Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

image.png.7e5093047bdbb21c486b64972d7d084c.png

Clearly Jeremy gets the grammar fail gene from both parents. There' also a lot of math fail. 50000 shares a .35 per share is a 17500 investment, not two thousand. Now yes, if you buy 50k shares at .35 and the share price goes to 1.20, you are, as Matt says "tripling you money" but his initial investment amount is way off.

Punctuation problems, grammar fails, yup, Jeremy doesn't fall far from the tree. 

Investing advice from Matt, marriage advice from Jeremy and Audrey, and cooking advice Amy, I just don’t know whom to listen to first!  

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Investing advice from Matt, marriage advice from Jeremy and Audrey, and cooking advice Amy, I just don’t know whom to listen to first!  

I don't watch Amy's cooking videos or follow her on social media, but I do appreciate that she knows her limits.  If someone follows Amy's recipe and it doesn't turn out, that's a shame, but if someone follows Matt or Jeremy/Auj's advice, there could be much bigger implications.  The truth of the matter is that Matt and Jeremy/Auj have no qualifications for the advice they give.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

I don't watch Amy's cooking videos or follow her on social media, but I do appreciate that she knows her limits.  If someone follows Amy's recipe and it doesn't turn out, that's a shame, but if someone follows Matt or Jeremy/Auj's advice, there could be much bigger implications.  The truth of the matter is that Matt and Jeremy/Auj have no qualifications for the advice they give.

Yeah, the problem with “penny stocks” is that while it doesn’t take much to double or triple your money, it doesn’t take much for the stock to go down to worthless. Risky investments are like gambling, imo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/5/2021 at 5:06 PM, AZChristian said:

I am under 5' tall.  I would LOVE to have a nice-looking chair in my living room where I could sit and have my feet actually touch the floor!!!!  This also looks like it's not too deep front to back, so my back could be against the back rest and my knees could bend at the correct angle!!!!

Matt stated they were created by Kepler Upholstery and Custom furniture that he ordered 5 of them for his Arizona house and new house.  Many mentions that Caryn was responsible    I’ve ordered furniture recently with a friend ( whose very  tall) with different arms ,legs , heights and fabric from a custom furniture store. It doesn’t make me co creator and producer.  if it does I want a fee because my friend knows nothing. I had to choose paint color  for him on the phone because I was sick. 

Interesting  I came across while looking for his furniture company an interview with Matt on “ First Class Fatherhood “ Never heard of it but the host interviews other well known class fathers like Rudy Giuliano in October never touching on fatherhood.
I only watched for few minutes and he came off pleasant enough ( Matt) he spoke about producer clipping together disagreements to make it looks like 6 months of fighting. They film over length of time then cut down to few  hour shows.  He implied producers want to punch things up.  He admits he’s a much better grand father than he was a father. and listens better.  * I don’t follow any of them , and not going to track down that big foot tweet or Instagram but it looks really nasty to retweet that. 

Maybe she wants her own place since she isn't getting married any time soon. Not quite a flip but easy to sell if she does marry. Depending on her current living situation, I can understand not wanting to wait forever. Honestly - has Matt even broken ground on his dream house?

• Love 2

Matt seems to go for large money making projects.  A house flipping, an amusement park for Pumpkin season and pumpkin season its self.

Amy scratches for pennies and looks silly and doesn't come off very well with the public!I

I'm really anxious to see if his furniture deal takes flight!  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy scratches for pennies and looks silly and doesn't come off very well with the public!I

I don't like the cooking videos or the fudge selling personally but the flaw in your logic is that Amy actually has a fan base that apparently loves it - the people praising her that everyone complains about in her thread. I don't get it either but she's got a fanbase. You may not like that she's apparently doing well with it - but if she "scratches for pennies" as you insist, then a failing venture would have long been dumped.

Matt seems to go for large money making projects.

Yet the only really consistent moneymaker was being a personality on a tv show. The pumpkin farm only took off because of the show and the farm is not an amusement park. Remember, the only "ride" is the tour, the tour where you can't enter the buildings because of building code issues. What else is there? The house flip that took a year? (lil hint, the profitability in flips is turning the property quickly) How bout that other property that he bought with the three wrecked houses that he started clearing and everyone insisted was the start of an awesome money making project until the property was sold about a year later with nothing done but some clearance? DAS the stool business that has a really small niche market to fill and appears to be shut down except for occasionally being resurrected for show stories?  The Christmas tree farm that was discussed? The *other* amusement park that Matt was scouting sites for in 2009? The vinyard/winery Matt was testing the soil for on the farm that petered out? Heck, what about the pirate ship that turned into a money pit and took actual years to complete?

I'm really anxious to see if his furniture deal takes flight!  

And this is a classic example of Matt getting credit for zero accomplishment. Matt's "furniture deal" is that he ordered himself some custom chairs from a local Portland furniture company thats been established for over 100 years.  Whats the deal? Has Matt *done* anything aside from order himself some custom chairs? What deal has he made? How is this a large money making deal?

