Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

I'm pretty sure Shelly told us that yes, the team pays, the girls are not responsible.

Thank you -  this is what I was looking for - I thought Shelly had responded but just couldn't remember the answer!  

10 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

Whenever that song comes on, I replace “Vegas” with other towns like Boise, Chico, Ogden, etc. to up the glam factor. 🤣🤣

It is difficult to beat the glam factor of Ogden, but because it is seriously the favorite song of one of my favorite posters, you can also substitute B-Y-T-O-R! 😜

(not the "meet me in" part -- just the chanting!!)

Sorry ByTor, but I can't be alone in having this stuck in my head all day, yah!?!😲😖

Edited by PattiD4DCC
  • LOL 4

Season 3? I think is on now. I remember this vet vs rookie football game sooo well, I have seen this episode a hundred times 10 years ago 😂 

Its so odd how these episodes seem like they were soooo long ago but it really wasn’t. It feels like early 2000s but it’s like 2009 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Watching Mackenzie Spicegood tell Sydney to use ankle weights and then down the road Brittany Evans tell Mackenzie Lee to use them for her kicks and Kelli telling her not to ..... ahhh the benefits of constant binging and rewatching 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Watching Mackenzie Spicegood tell Sydney to use ankle weights and then down the road Brittany Evans tell Mackenzie Lee to use them for her kicks and Kelli telling her not to ..... ahhh the benefits of constant binging and rewatching 

And in season 12 Taryn told Kelli she was using ankle weights to help improve her kicks, and Kelli told her not to.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Watching season 4 now; have never seen it before. Those Minchew sisters were something else; so shitty they took two spots (even though Kaime was brought back to fill one of them).

Love seeing Jackie Bob as a newbie! She's always so poised and confident; it was odd to see her learning and unsure of herself. I just adore her.

Got a good chuckle out of the training unis; so plain in the beginning and now they're so blinged out. CMT started writing big checks for fake crystals by the time I started watching in 2015.

Judy was so much more vocal back then; doing counts, giving corrections and critiques etc., sometimes it feels like she's Kelli's PA. 

The lady that opens the door before office chats scares me. Cheryl is so much more pleasant. 

Pet peeve: if they cut girls for not knowing NFL hierarchy, they should cut girls for not saying Dallas CowboyS cheerleader. Does my head in everytime I hear it.  Don't know if I read it here or it was on the show, but I recall someone saying "you're not cheering for one cowboy"! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Spooky said:

Watching season 4 now; have never seen it before. Those Minchew sisters were something else; so shitty they took two spots (even though Kaime was brought back to fill one of them).

Love seeing Jackie Bob as a newbie! She's always so poised and confident; it was odd to see her learning and unsure of herself. I just adore her.

Got a good chuckle out of the training unis; so plain in the beginning and now they're so blinged out. CMT started writing big checks for fake crystals by the time I started watching in 2015.

Judy was so much more vocal back then; doing counts, giving corrections and critiques etc., sometimes it feels like she's Kelli's PA. 

The lady that opens the door before office chats scares me. Cheryl is so much more pleasant. 

Pet peeve: if they cut girls for not knowing NFL hierarchy, they should cut girls for not saying Dallas CowboyS cheerleader. Does my head in everytime I hear it.  Don't know if I read it here or it was on the show, but I recall someone saying "you're not cheering for one cowboy"! 

Don’t know if you got to see when they announced the team, but it’s my favorite team announcement. The girls literally had no idea she was announcing the team. They were all so surprised! Season 4 was my favorite season. Lovely group of ladies who could dance well! 

I think Jordan Baum (season 3) was asked in her interview if it was the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. Can’t remember if she said she didn’t know or if she said Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. I honestly had never thought about it until I saw that episode. I just know she didn’t answer correctly but she still made the team. 

Edited by Pksbena1
Added to post.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lah715 said:

Boy how far some fall ... watching finals for season 7 and Kelli thought Chelsea could be a 50 yard line girl LOL!!!! 😂

Chelsea also said she'd stay "forever" LOL.  Little did she know!

