Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Actions have consequences, even on this show. Nice that Gerald is feeling remorse, but it's way too late for him. Kinda hate how there's probably not going to be a huge reason he went troll.

Not expecting Cartman's evolution to stick. Like Butters, I'm gearing up for the inevitable horror movie homage episode.

I don't think Gerald felt much remorse, more worry that he'd get caught.  It's all fun and troll games until your anonymity is blown.  I kinda hope Sheila is the one who knows Gerald is the troll.  Or Tweek.  That would be random enough.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I don't think Gerald felt much remorse, more worry that he'd get caught.  It's all fun and troll games until your anonymity is blown.  I kinda hope Sheila is the one who knows Gerald is the troll.  Or Tweek.  That would be random enough.

I was just coming to say this. Gerald isn't feeling remorseful, he's just terrified of the legal shitstorm of culpability in that athlete's suicide. And unless he's drinking Member Berry wine, the only reason for him going troll is that he thought it was funny to stir the pot and get people upset.

I'm really hoping that the consequences of his actions are severe...hell, I'm rooting for Sheila to divorce his troll ass when all is said and done.

Edited by Spartan Girl
23 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

And then he could fall for Liane. And Season 21 gets really, REALLY intense for Kyle and Cartman.

I'm still convinced that the "Eric is the kid of ex-Bronco Tenorman" story is a lie.  Leanne is his dad…and Sheila is his mom.  He and Kyle are half-brothers.  #justmytheory

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was just coming to say this. Gerald isn't feeling remorseful, he's just terrified of the legal shitstorm of culpability in that athlete's suicide. And unless he's drinking Member Berry wine, the only reason for him going troll is that he thought it was funny to stir the pot and get people upset.

I'm really hoping that the consequences of his actions are severe...hell, I'm rooting for Sheila to divorce his troll ass when all is said and done.

To me, it's starting to look like a spoof of Hillary's email fiasco, complete with a suicide that's going to be pinned on him (i.e. Vince Foster)

4 hours ago, niklj said:

I know that it's part of the joke, but do they ever explain WHY Mr. Garrison doesn't just drop out of the race if he doesn't want to be president anymore? 

First episode of the season, Garrison said he couldn't drop out because then he'd look like a jackass. Now I guess they won't let him drop out.

• Love 1

I´m having trouble believing that danes would know anything about trolls, since their country literally has no mountains, and almost no hills. But I guess that says something about the accuracy of the plot in general, when that is the most far-fetched idea.

• Love 1
On Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 0:04 AM, TyranAmiros said:

I loved the fields of Member Berries with their "Member the 80s" vs "Member the 90s"--i.e. Trump (symbol of 80s capitalism) vs Clinton (90s).  Competing nostalgias!

I feel like South Park was referencing something in the Heidi/Cartman subplot, but I can't figure out exactly what.

I'm with you on Heidi/Cartman.  Cartman seems to be engaging in an actual relationship and all the other boys have just been dumped. 

I don't know if one has anything to do with the other.  Just makes me think I'm missing something.

Does it have to do with technology.  That society connects through social media and not face to face anymore?  

I don't know.  This show has always been too smart for me.  In a good way.  Enjoying the ride this season.

Does anybody care about the veep debates? Also, I think there's going to be another debate with the big guns on Sunday. But I don't think Matt and Trey are basing much of their material on those like I thought they would.

On 10/3/2016 at 0:24 PM, Spartan Girl said:

So no new episode this week?  Boo.

The scheme of airing 10 new episodes over 13 weeks per year is ridiculous.  Itd be one thing if the show was still in its prime, but the quality has fallen so much after "You're Getting Old . . ." that it's not even worth it anymore.

I was watching a rerun of this.

When they pulled up from Randy and the Member Berry pie to show Earth and then back down to Denmark about the trolls, something occurred to me.

I suddenly recalled that Earth is an intergalactic reality show.    Then I started wondering if that is what can tie everything together.  Its as good an explanation as any or giant douche vs Turd Sandwhich being the candidates.  Maybe the member berries were introduced to the planet because they want to reboot the TV show Earth because their ratings were higher in the 80s or 90s. 

• Love 2

I have to watch all of these again (and the first episode for the first time - I was out of the country and the only American TV station they had was CBS - boo), and maybe the first episode will have more of the member berries and I could be wrong, but the whole time I was watching this episode, I kept thinking that the berries voices reminded me of something else and it finally came to me! ... Now I may be the only one who thinks this, and I also may be the only one who might remember the reference - and I wouldn't blame you - but the member berries sound to me similar to the cockroaches from "Joe's Apartment" who used to talk Joe (Jerry O'Connell) into doing things. It turned out well in the end, but it didn't start out as such as the cockroaches didn't always have the best advice and they were somewhat meddlesome. Of course more likely it is coincidence, but I enjoyed the walk down memory lane (What can I say. I'm an Entomologist. I thought "Joe's Apartment" was cute. I also thought Jerry O'Connell was extremely brave/a good sport/ etc. because even I get the creeps thinking of working with all of those cockroaches, and I like bugs.)

