Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Ok, this is a wishing question. Are there any electronics nerds on the board who can figure out how to record Seasons 1 and 2 from Pluto? There's got to be a way, surely....

According to the Wikipedia list of veterans/rookies per year, yes. She was a rookie in 2007 season, and a vet in 2008, and her name is gone after that. 

Thank you ! 

I’m glad we are getting some new commercials on Pluto.... lesmills almost has me signed up for body pump again 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Thank you ! 

I’m glad we are getting some new commercials on Pluto.... lesmills almost has me signed up for body pump at gain 

I just saw (Well heard cause I was on a different tab) a commercial for a car dealership about a half hour from me.  How does Pluto know where I live?!

Does CMT tell the TCCs to say "Thank you for the opportunity." to Kelli and Judy when they're cut? Seems like EVERYONE that's cut says it and that it's "scripted".  And just like that Pluto repeats the Brittany D'Alesandro (sp?) cut twice in a row.

I absolutely could NOT stand Kitty Carter.  I'd wind up doing or saying something I'd regret later.  That woman.....

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does CMT tell the TCCs to say "Thank you for the opportunity." to Kelli and Judy when they're cut? Seems like EVERYONE that's cut says it and that it's "scripted". .

I think it is what K & J expect them to say because it's polite and proper and all that.  If they want to have a chance to make the squad in the future, they better behave.

Season 2 is on now...man, I feel bad for Meghan Flaherty.  Judy said "Meghan is one who will always struggle."  So why did they keep bringing her back to training camp?

And can anyone tell me why Kelli hates curly hair so much?  It seems like most of the curly-haired girls get the "stripper" comments from her.

Edit:  OMG, they just called Melissa into the office and chewed her out because she's not bringing her A game...when she has Mono.  Good Lord.  

Edit again: WHY exactly do they have to jump out of a plane to be a DCC?

Edited by 88Keys
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Edit again: WHY exactly do they have to jump out of a plane to be a DCC?

Product placement.

I wonder if declining to do the parachute jump played into Kelli's decision to cut anyone?

Side note:  I grew up around airplanes and my Dad was a pilot from as young as I can remember but I WILL NEVER EVER jump out of an airplane!!!!! HELL TO THE NO.

Added something.
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Product placement.

I wonder if declining to do the parachute jump played into Kelli's decision to cut anyone?

Side note:  I grew up around airplanes and my Dad was a pilot from as young as I can remember but I WILL NEVER EVER jump out of an airplane!!!!! HELL TO THE NO.

I don’t think it was a factor bc the whole team didn’t get chosen to go 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

According to a blog on the old, old DCC website, the girls signed up if they were interested in an activity with CMT.  They had no idea what it was until the Golden Knights walked in.  That's why Megan Fox looks like she is going to be sick:)

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

According to a blog on the old, old DCC website, the girls signed up if they were interested in an activity with CMT.  They had no idea what it was until the Golden Knights walked in.  That's why Megan Fox looks like she is going to be sick:)

Ah gotcha!

Watching the season 3 makeover episode. It's the first practice after makeovers and Kelli says something about the girls "feeling glamorous for the first time in their life" lol like really Kelli? Yeah I'm sure it was the first time these beautiful girls felt glamorous because they finally got DCC makeovers...

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, 88Keys said:

And can anyone tell me why Kelli hates curly hair so much? 

And then she has Paige wear her hair curly in the rookie year, and it looked like an old lady style.  But yeah, I wish she'd explain why Brandi's hair was "stripperish."

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

And then she has Paige wear her hair curly in the rookie year, and it looked like an old lady style.  But yeah, I wish she'd explain why Brandi's hair was "stripperish."

It makes no sense....Nicole ...Chantel...Courtney...I don't recall her ever giving any of them the "stripperish" comment and they all started with and kept their curls.  I thought Brandy's curly hair was gorgeous and I'd love to have that curl in my hair!!

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought Meghan F.  got the "stripper" comment too, but I could be wrong.  

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

I thought Brandy's curly hair was gorgeous and I'd love to have that curl in my hair!!

I agree.  If mine were as consistently defined as hers I wouldn't be straightening mine.

Just now, 88Keys said:

I thought Meghan F.  got the "stripper" comment too, but I could be wrong.  

Maybe, I don't remember that.  The only "stripper" comments I remember are Brandy's hair & nails looking stripperish, "I'm a stripper I'm a slut" about Christina's solo, and "stripperish" as a reply to when Kelsey L said her solo costume was "military-ish".