ETA:  How STUPID was she to be a smart ass about her weight gain with CMT filming?  She bitches on camera how it is not maintainable, and said the snotty "not fat, heavy" (which got a chuckle from Danielle, I wonder if that little moment made Kelli tell her that she was supposed to have been cut that year). Then she yells about "the fatties" in the parking lot.  After rewatching that mess I don't really blame Kitty for snitching to Kelli.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Then she yells about "the fatties" in the parking lot.  After rewatching that mess I don't really blame Kitty for snitching to Kelli.

Chelsea, Danielle and others (cannot recall names) also did a video and posted it of them sitting in bed eating chips singing some fattie song.  Don't know if they got in trouble for that or not.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Chelsea also said she'd stay "forever" LOL.  Little did she know!

ETA:  How STUPID was she to be a smart ass about her weight gain with CMT filming?  She bitches on camera how it is not maintainable, and said the snotty "not fat, heavy" (which got a chuckle from Danielle, I wonder if that little moment made Kelli tell her that she was supposed to have been cut that year). Then she yells about "the fatties" in the parking lot.  After rewatching that mess I don't really blame Kitty for snitching to Kelli.

So interesting to hear a different take.  While Chelsea's actions were definitely dumb, I loved that series of scenes because it really exposed Kelli and co. for exactly how backward their standards were/are.

Being put on weight warning for looking like any of those young women is pretty much asking them to engage in ED's, and all of Chelsea's snotty little comments were dead on.  She was just stupid for voicing them, but she wasn't wrong.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, An Offt said:

While Chelsea's actions were definitely dumb,

And reflected her immaturity.  All she had to do was say something that indicated she knew she was over the limit and would work on it.   Mocking  TPTB is never funny to them.

• Love 5

Good nutrition can be very challenging in light of the many delicious items out there, but if my job depended on it, I don't think following a paleo style diet and minimizing my booze intake is that freaking awful.  Starving oneself?  No.  But following a 1500-1800 calorie a day diet full of protein, healthy fats, fruits and veggies is an achievable goal for most of us IF WE WANT IT.  And if you've got more money than time, Snap Kitchen (and My Fit Foods before Snap basically killed them) is a big help.

Eating disorders are very serious business, and I know many women engage in disordered eating...I'm no different.  But in today's world, it's easier than every to not eat like a trash can.  She called them out on their shit, and some were adults and took steps to fix it and other whined to the camera.  Chelsea is the worst.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, An Offt said:

Being put on weight warning for looking like any of those young women is pretty much asking them to engage in ED's, and all of Chelsea's snotty little comments were dead on.  She was just stupid for voicing them, but she wasn't wrong.

I 100% agree with the bolded part.  She was soooo fat that they had to use last year's cameo?  Seriously?  She was teeny tiny & I guarantee she looked even smaller in person.  I recently saw an episode during which they were doing the body fat thing and one TCC was a little over 28%.  The woman there (I think she was a doctor?) told her she's a tad over normal but healthwise that is nothing to worry about, and Jay had to chime in with "But that's a tiny uniform they have to fit in, we need to lose that!!!"  She looked perfectly fine in the practice shorts & would have been fine in the "iconic" shorts.

ANYWAY...I don't disagree with the message, and it wasn't even necessarily a stupid thing to say it's "not maintainable," it was just the forum she said it in.  That was something that she should have discussed privately with Kelli, but I think she was more interested in snotting off trying to make her friends feel better.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I don't think following a paleo style diet and minimizing my booze intake is that freaking awful.  Starving oneself?  No.  But following a 1500-1800 calorie a day diet full of protein, healthy fats, fruits and veggies is an achievable goal for most of us IF WE WANT IT. 

