Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: Momster Mash

druzy
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I thought they were making a joke about the dress code for the event. Earlier they had been reading a letter or something about the costume guidelines and how Chelsea was going to have to go shopping to meet them. It seemed like the letter may have been a bit OTT in making sure everyone’s costumes were appropriate. I thought maybe the letter said something about costumes that are too sexual that struck Cole and Chelsea as funny. I’ve certainly made fun of  school guidelines letters with my sister that her kids bring home. Sometimes you can picture the pearl clutching that must have been involved.

Andrew is a hard pass. I think keeping Jace away from him might be the only good decision  Janelle’s ever made.

what are you going to do when you’re pissed off at Devoin, Brianna? Change Nova’s name again? A child’s last name should not be a bargaining tool. It’s the kids name. 

I can sometimes been a bit of a Kali defender since I think she has the sort of personality that allows people to enjoy her suffering and I think both Joe and Javi can be just as ridiculous at times, but aren’t judged as harshly, but she was annoyed? When isn’t she? I lose track of all the things that annoy her. Her primary emotion is annoyed. Still think Javi is a slime ball though.

Leah is fine. She’s sort of just there this season. Gracie however! Damn girl, come sit next to me. Gracie fir the win.

That reasoning makes a lot more sense, about the "sexual" comment from Chelsea! I knew she didn't intend to vamp it up at a children's event, that would be so unlike her. At an adult party, sure. 

I still secretly defend Kail too, for one important reason: she seems to be a good mother. I see her and the boys in bed, reading together, I love that. Teach your kids to love reading, it's truly a lifelong gift.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I think Becky is who Kailyn is referring to in her post about ditching a girl who loved her for Chris. 

It sounds like the agreement was to just cancel it. Barb probably didn’t find it to be worth the drama since she had money from the show.

I think it’s Bone or Dom. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mkay said:

I forgot about Dom, she might be it. I just don’t think it’s Bone based on how she’s acted about her and I don’t think they ever had any kind of romantic relationship but I guess “love” doesn’t have to mean that anyway. I’ll just be shocked if she ever starts talking to Bone again.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, FlowerofCarnage said:

There is hope for Gracie yet. Who would have thought that the child that everyone pegged as repeating the cycle has enough sense  to not want to end up like her mother. Lol 

Ever since we saw Gracie go to the fridge attempt to find some sort of food to feed her siblings when Leah was at the height of being pilled out, my opinion of Gracie changed.

Yeah, the kid is kind of abrasive and almost mean at times, but we all would be if we had to scrounge to find lunchables and make midnight canned ravioli as kindergartners to feed our toddler sister & twin while our mom did an opiod nod.  I think Gracie is really the one who kept (keeps?) the bare minimum of survival going for all three of the girlses when they're with Leah.  

Gracie is tenacious AF when it comes down to it. My money is on her for breaking the cycle, especially with Miranda & Corey in her life. Unless she ends up feeling like she has to stay around to help Leah do the basic functions of adulthood (especially if Ali goes downhill before the twins are adults themselves & Leah falls into deeper addictions, etc), I think Gracie is going to be able make a break for it. She's already pretty much better at the basics of adulting than a lot of the adults in this franchise and she seems to understand that good grades can be a way out of becoming Leah version 2/Mama Dawn version 3. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
On 3/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, Christina87 said:

Just now catching up! I rolled my eyes SO big when Leah said, "don't end up like me! I wasn't responsible and didn't make good decisions." I mean...good for being honest, but it annoyed me. For me personally it grated because I made good decisions and was responsible, yet here I am with a college degree and years of teaching experience, but no job, no husband, no kids, no one paying me 300K a year to do nothing...geeeez, life is unfair sometimes! I'm glad Leah is telling them not to do what she did, but I hope she explains, behind the scenes, that she was lucky to have the show, and that most teen moms are struggling. Otherwise the girls might parrot what she says, but secretly think, "so? We have everything we want, and Mommy went to Hawaii last year!"

PREACH! I don't watch the show anymore, but reading about it made me roll my eyes with these same thoughts. 

(And all husbands and all kids aren't necessarily what they're cracked up to be. I am hoping a magic MTV show comes along and offers you $300k/yr to be on a show about adults with degrees and work experience, but allows you to film from your couch. I'm sure it'd be more interesting than this show.)

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

PREACH! I don't watch the show anymore, but reading about it made me roll my eyes with these same thoughts. 

(And all husbands and all kids aren't necessarily what they're cracked up to be. I am hoping a magic MTV show comes along and offers you $300k/yr to be on a show about adults with degrees and work experience, but allows you to film from your couch. I'm sure it'd be more interesting than this show.)

Hahahaha thanks @MyPeopleAreNordic! 😂😂😂 They should do a show about people who made good decisions but are currently down on their luck. They could send me on job interviews and dates, and call it "Geriatric Mom!" Seriously I do think an interesting premise for a show would be adults in their thirties (both men and women, because men feel like this too!) who have their ducks in a row and want to have children before it's too late. The young mom think has been done to death, and I think this show would be just as dramatic, but in a different way. Since there is a deadline for having kids, and you can't force love, it would be interesting, and they could also find women who want to do IVF alone, and people trying to adopt. I think that would be a fascinating show! They might think adults in their 30's with their lives together would be boring, and the participants wouldn't be as pretty as teenagers, but they could cast attractive people in their 30's for sure. 