• Love 2

Random observations Season 5 on Pluto: 

• "We need to talk about where we are" = you're getting cut
  • "What we saw.....doesn't fit" = you're getting cut
  • Stephanie Heyman just made it because she was Brooke's friend
  • It was cruel to make the squad wait until Squad Photo to know they made it.
  • Pluto rant:  I thought we had some new commercials and now they're back to the same old distasteful ones.
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Random observations Season 5 on Pluto: 

• "We need to talk about where we are" = you're getting cut
  • "What we saw.....doesn't fit" = you're getting cut
  • Stephanie Heyman just made it because she was Brooke's friend
  • It was cruel to make the squad wait until Squad Photo to know they made it.
  • Pluto rant:  I thought we had some new commercials and now they're back to the same old distasteful ones.

The favoritism is blatant after watching this whole series several times through. Stephanie fluctuated in weight all season but was somehow given a chance more than others. 

I’ve  never understood how they didn’t realize they made the squad when they were taking a SQUAD PHOTO. But who knows what Judy and Kelly told them. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Anduril said:

I’ve  never understood how they didn’t realize they made the squad when they were taking a SQUAD PHOTO. But who knows what Judy and Kelly told them. 

That's right up there with the season where Kelli announced the squad @ the dance studio and she had to keep "sitting here telling you stupid things because I have nothing else to say" (what season was that anyway??)  She said "after I tell yall you just made the (whatever year) squad" and the girls just sat there dumbfounded.

can't spell today
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

That's right up there with the season where Kelli announced the squad @ the dance studio and she had to keep "sitting here telling you stupid things because I have nothing else to say" (what season was that anyway??)  She said "after I tell yall you just made the (whatever year) squad" and the girls just sat there dumbfounded.

Season 6, 12 minutes into episode 8 

S06E08.jpg

The vimeo file I referred to no longer exists. Watch it on youtube in stead here from 96 secs into the clip: 

Edited by PaulM
Changed a link
  • Love 1

Who thinks that if Kelli hadn't cut Kaitlin LeGrande (2011) last minute that Makenzie Lee Weeks wouldn't have made it? 

Too cute! I had forgotten about KELLI getting down on the floor to show the girls how to pose for the squad photo!

I can't type tonight
On 1/15/2020 at 11:33 PM, 88Keys said:

WHY exactly do they have to jump out of a plane to be a DCC?

Idk but I always thought it was hypocritical of Kelli to say Megan Flarety was a poor division maker for injuring herself on a mechanical bull but skydiving or that other dead drop activity they did was just fine. 

5 hours ago, dariafan said:

Alyssa Torres bugs me.  At semis she said she was tired and wanted a nap. At cameos she wanted to go wear it home and take a nap.   I wonder what she was like on the squad 

Didn’t she only do one year and got cut for weight?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

Idk but I always thought it was hypocritical of Kelli to say Megan Flarety was a poor division maker for injuring herself on a mechanical bull but skydiving or that other dead drop activity they did was just fine. 

I thought she rode an actual bull? 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Who thinks that if Kelli hadn't cut Kaitlin LeGrande (2011) last minute that Makenzie Lee Weeks wouldn't have made it? 

IMO Kelli loved Makenzie, the only way she wouldn't have made the team would be if she was heard making fun of how Kelli walk in heels 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Alyssa got cut for a bad interview (or at least that's what we saw).  I can't remember exactly what her question was but they gave her a dressing down for not knowing the answer and she seemed genuinely embarrassed.  It was a little shocking that she got cut because her older sister Ashton was a senior vet and is one of the ones that they have come back to give feedback as an alum, they really like Ashton a lot.  I think Alyssa just thought she had it in the bag because of her sister but she blew it!  

And yes, that was an actual bull that Meghan rode and broke her jaw before her third (?) audition.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Anduril said:

Funny how Whitney didn’t get cut over blackface but others were cut for party pictures. But I guess it’s ok because she “didn’t know”.  🙄

Until I was watching her rookie season on Pluto, I had forgotten that she got asked about racy Facebook photos in her panel interview!  She definitely made some poor decisions but not only did they keep her on the team, she was point.

I think if the same thing happened today, they'd cut the girl immediately.  At least I would hope!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

Alyssa got cut for a bad interview (or at least that's what we saw).  I can't remember exactly what her question was but they gave her a dressing down for not knowing the answer and she seemed genuinely embarrassed.  It was a little shocking that she got cut because her older sister Ashton was a senior vet and is one of the ones that they have come back to give feedback as an alum, they really like Ashton a lot.  I think Alyssa just thought she had it in the bag because of her sister but she blew it!  

And yes, that was an actual bull that Meghan rode and broke her jaw before her third (?) audition.

It was a bad interview and weight from what was shown. Kelli said she would look dynamic 10 pounds lighter and mentioned that she fluctuated over the year.  Then, there was the interview where she said that she doesn’t think we’ll off the top of her head or something like that.

