Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Was Ashley on the Mavs when she auditioned in season 8?  I heard Mallory (the Mavs director) would not let the girls audition for the DCC because they were still under contract with the Mavs. They would have to retire in order to audition for another team. There was one year where Kelli Quinn Sullivan didn't audition for the DCC because she was on the Mavs. She and another teammate, Jamie were cut at finals so they both auditioned for the Ice Angels and made the team.  

Ashley Hancock was a thunder girl from 2011-2013 and then 2015-2019 for Mavs 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Was Ashley on the Mavs when she auditioned in season 8?  I heard Mallory (the Mavs director) would not let the girls audition for the DCC because they were still under contract with the Mavs. They would have to retire in order to audition for another team. There was one year where Kelli Quinn Sullivan didn't audition for the DCC because she was on the Mavs. She and another teammate, Jamie were cut at finals so they both auditioned for the Ice Angels and made the team.  

No, Ashley didn't join the Mavs until 2 years later. She was also an Oklahoma City Thunder dancer before trying out for DCC. Alexis tried out for DCC the same year, didn't make it, then when Mavs auditions rolled around, she tried out and made the team as an 18 year old. Her remaining with the Mavs was why she didn't try back out for DCC until Season 12 (2017).

Edit: I didn't see that Holly85 answered that until I clicked the next page LOL

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

No, Ashley didn't join the Mavs until 2 years later. She was also an Oklahoma City Thunder dancer before trying out for DCC. Alexis tried out for DCC the same year, didn't make it, then when Mavs auditions rolled around, she tried out and made the team as an 18 year old. Her remaining with the Mavs was why she didn't try back out for DCC until Season 12 (2017).

Edit: I didn't see that Holly85 answered that until I clicked the next page LOL

Lol your good lol haha thanks for the back up lol fun fact Ashley and Lexie were rookie sisters on the Mavs and Alexis was a second year veteran when the other two made the Mavs squad 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Lol your good lol haha thanks for the back up lol fun fact Ashley and Lexie were rookie sisters on the Mavs and Alexis was a second year veteran when the other two made the Mavs squad 

Lexie also tried out for DCC one year and didn't make it. Know which year that was? Was it the same year she first joined the Mavs?

• Useful 1
On 12/16/2021 at 11:45 PM, ShutterbugCAM said:

Lexie also tried out for DCC one year and didn't make it. Know which year that was? Was it the same year she first joined the Mavs?

I spotted her in season 9 or 10 auditions, I can't remember which one now.  

• Love 3

Pet Peeve: the way Kelli and Judy say height, its NOT heighTH it drives me crazy bc then the TCC say it that way too bc they're prob terrified to correct them.

Also when Kelli was referring to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis as Jacqueline Onassis Kennedy and poor Meghan Flaherty started to say it the wrong way and corrected herself. I just laugh and laugh bc you know TPTB think they are the all knowing...

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 12/20/2021 at 5:34 PM, TB12 said:

Pet Peeve: the way Kelli and Judy say height, its NOT heighTH it drives me crazy bc then the TCC say it that way too bc they're prob terrified to correct them.

Also when Kelli was referring to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis as Jacqueline Onassis Kennedy and poor Meghan Flaherty started to say it the wrong way and corrected herself. I just laugh and laugh bc you know TPTB think they are the all knowing...

Thank you! That drives me insane when I hear it over and over again. There is no H at the end of that word dangit!!!!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, dariafan said:

Just saw the annoying twins from Vega on a tik tok.      It was different.   And I still don’t like them 😂

What twin? Those two Emily and something who said in the video during prelim "double trouble" then went to do Bachelor or was it bachelorette? 

Can someone give me a link of who has confirmed they are retiring after this year.

5 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

What twin? Those two Emily and something who said in the video during prelim "double trouble" then went to do Bachelor or was it bachelorette? 

Can someone give me a link of who has confirmed they are retiring after this year.

Lexie amber and Taylor j are the only ones that have comfimed it 

• Love 1

Triangle from 2019 with Maddie center.

https://fb.watch/a70D8sO8l0/

Thoughts

1. Tess is great but she and Amy should have switched places. She looks weird in the triangle being that tall. She would've been able to rock the diamond spot.

2. Still don't understand the love Caroline got from K and J. She's in third row while Bridget and Rachel are in 4th.

• Love 1
On 12/22/2021 at 5:52 PM, Uk-Eve said:

Yeah the double trouble twins    

On 12/23/2021 at 6:52 AM, Holly85 said:

https://www.instagram.com/lexiejsmith_/tv/CWqyeXwDbW6/?utm_medium=copy_link

lexie retirement video 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV6aFEfMqqs/?utm_medium=copy_link

amber stating she can’t wait to take on her last year as Rachel w second leader 

Thank you. wanted to see that for myself!!! 

