Type keyword(s) to search

South Park - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

ETA: Who the fuck is Lisa Berger?!?

She was in one episode. She's a special needs girl who was a cheerleader, and got boys to date her by heavily photoshopping photos of herself, and then showing the other girls how to do it.  It bothered Wendy, but she eventually relented.

• Love 1

Lisa Berger is from The Hobbit (17.10). She's the one who's pic is photoshopped by Wendy leading everyone to believe she's hot, her popularity skyrockets leaving Wendy very jelly.

It's also the second episode Kanye West appears in. One of the best episodes of the last decade.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rmontro said:

The scenario that South Park portrayed with China is happening right now with the NBA

When we hear of the Winnie the Pooh ban it seems comical, but there are real people being hurt badly by a communist dictatorship that many Americans will overlook if, like the NBA they have access to the billions of dollars. I'm glad that South Park is willing to take them on and make people aware of China's abuses. What perfect timing for this episode to come out.

• Love 4

Happy 300...thousand dollars! Gotta love Randy making an entire float advertising that. Towelie should've made Randy say "Free Hong Kong," but what we got was good enough.

Cartman squealing like a pig will never not be funny. This really did feel like a classic plot. Cartman refuses to take his shots, so he literally greases himself up and runs around like a pig. The vaccine rodeo was just a great way to escalate everything.

"What if they made Token the way he is?!" Yep, there's classic Cartman logic.

Yep, loved that punchline. Mrs. Cartman is now (gasp) artistic!

• Love 7

The visual of a greased up naked Cartman squealing like a pig and being chased by doctors was spectacular. Happy 300, South Park!

I was afraid Randy and Liane were going to hook up while getting high. Glad it didn't happen.

So Randy and Towelie made up. Let's see how long it keeps up.

If Randy is going to go Heisenberg, I think the season should end with Stan laughing hysterically while driving away from the farm a la Jesse Pinkman.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 4

Wow That was epic. Sure, we had Randy being a prick the whole episode, but that was offset by Cartman reducing himself to a squealing, scrambling piggy.

Yeah, the main theme was about the threat that vaccinations would make kids artistic autistic, and that would be enough to piss some viewers off . . . but then there's Cartman running, squealing, and occasionally greasing himself up in order not to get a shot. And then they made a damn rodeo event out of the situation. Instant classic episode.

And yeah, I was scared Randy and Liane would hook up. That would have been even more traumatic than the stuff from "200" and "201." Stan might have taken his own life. Shelly might do that anyway. She's gotten so little screen time.

Cartman packed his mom's stuff. That's a special kind of evil right there.

I wonder if Liane will still be artistic next week.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 4
On 10/8/2019 at 12:00 AM, OnceSane said:

That site is fucked up.  25% in and I'm Token Black.  How the fuck they know I'm black?

And then I end up 33% for Stan and Clyde.  I am confused. LOL

How hilarious would it have been if the opening question was to select your race "just for demographic purposes", and then if you pick black it erases all the questions and just says you're Token? That would be a pretty South Park thing to do.

I got 41% each Grampa Marsh and Clyde. Go figure.

Not a particularly big deal about 300, but that's OK. Vaccines seem like an old topic but still (sadly) topical and surprisingly they never covered it before. Liane continues to be a terribly enabling mother, but you can feel for her as well.

I did think the pig thing went on far too long, but they did it well. Lots of attention to detail at the rodeo 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I wonder if Liane will still be artistic next week

How did I miss knowing her name all these years?  Mrs. Cartman was always enough. (Back in the Barn Dance episode, how did her 'partners' address her?

20 minutes ago, Princess Sparkle said:

As long as we're sharing SP and Me results, it looks like the Marsh family runs strong in me

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.07.55 AM.png

You're 67 percent Marsh . . . and those are the sane Marshes. Congrats! Ugly Bob is on the table? Damn, that's a deep cut. Is Scott the Dick also available?

11 hours ago, Amarsir said:

How hilarious would it have been if the opening question was to select your race "just for demographic purposes", and then if you pick black it erases all the questions and just says you're Token? That would be a pretty South Park thing to do.

From what I heard, if you choose to be black in The Fractured But Whole, the game becomes harder to play. Is it wrong that I find that funny?

• Love 1
On 10/10/2019 at 12:11 AM, Amarsir said:

I got 41% each Grampa Marsh and Clyde. Go figure.

