Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, SeanC said:

They really couldn't resolve the whole Memberberries storyline as they originally planned to since, of course, the berries "won" when they were supposed to lose.  But the rest of the finale was fun.

Yeah, that seemed to dead end more than most.  Going from Trump = nostalgia to Trump = reactionary rage makes a lot more sense but it meant dropping what started the season as the biggest setup.  Such is the problem when trying to satirize in real time.

Speaking of which I enjoyed Gerald's vs the troll debating satire. Matt and Trey had more than a little self-critique in that I think.

Really I don't need Gerald to get his comeuppance because South Park has never really been about justice, but Cartman will need resolution. We never really understood what made him turn into a feminist (or whatever he was). I think the show would like to retcon him into doing it for Heidi (because fear of losing her is what made him start scheming again) but it isn't true. He started the season that way.

• Love 1

I was annoyed that Sheila didn't find out that Gerald was the South Park troll, but the rest was pretty awesome.  I loved Kyle & Ike involving the rest of the kids to blow up the internet, Sheila breaking out of the closet and Kyle & Ike's pissed off faces.  I kinda hope that they use their knowledge to fuck with Gerald next season.

Oh and the "first email post internet explosion" cracked me up.  Of course it involved a slur & a dick pic.  Welcome back, internet!

• Love 1

I hated this season.  I have to deal with political bullshit enough in my real life.  I watch South Park because I want to laugh.

Maybe people wouldn't "member" so much if things today didn't suck so much in comparison.  I'm talking arts, etc., not the political longings for Ronald Reagan days.

This season was just self-congratulatory and tedious.  Next.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I was annoyed that Sheila didn't find out that Gerald was the South Park troll, but the rest was pretty awesome.  I loved Kyle & Ike involving the rest of the kids to blow up the internet, Sheila breaking out of the closet and Kyle & Ike's pissed off faces.  I kinda hope that they use their knowledge to fuck with Gerald next season.

Yeah, they should totally blackmail him for the rest of his life, if nothing else.

The more I think about, the more annoyed I am that Sheila -- a woman that used to every opportunity to meddle and interfere with everyone else's lives -- suddenly had qualms about poking around in Gerald's Internet business. This was the same woman that started a war with Canada over a stupid movie, for God's sake. 

• Love 5

I think it works better with the kids knowing and Sheila not because they can blackmail him for outrageous things. 

The show has always been political to an extent, though I do like when they just have the kids do stupid stuff for no reason. Given the uniqueness of this election, they were obviously going to address it on the show, and they did a good job putting this all together.

I can see that they might want a break and just do some silly episodes, but I do hope they'll keep these open storylines going. 

• Love 2
On 12/7/2016 at 10:35 PM, Galileo908 said:

Well, as predicted, we didn't get everything wrapped up. Garrison is still president (presumably guided by the Memberberries), Heidi & Cartman are still together (but Cartman of course isn't happy with it) while Gerald got off scot free.

What happened to the Russian bombers that were about to destroy everything? I guess they were called back??

An even further complication is the boys and girls still hate each other.  The troll was never exposed, so what happens now with them??

• Love 2

Today, after the Futurama block, Comedy Central will be burning through all of the South Park Christmas specials, as well as the last two episodes from 2014. I don't think those count, but it is set around Christmas, and Santa Mr. Hankey a very special guest shows up to save the day. That's as close as Matt & Trey will get these days.

Heads up . . . to commemorate today's events, Comedy Central is running the 20th season right now. And if you miss it, don't worry . . . it's going to be run again, preceded by "Stunning & Brave" and "Where My Country Gone?"

Looking at the still of the video, I'm guessing that was filmed at Comic-Con International, because there was a similar spread outside New York Comic Con in October.

News from AV Club: Matt & Trey won't be "covering" the White House next season. While I'm willing to bet that might change, I can't say that I blame 'em. One more year of following that tornado, and the 21st season would be the last, because they will have shot themselves. Or each other. Bright side: no Mr. Garrison for the foreseeable future? I'm good with that.

This show absolutely cracks me up. I've seen some eppys more than once (or three times.) :-)

My bf does the voices and quotes many characters. My favorite is when he does the voice of "Towel-y."

I have to admit I have used , "Screw you guys, I'm going home" many times. heh with the hand gestures.

As mentioned above, "hail, Satan" by the squirrel was gold.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, ari333 said:

I have to admit I have used , "Screw you guys, I'm going home" many times. heh with the hand gestures.

My husband and I have matching "Screw you guys....." t-shirts.  He also has a "I know I am awesome and cool" shirt, and used to have one that said "Whatever!  I do what I want!", but that one wore out.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, funky-rat said:

My husband and I have matching "Screw you guys....." t-shirts.  He also has a "I know I am awesome and cool" shirt, and used to have one that said "Whatever!  I do what I want!", but that one wore out.

Ooooh I want some. How much did they cost? I ask bc I looked at getting a "Bazinga" t-shirt for my bf, but I couldn't bring myself to pay$30 for it. :-)

"I love Cheesy Poofs!"

Also, the ones with Cartman's  kitty crack me up .  

Cartman's anal probe got me hooked on the series. As I recall, that eppy was pretty early - maybe season 1.

Why does Cartman sounds southern sometimes? "Hey, Kitty, that's mah (my) pot pah (pie.)"

"Respect my authori-TAH!" still makes me laugh.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

Ooooh I want some. How much did they cost? I ask bc I looked at getting a "Bazinga" t-shirt for my bf, but I couldn't bring myself to pay$30 for it. :-)

"I love Cheesy Poofs!"