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Yeah the double trouble twins    

Oh those two they were forgettable LOL

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Kamal said:

Triangle from 2019 with Maddie center.

https://fb.watch/a70D8sO8l0/

Thoughts

1. Tess is great but she and Amy should have switched places. She looks weird in the triangle being that tall. She would've been able to rock the diamond spot.

2. Still don't understand the love Caroline got from K and J. She's in third row while Bridget and Rachel are in 4th.

I still think Maddie was a boring and not cute point. My eyes go straight to Lexie, then left more to Bridget. Tess doesn't look bad in that spot to me. 

• Love 5

Season 8.  Ashley Paige   The time she is Called back before she is cut ..  she’s telling Judy and Kelli how she would be a silent leader.  And meet with people.   Except they showed her working from home & she couldn’t meet up with people   And when she says they want her to change her dance style in 24 hours.  No hun. They have told you all tc your style was too rigid.    They were telling you you had 24 hours for it to click 

On 12/26/2021 at 5:53 AM, UnicornKicksBack said:

I still think Maddie was a boring and not cute point. My eyes go straight to Lexie, then left more to Bridget. Tess doesn't look bad in that spot to me. 

I fully agree re Maddie. She just didn’t have the wow-factor. I don’t think that Tess looked bad in that spot persé, but the differences in height made the entire triangle unevenly balanced. So the diamond position would have worked better, or  a tall girl on the other side of the triangle too.

• Love 3

It just hit me that Jenna might have done 7 or 8 years if it wasn't for the Holly situation. She could've been the longest tenured DCC. She was still younger than a lot of girls and still has the power and drive to dance.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Kamal said:

It just hit me that Jenna might have done 7 or 8 years if it wasn't for the Holly situation. She could've been the longest tenured DCC. She was still younger than a lot of girls and still has the power and drive to dance.

I agree. I'm sure Kelli & Judy "suggested" she retire after that year.

• Love 2

There was a young woman who tried out years ago. She had been a laker girl and her mom was a cowboys fan.   I can’t remember if she made it semis or not.  But I think I just saw her on a cascada video from 2009.  Evacuate the dance floor.    Yes I am 1 of 4 people on my office and am looking at obscure stuff😎

• Love 1
23 hours ago, dariafan said:

There was a young woman who tried out years ago. She had been a laker girl and her mom was a cowboys fan.   I can’t remember if she made it semis or not.  But I think I just saw her on a cascada video from 2009.  Evacuate the dance floor.    Yes I am 1 of 4 people on my office and am looking at obscure stuff😎

Season 8 - Sandra Lynn from L.A.  She didn't make it past prelims, which I thought was a bummer.  She was definitely a better dancer than a one Kathryn Dunn.

ETA: A quick internet search (using her full name of Sandra Colton) reveals an extensive background in dance and entertainment.

Edited by EvergreenLove
  • Love 5

Current and Past Game Day girls 2017-2021
So I got curious again.... 

I only did the past 5 seasons to reflect the tenure of this current team.
Also, finding this info out on social media gets harder and harder as the women retire and their official accounts get suspended or become private. Official DCC social media posts have always been spotty at best, but much better the past couple seasons.

Takeaways - the past two seasons only 3rd year and up vets were awarded with game day girl, except for Amanda she is the outlier, received her 2nd year. Chandi was the only 3rd year vet to be named game day girl this season (so far).

Prior to 2020 there werent as many 4th and 5th year vets, so it was more common for 2nd years to get it such as Bridgit, Alexis, and Caroline.  And 2017 - what a year - Selina, Cersten, and Jessika all were game day girls during their 2nd year.

Lexie and Gina have been Game Day Girl 4 times each, one for each season after their rookie year. Jalyn, 3 times, also one for each season after her rookie year.

I don't know how many times lengthy vets like Lacey, Jinelle, Jenna, and Amy L. were game day girls because that requires going back more than 5 seasons. 

The only 4th year vets in the past 5 years to not be named game day girl at least once before they retired were Savannah, and Rachel A. Their final season was the covid year though, and there were no pre-season games so the amount of game day girl recepients was reduced - instead of sharing the wealth they just continued awarding it to the same people (i.e. Gina and Lexie) and then threw in Amanda, who as a 2nd year, got awarded game day girl even after things are speculated to have already started going bad in DCC land. So they give her this award in late December? Read into it what you will 😄

Missing one game day girl from 8/26/2018. It is even talked about on this forum, and no one seems to know who it was (it wasn't Amy). If anyone knows? Please LMK! Likely candidates that I don't have listed for that season -  Maddie, Tess, Kelli Q., Yuko (who missed that game that day, so I wonder if it was supposed to be her).

