You can probably find them at the amazing and stunning Walmart.

You know, I don't think Walmart has ever stooped to sponsoring Hell's Kitchen.  They're all about Masterchef (and on the non-Gordon front, that horrible Extreme Weight Loss show).

I could have warned those guys not to cut through the back parking lot and spark one up with Dana between the press conference and the kitchen, no matter how appealing the idea sounded at the time.  You just don't have her kind of tolerance built up.

I'd actually throw down a few bucks for this calendar:

January: RAAAAW chicken!

February: Lobster risotto, sans lobster

March: Gray, med-well Wellies

April: Non-seared scallops

May: Trash bin full of wasted pasta (with someone reaching in to pull some back out)

June: Blindfolded contestant tasting peanut butter, guessing horseradish

July: Jean-Philippe sheepishly bringing a plate back to the pass

August: Gordo going full-on apeshit all up in some donkey's face (preferably Van's or Robert's)

September: Montage of various VIP celeb guests with bemused/nonplussed looks on their faces

October: (Halloween Special) Offal Smoothie! The Official Lunch of Hell's Kitchen

November: Pitifully mangled lamb chops of varying doneness and mass, meat drooping limply from bone

December: "Now fuck off out of here."

It'd be big fun to hang it on my foyer wall and eventually set fire to it.

Uncle Benzene, best.. post.. ever!

If only Gordon Ramsay had a sense of humor...

• Love 1

Offal smoothie - my favorite.

I love when Gordon tells everyone to drop what they are doing and come to the pass where he either yells about a poor dish or shows the cooks (they're certainly not chefs) a perfectly cooked wellington. Of course while they are up front every thing they are cooking is sitting unattended for the most part.

By the way, I thought wellingtons where passe - like chicken ala king. does anybody know what is served in his marvelous, amazing restaurants?

• Love 1

Ramsay is either going to have to ditch this show or stop casting imbeciles, in my opinion.

He can continue to cast some imbeciles, but he has to weed them out before we're anywhere near black jackets.  There's no credible winner this year.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just love that he bought his wife something with his winning shopping spree. I don't remember anyone ever doing that.

Cyndi bought her mother a Kitchen Aid mixer when she won the  kitchen store shopping spree.  Now that's a good daughter!

October - hen in a pumpkin, hands down.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 2
(edited)

That shopping spree was bullshit.  $1000 for three people to share at Tommy Bahama, where a men's shirt (nothing fancy) costs upwards of $125? 

Come on, show.  Splurge and give them each a grand.  It cost you more than that for Ramsey's hair pomade.

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 3

I thought they got $1000 each.

Jason is an asshole.  Melanie is dumb.  Kaisha has a snowball's chance in hell of winning although she does amuse me.  Gabriel is gone soon.

Like Rochelle, tics and all and Scott.  I think they are underestimating him.

Joy has this annoying thing she does with her mouth.  Like she's biting the inside of her jaw.

I hate "to be continued", too.  Just time for more commercials.

• Love 1
I think they are underestimating him.

I do not.  I think he's the standard fifth- or sixth-place-finisher (fourth, if I really wanna be generous) who'll make an okay run, but get booted because others are clearly better.  There's a reason his edit is as lacking in compliments as he himself is.

It's funny - I see the bad notice Scott and Rochelle are getting as having a lot to do with the fact that noisy cannonfodder like Kashia and Anton keep trying to get rid of them for fairly flimsy reasons. Something similar happened to Mary last season. Once again, though, Ramsay doesn't seem to be biting.

I guess we'll see soon enough :)

Don't think so... Ramsey said he was sending the team on a thousand-dollar shopping spree, and when they were at the store Scott was the only one holding money.  He even made a not-funny joke of the moment, saying "Don't worry ladies, I got it this time.."

Cheap ass show. 

(edited)

Don't think so... Ramsey said he was sending the team on a thousand-dollar shopping spree, and when they were at the store Scott was the only one holding money.  He even made a not-funny joke of the moment, saying "Don't worry ladies, I got it this time.."

I do recall that, but I processed that simply as the lame joke coming out specifically because none of them were paying as they prepared to leave. I don't have the recording anymore, but I don't think he was even holding money when he said it--thus the joke. They walked in the store, had a line of credit already established, so no actual money changed hands... thus the joke that he was "handling it".

I could be wrong.  For some reason I just don't think the show would do this by giving the contestants bills of any type. If they did then the show wouldn't be properly controlling the situation (and the money could just be hoarded instead of spent).  Also, if they gave them bills it would mean the show was really footing the bill, whereas if it was a line of credit then the store itself probably subsidized it in exchange for the free advertising of being on TV.

