Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: I'll Tell You A Story

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

When the fallout of Hope’s actions leaves her and Landon on the outs, she turns to Lizzie for help making things right. Meanwhile, Landon uncovers secrets about his past, while Josie looks into a secret that Alaric has been keeping.

Airdate: March 21, 2019

Man the show saved itself in that last scene with Hope and Raf.. Cuz I was wondering when they were gonna check on him... I liked the big bro reveal and the story was pretty cool... Man MG is gonna have a panic attack next week... 

• Love 4

So, that was certainly a compelling episode. A lot seemed to happen, at least in terms of getting answers. 

So, Landon is not REALLY a Phoenix. He's just the result of his mother procreating with Malivore, who is basically Mudman that has a whole bunch of species ingested, and Landon's immortality is due to his MudDaddy cannibalizing species over the years, one of them likely a Phoenix. I wonder what Landon's other powers are. And now it makes sense as to why Landon and Hope kind of connected. Both are results of species that shouldn't have been able to procreate actually procreating. 

So, Lizzie and Josie are told about the Merge by Alaric. Finally! Also finally is Josie standing up for herself and Lizzie also telling some truths about their co-dependency working both ways. And, as I suspected with Josie/Lizzie's power fight, Josie came out the winner in that brief fight. 

Rafael got some stuff to do, but it's clear his stuff is being set up for next season more than this season. His talk with Hope at the end was well done.

Ok, so I found Landon pretty great the entire episode. The actor has really stepped it up these last few episodes. I laughed at fake!Landon several times.

So....let me get this straight. Emma's solution to help Alaric with the school's impending implosion is to...leave on a sabbatical? Really? What a stupid way to get rid of the character, especially if the actress has chosen to leave. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

So....let me get this straight. Emma's solution to help Alaric with the school's impending implosion is to...leave on a sabbatical? Really? What a stupid way to get rid of the character, especially if the actress has chosen to leave. 

Made zero sense to me... Also did she and Dorian break up.. If not is she leaving just when hes coming back... Confusing... 

Ok, so I found Landon pretty great the entire episode. The actor has really stepped it up these last few episodes. I laughed at fake!Landon several times.

I too have enjoyed him more recently.. Honestly I enjoy him more away from hope than I do with her

Rafael got some stuff to do, but it's clear his stuff is being set up for next season more than this season. His talk with Hope at the end was well done.

I'm all for that he has felt somewhat under used this season... What do you think could be in store for him??  His talk with hope was well done.. But the show has to figure out some way for his feelings to change or something Cuz as he's written I don't see him trying anything with hope because of Landon 

8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Lizzie also telling some truths about their co-dependency working both ways.

I was so happy for that.. Josie has had that pity party going on all season and it needed to be said

• Love 5

So the witches, vampires and werewolves did something and screwed over everybody else.

Hmm, that sounds familiar.

I do kind of feel sorry for Landon. One day he's a phoenix, the next day he's a mudman. Them's the breaks I suppose.

Nice to see that the Merge is now in the open. I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to deal with that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

So the witches, vampires and werewolves did something and screwed over everybody else.

Which also probably explains why Hope is the only one unaffected by Malivore. She’s literally all three in one. This probably also makes her the only person who can permanently destroy it.

There’s always a loophole and since it was created by a witch (I’ll wager an ancestor of Hope and Freya), a vampire (probably one of Klaus’ bloodline) and a werewolf (probably Crescent Moon pack) I’d say there’s good odds the Tribrid of all three is the loophole (possibly even the reason nature allowed her to be born despite not being entirely possible in the first place since she’s slightly younger than Landon and Landon was created specifically to release Malivore).

Nice to see that the Merge is now in the open. I'm looking forward to seeing how they're going to deal with that.

Honestly, the “easiest” solution is for one (maybe both) of them to become a vampire/syphon hybrid like the heretics were. If one of the twins is technically dead there can’t be a merge. That’s probably the last resort though.

• Love 8

So, this episode clarified a lot of things. 

- Malivore is not as bad as everyone believe him to be. His existence is still not good whatsoever, but there are no other species in the school than Vampires, Witches and Werewolves, so if the Triad didn't "bug" him enough to hunt them too, he should not be a threat to them. 