I wasn't going to talk about my SPandme results, but I got the same top two characters, except with 37% apiece.  I'm an older gentleman, so that might explain Grampa Marsh.  And Clyde is one of my favorite characters - I love his dry comments in the "Fractured but Whole" game.  So I guess it makes sense.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, enoughcats said:

How did I miss knowing her name all these years?  Mrs. Cartman was always enough. (Back in the Barn Dance episode, how did her 'partners' address her?

I only remember hearing her use her first name once - when they take Cartman to Scotland to have Kenny taken out of him.

• Love 1

26 - Mrs. Tweak

26 - Ugly Bob

13 - Stan

13 - Manbearpig

13 - Maggie Yates

6 - Michael the Tall Goth

4 - Mr Mackey

I don't know who Ugly Bob and Yates are. 

Good thing no one got the Tenormans.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
5 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I don't know who Ugly Bob and Yates are. 

Ugly Bob is from the Terrance & Phillip episode "Not Without My Anus." He showed up in Royal Pudding(?) a few years back, too.

Maggie Yates is the police chief's wife.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:32 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I was afraid Randy and Liane were going to hook up while getting high. Glad it didn't happen.

No, I was totally hoping they would make out.

I did like the appearance of PC Principal and the overall cold hard facts about getting vaccinated. This shouldn't be a topic, but it is.

I like when Randy talked about his partner, he meant Towlie and not his wife.

I love the opening theme song, and when it comes to Towlie - I got so much weed, and I don't know what's going on. It just takes out of the song.

One good thing about a three-day weekend? Camping out on the SPS site for a press release about a new episode. Five more minutes, and I would have missed the announcement of "Let Them Eat Goo."

NEW YORK, October 14, 2019 – Cartman has a heart attack in an all-new episode titled, “Let Them Eat Goo,” airing on Wednesday, October 16 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The citizens of South Park are moving toward a completely plant-based diet.  Cartman is pretty sure the new food in the cafeteria gave him a heart attack.

Don't you just hate it when the guys go for the obvious social trend, and it never occurred to you at all?

Oh, and no new episode on October 23.

• Love 3

Episode 4:

"Let Them Eat Goo"

The citizens of South Park are moving toward a completely plant-based diet. Cartman is pretty sure the new food in the cafeteria gave him a heart attack.

Airs October 16, 2019.

Lol not pulling any punches with current trends.  ICE, anti vaxxers, and now Beyond Meat.

Regarding SHOTS I still love that SP can still throw in random bits of silliness like corralling the unvaccinated kids rodeo style.

Still I wish someone had read Liane the riot act about every terrible thing Cartman has done.  Preferably Kyle even though no one would take him seriously and accuse him of just giving another speech.  At least she didn't let him take a toy out of the toy chest.

• Love 1

Everyone getting high off Tegridy Burgers was hilarious. But fuck you, Randy, I like the Impossible Burgers.

LOL Cartman saying "fuck you, Wendy" every time he got resuscitated.

Randy and Towelie getting high and killing cows shouldn't have been funny, but it wasn't as gruesome as Pooh at least.

Of course Cartman would be okay with it when he found out it was all processed food.

• Love 2

Why didn't I put two and two together when I saw the plot that the "impossible meat" was gonna be made out of Tegridy?! I also loved that the Incredible Meat guy was Daniel Plainview. I was waiting for the "goo" to turn out to be like Soylent Green. Well...I wasn't wrong, really. Cartman wasn't wrong, either.

"You just got pwned by a towel."

Yeah, it was the girls protesting lunch that gave Cartman heart attacks and not, you know, all the meat the cafeteria serves. It only took the show 23 years to finally let this happen to Cartman?

"It tastes like shit."
"Yeah, it's plant-based."

Yeah, can't believe it took Randy this long to branch out into edibles.

"What about my Incredibly City Chicken?!"

Oh yeah, I LOVED Randy and Towelie getting high and shooting all the cows.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Shotgunning cows shouldn’t have been funny. And yet it was. I guess getting them to form a cult and jump off a cliff would have stretched credibility.

Is the goo man based on someone? I think There Will Be Blood, but I never watched that movie.

Seriously, does the teacher have a name? Watching her on the verge of full-on Hasselhoff was hilarious.

I had an Impossible Burger a few weeks ago. It tasted like a “normal” burger, which meant the goal was met. No, I do not eat shit. 😜

No episode next week. I’m guess we’ll get a Halloween episode on October 30. And maybe Matt & Trey will work in the epic dance on the stairs from Joker.

