Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Just watched Kaitlin LeGrand's cut again...and I still wonder...why did it take them so long to cut her?  They were cutting girls for the least little thing...and they kept her up until almost the very end. 

I think their motherly selves took over for a bit... but if she had no help and trying to lay for school and go to school, she didn’t need to try and be a dcc 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

I wonder if Kitty has changed her opinion on Gina?  I know I sure have...I really did not like her during her rookie season, but she has grown on me over the last two years.  I would almost dare to say, she has become one of my favorites on this current team (Brennan holds the top spot though) .  For certain, she is one of the strongest dancers on the team. 

I felt like Kitty was just being a mean girl in her evaluation of Gina.  She said she thought she was stuck-up and had "resting bitch face."  K and J said they had never gotten any negative comments about Gina from the other girls.  Kitty- "I think she has the resting bitch face and you need to tell her to cut it out."  ???  Cut WHAT out?  I agree that Gina seemed confident and maybe a little full of herself, but it does take confidence to make the squad.  As long as she was getting along with the other girls, I don't see the problem.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I felt like Kitty was just being a mean girl in her evaluation of Gina.  She said she thought she was stuck-up and had "resting bitch face."  K and J said they had never gotten any negative comments about Gina from the other girls.  Kitty- "I think she has the resting bitch face and you need to tell her to cut it out."  ???  Cut WHAT out?  I agree that Gina seemed confident and maybe a little full of herself, but it does take confidence to make the squad.  As long as she was getting along with the other girls, I don't see the problem.  

I bet Kitty was toxic when she was on the squad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, dariafan said:

I think their motherly selves took over for a bit... but if she had no help and trying to lay for school and go to school, she didn’t need to try and be a dcc 

I think that perhaps they heard more than what we did on camera and felt that perhaps that DCC was a safe place for Kaitlin to be where they knew where she was and what she was doing. But once she missed a practice and couldn't tell a coherent story about why they realized that they couldn't/shouldn't help her as she needed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Just watched Kaitlin LeGrand's cut again...and I still wonder...why did it take them so long to cut her?  They were cutting girls for the least little thing...and they kept her up until almost the very end. 

Kaitlin made show group her rookie year as an 18 year old...so I think their mothering instincts took over, plus she was a solid cheerleader.  Good teammate, normally on time, kept her figure, etc.  And then as a 19 year old, she just started struggling to balance everything.  Her arrest record later is a matter of fact, but it was also rumored that she was dating a super butthead that dragged her into things she might not have gotten into on her own.  

• Useful 3
3 minutes ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

I'll second this thought. In my personal experience with those around me, those who are projecting and preaching out the ass about any given topic will most likely be one of the biggest hypocrites. 

Exactly.  If they go after you, it draws attention away from what they are doing.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Confidence is a great quality. Acting like a child and getting away with it is not. Of course, we've never had that happen, have we?

...are we still talking about Gina?  Because I don't remember her acting like a child.  

• Love 2

Don't know about Phil but Amy Simone (Auto Amy) made Training Camp her 5th year auditioning.  She never came back after being cut.  However, she did go on to dance for the Warriors for a year before leaving for good.  If I'm wrong about the number of years she danced for the Warriors, please correct me.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Don't know about Phil but Amy Simone (Auto Amy) made Training Camp her 5th year auditioning.  She never came back after being cut.  However, she did go on to dance for the Warriors for a year before leaving for good.  If I'm wrong about the number of years she danced for the Warriors, please correct me.

Nope...you're spot on...5 years of auditions, 1 time in TC, and 1 year with the Golden Warriors...which was a shame...she was awesome on that team!! 🙂 (I really liked Amy)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Nope...you're spot on...5 years of auditions, 1 time in TC, and 1 year with the Golden Warriors...which was a shame...she was awesome on that team!! 🙂 (I really liked Amy)

After she retired she dropped off social media for awhile. She's back on IG again but doesn't post much. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

After she retired she dropped off social media for awhile. She's back on IG again but doesn't post much. 

Yeh I've seen that...I've continued to follow her 🙂

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I have a question about this picture.  When I click on it and see the tags there's one lady (the redhead) not tagged.  Is that Meredith Oden? 