Edited by Kromm

the store itself probably subsidized it in exchange for the free advertising of being on TV.

Wow, that makes a lot of sense. When will we see the prize being a fabulous shopping spree at the Dollar Store?

(edited)

Rochelle puked b/c the toilets were so disgusting. I almost puked for hearing her DESCRIBE them as she was cleaning them. Um, NASTY.

In all fairness, if the donkeys are eating their own food, the bathrooms are probably pretty horrific...

Edited by kib
  • Love 2
It's funny - I see the bad notice Scott and Rochelle are getting as having a lot to do with the fact that noisy cannonfodder like Kashia and Anton keep trying to get rid of them for fairly flimsy reasons. Something similar happened to Mary last season. Once again, though, Ramsay doesn't seem to be biting.

Joy, Jason, and Melanie are three of the stronger chefs, and all of them have given poor confessionals about Scott, and Jason and Melanie have given poor confessionals about Rochelle.  So no, I don't think it's just the "cannon fodder" chefs who've said things about them.

And if Ramsay's accepted their nominations before, he clearly has been biting.

We disagree about Melanie. I think she's cannon fodder :)

I think we've seen Joy, at least, be quite strategic about who she nominates to send home. Kashia can be snuffling like a waterbuffalo about her screwups in service and Joy's on her side, but Rochelle has to go home because she's pensive about balancing career and personal life during prep? Cook lady, please.

• Love 4

Ya know, the way Kashia's name is spelled, why isn't it pronounced "Ka-Shee-A" or "Ka-Shy-A".....

It annoys me when the pronunciation of people's names don't match the spelling (Yes you, Brett Favre!)

I'm cursing myself for getting dragged back into this show after giving it up several seasons ago. All I know is that, after catching up on the last few episodes through OnDemand, I really want some scallops (would it be creepy of me to simply ring Anton's doorbell and ask him to whip up a batch?).

I really want some scallops (would it be creepy of me to simply ring Anton's doorbell and ask him to whip up a batch?).

Tell him you were gonna ask him to make you a pizza but then realized you wanted a good pizza and went with the scallops instead. That'll set him off.

• Love 1
(edited)

Haha--maybe. Then I'll ask him to bring it to me on a tiny bike. I think he's a really nice guy and his dog is a sweet little sweetie.

I'm confused (or at least all over the place) episode-wise; I saw the one that recapped his elimination, then watched a few from the beginning on YouTube through AppleTV but it was an annoying small square in the middle of the screen (framed by a still of Gordon Ramsey spitting fire), so I gave up and watched a few OnDemand so I missed a bunch in the middle. I keep thinking whatever OnDemand one I watched two days ago is the most recent.

Edited by TattleTeeny

God, I hate this show.  It is such a set-up, absolutely unfair, already a done deal.  I hate the producers, and the contestants, and Gordon.  Why don't they just kick everyone except Joy and Keshia off?  Then they can go for each other's throat instead.

Well... that was... interesting?

I noticed when Gordon yelled out the first entree orders, Wellingtons was part of it and he said "6 minutes to service!"

What happened to needing 14 minutes to cook the Wellingtons?

What a fricken' train wreck.

Big advert for the calendar on HK on FB. You can buy it here: http://shop.fox.com/detail.php?p=577680&ecid=SMM-FOX-00251&pa=SMM-FOX-00251.%C2'> It's a 2015 calendar.

I have a question for anyone in the profession. You look at people like Marco Pierre White, GR, Wolfgang Puck, even Emeril. How does a young person these days become a serious, high level chef? Do you still have to go to Europe? I know that many older chefs didn't go to culinary school, but I don't know if you can replicate there success these days without it. Maybe. We see good chefs on Top Chef, but they aren't household names, or even necessarily at the highest rated restaurants. Do you have to be on a show these days to make it big?

I guess what I'm asking is, if I wanted to be a new Puck or MPW, could I set my mind on it and do it (assuming I had the skill and talent) or is it more dependent upon luck as to who gets placed in the best restaurants? We see the quality of cooks on HK. We know some of them dream of being fine dining chefs, or at least several steps up from where they are now, but you know it ain't gonna happen for most of them. Why? They didn't go to the right schools or have the right summer jobs in France? I'm very curious about how this whole thing works in real life because it looks like a lot of aspirants have their hopes dashed.