By the way, when is the next episode? These cliffhangers are driving me crazy.

Of course the WOW nerd is a troll. And sure, Gerald doesn't think he's a troll, he's in it for the lulz. Why am I not surprised that the creator of TrollHunt did NOT think it through that anyone could search for anyone with it?

The girls got to Charlotte, too?! Goddamnit, I was hoping Butters would escape from this unscathed. Now shit's getting serious. At least Tweek x Craig is still a thing.

So "Dicks Out" is how you protest the new National Anthem? It all makes sense.

So the one time Kyle needs "I killed your parents and made you eat them" Cartman, he's out of the game. Totally a huge "fuck you" to Kyle, if not the biggest so far. Maybe tht's why he's doing this.

• Love 2

Well, I'm traumatized. Domesticated Cartman, Shelia pissing on Gerald, and Warcraft Guy? I don't know if I should delete my South Park app or demand another Emmy for the show.

TrollTracer.com doesn't lead to anything . . . yet.

Anybody getting flashbacks to the original war of the sexes episode? At least we were spared getting Ms. Chokesondick going #1 on Mr. Mackey.

• Love 2

I KNEW Gerald was going to use the "locker room humor" excuse. Getting peed on was a start but I am so ready for Gerald to get his comeuppance. Him and all those other trolls deserve to be exposed by the Danes.

Speaking of exposed, wow. All the years of abuse by his parents and peers, and getting dumped by his Canadian girlfriend finally makes Butters snap and turn the boys into an army of meninists. Not going to lie, I laughed when they dropped trou to the national anthem. Suddenly taking a knee isn't such a big deal anymore, huh?

I'm really starting to wonder about Cartman.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 1

I'm addicted to getting blind box vinyl figures. Kidrobot has done that in the past with South Park . . . most recently, "The Many Faces Of Cartman." Well, I went to New York Comic Con, and they had figures based on the upcoming game, The Fractured But Whole. They sold out pretty quickly. I wound up with Human Kite (Kyle) and Super Craig (Craig with a piece of paper with an "S" scrawled on it). Other characters you can get are Mysterion, The C***, Professor Chaos, General Disarray, Mintberry Crunch, Toolshed, Call Girl (Wendy with various mobile devices) and Captain Diabetes (poor, poor Scott). According to the website, Jimmy returns as The Bard from The Stick Of Truth.

(ETA: Forgot about Mosquito. I think Token's Tupperware-themed hero didn't make the cut for legal reasons)

What South Park bric-a-brac have you guys and gals collected over the years? Are you a herder?

• Love 1

Wow, this really is bizarro world South Park: Butters as an angry, bitter, mobilizing leader of menimists, Cartman as a smugly enlightened, super liberal Social Justice Warrior, relatively benign Gerald as one of the show's primary antagonists. I'm torn between liking and appreciating it and kind of wanting them to get things back to 'normal'---South Park's wonderfully warped version of normal, that is :)

I'm also ambivalent about the serialized format---it makes for an interesting change to see a lot of the same themes and storylines span across so many episodes like we've seen for the past couple of seasons, it allows for more depth, and fortunately it's not like you really HAVE to have seen prior episodes to understand and appreciate that week's episode. But part of me also misses the far greater variety of past South Park seasons.  I've been rewatching S7 and S8 (probably my personal favorites!), and I love the way each episode tackled a whole different topic, highlighted different characters and ideas, etc. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, amensisterfriend said:

I'm also ambivalent about the serialized format---it makes for an interesting change to see a lot of the same themes and storylines span across so many episodes like we've seen for the past couple of seasons, it allows for more depth, and fortunately it's not like you really HAVE to have seen prior episodes to understand and appreciate that week's episode. But part of me also misses the far greater variety of past South Park seasons.  I've been rewatching S7 and S8 (probably my personal favorites!), and I love the way each episode tackled a whole different topic, highlighted different characters and ideas, etc. 

You know, I just assumed that it happened because they want to tell longer stories. But it turns out I'm wrong:

It’s not like we sat there and planned things out—and in fact, it’s really interesting, we made a conscious decision last season to not plan as much as we usually do. Which isn’t much, but we usually come up with some very rough, broad ideas for a few episodes, then go, “O.K., what should we do first?”