2021-2022 (one or more names TBD depending on playoffs)

Gina (5th year, 4th time)
Lexie (5th year, 4th time)
Amber M. (4th year)
Ashlee (4th year)
Taylor (4th year)
Chandi (3rd year)
Rachel W. (4th year, 2nd time)
Erin (4th year)
Jalyn (4th year, 3rd time)
Madeline M. (4th year, 2nd time)

2020-2021
no pre-season games (covid)

Maddie (5th year, 2nd time)
Rachel W. (3rd year)
Gina (4th year, 3rd time)
Madeline M. (3rd year)
Lexie (4th year, 3rd time)
Tess (5th year, 2nd time)
Amanda (2nd year)
Jalyn (3rd year, 2nd time)

2019-2020

Caroline (2nd year)
Bridget (2nd year)
Tess (4th year)
Heather (4th year, 2nd time)
Jalyn (2nd year)
Gina (3rd year, 2nd time)
Miranda (3rd year, 2nd time)
Lexie (3rd year, 2nd time)
Maddie (4th year)
Amy (5th year, 3rd or 4th time)

2018-2019

Amy (4th year, 2nd or 3rd time)
8/26/2018  ________________ ?
Lacey (5th year)
Khalyn (3rd year)
Kashara (4th year)
Miranda (2nd year)
Gina (2nd year)
Tasha (3rd year)
Heather (3rd year)
Alexis (2nd year)
Lexie (2nd year)

2017-2018

Selina (2nd year)
Kashara (3rd year)
Lacey (4th year)
Jinelle (5th year)
Jessika (2nd year)
Amy (3rd year)
Chantel (3rd year)
Cersten (2nd year)
Jenna (6th year)

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

OK super random thing...
Remember Emily from season 10? She made it to TC but was cut early on for lacking power and being too shy? Almost like she had difficulty even talking?
https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Emily_(S10_TCC)

Last night I rewatched the first few episodes of season 13, and I swear she auditioned again! I made her out a few times, at one point you can see her at semi-finals dancing next to Brennan. Anyway, this is not on the fandom wiki site. Curious if anyone else ever noticed that. 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 2

Season 9 on now.  I understand Veronica being frustrated with her body ( in dcc standards ) but when she says she runs everyday and works out everyday , did no one tell these ladies as you get older you have to adjust your word with age cause stuff settles differently ???  But she wa still gorgeous 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Season 9 on now.  I understand Veronica being frustrated with her body ( in dcc standards ) but when she says she runs everyday and works out everyday , did no one tell these ladies as you get older you have to adjust your word with age cause stuff settles differently ???  But she wa still gorgeous 

"Some" wine. Like this??? LOL!!

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

That seemed to be what Kelli had in her head 😅

Nope that wine wasn't in Kelli's head. IT was in a certain "fatty" Chelsea Chaney's head and body!!!! LOL

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, StellaCL said:

OK super random thing...
Remember Emily from season 10? She made it to TC but was cut early on for lacking power and being too shy? Almost like she had difficulty even talking?
https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Emily_(S10_TCC)

Last night I rewatched the first few episodes of season 13, and I swear she auditioned again! I made her out a few times, at one point you can see her at semi-finals dancing next to Brennan. Anyway, this is not on the fandom wiki site. Curious if anyone else ever noticed that. 

It's possible she came back and auditioned again.

Here's a video of the 2015 SD Charger Girls auditions. Emily is talking at the beginning and later @ 1:35 sitting with former TCC (and Ice Angel) Rose.  Emily did not make the team but Rose did. 

• Useful 3
20 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Here's a video of the 2015 SD Charger Girls auditions. Emily is talking at the beginning and later @ 1:35 sitting with former TCC (and Ice Angel) Rose.  Emily did not make the team but Rose did. 

even just in this one tiny clip emily has so much more life than she did in the entirety of her run on season 10 lmao

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Thanks! That must be 2016 though. Looks like Bridget and Rose did one year together on the Chargers, Bridget as a vet and Rose as a rookie. Pro cheerleading - must be a small world.
https://pompedia.com/index.php?title=San_Diego_Chargers_Cheerleaders_of_2016_-_17

I will see if I can manage some screenshots of the Emily, or the Emily lool-a-like in season 13.

• Love 2
On 1/8/2022 at 9:32 AM, dariafan said:

Was this also part of the “I suspect it’s nutrition” side note that Kelli made to Judy? I loved the “some wine” at MFF tho, cracked me up. 

