Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Thanks for cluing me into Pluto! I'd forgotten how much social media (and asshole ex-boyfriend) drama there was years ago. Maybe candidates have wised up a little?

I'd also totally forgotten Karissa -- that scene where she's getting ready in her car made me sad, esp. since it didn't work out. But happy for her now.

Looking at some of these women with very different eyes now. Knowing Jenna's full arc...hm. Cassie still grates though.

4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I know some here don't care for her but former TCC Karissa is getting married  on 12/28/19.

https://www.zola.com/wedding/fixin2befox2019?fbclid=IwAR3CGijn9-G_MfIfjuGzQsyUCT2N3TyMsK5d9iV0vqZKWthB2ElyXvbSzmc

I loved Karissa! I thought she had spunk. I checked out the wedding page (who doesn't love a good wedding!) 11 bridesmaids? Yikes! That seems crazy to me (we had a very small wedding with a total of 19 people including hubby and I)

• Love 4
10 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:
11 hours ago, An Offt said:

I think Ally Traylor and Cassie were a whole lot more toxic than Taylor ever would have been.  Hell, looking back, it seems like Cassie had a more of a say in who ended up on the team than most of the finals judges...Olivia Stevanovski anyone?

I don't think she was necessarily "toxic".  More like "immature" and "mouthy".

Immature, mouthy, and just plain annoying LOL.  I didn't see her being toxic either.

9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I know some here don't care for her but former TCC Karissa is getting married  on 12/28/19.

https://www.zola.com/wedding/fixin2befox2019?fbclid=IwAR3CGijn9-G_MfIfjuGzQsyUCT2N3TyMsK5d9iV0vqZKWthB2ElyXvbSzmc

I just saw her season yesterday, she is one I wish would have had made it, I liked her.

• Love 1

The Minschew sisters! I have this image of them in their featurette where they are wearing matching track suits with big bows hanging over their crotches. 😱

I will never forget Judy toasting the younger one at her next year’s audition interview. I think Judy actually enjoyed raking her over the coals and took her to finals just to have the opportunity to do it. 

The older sis was smart not to come back. Hard to return after being called “snotty, fake, mannequin-like...” by Kelli and Judy. My hubby and I actually use those exact words sometimes because they cracked us up so much at the time. 

• Love 2

Just watched that Lucid Dream episode.  Poor Viv 😞 . 

I totally forgot about her excuses.  My favorite was when she told Kelli she didn't do the jump splits because she was injured...but then she said she was healed & Kelli said "In the last hour?"  And V: "I'm "constantly" taking yoga" . Kelli: "What do you mean by constantly?"  V: "Every week" . Actually I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I totally forgot about her excuses.  My favorite was when she told Kelli she didn't do the jump splits because she was injured...but then she said she was healed & Kelli said "In the last hour?"  And V: "I'm "constantly" taking yoga" . Kelli: "What do you mean by constantly?"  V: "Every week" . Actually I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.

HAHA we're watching the same thing.

I think Viv got a raw deal. Her size was a problem on her first season as a TCC and then her dancing. I wish she would have given it another go. 

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I thought she deserved it.  She was late to her session with Ashton, she was mouthy, had an attitude, etc.  She was "toxic locker room"😂

You can tell Ashton was pissed off at her in that scene for being late and barely even apologizing for it. 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Tootie said:

It's weird watching these old seasons on Pluto--seeing how the vets helped the rookies--and knowing that NOW, they can't help the rookies or else they'll get in trouble...  😢

Seriously?!

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Seriously?!

Rumor is that Tara made her skepticism of Icky Vicky known and was shown the door as a consequence.

Also that Jaylen tried to give VK a vet correction and then lost show group. 

Supposedly, the vets are now scared to correct.  

YMMV, but I believe it.

• Useful 2
4 minutes ago, An Offt said:

Rumor is that Tara made her skepticism of Icky Vicky known and was shown the door as a consequence.

Also that Jaylen tried to give VK a vet correction and then lost show group. 

Supposedly, the vets are now scared to correct.  

YMMV, but I believe it.

And the excuse for Tara was her own performance? GEEEEZ

So they were never really told NOT to correct?

1 minute ago, DCCFanInKy said:

And the excuse for Tara was her own performance? GEEEEZ

So they were never really told NOT to correct?

I think they were told to kind of "lay off" Victoria because she had it so rough last year, and now they're not sure it's okay to help the rookies.

Classic team mismanagement.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I really do think I’m in my own little world where Tara is concerned. I was surprised she made the team because I thought she was a blender with short legs. And then she wasn’t as photogenic as quite a few other gals, and looked a hot mess half the time. 

Clearly good in the locker room, but her cut wasn’t a shock with or without any additional VK drama. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, An Offt said:

Is Megan B. the one who'd been in the hospital trying to make weight, and that's the real reason her meeting with K&J was so spacey?

No, it was Amy Caroline

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Watching season 10, I'd love to know how Kashara made TC with her weight but Katy this year did not.

I truly think where they are heavier matters - Katy and Gabby had extra weight on their stomach which is super noticeable especially on the Jumbotron while Kashara is muscular and seems to gain more in her lower body/all over so can hide it better and still look good in the uniform. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

Still watching season 10... forgot how much I can’t stand the “choreographer” who ripped into Angela 

Yes, I agree.  That was for K&J to discuss with her in the office.  Has that "choreographer" been on since?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes, I agree.  That was for K&J to discuss with her in the office.  Has that "choreographer" been on since?

