Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Watching Season 3 first rehearsal.  When was it Cassie T had to stop and grab an inhaler?  Was it this episode?

I’m watching too, it’s somewhere in the early episodes. She didn’t even have her own inhaler; she asked if someone had one she could use. Gag.

• Mind Blown 1
8 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m watching too, it’s somewhere in the early episodes. She didn’t even have her own inhaler; she asked if someone had one she could use. Gag.

But to her defense , don't the players have an oxygen tank on the sidelines? I've seen quite a few shots esp if player goes on a fast quick run - like returning a kick. I am guessing they sanitize the mask. Maybe the DCC need to look into that medical device.

from: https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Cassie_Trammell#Commentary

image.thumb.png.c6db2d563d97923d46efbb2d0477ddc9.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

If you were auditioning, would you be happy or disappointed that there isn’t a televised show for auditions & TC?  I could see both sides of this for obvious reasons. It’s difficult to put yourself out there, but I think if I’d made the team, or even just made it to auditions, that I would enjoy having the show to look back on in my old age. 👵

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rita J said:

If you were auditioning, would you be happy or disappointed that there isn’t a televised show for auditions & TC?  I could see both sides of this for obvious reasons. It’s difficult to put yourself out there, but I think if I’d made the team, or even just made it to auditions, that I would enjoy having the show to look back on in my old age. 👵

It depends upon whether or not they show the truth or a “storyline”

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Rita J said:

Depends if I was good enough to make the team or not! I thought about it previously but my fitness levels are horrendous nowadays! I wanted to be the first UK DCC cheerleader 🤣

• Love 4
4 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I wonder if the whole inhaler thing was for drama and she was trying to cover up screwing up by being "sick"?

The whole of CMT MTT has many examples of orchestrated "DRAMAH". I think the logic was to try and add a bit of interest or stimulate the story line. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I think that was a classic example.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
5 hours ago, Rita J said:

I can see both sides as well. Honestly though I think the show benefitted a lot of ladies who were able to show off their personalities and how well-rounded they would be as performers and brand ambassadors beyond just their dancing. Now I feel like the candidates who are chosen are mostly girls who have preexisting connections from living in the Dallas area (yes they're from different places around the country but many already live in DFW when they audition). It seems extremely hard to break through that barrier when you throw out interviews and use a video-only audition format, so there are probably great candidates slipping through the cracks.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Rita J said:

" if I was auditioning...televised show" - My vote is "I don't know".

It just seems like after 15 years there is still a large chunk of ladies who are just clueless in the 1st round where its apparent they have never seen the show.A good 300+ just don't belong there. Sorry.

Briana-18-from- NY even said, when she auditioned with the Rockettes, it wasn't as many people there as it was for Round 1. DCC needs to follow suit.

Then the flexibility- if your kicks are not forehead level - work on that before appearing. Yet after 15 yrs , a high kick seems to be new news to somebody. If you can't " touch the ground with all of your glory ", work on that, before you come. Kelli can't see daylight under your " glory ".

Learning Long dances fast & memory &performance/showmanship- not sure how to accomplish this if you don't have college and/or pro experience, recently, but there are some that surely need to find out how . Those first few cuts, if not in the 2nd round, catches, those ladies.

Small handful that hadn't heard  kitty in that your solo should be "your best performance of your talent; show the judges your best. Don't do sh*t you can't do." And yes, some need to pay someone to create a decent solo & costume. 

Then there's the interview - another 15 yr old , several recent draft picks, hall of famers, and a few president administrations, spider web that always catches somebody. Hell- Brenda's question on " name 5 presidents " is just about the length of the run of the show now,😁Let me check to see if anyone from the Cowboys made the recent cut for the 2023 hall of fame.

{Will add more later}

Edited by sATL
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

When the show first started all they had to worry about my MySpace and Facebook. It may have been Twitter on a candidate who said "Maverick suck".

Now they must have a whole department doing SM investigations, as the platforms are numerous. And they have to work fast - IG is only around for 24 hrs.

Wht would an ex boyfriend know you're TCC and know exactly where and who to send pictures, that arrive the 2nd night of camp? One shouldn't be having that much conversation with an ex.

Kelli sure looked at long time at Carla pictures her boyfriend sent in. She even had a couple lingering looks through the pile, putting her glasses on , after she cut her. She should have shredded the photo in Carla's presence.  Did she learn a new pose to try out for her husband?