Yes that's her.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Watching episode 710 when Jordan Daigle missed the bus.  Did they say something about a halftime performance that game or was I hearing things?  I thought Jordan got to dance the pregame then had to sit out the 4 quarters and there wasn't a halftime performance for that game.

Watching Episode 711:  How many cheerleaders besides Sydney Durso have cheered more than 5 years during MTT?  Wondering why Cassie Trammel didn't go for more than 5 years.  Injuries? Team dynamics? Thoughts?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
5 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching episode 710 when Jordan Daigle missed the bus.  Did they say something about a halftime performance that game or was I hearing things?  I thought Jordan got to dance the pregame then had to sit out the 4 quarters and there wasn't a halftime performance for that game.

Watching Episode 711:  How many cheerleaders besides Sydney Durso have cheered more than 5 years during MTT?  Wondering why Cassie Trammel didn't go for more than 5 years.  Injuries? Team dynamics? Thoughts?

I believe Trisha Trevino did 6 years, didn't she? Jenna did 6 years as well, and look how well that turned out!

• LOL 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Cassie had four knee surgeries (two in 2012) and wasn’t doing kick line by the time she retired, plus she was pregnant.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cassie had four knee surgeries (two in 2012) and wasn’t doing kick line by the time she retired, plus she was pregnant.

And she still made the team.  No one else would've been extended that grace.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Anduril said:

And she still made the team.  No one else would've been extended that grace.

That's for sure.

It's been speculated that's why Kelli, Judy, & Charotte changed their minds and brought Danielle back for  her 2nd year. Otherwise they might have gotten accused of favoritism for Cassie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That's for sure.

It's been speculated that's why Kelli, Judy, & Charotte changed their minds and brought Danielle back for  her 2nd year. Otherwise they might have gotten accused of favoritism for Cassie.

Danielle was also in party mode, WW,and had to adjust to NYC vs DFW culture lol. Kelli love Dcc getting two jets girls from NY but then when there was a little bit of culture clash she got mad for a minute. Rem the pearl clutching when Danielle suggesting being a (cocktail) waitress. Kelli was terrified she’d have a DCC working at Hooters or whatever. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Rem the pearl clutching when Danielle suggesting being a (cocktail) waitress. Kelli was terrified she’d have a DCC working at Hooters or whatever. 

Yes. Danielle said she could handle herself but Kelli didn't want her doing that kind of job. She told Danielle to email her resume and she'd take a look at it (probably help her find a job). Kelli also did the same for Courtney Danielle when she quit her sales job. Kelli obviously wanted both on the team and was willing to help. Now when Shelbi and Kyndall quit their jobs she  didn't seem to care because she knew neither was going to make it

• Love 5
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Danielle was also in party mode, WW,and had to adjust to NYC vs DFW culture lol. Kelli love Dcc getting two jets girls from NY but then when there was a little bit of culture clash she got mad for a minute. Rem the pearl clutching when Danielle suggesting being a (cocktail) waitress. Kelli was terrified she’d have a DCC working at Hooters or whatever. 

I could totally have seen Danielle as a Hooters gal; she always gave off that kind of vibe (which is why I’d guess Kelli clutched her pearls extra hard)! Kelli wanted to clean her newest fav up… too bad Danielle never quite polished up the way that most of the DCC do.

• Love 2

The talk behind Colby’s back about her face and allegations she was face-filled with fillers/Botox had to have Colby feeling some sort of way. Although I saw what they meant, I was imagining how she felt watching that back. Kelli did eventually ask her. Believe it was something she did with her lips. She seemed very sweet! 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

The talk behind Colby’s back about her face and allegations she was face-filled with fillers/Botox had to have Colby feeling some sort of way. Although I saw what they meant, I was imagining how she felt watching that back. Kelli did eventually ask her. Believe it was something she did with her lips. She seemed very sweet! 

It was clear Kelli just didn't like her. IMO she didn't have to ask her that on camera (maybe in private). Kelli also made sure to tell her she ONLY made TC because of the fan vote. Kelli was also pretty crappy to Jackie ( the last FV winner) as well.