- Ryan Clarke is NOT the season's big bad, it's MG's mom and Triad Industries as a whole. 

- Landon could be a combination of a lot of species and we can expect to see more supernatural powers from him in the second season.

- Josie is currently stronger than Lizzie. This could be wrong though, as the emotions of the twins were much different during their fight. Lizzie was simply frustrated by Josie's behavior, while Josie was actually angry and annoyed by Lizzie and meant to hurt her. 

- The Merge should be one of the main plots of the second season. I don't expect them to do a big flash-forward, so if the Merge has to take place, it will happen in Season 3 or 4 at least. Most likely they're going to find a way to break the "curse".

And finally, I'd like to talk about next week's finale. And more specifically about the preview's final scene, the one where the Triad agent is about to shoot one of the girls. I think that the shot we heard is Clarke's and he's going to kill this guy and save the girls. After all, he and Landon are headed for the school and the Triad bastards are already there, so the confrontation is inevitable. And to get all the artifacts he need, he must win the trust of Alaric and the other people in the school and explain them everything about Malivore. I can't think of a better way to do that than save one of Ric's daughters and/or Hope's life. On the other hand, I still find it crazy that 3 powerful witches are being cornered by a mere human with a gun. They can just turn the gun and shoot the dude between the eyes with just one word imo. I can't wait to see what's going to happen!

Edited by Josie means Love
  • Love 2

First of all, as someone who (1) worked in the school library and (2) did a lot of research for various classes, I have to say that the Salvatore School's magical search function is AWESOME.

I enjoyed Landon's snarkiness with Clark as well as Prism Landon's talks with Hope.

I'm glad that Josie and Lizzie finally got some of their issues out in the open. It seems like they've had a few moments here or there throughout the season where they are honest with each other about their resentments but this was pretty big for them. Of course, now that they know about the merge, they will probably ignore most of the issues that they need to address so that they can work together to find a solution to the merge.

Thank goodness that Alaric finally talked to Dorian. He really can't run the school by himself (and apparently we're back to not seeing any of the other adults/teachers at the school).

• Love 1

Hope: "I am a combination of three different supernatural creatures!"

Landon apparently: "Hold my beer."

So Landon isnt just a phoenix, he is some kind of combination of a human, a mud golem, and a bunch of other creatures all stuck inside of his puddle? Thats one hell of an origin story! So how many powers does he have? This actually did give us a lot of answers, glad they arent dragging things out any further. Landon generally had a good episode, and I feel like the actor has really stepped it up the last few weeks, especially playing both real Landon as well as Hopes mental Landon. They did seem somewhat subtly different. "A werewolf, a witch, and a vampire..." "Walked into a bar?" I do hope he has more phoenix powers, it sounds really cool.

So the school is falling apart, kids are disappearing, and Emma...decides now a good time to peace out? The fuck? At least Dorian decided to get over himself and help out finally. I mean, does this school have other teachers, or is just Alaric running the whole freaking thing?

Nice talk between Raf and Hope, it seemed very honest and real. 

This almost confirmed what I've suspected for awhile, that Josie might be the stronger, and maybe even darker, twin of the two. I was glad they both acknowledged their issues at the end, and that the whole merg thing is out in the open. I mean, its a really bad situation, but at least now they know whats up. I think this might end up with one of them changing species somehow, like becoming a vampire, making her technically dead. Loopholes people!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So Landon isnt just a phoenix, he is some kind of combination of a human, a mud golem, and a bunch of other creatures all stuck inside of his puddle? Thats one hell of an origin story! So how many powers does he have? This actually did give us a lot of answers, glad they arent dragging things out any further. Landon generally had a good episode, and I feel like the actor has really stepped it up the last few weeks, especially playing both real Landon as well as Hopes mental Landon. They did seem somewhat subtly different. "A werewolf, a witch, and a vampire..." "Walked into a bar?" I do hope he has more phoenix powers, it sounds really cool.

There were a few moments with Prism Landon that really made me chuckle, such as the first time when Prism Landon tried to break the ice with the whole "Hologram? I'm a hologram?!" and then getting this huge grin on his face. And the other moment was Prism Landon's facial expression when Hope accidentally blurted that she loved [Landon].

