Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

That might be a lot of work for the mods to cover.  Most of the forums on Primetimer I've seen, combine older seasons into one thread.

Yeah I just meant a board for each season, not for each episode.  

2 minutes ago, Realee said:

Yeah I just meant a board for each season, not for each episode.  

That's what I thought you meant.  Having been a mod elsewhere, I know it can be a lot of work for no pay and constant complaints.  We tend to be a wild bunch as it is in this forum.  I say give the mods a break. 🙂

1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

They have been on Pluto for over a year and this has worked so far 

Agree. 

2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

That's what I thought you meant.  Having been a mod elsewhere, I know it can be a lot of work for no pay and constant complaints.  We tend to be a wild bunch as it is in this forum.  I say give the mods a break. 🙂

Agree. 

Understood.  🙂

Thanks!  I’ve just been watching the earlier seasons and I want to find out what people said about such and such or so and so. 

I have the pilot on an old VHS tape and don’t have CMT and so this is the first I’ve been able to watch the actual show because of CBS All Access.  I wouldn’t have even known about that had Kelli not mentioned it on her twitter feed.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Realee said:

Thanks!  I’ve just been watching the earlier seasons and I want to find out what people said about such and such or so and so. 

I have the pilot on an old VHS tape and don’t have CMT and so this is the first I’ve been able to watch the actual show because of CBS All Access.  I wouldn’t have even known about that had Kelli not mentioned it on her twitter feed.

YOU HAVE THE TWO HOUR PILOT????????????  

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 11/13/2020 at 2:09 AM, Lona said:

Good grief I had forgotten how much time was spent on Malena and Victoria in Season 13. It dragged down that season so much .... 😡.

Then again that season gave us Bridget, Hannah, and Brennan finally making the team so I guess you can say I have a love-hate relationship with it 😂.

As far as Malena, I thought that was a real ethical fail on Kelli’s part.  Anyone who would quit a full time professional university job to be a part-time cheerleader isn’t dealing with reality.   She should have been let go the minute she mentioned that.

• Love 10

As far as Malena, I thought that was a real ethical fail on Kelli’s part.  Anyone who would quit a full time professional university job to be a part-time cheerleader isn’t dealing with reality.   She should have been let go the minute she mentioned that.

But in Kelli's reality, you do whatever you have to do to make DCC

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

IKR!!!!!!!!!!

She must find a way to digitize it for the rest of the class!

Yeah I do. I’ve been thinking about getting one of those VCR converter thingees.  I’m afraid my old VCR is going to start eating my tapes.  Not to mention that it’s 15 years old.  God I can hardly believe it!

• Love 2

Yeah I do. I’ve been thinking about getting one of those VCR converter thingees.  I’m afraid my old VCR is going to start eating my tapes.  Not to mention that it’s 15 years old.  God I can hardly believe it!

DO IT!!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

But in Kelli's reality, you do whatever you have to do to make DCC

You know what they say, all that’s req’d for evil to triumph is to say “it’s business”.

That said, I love the show, even though it’s full of contradictions.  One being that it showcases a completely woman-run, woman-centered POV about women who are competing to be perform as sex symbols for slave wages.

Arggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, Realee said:

You know what they say, all that’s req’d for evil to triumph is to say “it’s business”.

That said, I love the show, even though it’s full of contradictions.  One being that it showcases a completely woman-run, woman-centered POV about women who are competing to be perform as sex symbols for slave wages.

Arggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

We are empowering women - they have jobs and attend college - and "WTF do you mean you can't make an appearance cause you have class??"

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, Realee said:

Malena and Courtney (former Buccs cheerleader) BLEW MY MIND.  They quit hard to get career positions for this nonsense.  Courtney made it very clear that DCC was her priority, and she wouldn't likely get blacklisted after resigning, especially if she gained some relevant experience in a DCC spoon fed doctor's office job.  Malena?  Academia has a long as hell memory and that type of position isn't open often.

At least Courtney made the team and Kelli/Judy IMO made it pretty clear they were going to help her get on the squad to make it worth her while, but Malena?  Dear God.  They needed to get real with her real quick like they did with Shelby a few seasons back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

We are empowering women - they have jobs and attend college - and "WTF do you mean you can't make an appearance cause you have class??"

We do everything possible to keep the cheerleaders in amateur status (low pay, part-time status) and then we are appalled an angry when candidates have the audacity to say they’re using DCC as a stepping stone.  

How dare they!  The gall!

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Malena and Courtney (former Buccs cheerleader) BLEW MY MIND.  They quit hard to get career positions for this nonsense.  Courtney made it very clear that DCC was her priority, and she wouldn't likely get blacklisted after resigning, especially if she gained some relevant experience in a DCC spoon fed doctor's office job.  Malena?  Academia has a long as hell memory and that type of position isn't open often.