This!  I watched a YouTube thing with a ballet dancer who needed to lose a couple pounds.  Of course she burned calories from dancing and extra workouts, (she liked to hike), diet-wise she was able to get her ballerina body eating 2,000 calories a day, but she was super careful with everything she ate and did not drink alcohol with the exception of maybe a glass of wine a week.  You could eat a lot more with low calorie options (lean meat, fish, lots of vegetables) and you will NOT be starving.

• Love 1

The first time I did Whole 30, I lost a bit of weight but insane inches...it's amazing how bloating some foods can be.  For me, grains and dairy are big old belly puffers.  Beer?  Can't do it.  So instead of having some insane nutritionist telling them they're getting cellulite from diet soda, they should have a registered dietitian walk them through elimination diets to see if they can pinpoint trigger foods.  Talk about what a plate full of 500 calories of veggies/fruit/lean protein looks like vs. 500 calories of a big glass of wine and a protein bar, etc.

These gals don't make pro athlete money, of course, but it's not uncommon for pro athletes to eat one way during the season and a wholly different way off season.  Not all of them, of course, but sometimes you need to be at peak form and sometimes you can go on a weekend brewery tour.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dariafan said:

Season 9 on now.   Again those twins are annoying.   Think very highly of themselves 

You should have seen them on The Bachelor/Bachelor in Paradise 🙄

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I saw season 1 for the umpteenth time, but I just noticed something for the 1st time.  When they were having the pool party with the "ungrateful" Meghan, did anyone else get the feeling the girls were laughing at, not with, Yoshiko?  The giggling when she asked "what does that (yee haw!) mean?" was bad enough, but I felt a HUGE mean girl vibe when they pushed her on the inflatable pool thing and basically said "now go away" followed by 2 of them high-fiving each other & laughing.  

• Love 2

Another Pluto comment, this time season 2  Disclaimer...I think Jay is full of crap to begin with.  They did the body fat scan thing, and he said the average body fat of a DCC is 12%, and Erica was told she needs to "get lean" at 16.9%, yet in another season Ashley Kelly was told she needs to gain weight at 15%.  Annoying.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I saw season 1 for the umpteenth time, but I just noticed something for the 1st time.  When they were having the pool party with the "ungrateful" Meghan, did anyone else get the feeling the girls were laughing at, not with, Yoshiko?  The giggling when she asked "what does that (yee haw!) mean?" was bad enough, but I felt a HUGE mean girl vibe when they pushed her on the inflatable pool thing and basically said "now go away" followed by 2 of them high-fiving each other & laughing.  

Yesss. Fake syrupy sweetness but dripping with snark. That whole pool party bit annoys me. Meghan probably just didn't want to get her curls wet and the other girls are acting like a mom with a toddler like, "You wanna get in the nice little pool, sweetie?"

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, phylogeny said:

Meghan probably just didn't want to get her curls wet and the other girls are acting like a mom with a toddler like, "You wanna get in the nice little pool, sweetie?"

Oh yeah, the "Meghan, you wanna go in the pool?" sounded SO fake!  Maybe she saw what mean little middle-schoolers they were being and she didn't want to be involved in that.  And I don't think she'd dare squeal to Kelli & Judy, they probably would accuse her of making excuses.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Another Pluto comment, this time season 2  Disclaimer...I think Jay is full of crap to begin with.  They did the body fat scan thing, and he said the average body fat of a DCC is 12%, and Erica was told she needs to "get lean" at 16.9%, yet in another season Ashley Kelly was told she needs to gain weight at 15%.  Annoying.

That 12 percent “average” Jay was always spewing seemed like garbage to me.  According to medical guidelines, the level of “essential fat” for a woman is around 13 percent for the body to function normally.  Most of the DCC look like they’d be around the 15-17 percent range, which is thin but healthy and pretty typical for conditioned athletes (bodybuilders and distance runners tend to be lower).  So, no, I’m not buying that the average DCC is 12. 