• Love 2
On 10/15/2019 at 3:23 PM, funky-rat said:

I was disappointed when she took him home without the shot.  I was hoping for a hard line anti-anti-vaxxer story.  😔

He decided to get the shots at the end, but we never saw how she convinced him to take them.

As for a lot of plant based food being crap, if you compare the nutritional information of the Whopper with the Impossible Whopper, they're surprisingly similar.  The IP is just a shade healthier, but it certainly wouldn't be considered health food.  Serves its purpose for people who don't want to eat meat for moral reasons though.  IIRC, it doesn't qualify as vegan (as they said on the show), but it is vegetarian.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, funky-rat said:

Huh - I must have missed that.  I just recall him seeing his mother was "artistic".

They never showed him actually getting the shots, but the doctor told him it was his turn after Liane got them, and he seemed completely calm and cooperative about it.  I suppose he could have flipped out and started running around like a pig when the time actually came, but I didn't get that kind of vibe.  He had apparently at least agreed to get them.

Of course, after he saw his mother become artistic, he might have changed his mind.

3 hours ago, Eataton said:

I like how they were quoting Lebron's exact words. They must have edited parts of the show pretty late cause he just said that stuff a few days ago.

South Park is pretty famous for not coming together until the last minute. During major elections they're able to put references in the next day. It always impresses me how they get it done so quickly. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Amarsir said:

South Park is pretty famous for not coming together until the last minute. During major elections they're able to put references in the next day. It always impresses me how they get it done so quickly. 

My comment probably sounds pretty lame to all of the veterans of the show. I just started watching this season. My local library has all of them from season 1 so I guess I've got about 150 hours to watch now. Then at least I'll know what everyone is talking about here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Eataton said:

My comment probably sounds pretty lame to all of the veterans of the show. I just started watching this season. My local library has all of them from season 1 so I guess I've got about 150 hours to watch now. Then at least I'll know what everyone is talking about here.

Well then let me just say that I hope Randy was careful with the Tegridy Burger Buns so that his customer’s dicks don’t fly off.

(You’ll get that one around hour 110. 🙂  )

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Cartman running around (repeatedly) "like a little piggy" will join a very few moments in TV humor that I can rewatch an infinite number of times.

(Example: WKRP in Cinncinnatti Thanksgiving Episode: "as God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly". 

• Love 4
On 10/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Everyone getting high off Tegridy Burgers was hilarious. But fuck you, Randy, I like the Impossible Burgers.

Are they any good? I'm not really a beef guy so I wouldn't know.

On 10/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, Eataton said:

You got work to do then!

Towlie is my roommates from grad school that literally smoked all the time. They were really good at Turok.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:53 AM, rmontro said:

As for a lot of plant based food being crap, if you compare the nutritional information of the Whopper with the Impossible Whopper, they're surprisingly similar.  The IP is just a shade healthier, but it certainly wouldn't be considered health food.  Serves its purpose for people who don't want to eat meat for moral reasons though.  IIRC, it doesn't qualify as vegan (as they said on the show), but it is vegetarian.

Yeah you going to Burger King, and looking for 'healthy' options? You're not really though. I mean, it's better for the environment overall, but I did like the point the goo man was making - you're going to eat shitty food, you might as well eat mine. The reason I never tried an impossible burger is I actually cook.

I'm going to slightly object on stadium food though. Some of the ballparks have really good stuff.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

you're going to eat shitty food, you might as well eat mine. The reason I never tried an impossible burger is I actually cook.

I tried being veggie for about six weeks until I gave it up.  I don't do well on restricted diets, where there are things you're not allowed to eat.  Anyway, I read something about all the "fake meats" that are available.  It basically said that you were defeating the purpose of eating natural foods, because all that stuff is processed.  I noticed I was drifting toward the veggie bacon and the veggie burgers, so I thought I might as well just eat the real thing.

• Love 2

Definitely a much better episode than last week and a lot of fun.  I enjoyed the There Will Be Blood homage.  Cartman having a heart attack was pretty funny and color me surprised that he actually was on the same page with everyone else at the end.

• Love 3

Episode 5:

"Tegridy Farms Halloween Special"

It’s Halloween and Randy is dealing with his daughter’s marijuana problem. Butters gets an unexpected surprise when he visits the Egyptian Artifact exhibit at the Denver Museum.

Airs October 30, 2019.