😂

Edited by sATL
  • Sad 5

Is Lisa the seamstress making the uniform, or just tailoring? The reason I ask is there a a large storage container of shorts, as well as a large pile on the bench. 

Then if a TCC is cut- in most cases she has their original uniform. 

Wonder what happens to the uniforms of the retired vets?

18 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is Lisa the seamstress making the uniform, or just tailoring? The reason I ask is there a a large storage container of shorts, as well as a large pile on the bench. 

Then if a TCC is cut- in most cases she has their original uniform. 

Wonder what happens to the uniforms of the retired vets?

Try asking @ShellyB if she's still around?

14 hours ago, sATL said:

But to her defense , don't the players have an oxygen tank on the sidelines? I've seen quite a few shots esp if player goes on a fast quick run - like returning a kick. I am guessing they sanitize the mask. Maybe the DCC need to look into that medical device.

from: https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Cassie_Trammell#Commentary

image.thumb.png.c6db2d563d97923d46efbb2d0477ddc9.png

Nah, nasal cannulae and oxygen masks and lines are technically one-time / single patient use / disposable. Plastic bag panic!!!! They are considered infectious waste after one use. I sold them when I did device sales which included non-invasive ventilators, oxygen concentrators and bi-paps. Now hopefully they have someone swapping out the masks on the sidelines because according to infection control protocol they should. Makes me want to hurl just thinking about it.

• Useful 1
On 9/19/2022 at 7:11 PM, sATL said:

I kinda wish Amy from Rockford would have tried out again if she got her kicks up and worked on her memory (how ever that happens). 6 years could have been her number to make the team  unless there is an upper age limit. She made great progress and transformation in the last 3 years. She got into the dancing career late and I think her first couple of tryouts were truly learning and fact finding experiences.

Amy’s cut still hits me so hard in all my feels. Her sweet face in that last office visit was crushing. And how adorable was she on the field! So many have touched my heart but Amy’s cut shook me & still does when it’s on… 

• Sad 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Amy’s cut still hits me so hard in all my feels. Her sweet face in that last office visit was crushing. And how adorable was she on the field! So many have touched my heart but Amy’s cut shook me & still does when it’s on… 

It reminds me of when Kalli Fullerton got cut the 1st time in season 1(2006). She wanted it really bad like Amy and was very upset when she was cut.

• Love 3
On 9/22/2022 at 7:52 PM, sATL said:

Wht would an ex boyfriend know you're TCC and know exactly where and who to send pictures, that arrive the 2nd night of camp?

I wondered the same thing. Maybe he found out by a friend of s friend of a friend that she was in TC, but yes, how would he know the DCC director & her email address?

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wondered the same thing. Maybe he found out by a friend of s friend of a friend that she was in TC, but yes, how would he know the DCC director & her email address?

I’ve said it before, TCC Carla Ann, was done wrong.  An ex sent the pix as opposed to the pix posted publicly by her a la DCC Whitney I., TCC Karissa, and TCC Ika.  She was shown no grace, not offered assistance but treated like an e-harlot. 

Edited by WenD08
  • Applause 2
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, WenD08 said:

She was shown no grace

Zero She sent a naughty picture privately to her then-boyfriend, so what? PLENTY of people do that, and they do NOT expect that to be made public. She was a victim but treated as a criminal.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, WenD08 said:

I’ve said it before, TCC Carla Ann, was done wrong.  An ex sent the pix as opposed to the pix posted publicly by her a la DCC Whitney I., TCC Karissa, and TCC Ika.  She was shown no grace, not offered assistance but treated like an e-harlot. 

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Zero She sent a naughty picture privately to her then-boyfriend, so what? PLENTY of people do that, and they do NOT expect that to be made public. She was a victim but treated as a criminal.

Every time I see that episode it enrages me.   

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Every time I see that episode it enrages me.   

another instance  that enrages me is when Veronica, season 9 , has noticeable weight gain, per Kelli and Kitty.

Kelli answers "who is that on the end" question  from the person at the salon. In place of Kelli saying something complementary - like  her name is Veronica , she's one of our veteran ambassadors for xxx years, she is technically trained, she is from xxx city/state, Kelli  insults her, and tells personal business to a stranger.