• Love 7

When people barely make the squad and get cut at finals the next year .... they always seem so surprised   Breelan you shouldn’t have made it to begin with.   And these people on season 10 that are told they haven’t improved since auditions but are begging to stay 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

It was clear Kelli just didn't like her. IMO she didn't have to ask her that on camera (maybe in private). Kelli also made sure to tell her she ONLY made TC because of the fan vote. Kelli was also pretty crappy to Jackie ( the last FV winner) as well.

It was inappropriate and I was embarrassed for Colby she seemed shy and to realize her family and friends saw all of that. I can’t recall Jackie. Sure she didn’t fit their description of what a DCC is too. 

• Love 5
On 2/16/2020 at 7:43 PM, Meleighsa said:

ShellyB mentioned somewhere else that she was retired.  I can't remember the mascot's name, but ShellyB included that info in her post.  She did add that the costume was an authentic DCC uniform.

I had wondered for a long time whatever happened to 'texie'... glad for the info...however, I did find that mascot just a tad on the creepy side I must admit! Maybe that's just me and/or a select few, but I gotta day she creeped me out a bit!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 4:10 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Does anyone remember what the reason for her cut was?

I was thinking it was for her kicks, but may be wrong. Isn't she the one who said, "I am not Gumby, I am Barbie" or something like that? I actually like her & some people also refer to her as "truck Taylor" I believe...

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Agreed! I'm sure that made  Colby feel even worse. And no, as some have said, KF did NOT hide her disdain for Colby

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/2/2020 at 12:12 AM, dariafan said:

Vivian is just so full of something.  Herself.  Poo. I don’t know what 

Full of 'herself' yes!  oh and full of poetry! Lol

Edited by dccstar7
  • Love 1
On 2/21/2020 at 9:33 PM, aeroluv327 said:

As I'm watching the past seasons on Pluto, I was thinking...

... what are your favorite "milestone" episodes each season?  Preliminary auditions?  First meeting/rehearsal?  Makeovers?  Announcing the team/first game?

I personally love seeing finals.  I love seeing the interviews.  Who could forget the girl who didn't know what a political party was or Kelsey for saying there were 50 yards on a football field?  I love seeing solos and field performance.  What veterans showed up out of shape?  It's also been fun to spot some girls who tried out years ago who have since made the team or training camp.  I'm watching season 11 right now (I think?  Tasha, Milan, Yuko and Madeleine made the team) and have spotted Miranda, Hannah, Taryn and possibly Taylor P. at finals.

I remember seeing Kelli Q.a few times in the 'audience'.. and didn't KF say something about/to the effect of: "how did we pass u up all of these times"?

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, dccstar7 said:

I remember seeing Kelli Q.a few times in the 'audience'.. and didn't KF say something about/to the effect of: "how did we pass u up all of these times"?

Kelli was on 3 pro teams before she made the DCC. That's how long she had been auditioning for the DCC.

• Love 1

Season 2 Sophia Swan.  She had a great attitude and was there to have fun.  I like her.    I wish more could be like her.   Victoria who is going to get cut cause she didn’t get help from Jay was already crying In her chair before the judges even came back.  Don’t like her.   

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Season 2 Sophia Swan.  She had a great attitude and was there to have fun.  I like her.    I wish more could be like her.   Victoria who is going to get cut cause she didn’t get help from Jay was already crying In her chair before the judges even came back.  Don’t like her.   

Her big sis told her to call Jay, K&J told her to call Jay, but noooooo - she could do it herself blah blah blah

And yes, loved Sophia:)

Miranda - I can let this go now.  LIAR!!!!! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Gripe #1: I am watching Season 5 on Pluto right now...and Charlotte's comments about the "more mature" dancers who auditioned needing to move on to their next passion, is just hateful.  They have more moxie getting out there and trying than she will ever have!!  I don't like saying mean things...I really don't but she is a bi*ch!!

Gripe #2:  The Minchew girl ...did she really think they'd take her back to TC after the stunt she and her sister pulled the season before?  Of course, she also blanked during semis.

Gripe #3:  Why on earth did they take Meghan F back into TC?  They knew she wasn't going to ever be anymore than what she was and yet they did...I felt bad for her knowing she was never going to be on the team. 😞 

Question: Kamie O'Teater said she was the last girl cut (said she was number 36 and they took 35).  For some reason, I thought she was cut a little earlier than that.  I never manage to watch beyond her call back to TC to see where she was cut.   Was she the final cut? 