Don't get me wrong, I think Matt was smart to get the tv show because the free advertising GREATLY enhanced pumpkin season (Season One has a lot of *Matt* scratching for dollars) but the tv show/pumpkin season combo is his only consistent success.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

And yet Matt bought Amy out, not the other way around.  And he has two houses AND a lot of land (comprising a farm that people pay money to visit).  

Amy, on the other hand, has her own comedy show . . . she just doesn't recognize it as such.  Most of her financial success is directly tied to Matt's efforts, which she got either as part of the divorce settlement or him buying out her interest in their mutually owned property.

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And yet Matt bought Amy out, not the other way around. 

And your point is? I don't mean that in a bad way - Matt buying Amy's side of the farm is clearly something that happened but it really has little to do with whether any business ventures outside the tv show enhancing the farm is successful. Yes, Matt bought the farm. Does that make his buying some custom chairs a money making furniture deal? Does it make the house flip that took a year successful? The christmas tree farm successful?

45 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

And he has two houses AND a lot of land (comprising a farm that people pay money to visit).  

You seem to be arguing that I said Matt isn't successful at all. Not the case. He's clearly making money from being on the show, and the show enhances the pumpkin season business a great deal. Did he own the two farm properties and the place in AZ BEFORE the show? 

48 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Most of her financial success is directly tied to Matt's efforts, which she got either as part of the divorce settlement or him buying out her interest in their mutually owned property.

Pretty sure she's also getting a check for being on a tv show, but again, not the point. Was Matt successful before the show? As a farmer and entrepreneur? What boosted pumpkin season was *the show*. What are Matt's other big money ideas that are paying him big bucks? Like the furniture deal that doesn't seem to exist, the vineyard that doesn't exist, the Christmas tree farm, the other amusement park, the year long house flip, the amazing property with the three houses needing tearing down that just sorta disappeared.

If the only way Matt's ventures look successful is to compare him to his ex wife who he pointedly preferred being a homemaker during their marriage, then he wins. But aside from the farm pumpkin season that became successful due to the tv show, what are these other successful large money maker ideas that have paid off?

• Love 8

I'd take Chris's flowers over Matt's arrangement any day of the week. What is Matt trying to prove, except that he's only adding to his mountain of debt 😄 He doesn't own anything outright. Multiple mortgages is not where I'd want to be at age almost 60.

• Love 8

So Matt shelled out a bunch of money for flowers that are going to be dead in a couple of weeks.  Um, good for him?  Also, don't see what was wrong with Amy's flowers?  I thought they were pretty.  (For the record, I don't really like Matt or Amy that much.)

• Love 5

Well, to be honest if Amy did get a bigger bouquet with more roses, she'd be accused to flaunting her relationship, overdoing it and probably lying about Chris getting it since no man would ever outdo Matt over Amy. I liked both sets of flowers. 

Agree BTW on not wanting a giant mortgage. Especially with the pandemic dramatically lowering profits for businesses that require attendance. Amy sold just before the market turned crappy. If she had waited, Matt would have dropped the price, I am sure.

• Love 6

I don't like the color or pattern, but the chair is interesting and definitely designed for someone with a usual adult-sized torso but short arms and legs. The seat looks too deep though. Matt should have another photo of his sitting in it to show if his knees reach the end of the seat. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt and Caryns new place since she didn't like the big house!  Lol

I don’t think that is the “dream” house he was building for him and Caryn.  I think this is just some sort of play house for the grandchildren to stay when they are at the farm. I am sure Tori will be over there ASAP to put her mark on the place for Baby J and Lilah Bean.   I get the impression she kisses Matt’s ass cause she knows which side of her bread is buttered.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/1/2021 at 3:35 PM, LucyEth said:

Is Zach physically capable of closing his mouth?  I’m being serious I have never seen a picture of him with his mouth closed.

I do think there is a physical reason their jaw prevents them from using their mouth in some ways.  Their natural position is  with mouth open. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The story of the Winchester Mystery House.  I've been there to visit.  Quite interesting.

Thank you for the link. I was able to get the article, but it wouldn’t show me the picture of her. I think I’ve heard of that place before. 

I Ducked it (Duck Duck Go) and saw the images. Helen Mirren made a movie about her in 2018. I’m not seeing the resemblance or understand the reference. Sorry. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you for the link. I was able to get the article, but it wouldn’t show me the picture of her. I think I’ve heard of that place before. 

I Ducked it (Duck Duck Go) and saw the images. Helen Mirren made a movie about her in 2018. I’m not seeing the resemblance or understand the reference. Sorry. 

I think the reference was about Matt constantly building, and probably will until the day he dies.  I don't think he's trying to appease ghosts, though. LOL.  He's more likely celebrating the freedom to do his projects without constant criticism.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I think the reference was about Matt constantly building, and probably will until the day he dies.  I don't think he's trying to appease ghosts, though. LOL.  He's more likely celebrating the freedom to do his projects without constant criticism.

Thanks. Now I get it. 😊

• Love 1