59B563EA-18B6-4933-A5DB-D0898124A9D7.jpeg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Well the doctor told her to gain weight.  Jay had to jump in with a we can’t have that (paraphrased—- I don’t have it committed to memory!  I don’t !  )

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Well the doctor told her to gain weight.  Jay had to jump in with a we can’t have that (paraphrased—- I don’t have it committed to memory!  I don’t !  )

Yep, he said that about the one who was like 28%.  He's ridiculous.

• Love 3

Does anybody conflate that Pluto Dramas for Her commercial with Debbie Allen’s speech in “Fame”? I keep expecting Kathy Bates to say, “You want a different family, a different life? Well fame costs. And right here is where you start paying — in sweat!”

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Does anybody conflate that Pluto Dramas for Her commercial with Debbie Allen’s speech in “Fame”? I keep expecting Kathy Bates to say, “You want a different family, a different life? Well fame costs. And right here is where you start paying — in sweat!”

It does sound very similar! Both inspire me to then get on a horse with some cute dude and ride away...🤣

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Great post @Jazzhands!  Ashley Kelly at 15% looked like she was too tiny to have room for internal organs, no way in hell is the "average" (obviously meaning some even lower) 12%.

Thanks, ByTor!  It was only through discovering the reruns on Pluto TV that I remembered how much I couldn’t stand Jay.  A lot of the garbage he spewed was not only inaccurate (i.e., soda causes cellulite) but potentially dangerous like that body-fat percentage nonsense.  The military fitness tests were absurd, too — you get more benefit from doing ten pushups with proper form than 60 lousy ones, but he was only concerned with putting up the best numbers.  I’ve always thought that all of that stuff was made up for the show rather than any true benefit for the DCC/TCC. If you want them to learn healthy eating habits, bring in a nutritionist, not this clown or paid product placement (looking at you, My Fit Foods). 

TPTB should be looking at the women in terms of actual fitness (do they have the strength, flexibility, and stamina to do the job?) and appearance (do they look good in the uniform?), not irrelevant numbers.  I’m sure that I’ve got a lower body fat percentage than Brittney Schram did while she was a DCC for example, but no one alive would think I’d look better in that uniform than she did! 

Sorry for the long rant, but as a former dancer who lost a friend to a heart attack when we were 19 due to the damage she had already done to her body from an eating disorder at that young age, I get really offended by Jay’s garbage and I’m glad he’s not featured any longer. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

The military fitness tests were absurd, too — you get more benefit from doing ten pushups with proper form than 60 lousy ones

And by the mid 200s everybody knew that doing those sit-ups are a back injury waiting to happen.

4 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

Sorry for the long rant, but as a former dancer who lost a friend to a heart attack when we were 19 due to the damage she had already done to her body from an eating disorder at that young age, I get really offended by Jay’s garbage and I’m glad he’s not featured any longer. 

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that, that should never happen 😞 

• Love 2

I was watching the semi -finals with Mia Greenhouse, Rachel Buckmaster ... One thing I noticed was there was a vet at the front - off to the side - doing the choreography along with the girls - as their guide. This was during the actual judging (she wasn't teaching).

I had not noticed that before. Does this still occur?

15 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I was watching the semi -finals with Mia Greenhouse, Rachel Buckmaster ... One thing I noticed was there was a vet at the front - off to the side - doing the choreography along with the girls - as their guide. This was during the actual judging (she wasn't teaching).

I had not noticed that before. Does this still occur?

I think it was Jennifer Colvin this year since it was her choreo.  I know I saw a pic but who knows where:)

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think it was Jennifer Colvin this year since it was her choreo.  I know I saw a pic but who knows where:)

Thanks. I knew they taught the girls - but I never noticed that they help them by leading them during the actual judging. Makes sense that they do. Just never noticed it. This particular year all the girls were looking off to the side to follow the vet. 

I somehow ended up on Taylor BreAnn Lowery's Instagram and have to ask a question. Do a person's pupils naturally look that small? Or is it contact lenses? What happened to her eyes???

Or is this a new thing that I, as an old bat, have never heard of?