As for real Landon, his snark was on point the entire episode, but I can understand why he'd go with his newfound brother to find the third key. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

As for real Landon, his snark was on point the entire episode, but I can understand why he'd go with his newfound brother to find the third key. 

You can come with me or stay tied to this chair. You choose.

• LOL 6

I think Landon's backstory is incredibly stupid, the whole Triad & Malivore plot is incredibly stupid, they could have come up with something a lot better. It kind of reminds of Buffy the Vampire Slayer & the Adam & The Initiative plot line, also incredibly stupid.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GaT said:

I think Landon's backstory is incredibly stupid, the whole Triad & Malivore plot is incredibly stupid, they could have come up with something a lot better. It kind of reminds of Buffy the Vampire Slayer & the Adam & The Initiative plot line, also incredibly stupid.

The Initiative was incredibly stupid, but Triad isn't nearly as bad in my opinion. The idea is that in a world where witches, werewolves and vampires exist, other magical creatures should exist as well. Malivore makes that possible. I am concerned that this story might take up a lot of season 2, because this was supposedly about legacies.

In terms of the school, I thought most of the characters brought their A game in this episode. Hope and Landon (both of them) were great. Josie was good on her own. I thought Raf came off a little wooden for someone facing so much trauma and Lizzie grates on me, but that's what Lizzie is supposed to do.

• Love 2

So let me understand something about the twins' quarrel.

Legacies Episodes 1-13

Josie: Penelope is my Evil Ex who made out with my forgotten BFF to taunt me.  So I set her on fire.

Lizzie: She Who Must Not Be Named. Also: evil is flammable.

Josie: She broke up with me and I hate her.

Lizzie: The Dark Lord herself.

Josie: I also had such a huge crush on Hope that I set her room on fire, and lied about it for 5 years. Because I wanted you to hate her, not date her.

Hope: I don't care that you destroyed the only painting I made with my dead father whom I barely spent anytime with before he died to save my life and add to my trauma. Or that you spread rumours that I bullied a mentally disabled younger kid. You had a crush on me and that's always a valid excuse.

Josie: That's what I said. If you think about it, it was totally Lizzie's fault anyway.

Lizzie: ...

(Josie: There was that one time I had a crush on Raf. Thankfully I managed to keep that a secret without setting him on fire.

Raf: ....)

Penelope: Josie, can we get back together?

Josie: No.

Penelope: Please?

Josie: No.

Penelope: Pretty please?

Josie: No. Ask me again and I'll burn off more than your hair.

Legacies Episode: 14

Penelope: Josie, can we get back together?

Josie: No. Incen-

Penelope: Pretty, pretty, please with cherry-on-top?

Josie: Read my de-slugged lips: 🎵 you and I 🎵 are never getting back together.🎵

Penelope: OK, I'm going to Europe. Have a nice life. 

Josie: OMG! I'VE LOST THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, LIZZIE!

Edited by ursula
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

As soon as Landon's Mud Brother said "created a golem to eat evil," I wanted to slap myself for being so fucking stupid. I literally never put Mali-vore together, duh.

Count me among those who like Landon way more away from Hope.  But I enjoyed hologram Landon.  So I guess I just find them tiresome in angsty teen romance mode.  He was funny and fun.

In fact, I've thought almost everyone more then last couple of episode.  Okay, not Roman's hair.  That shit is pitiful. 

I really like Raf and Hope together. I don't know that I'd ship them for a whole host of reasons, not the least of which is I'm not sure their dynamic would translate to a romantic relationship.  But their scenes as friends are nice.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Count me among those who like Landon way more away from Hope.  But I enjoyed hologram Landon.  So I guess I just find them tiresome as angsty teen romance mode.  He was funny and fun.

Yeah, it turns out that they needed snarky and smiley Landon this whole time. It did help me realize that the actor wasn't as wooden as I initially perceived him to be.