It does make we wonder why the salon stylist would ask about a vet in the first place, as rookie makeovers was the day before or after. 

image.thumb.png.78a5892a2cb4080adfab4cf4c8d5416a.png

Edited by sATL
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 9/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, sATL said:

another instance  that enrages me is when Veronica, season 9 , has noticeable weight gain, per Kelli and Kitty.

Kelli answers "who is that on the end" question  from the person at the salon. In place of Kelli saying something complementary - like  her name is Veronica , she's one of our veteran ambassadors for xxx years, she is technically trained, she is from xxx city/state, Kelli  insults her, and tells personal business to a stranger.

It does make we wonder why the salon stylist would ask about a vet in the first place, as rookie makeovers was the day before or after. 

image.thumb.png.78a5892a2cb4080adfab4cf4c8d5416a.png

I also remember the snotty way that the stylist said "yeah," after Kelli asked her if she saw it.  With that said, I thought it was the guest choreographer, not a stylist.   

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I also remember the snotty way that the stylist said "yeah," after Kelli asked her if she saw it.  With that said, I thought it was the guest choreographer, not a stylist.   

I always thought hmmm that hairdresser needs a makeover desperately as well as an attitude adjustment. Like she was one to talk…

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2022 at 5:09 PM, TB12 said:

I always thought hmmm that hairdresser needs a makeover desperately as well as an attitude adjustment. Like she was one to talk…

THIS PART! I wondered about her while doing the consultations for the rookie makeovers and then for her to be so snotty about Veronica...one of my favorites?! I hated to see Veronica struggle her final season. I loved her as a performer, and that whole season, I was all, Step off my girl--she is trying and still rocks! But, I was especially that way when the salon manager was so judgey, with her overgrown roots and none of Veronica's glam or wow factor. I mean, it would be so rude even if the stylist's own look was beyond perfection! But the irony really makes the rudeness "pop," I think. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Veronica was a bit off her game that last camp, both in her weight and some dance mistakes, but if TPTB are going to give her grace, they don’t need to talk trash about her. Either cut her and move on, or give her warnings and help if she’s important to you, then shut the F up about it. Snide commentary definitely wasn’t necessary. 

I’m definitely glad they kept her and helped her get back into shape, but damn. Kelli didn’t need to speak about her that way.

• Love 8

Random, but I just noticed that in the finale of season 8, as the girls are lining up in the tunnel to go on the field that you can see Dayton behind them!  She is standing right next to mom Shelly.  She looks so young!

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 6
On 9/29/2022 at 2:22 PM, 88Keys said:

I always thought that "yeah' sounded like it was spliced in.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Kelli talks into her phone to make/give notes to the TCCs. Is there an app that types up and creates the messages, or that done manually by someone? Asking for a friend...😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Re season 7.  I just watched the episode where the cheerleaders performed for Big and Rich (I think that's who it was).  But it was for an organization called ASAE.  I decided to look it up and it's the most boring and generic thing I've ever seen.  https://www.asaecenter.org/

It slipped by me for the first hundred times I've seen that episode but they are just performing at some corporate event that happened to also have Big and Rich.  For the longest time, I thought it was exclusively a Big and Rich concert.  Does that make sense?

Also, I decided to watch their intro dance.  It's crazy to me that all this fuss is made about it and the stadium isn't even full when they do it.  Add the fact that you barely see them on tv and it's all much ado about nothing.  Still fun to watch.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
19 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Re season 7.  I just watched the episode where the cheerleaders performed for Big and Rich (I think that's who it was).  But it was for an organization called ASAE.  I decided to look it up and it's the most boring and generic thing I've ever seen.  https://www.asaecenter.org/

It slipped by me for the first hundred times I've seen that episode but they are just performing at some corporate event that happened to also have Big and Rich.  For the longest time, I thought it was exclusively a Big and Rich concert.  Does that make sense?

Also, I decided to watch their intro dance.  It's crazy to me that all this fuss is made about it and the stadium isn't even full when they do it.  Add the fact that you barely see them on tv and it's all much ado about nothing.  Still fun to watch.

It’s pretty full at that time but most people are in line for concession for food and drinks bathroom before kick off plus they don’t show all the fans in the standing room only tickets 

10 hours ago, sATL said:

Kelli talks into her phone to make/give notes to the TCCs. Is there an app that types up and creates the messages, or that done manually by someone? Asking for a friend...😁

I remember the episode with Candice Romo as a guest judge (MRS just had a baby). She imitated Kelli talking into her phone and saying "more style".