I know I’ve said this elsewhere but the early 20’s are tough as your metabolism changes and you’re navigating a full schedule and a social life and happy hours, etc.  Most of us have been there! Even those that maintain weight still might slip in good nutrition, etc. 90% of weight is lost in the kitchen, and the gym is to make it all look good. I had a dietician tell me once that diet determines how you look with clothes on, and working out is for how you look with clothes off. Lol. 

• Love 5
On 1/4/2020 at 12:39 AM, Tdoc72 said:

Wtf is Judy wearing?  Talk about cutouts. This doesn’t look like business attire to me. (Season 6-episode 2) Her hair is on point as always.

4AD59040-1C66-4FA6-8965-051441613586.jpeg

This post reminds of the season when Kat got chewed out for the cutout dress she wore to panel interviews.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, HollyL said:

This post reminds of the season when Kat got chewed out for the cutout dress she wore to panel interviews.

Oh no! Going back to the OP, I always thought the green dress was the best Judy ever looked.  She had a good tan and the hair was perfect as always. That shade of green was definitely her color.

I'll never understand the Kat debacle except it was clear to me that a decision had been made behind the scenes that she wasn't going to be on the squad any longer. I thought she looked very pretty and perfectly appropriate. They were definitely coming for her. Brenda Teele is overtly selective with her hardballs and softballs *cough Season 12. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Oh no! Going back to the OP, I always thought the green dress was the best Judy ever looked.  She had a good tan and the hair was perfect as always. That shade of green was definitely her color.

I'll never understand the Kat debacle except it was clear to me that a decision had been made behind the scenes that she wasn't going to be on the squad any longer. I thought she looked very pretty and perfectly appropriate. They were definitely coming for her. Brenda Teele is overtly selective with her hardballs and softballs *cough Season 12. 

I thought perhaps because the dress was so oversized on Kat, the cut outs might have shown some side boob or under boob particularly when she was sitting.  The placement of the cut outs was odd.

I love Judy's dress, personally.  It's just a lovely ladies who lunch dress with an interesting collar configuration.  That said, it's not like there's any consistency in dress code!  

Edited by kalibean
Edited because "underboss" and "under boob" aren't the same thing, autocorrect!
  • Love 7

I liked Kat too, but she was very, very slim and Kelli doesn't seem to prefer that figure in the shorts.  As much as she picks on the gals who get weight warning, she tends to go for the dancers who are curvier and thicker (but still buff, mostly) for prime positions.  Kashara, Rachel W, Jenn A, Maddie, etc. in recent years.  And she was in awe of Dayton's figure in the uniform too.

• Love 5

There is a CMT channel on Pluto, and they are now showing the season where the current 4-year girls made the team. I just saw the office visit when Victoria was told to work with Jinelle over her weight gain.

• Love 1

Why don’t they just adapt the shorts a bit for curvier ladies ?  They can still be sexy   Now that’s not gonna help if they can’t dance , but  always claiming it’s the uniform is just ridiculous 

• Love 4
On 1/16/2022 at 6:41 PM, dariafan said:

Why don’t they just adapt the shorts a bit for curvier ladies ?  They can still be sexy   Now that’s not gonna help if they can’t dance , but  always claiming it’s the uniform is just ridiculous 

Whats hilarious about this is for YEARS those shorts WERE extremely short, frontal side and then Yuko's rookie year, some of the girls like Yuko, where their shorts (frontal side) was LONGER than the others like Jenna or Danielle whose shorts were really really really short that it was practically almost showing a gap in the groin area between the let and their vulva/private parts

• Love 1
On 1/3/2022 at 2:38 PM, StellaCL said:

Current and Past Game Day girls 2017-2021
So I got curious again.... 

I only did the past 5 seasons to reflect the tenure of this current team.
Also, finding this info out on social media gets harder and harder as the women retire and their official accounts get suspended or become private. Official DCC social media posts have always been spotty at best, but much better the past couple seasons.

2017-2018

Selina (2nd year)
Kashara (3rd year)
Lacey (4th year)
Jinelle (5th year)
Jessika (2nd year)
Amy (3rd year)
Chantel (3rd year)
Cersten (2nd year)
Jenna (6th year)

~SCROLL BY IF NO INTEREST~

I thought I had my list of Game Day Girls complete for the past 5 seasons and was going to update here today.  It reflects the tenure of the current roster: 2017-2021.

BUT - I am missing one Game Day Girl from the Thanksgiving Day Game on 11/23/2017 (in between Chantel and Cersten) and this is a bit frustrating. 

I know there is a minute chance, but if anyone on this forum has this info for the 11/23/2017 game that would be so helpful and my list would be complete! 🥳

Thank you!

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 1