At least Courtney made the team and Kelli/Judy IMO made it pretty clear they were going to help her get on the squad to make it worth her while, but Malena?  Dear God.  They needed to get real with her real quick like they did with Shelby a few seasons back.

Exactly, job in higher-ed, in sports, with benefits, pension plan - I’m like noooooooooooooooooo.  Definitely not Kelli’s best moment. 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:31 PM, 88Keys said:

Season 12, guest choreographer Michelle.  "If you're going to be thicker, bring it up."  

What on earth does that mean?

There’s so much of this, meaning instructions that really could mean anything.   I forget which choreographer it was that said “I teach really fast because then we spend more time actually dancing.”

This is like the IT guy that shows up and someone’s desk and does things extra fast because he loves making people feel stupid.

• Love 1
On 5/23/2019 at 11:42 PM, scorpio1031 said:

My favorite snark is from the two hour special when they made fun of Trisha Trevino saying she would take her uniform home and wash it.  I can't remember the question!!!  Was it something about how much does the uniform mean to you?

I looked up Trisha’s twitter account in April.  At that time this genius was doing the whole ‘pandemic is no worse than the flu’ dance, you know the one that’s gotten tens of thousands of people killed.

3 hours ago, Realee said:

I looked up Trisha’s twitter account in April.  At that time this genius was doing the whole ‘pandemic is no worse than the flu’ dance, you know the one that’s gotten tens of thousands of people killed.

I feel like there's a decent subset of former cheerleaders that are also anti-vaxxers.

18 hours ago, kalibean said:

Also Shelbi (don't recall what season) quit her FT job and never made the team.  She got married, is a photographer and is expecting a baby. I think someone here said her family had money or she married a guy with money.

• Useful 1

Season 4 on Pluto right now...  I think it’s sweet how excited Mia’s sister is when she comes out after making it to finals    I wonder if Kaimie would have made the squad if she had been in training camp the entire time 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, dariafan said:

Season 4 on Pluto right now...  I think it’s sweet how excited Mia’s sister is when she comes out after making it to finals    I wonder if Kaimie would have made the squad if she had been in training camp the entire time 

I believe that even if Kaime would have been present through the entire training camp, she wouldn’t have made it. She seemed to really struggle once she was in that room, and more than just learning the dances. I remember Kitty praising Kaime’s solo at finals and calling her a rockstar, but ripping her apart (rightfully so) during her session in training camp.

When Kaime came back in Season 5, she was even worse. Especially during the kickline at semi-finals. I found it off putting that her fan club waiting outside was in disbelief that she didn’t make it to finals - it was like she fully expected to walk on the squad that year.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I believe that even if Kaime would have been present through the entire training camp, she wouldn’t have made it. She seemed to really struggle once she was in that room, and more than just learning the dances. I remember Kitty praising Kaime’s solo at finals and calling her a rockstar, but ripping her apart (rightfully so) during her session in training camp.

When Kaime came back in Season 5, she was even worse. Especially during the kickline at semi-finals. I found it off putting that her fan club waiting outside was in disbelief that she didn’t make it to finals - it was like she fully expected to walk on the squad that year.

I'm glad she gave up after season 5 and moved on to other things.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Early seasons : did the group leaders not watch their groups and help them out ?   

The purpose of group leaders is to support & teach their group. Those sessions aren't recorded so we haven't seen them. The earlier seasons often showed TCC being called into the office with their GL...kept everyone in the loop. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyMoon said:

The purpose of group leaders is to support & teach their group. Those sessions aren't recorded so we haven't seen them. The earlier seasons often showed TCC being called into the office with their GL...kept everyone in the loop. 

Or even the season with Ashley Paige. She didn’t improve certain moves and I was sitting there asking why hadn’t her gl seen that.  And if they  did, did she just not understand ?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Or even the season with Ashley Paige. She didn’t improve certain moves and I was sitting there asking why hadn’t her gl seen that.  And if they  did, did she just not understand ?

Kind of like Melissa R in Season 1 - she wasn't doing the Pac man arms and she made it all the way to Meet the Team before anyone noticed.  At least, they corrected her right then and there.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, dariafan said:

Some things just aren't fixable in such a short timeframe, especially when leaders are responsible for their entire group. Ashley Paige's problems went deeper than a simple misunderstanding of movements and placement. Her style overall was stiff and uncomfortable, which either: A) takes months or years of classes to unlearn and adjust or, B) just isn't fixable when you're in your mid-to-late twenties.

Ultimately, I think her long term in training camp in season 8 had to do with K&J deciding if her other qualities outperformed her uncomfortable style.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, realityjunkie771 said:

Some things just aren't fixable in such a short timeframe, especially when leaders are responsible for their entire group. Ashley Paige's problems went deeper than a simple misunderstanding of movements and placement. Her style overall was stiff and uncomfortable, which either: A) takes months or years of classes to unlearn and adjust or, B) just isn't fixable when you're in your mid-to-late twenties.