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, sATL said:

I’m studying for a professional certification test right and I open my Notes app and use voice to text to take notes on my reading. Then I email them to myself and paste them into a Word document. I don’t know if voice to text was a thing when Kelli was doing it but I’m sure there are other transcription options. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MaryWebGirl said:

I’m studying for a professional certification test right and I open my Notes app and use voice to text to take notes on my reading. Then I email them to myself and paste them into a Word document. I don’t know if voice to text was a thing when Kelli was doing it but I’m sure there are other transcription options. 

thanks. Good luck on your certification test.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember the episode with Candice Romo as a guest judge (MRS just had a baby). She imitated Kelli talking into her phone and saying "more style".

Just had to say I loved Candace on the show & wish she would have stayed longer!

• Like 2
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Anduril said:

Re season 7.  I just watched the episode where the cheerleaders performed for Big and Rich (I think that's who it was).  But it was for an organization called ASAE. 

Probably the best performance to Loud that I've seen

• Love 4
On 9/7/2022 at 3:21 PM, ByTor said:

Alyssa Torres and Terri both had terrible interviews and were cut. Jessika's interview was, IMO, worse than both of theirs combined, but she made it back.

This ! I still cannot fathom how she made it back after that train wreck solo and interview ! Her family must have secrets on somebody or something because I never understood what they saw in her at all . It actually was infuriating to me she got brought back when better girls did not

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 9/23/2022 at 7:10 PM, TB12 said:

I still cannot watch it . She is the only one that got to me that deeply . It still hurts and I think they made a mistake and she would have been great . 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

That is just a sea of blonde for me! Mia and Alexandra (I think) stand out because they're not. Can't tell who the other brunette is at the back. I never really liked Whitney that much but I can't deny that she's a perfect point, she really sells it!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

That is just a sea of blonde for me! Mia and Alexandra (I think) stand out because they're not. Can't tell who the other brunette is at the back. I never really liked Whitney that much but I can't deny that she's a perfect point, she really sells it!

And was that Courtney Cook in the back? She was off a lot.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I saw the curls and assumed it was her. I'm not crazy for Sydney either. Like she's good and clean but she's not exactly exciting enough to have that far up front!

I'm actually just watching season 5, Courtney's first training camp!

• Love 2

Flashback question: How did K&J initially find out that Holly and Jenna were clubbing with players? Someone in the "locker room" told? Someone from/in the club told?

Kelli had a list of clubs - I mean someone really had to be keeping  detailed receipts, awaiting for the right time to produce documentation.

I've always wondered why Holly was that close to Jenna in the first place. I guess if I was going to go clubbing underage , putting the players aside- I surely wouldn't have picked someone who could go back and tell. Meaning you have your "work" friends and the friends who are "non work" homegirls.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, sATL said:

Flashback question: How did K&J initially find out that Holly and Jenna were clubbing with players? Someone in the "locker room" told? Someone from/in the club told? 

Possible cowboys coach overheard the guys looker room talk 

• Useful 1
On 10/6/2022 at 11:22 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Agreed with whoever said it was a sea of blondes & I’ll add with the same open mouth frozen smile…

• Love 2
On 10/7/2022 at 5:37 AM, ByTor said:

That was always the issue with Courtney and why she got cut her first season. I was shocked to see her in an elite smaller performance and though, of, she must have gotten more reliable for Judy to put her in, even at the back. She just smudges the beat sometimes, not even a half count off, just not in total synch with the music and the group. I honestly don't know how she made the team if she couldn't keep to the timing. I know folks love her, and she is adorable, but keeping time with the music is the most fundamental part of dancing. Everything else about her as a person must be beyond amazing, because it can't just be that Kelli loved her curly hair that much.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

She just smudges the beat sometimes, not even a half count off, just not in total synch with the music and the group.

I watched it again. At about 27 seconds she completely missed a move & just stood there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Looking for some music help from Season9, Episode 3 (I think)  Breelan is a rookie and I'm pretty sure it's the first time they introduce Melissa Rycroft as a mentor.  About midway through the episode the candidates are doing kicks across the floor and K&J make  comments about Mary's long legs and Alexandra's low kicks.  While they are doing this, an instrumental song is playing (on the Pluto version). It's a much "lazier" tune than usual and has no lyrics. 

It's been driving me crazy, so if anyone knows the name of it, I would love to know!  

• Love 1