No. And I’m not even sure why they brought her in in the first place. She was on SYTYCD during auditions, it’s not like she was Top 10/20! Might as well have brought VK in after her cut last season as a choreographer if those are the needed credentials. Although we all know what they always had planned for her...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MelissaB326 said:

I truly think where they are heavier matters - Katy and Gabby had extra weight on their stomach which is super noticeable especially on the Jumbotron while Kashara is muscular and seems to gain more in her lower body/all over so can hide it better and still look good in the uniform. 

Completely agree here. Especially because they wear tights, any cellulite or extra chunk can be compressed and hidden. I hold weight in my lower body so when I gain it goes to my thighs but I’ll still have abs. Holding weight in the stomach and muffin-top area can be detrimental for the uniform. Gabby, Cianna, and UCLA Katy all seem to have this problem, unfortunately 😞 

I also think Gabby’s cut had more to do with how many times she had been on WW. Her slimming down for calendar then gaining again probably made K&J think she wasn’t putting in enough effort to maintain her calendar weight

Edited by chrishunt
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, phylogeny said:

The crappy replacement music they chose for the dance scenes in all these reruns is making them borderline unwatchable for me

The music in 1 and 2 wasn't changed - cause if they took out "are you friend or foe" or "all you crazy people c'mon jump around" - it just wouldn't have been the same:)

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Was just looking through instagram and got to thinking, how old would Holly Powell be now?

22 going on 23? I think, not sure when her bday is but she was 18 when she made the squad in season 10. She was 20 when she quit in season 12 which was 2017.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

No.

I think she was on again in season 12.

8 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

Except Kashara's waist looked wide.  But when they had uniform fittings, her size was "M", which I think was explained to us to be a size 4, so she couldn't have been "big" at all.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ByTor said:

I was over her by the time she was cut from her second TC.  I really pulled for her in the first one, because I like her story and her dancing was great (once you got rid of Tin Man ...oi) ...she was just "stocky".  That second season, however, she seemed more concerned about how she looked in the mirror than how she was dancing.  (shrugs shoulders).  

12 hours ago, ByTor said:

No kidding!  Kelli didn't even try to hide her disdain.

No, she did not. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

22 going on 23? I think, not sure when her bday is but she was 18 when she made the squad in season 10. She was 20 when she quit in season 12 which was 2017.

Holly's birthday is in January 1997 I believe so she's 22 turning 23

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, An Offt said:

Man, they REALLY hated Colby, didn't they?

It's probably why they didn't do the fan vote again.

Watching season 12 when Jenna throws Holly under the bus. Ohhhh man, I feel second hand embarrassment watching both of them back pedal. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, An Offt said:

Man, they REALLY hated Colby, didn't they?

I had a negative first reaction to Colby but I changed my tune when I saw her on the show. She seemed like a nice girl 😞 

4 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Watching season 12 when Jenna throws Holly under the bus. Ohhhh man, I feel second hand embarrassment watching both of them back pedal. 

It was so bad. And any/every time I say something was so bad, in my head it's in the voice of John C. Reilly in the Stepbrothers bunk bed scene.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I had a negative first reaction to Colby but I changed my tune when I saw her on the show. She seemed like a nice girl 😞 

It was so bad. And any/every time I say something was so bad, in my head it's in the voice of John C. Reilly in the Stepbrothers bunk bed scene.

I feel like they should have just admitted their wrong doings and they would have been fine. K&J already knew the truth and still didn't kick them off. I wish Holly wouldn't have quit, she probably would have been point bu now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I wish Holly wouldn't have quit

I seriously doubt Holly quit voluntarily. She made it abundantly clear that her heart and her life was with DCC. So, something else must have happened that we have not been told ☹️

3 minutes ago, Loodicrus said:

I seriously doubt Holly quit voluntarily. She made it abundantly clear that her heart and her life was with DCC. So, something else must have happened that we have not been told ☹️

Curious what makes you say that (serious question.)

I honestly thought the DCC was just a pit stop on her way to bigger and brighter things.  For a small town, southwest Missouri girl, Dallas is a much friendlier stop for an 18 year old.  I can see her parents pushing her towards gaining some experience in Dallas first, then heading to LA or NYC.  And that might have encouraged that via financial support.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Curious what makes you say that (serious question.)

I honestly thought the DCC was just a pit stop on her way to bigger and brighter things.  For a small town, southwest Missouri girl, Dallas is a much friendlier stop for an 18 year old.  I can see her parents pushing her towards gaining some experience in Dallas first, then heading to LA or NYC.  And that might have encouraged that via financial support.  

Just her reactions when she was on the hot-seat and her interview with the CMT cameracrew .. but then again .. it's only assumptions based on thin air 😎🤣

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Loodicrus said:

Just her reactions when she was on the hot-seat and her interview with the CMT cameracrew .. but then again .. it's only assumptions based on thin air 😎🤣

From what I recall of the forum scuttlebutt at the time, Holly did intend on staying, but her mother got in her ear. Basically, the insider said that Holly’s mother convinced Holly that she was the best dancer on the team (probably true) and that Kelli would back down on punishment if she threatened to quit. Well, Kelli didn’t back down, and Holly ended up quitting a couple days later. Again, all just rumor on here around the time it happened. But it seemed to be pretty accurate with how it ended up playing out on the show.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2