I definitely think that she would’ve made it if Ashton had returned, but since she retired, Alyssa lost the “sister bonus.”

• Love 3

The whole Alyssa thing was just...odd. She seemed to have an irritable almost "I've got this locked" mood about her throughout what I saw. IIRC, she was asked a question in her interview (it may have been Brenda, yikes) and Alyssa said something like, "Well, I don't think very well on my feet." and Brenda (or whoever it was) said, "You're representing the Cowboys and need to be able to react quickly." Alyssa didn't recover well from that but if it was Brenda who asked, she can be pretty fierce, as Kat well knows from her experience. Then Alyssa looked flabby on the Jumbo Tron. She had to have known that those two things are what got her cut but she seemed surprised.

Whitney's L'il Wayne mistake was not intentional (IMHO) but it was oh so wrong and yes, she should have been cut. That's such a lack of good judgment that I wouldn't have kept her around for fear of what else she might do in terms of being an ambassador risk, regardless of how good of a dancer she was. But the climate in which she did it was laxer then and I'm guessing either Kelli or Judy went to bat for her to keep her around.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

It was a bad interview and weight from what was shown. Kelli said she would look dynamic 10 pounds lighter and mentioned that she fluctuated over the year.  Then, there was the interview where she said that she doesn’t think we’ll off the top of her head or something like that.

I definitely think that she would’ve made it if Ashton had returned, but since she retired, Alyssa lost the “sister bonus.”

Yeah Alyssa was part of Charlotte asking Kelli what she was feeding the vets in the off season group.   And after she was cut told the camera she thought she had a good year.  So she was showing that complacency Kelli hates 😆

• Love 1
12 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Until I was watching her rookie season on Pluto, I had forgotten that she got asked about racy Facebook photos in her panel interview! 

She really needed to re-think her choices in Halloween costumes!  Wasn't this a picture of her wearing "caution tape" as a costume?

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What is the point of CMT filming Kelli walking across the dance studio with her purse in her hand and shutting off the light at the end of the episode (1004)??

And while wearing street shoes

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And while wearing street shoes

Is that dance floor the same material as a gym floor? I can't tell.  Do street shoes damage dance floors?

Oh good grief!!! While I was working on this post I was watching the current episode on CMT (1006).  That Megan girl that quit because of her "anatomy class" (as an "offensive move" when she could see that K&J were about to cut her) should NEVER have been taken into Training Camp. Is she the only person that's ever done something like that? I've lost track.

changed some wording
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Is that dance floor the same material as a gym floor? I can't tell.  Do street shoes damage dance floors?

Depending on the shoes, you can scuff or nick the floor or you can bring in dirt, oil, etc.   It was a discussion on one of these threads at one time.

• Useful 1

I get so sick of Judy saying "the game is right around the corner" ALL FREAKING TRAINING CAMP!!!!!!!!

When the squad has a rehearsal at the stadium are they responsible for getting themselves to/from the stadium or do they meet at The Star and carpool/ride a bus?

Added something.

In the current episode on Pluto (1008) did Kelli have to pull both Kinzie AND Ashley from the Oxnard performance? And is it me or does Mary speak in a robotic way?

What year did redheaded Rachel Lunsford tear her ACL in training camp?

Added something.

Oh good grief!!! While I was working on this post I was watching the current episode on CMT (1006).  That Megan girl that quit because of her "anatomy class" (as an "offensive move" when she could see that K&J were about to cut her) should NEVER have been taken into Training Camp. Is she the only person that's ever done something like that? I've lost track. 

Megan supposedly auditioned with a friend and the friend didn't make it. Maybe she felt she was in over her head and needed an out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

And is it me or does Mary speak in a robotic way?

I was never a Mary fan, she was always a "who's that?" to me.

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Megan supposedly auditioned with a friend and the friend didn't make it. Maybe she felt she was in over her head and needed an out.

Yep.  Regardless of how time intensive Kelli says it is, I don't think you can realize what it's like until you're actually there.  Maybe she chose telling Kelli/Judy when she did because she was scared to approach them & then got the opportunity once she was in the office.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Thank you!  I remember seeing Victoria now.  Just didn't realize who I was seeing. I've seen other pics of Sam that look similar to the screenshot is probably why I recognized her faster.

Side note: How'd you find that post to quote so fast?  I'd probably still be hunting for it.  Thanks again.

Added something.
27 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Thank you!  I remember seeing Victoria now.  Just didn't realize who I was seeing. I've seen other pics of Sam that look similar to the screenshot is probably why I recognized her faster.

Side note: How'd you find that post to quote so fast?  I'd probably still be hunting for it.  Thanks again.

On the page listing topics, I put Sam Finglass in the search engine, narrowed the parameters to this forum and hit search.  It was on the first page so I lucked out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2