Observation: Ashley Kelley looked more like a stripper than Brandi Kilby ever did.  She came back this season and looked quite harsh.

Observation: Stephanie Heymann really should not have made the squad. 

Observation: Sasha Agent was the bomb!! 😉 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 7
On 3/8/2020 at 7:08 PM, dccstar7 said:

... what are your favorite "milestone" episodes each season?  Preliminary auditions?  First meeting/rehearsal?  Makeovers?  Announcing the team/first game?

I love makeovers, but my favorite thing to do is spot recognizable faces in the crowds at Prelims, Semis, and Finals.  Even more if they do a talking head and completely miss the point. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

Gripe #1: I am watching Season 5 on Pluto right now...and Charlotte's comments about the "more mature" dancers who auditioned needing to move on to their next passion, is just hateful.  They have more moxie getting out there and trying than she will ever have!!  I don't like saying mean things...I really don't but she is a bi*ch!!

Gripe #2:  The Minchew girl ...did she really think they'd take her back to TC after the stunt she and her sister pulled the season before?  Of course, she also blanked during semis.

Gripe #3:  Why on earth did they take Meghan F back into TC?  They knew she wasn't going to ever be anymore than what she was and yet they did...I felt bad for her knowing she was never going to be on the team. 😞 

Question: Kamie O'Teater said she was the last girl cut (said she was number 36 and they took 35).  For some reason, I thought she was cut a little earlier than that.  I never manage to watch beyond her call back to TC to see where she was cut.   Was she the final cut? 

Observation: Ashley Kelley looked more like a stripper than Brandi Kilby ever did.  She came back this season and looked quite harsh.

Observation: Stephanie Heymann really should not have made the squad. 

Observation: Sasha Agent was the bomb!! 😉 

Sadly, I agree on Char.  The woman has every chance to look good, but she comes across as a catty, snarky wannabe.  She has all the money in the world!  People that have that much of a lead on others should have grace, at least in public!  But she has to cut those eyes and be a bee-otch.  Char, honey, we see the reruns.  All of us "more mature" ladies could look better if we spent what you did on surgery et al.  Hell, all of us could retire based on what you spend on that!   Whenever I see that quote about women helping each other instead of tearing them down, I think about Char being the poster child for tearing women down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Opine said:

Sadly, I agree on Char.  The woman has every chance to look good, but she comes across as a catty, snarky wannabe.  She has all the money in the world!  People that have that much of a lead on others should have grace, at least in public!  But she has to cut those eyes and be a bee-otch.  Char, honey, we see the reruns.  All of us "more mature" ladies could look better if we spent what you did on surgery et al.  Hell, all of us could retire based on what you spend on that!   Whenever I see that quote about women helping each other instead of tearing them down, I think about Char being the poster child for tearing women down.

I completely agree.  I don't see her as a "stand up for women" kind of woman.

• Love 3

I wonder if Charlotte ever got criticized for saying those things in the past, so she changed it up. I remember there was one season where she actually said she admired the older women for having the guts to get out there and do that, or something like that. Like that's not what you've said before. Ha 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I wonder if Charlotte ever got criticized for saying those things in the past, so she changed it up. I remember there was one season where she actually said she admired the older women for having the guts to get out there and do that, or something like that. Like that's not what you've said before. Ha 

Yeh exactly!  She said something like "good for them for having the guts to get out there" or something like that....whatevs!! 😉

• Love 2
4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

"Bless her heart, she's living in the past"

😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Does anyone else enjoy looking at the clock when the girls go into Kelli’s office and seeing the times out of order?

Or even as they’re practicing in the dance studio! Ive noticed it a lot

• Love 2

Every time I watch the episode on Pluto where Kelli changed her mind about Danielle making to training camp at the last second, I always wonder if Kelli ever thinks about how good of a call that was/thank goodness she decided to change her mind last minute. I mean Danielle went on to cheer for them for three more seasons after that, was a GL, and was an all star for a while!! That would’ve been a big loss for them.

• Love 13