Ultimately, I think her long term in training camp in season 8 had to do with K&J deciding if her other qualities outperformed her uncomfortable style.

Agree 100%. I think there was even a segment where Judy commented on Ashley not doing anything wrong, but it not being pleasant to watch her.  I really think they gave Ashley every chance to overcome her stiffness because everything else about her was spot on.  She looked absolutely fabulous in that uniform.

• Love 4

Watching the Ashley Paige season now. I didn't particularly care for her at auditions. She seemed to me to be thinking that she'd cheered for KC for several years DCC would bend over backward to have her on the squad so her style/moves/performance was perfect...

• Love 2

Pluto in the background, the epi where they colored Lauren's hair from canary yellow to brown, it looked soooooooooo much better. Every time I see it I think the blonde chick Jennifer from Halcyon, could've used the same hair treatment. She struck me as so nasty & her hair looked no better. If anything it was worse bc she's a hairstylist! They were so unnecessarily rude to these ladies sometimes...

Also, same epi watching Courtney talk to the lady at MFF about her food dislikes always makes me laugh. She was such a doll... :-)

Edited by TB12
added name
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Pluto in the background, the epi where they colored Lauren's hair from canary yellow to brown, it looked soooooooooo much better. Every time I see it I think the blonde chick Jennifer from Halcyon, could've used the same hair treatment. She struck me as so nasty & her hair looked no better. If anything it was worse bc she's a hairstylist! They were so unnecessarily rude to these ladies sometimes...

Also, same epi watching Courtney talk to the lady at MFF about her food dislikes always makes me laugh. She was such a doll... 🙂

I understand Loren wanting to stay blonde, but that shade was not good 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, TB12 said:

Also, same epi watching Courtney talk to the lady at MFF about her food dislikes always makes me laugh. She was such a doll... 🙂

Jennifer from Halcyon kind of rubbed me the wrong way sometimes.  I think that was the same episode where she made a comment about veteran Veronica's weight... just stick to giving hair advice, Jennifer!

I also liked Loren's hair better once she went brunette, before her makeover she was a blender.  Maybe there were a bunch of blondes on the team that year, but she definitely popped once she went darker.

I also have Pluto on in the background, I'm watching S11 auditions and spotted future DCC's Miranda and Hannah at semi-finals!  Edit: Hannah was in the "bad kicks" montage at finals, I'd never noticed that before.

Edited by aeroluv327
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I also liked Loren's hair better once she went brunette, before her makeover she was a blender.  Maybe there were a bunch of blondes on the team that year, but she definitely popped once she went darker..

I loved her new color too. Kelli has done it on the past with girls that are blonde or light brunette were blenders. Loren, Jordyn K, Leah M, Stephanie L, Cortney S,  all had their color changed and looked so much better after the makeover. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I loved her new color too. Kelli has done it on the past with girls that are blonde or light brunette were blenders. Loren, Jordyn K, Leah M, Stephanie L, Cortney S,  all had their color changed and looked so much better after the makeover. 

Yeah, I generally think the color changes that they make are good. One exception is Emily hit first training camp. I thought the color that they gave her almost looked grayish. I thought she looked much better the next year that she returned for training camp. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, I generally think the color changes that they make are good. One exception is Emily hit first training camp. I thought the color that they gave her almost looked grayish. I thought she looked much better the next year that she returned for training camp. 

Which Emily?

15 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Which Emily?

emily roslyn, the mavs dancer with the crazy eyes. seasons 8 and 11

17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

THAT COLOR WAS SO BAD

also someone needed to tell her to stop with the eyeliner

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 3

Still think Emily Roslyn put all her nerves and tension in her face.  A lot of people, whether they know it or not, have one spot where they show their tension the most.  For some, it's their shoulders, neck, or back (as in posture).  For others it's their face, their lips, their hands (clenched), etc.  For Emily, she showed ALL her nerves and tension in her face, especially the eyes and the mouth because she would open her eyes too wide (and all the eye makeup didn't help) and clench her teeth while smiling.    Someone really needed to sit down with her and tell her she did NOT need all that dark eye makeup (the eyeliner, the heavy-duty mascara, the eye shadow and whatever else she slapped on) to bring attention to her eyes.  Give her a good makeup tutorial and go from there.  If she paid attention and changed the makeup, I think she could have focused on other things.  However, the fact that Kelli mentioned to lighten up on the eye makeup (among other things) and she didn't change it one whit makes me think she ignored it which isn't a good thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

However, the fact that Kelli mentioned to lighten up on the eye makeup (among other things) and she didn't change it one whit makes me think she ignored it which isn't a good thing.

I don't think Kalli Fullerton or Breelan ever lightened up on their eye makeup either

• Love 1