Also, the ones with Cartman's  kitty crack me up .  

Cartman's anal probe got me hooked on the series. As I recall, that eppy was pretty early - maybe season 1.

Why does Cartman sounds southern sometimes? "Hey, Kitty, that's mah (my) pot pah (pie.)"

"Respect my authori-TAH!" still makes me laugh.

They came from Casual Male/Destination XL - my husband and I are both a little on the chubby side, plus he's long through the body, and they make extra long shirts.  You can peruse their website - I think 1X is the smallest.  They're expensive, but do run sales.  We got all of the ones we have at one of their outlets - they have really cool shirts of all kinds that he and I both have a lot of and we get lots of compliments on (like the Abbey Road album cover, but with Pac Man and 3 ghosts).

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

They came from Casual Male/Destination XL - my husband and I are both a little on the chubby side, plus he's long through the body, and they make extra long shirts.  You can peruse their website - I think 1X is the smallest.  They're expensive, but do run sales.  We got all of the ones we have at one of their outlets - they have really cool shirts of all kinds that he and I both have a lot of and we get lots of compliments on (like the Abbey Road album cover, but with Pac Man and 3 ghosts).

OOOh ! Thank you!

There are so many I  don't know where to start, but I'll start.

"Screw you guys; I'm goin home." [/Eric]

"Suh-weeet."

"No Kitty! That's my pot pie!"

"Respect my author-i-tah!"

• Love 4

Cartman: " I looked in my mom's closet and saw what I'm getting for Christmas.... an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000."

To Ike: "Kick the baby!"

"MmmmKay?"  (It's all in the delivery.)

"I'm not fat; I'm big boned."

Chef: " Try my chocolate salty balls."

Chef: "Kids, don't do drugs. There's a time and place for everything.....college. "

7 hours ago, scootypuffjr said:

Finally thought of a couple you didn't get to first:

Butters: "Loo, loo, loo, I got some apples, loo, loo, loo, you got some too" "Oh, hamburgers!"

Cartman: "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive."

My husband and I had to stop saying this one to each other because our son likes to copy what we say.

• Love 3

Hahaha! My family quote The Simpsons quote often still, though we stopped watching several years ago. Now it's more "Respect mah authoritah" and "Screw you guys, I'm going home," complete with the hand gestures, of course. Also my son does a pretty good "Meeeoouueeem", if you know what I mean and I think that you do. I don't know what it says about us that all our favorite quotes are from Cartman...

• Love 3

Also can't believe I overlooked Mr/Ms. Garrison's:

"You go to hell! You go to hell and you die!" My son and I say that to each other all the time. I actually wrote that on a Christmas card to him; I knew he'd get a kick out of it and he did. Yes, we have a somewhat strange relationship, but it works for us.

• Love 2

I have to say, one of my all-time favorite line readings (since this is all in the delivery) is Cartman in Cartman Joins NAMBLA: "Well, someone's just going to have to go in there....and take one for the team!" That episode has some great lines, because I also love Cartman talking to "Hung Daddy" and saying/typing "Man, dude. This guy is tiny. He must be a dwarf. Sorry, I'm not interested in being friends with midgets. Midgets piss me off" and then Garrison's "I do not have sex with boys. I like men my own age. AHH! I mean I like women. I like titties!"

I'm also a huge fan of Randy's: "Where were you? Your mother was worried sick and I was watching TV!" and "Stan, daddy only used that word because he thought he would win money!"

And again, it's all in the delivery, but Mr. Slave all tied up and innocently asking "What's wrong Wendy? Do you need help with your math homework?" makes me laugh just thinking about it.

• Love 4

I haven't watched South Park in years but I was rewatching some of the first season today. Reminded me of a bit my friends and I quoted all the time:

Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly.

Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.

• Love 2

So I thought I'd start a thread for all the moments that made our jaws drop and think: "They did NOT just go there."

First one that comes to mind is Ike getting molested by Miss Stevenson.  It was a brilliant satire of the double standard of male and female sex offenders, but the fact that it was a toddler just makes it disturbing.

19 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Don't forget the Christipher Reeve episode. No wonder most of the characters decided to stay out of that one...

I love Krazy Kripples!  It's one of my fave episodes.

• Love 2

Nothing for me quite beats Cartman's sing-songy "I made you eat your parents!" revelation at his chili cook-off. My mouth was just as agape as the surrounding characters' the first time I saw it. One of the best.

"Mmmm, the tears of unfathomable sadness... yummy!"

• Love 5

Exposing $cieno.. Tom Cruise and Travolta. I don't know much R Kelly rumors.

Bloody Mary

Trying to drown Butters

Cartman giving a blowjob

Woodland Critter Christmas

The undercover cop with a bottom full of evidence which is expelled into a bag

Nambla

Naggers

• Love 4

Yeah, "naggers" didn't necessarily shock me, but I did laugh myself silly at Cartman's "RACE WAR!! WHITES WIN!!"

I have to say, the early season episode where "Kenny" is birthed out of the bus driver's vagina grossed me out for weeks. I still can't watch the end of that episode, despite loving the Cartman half of the storyline.

• Love 1

The guys poke fun at Ready Player One, declaring that they "can’t out-Member Berry that.”

Here's a NSFW trailer for the new season. It's all recycled stuff, with Cartman doing his own version of "This Is How We Do It." If Matt & Trey are not going to aim their sights at the White House . . . what? South Park in space? A season-long epic going back to the Game of Thrones template? If they decide not to do current events like that, I wouldn't blame them that much.

• Love 2