Last season was the first time we said, “Let’s not even do that. Let’s just show up a week before the first show and go.”While we were making the first episode, we were like, “O.K., at the end of this, P.C. Principal dies, and then we’ll figure out what we do next week; it’ll be totally different.”Then we’re like, “Oh, let’s keep him around.” The next show wasn’t really related, but as we did it we were like, “Oh, we can kind of relate it this way.”

That's from just last month, shortly before this season started. So that's a little scary, that it isn't even about a huge arc. It's about setting something up and seeing what happens.

• Love 2

This felt like such a short episode, it just flew by. I´m loving this arc but it´s really difficult to wait for the whole thing to play out. Sheila pissing on Gerald was one of the most disgusting things I´ve ever seen on tv. But I love the trolls and the danes and relationship-Cartman.

No merchandise to report, but I do have an AwesomO costume:

56eaa500-0c3a-46bd-abdb-ba9b2aa95876.jpg

Here's a better picture, but I had to modify it some. Sadly, I lost the color appropriate can opener and had to go with what I had at the time. Also the costume is a little more beat up now...

awesomO.jpg

I've been told that I have the voice down pretty well. And I generally have to have a few "movie ideas" ready, because people always ask for them!

• Love 2

Probably because it was deemed to be funnier. Also, you needed the shot of Shelia in the lingerie. Well, we didn't need that image, but you get what I'm saying. No wonder Kyle wound up trying to reason with Cartman . . .his mind was shattered.

• Love 4

That was Dragon*Con in Atlanta - which is pretty huge at this point (somewhere around 65,000+ or so attending. It covers 5 hotels and another building at present). Also extremely fun. It's got so much diverse stuff going on. You can see things ranging from a talk on Forensic science (There is a straight science trak) to Anime cosplay to almost any kind of fantasy role play board game (or video game) that you can think of. My favorites are the Filking - The Brobdingnagian Bards are my favorite - the Science trak, the Whedonverse trak, the MST3000 panels, the Writers' trak (published science fiction and fantasy authors share all kinds of writing advice), the Supernatural panels, The Trek Trak, and the Battlebot battles. I used to go to the Star Wars trak for the prop building contest and the fan videos - which were great - but they stopped having those sadly. They also have an anime/Manga trak and an animation trak. My best friend is a G1 (Transformers) and there's usually a pretty good number of those fans for those panels as well.

And the dealers rooms are pretty large. Next year let me know if you're looking for something special and how much you'd want to pay, and I can see if it's available. Or if nothing else, I can pick up business cards with websites and contact numbers and such for those who have the kind of stuff you're looking for. The comics artists in attendance are usually pretty impressive also, often selling original artwork and comic sketches. Two years ago, I bought my mother some pretty awesome prints of sketches from a Godzilla comic artist. (Mom's a huge Godzilla fan). So yeah, usually 2 or 3 huge floors of dealers at Dragon*Con plus another hall full of artists. I think you'd enjoy it for the dealers rooms alone.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 1

Back on-topic . . . games count as merch, yes? Here's fifteen minutes of gameplay from The Fractured But Whole:

It's uncensored, so it's totally NSFW. "I just flushed one little shit. Now here's . . . one . . . MORE!!!"

• Love 1

Yup, Member Berries are evil. But JJ Abrams?! I liked TFA, thank you!

Gerald is officially on the low level of Walter White. His assessment of how internet trolling riles others up, directly and indirectly was pretty spot-on.

LOL the girls' horror at Cartman and Heidi, not to mention Garrison being chased by an angry mob of his followers. Wish something like that would happen in real life.

Enough is enough. I want the old Cartman back. Then let him take Gerald down, Game of Thrones style...if you know what I mean...

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2

Of course Garrison has morphed into Andrew Dice Clay. Or Reality. Either or. This was a much better alternative than the debate. Man, did I love Garrison just trying to go back to being a teacher like nothing happened. Great detail on his tan running off in the rain.

I do wonder what Cartman's endgame is. Forcing everyone to make danishes for Denmark was hilarious to see.

So JJ Abrams is responsible for this? South Park, you magnificent bastard. I also loved TFA, but I want to see where they're going with this.

2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Enough is enough. I want the old Cartman back. Then let him take Gerald down, Game of Thrones style...if you know what I mean...

He might do it indirectly. Or he knew the entire time, because Gerald is Jewish.

EDIT: Loved that Heidi was also wearing a "Token's Life Matters" shirt.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Hey, I liked The Force Awakens, even if JJ Abrams wiping his ass with a picture of George Lucas would have been less expensive.

Wow, Cartman having Heidi as a significant other is not going over well. Of course Cartman wouldn't do actual work beyond singing. It's almost going to be a shame when he'll end up losing her.

If only real life worked like it does on this show. Run, Garrison!! And notice Caitlyn doesn't have to flee. Then again, she'd just run over her pursuers.

• Love 3