• Love 2

On some other boards I've seen ppl rooting for stefani Salvatore to show up at the school as a legacy ... Not really sure what she would be as I think both of her parents are just humans now... But we already have hope so I couldn't deal with a mini Elena who had some Damon qualities as I couldn't stand Damon pretty much any of the time... But an interesting legacy to me would be if somehow marcel and Rebecca had a kid.. I mean the rules are kinda all over the place now and before being a vamp Rebecca does come from a strong witch family... As for Marcel.. They've never really explained what he's turned into other than "the beast" but he's def not just a vampire anymore and he's a direct sire of Klaus... So whatever that kid turned out to be would be interesting... Doubt it'll happen because Marcel was never really written as all he could've been... 

55 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

On some other boards I've seen ppl rooting for stefani Salvatore to show up at the school as a legacy ... Not really sure what she would be as I think both of her parents are just humans now... 

Technically Elena is a Traveller descendant and doppelganger and Damon is from Silas's bloodline. So Stefani could be Something. And now that they've opened the door to a bestiary of supernaturals, there's room for her.

On 3/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Artsda said:

Was it me or did Landon's brother resemble Klaus? I thought before they did that revea; they were going to say he was a new Original or some relative of Hope's.

Between the squinty eyes and the constant smirking, Clark definitely reminds me of Klaus.

Responses to the thread:

* I doubt a child of Marcel Gerard and Rebekah Mikaelson will be introduced in Legacies, as that child would likely be more powerful than Hope and thus make Hope less special.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, beeemkcl said:

Responses to the thread:

* I doubt a child of Marcel Gerard and Rebekah Mikaelson will be introduced in Legacies, as that child would likely be more powerful than Hope and thus make Hope less special.

The child may be more powerful.. But so were bonnie and marcel at times.. As was Freya from time to time yet the show needed them all the time... So  I dunno if that would be the reason to not do it... I know I'd be interested in her powerset

• Love 2
15 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

The child [of Marcel and Rebekah] may be more powerful [than Hope]. But so were bonnie and marcel at times.. As was Freya from time to time yet the show needed them all the time... So  I dunno if that would be the reason to not do it... I know I'd be interested in her powerset

A Marcel/Rebekah child would also probably need to happen when Rebekah is still an Original vampire. And Legacies would need to do more '5 years later' things.

22 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Is there a reason why there is only 1 cell phone in the school? Plot device?

Since cell phones can take highly detailed videos, can be hidden easily and can transmit those videos to the internet, it's probably not a good idea to allow something that could reveal the existence of magic to the world at large.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ketose said:

Since cell phones can take highly detailed videos, can be hidden easily and can transmit those videos to the internet, it's probably not a good idea to allow something that could reveal the existence of magic to the world at large.

Duh that makes sense thank you!!

(edited)
3 hours ago, ketose said:

This is such a great explanation.

3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Also- why is Pedro the only little kid? Where is the rest of the lower school? Is Pedro a witch/werewolf/vampire?

I think he's probably a witch and almost definitely not a vampire but it's never been established what he is. 

We see other little kids in the school - in the first episode we see Pedro, he's part of a class that Lizzie is supposed to be helping. Later on in the same episode, the school counselor protects the younger kids from the gargoyle. In fact, she's supposed to be the Head of the Elementary school - that's why she gets a seat and vote on the Council. (Which doesn't make sense. Having a teacher on the student council is counterintuitive. They should have given that seat to the "valedictorian-esque candidate" of the elementary school but whatever). In the Freddie Kruger episode, he wakes up in a bunk dorm with other children. He's just the only named character little kid. (And I head canon that he's Lizzie's bff 😁.)

Edited by ursula
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, ursula said:

This is such a great explanation.

I think he's probably a witch and almost definitely not a vampire but it's never been established what he is. 

We see other little kids in the school - in the first episode we see Pedro, he's part of a class that Lizzie is supposed to be helping. Later on in the same episode, the school counselor protects the younger kids from the gargoyle. In fact, she's supposed to be the Head of the Elementary school - that's why she gets a seat and vote on the Council. (Which doesn't make sense. Having a teacher on the student council is counterintuitive. They should have given that seat to the "valedictorian-esque candidate" of the elementary school but whatever). In the Freddie Kruger episode, he wakes up in a bunk dorm with other children. He's just the only named character little kid. (And I head canon that he's Lizzie's bff 😁.)

Ah thank you- I remember now. Pedro is so adorable, next season Id like to see a few more characters in the lower schools.

I appreciated all of your posts as I watched on Netflix. 

• Love 2