PS...I like "all husbands aren't what they're cracked up to be." I'm so tired of meeting men on dating sites with obvious red flags! The last dude was controlling and I called off our date, and this new dude I started talking to has some kind of weird tall woman fetish. He also keeps sending me pics from like 2010 when he "used to be in shape," and by keeps sending, I mean like every few hours. He is actually attractive IMO, and I keep telling him that, but for some reason he has to prove he used to be a stud. Wtf? They all seem super insecure too; if you don't answer in ten seconds, it's, "are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" No, you didn't. Act like a confident dater! Women are constantly told we have to act confident, so they should too. When I was in my twenties, I would just say, "being alone is better than being with the wrong person," without really meaning it, because it was a socially acceptable, trite, platitude to say that everyone agreed with. Secretly, I thought just about any relationship would be okay, and nothing could be worse than being alone. Now, I totally understand that phrase. I would sooooo much rather wait for the right person to eventually come along than even entertain these walking red flags, with all their baggage and insecurities! Nobody's life is perfect, but dang, can't you put on a positive front at least prior to the first date? I have zero interest in providing validation to broken men, or being some victim's sole source of happiness. I never thought I'd count being single as a blessing, but honestly, it is. My last boyfriend was amazing, except for the fact he didn't want to get married, and I'm holding out for another one of him. He was that rare first date where you think, "there's actually nothing wrong with this person! He just happens to be single." Certainly there is someone out there like that who wants marriage!

Edited by Christina87
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow, that is terrible. I saw a feature on those clinics on 60 Minutes or somewhere a few years ago, and I see them everywhere now. Not too long ago a 3 year old died under anesthesia:

https://www.today.com/health/children-being-sedated-dentistry-practice-now-under-new-scrutiny-t113039

YES - I was horrified by that report.  These kids do not necessarily need these procedures done, but the parents are not knowledgeable enough to ask for a 2nd opinion or really question the dentist.  My son has a black front tooth from getting knocked in the mouth at baseball and the dentist did an x-ray to see that the root is fine, so we are not pulling the tooth and causing pain to a 6 year old.  He will lose it soon.  I am glad to have a dentist who knows what she is doing.

They also put the kids in the little burrito sacks where they could not get free and it broke my heart.  That is torture.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, blubld43 said:

Her ass must look huge from the back.

I think these young women who obsessively post photoshopped pictures of themselves come to believe they actually look like that. Then they're shocked when someone calls them out.

You can tell it is huge from the FRONT!  And you should not be able to tell that from the front.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:35 AM, Rebecca said:

I think Becky is who Kailyn is referring to in her post about ditching a girl who loved her for Chris. 

Are she and Chris still together?

1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

You got out!  I think my time is coming soon... I get so angry when I watch.  I am hoping to hit rock bottom soon, and finally give it up!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 3/16/2019 at 8:34 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

Where is the friend that was telling Karl last week that she needs to talk to Javi and be mature? Is she ousted now? 

Kail said she lives 3-4 hours away I think so she's not around all the time.

On 3/17/2019 at 2:35 AM, Rebecca said:

It sounds like the agreement was to just cancel it. Barb probably didn’t find it to be worth the drama since she had money from the show.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:50 AM, Mkay said:

I think for sure its Dom. I don't think Bone was a lesbian. And Kail and Becky are still good friends. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Kail said she lives 3-4 hours away I think so she's not around all the time.

I think for sure its Dom. I don't think Bone was a lesbian. And Kail and Becky are still good friends. 

I wish she’d freaking tell us who she meant. Did Dom really love her? Um, why? 😆 

I’m kinda out of the loop as far as Kailyn’s life outside of the show, aside from major things, and I was surprised to learn that Becky was Kailyn’s date to Jo’s wedding. It looks like the wedding was less than 6 months ago...I’m assuming after the shit we are seeing now on the show? Or was it before? I assume after because the show is general so far behind real time but it seems odd that she’d still go to the wedding with what is currently going on between them on the show. Does anyone know the timeline? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I definitely think the Tweet was referring to Dom. She never tried to date Becky, AFAIK. 

She may not admit to having actually dated her, but she insinuated it with social media pics/vague posts. Not saying one way or the other who she's referencing, but she does love to stir stuff up so she could mean either woman, a different woman or she could just want some attention.

SM Pics: 

images.jpg

download.jpg

• Love 6

Kail seems like the type to have poor boundaries/loose morals* and fool around with/fuck her "friends" whenever the mood strikes. I think if/when the sex partners complain, she's quick to get real technical and tell them that they weren't "officially" dating; she never promised them X,Y, or Z; if they really cared about her, they'd understand that she's going through a lot; etc.; etc. At her core, Kail is a very selfish person who can always justify using/hurting other people to get what she wants. Of course, when the shoe is on the other foot (like with Chris), she's SUPER QUICK to sob her eyes out, throw fits, and cry to anyone who will listen about how hard done by she is.

*I say "loose morals" not to judge premarital/uncommitted/non-monogamous sex, but to indicate a lack of concern for how one's sexual behavior affects others, be it the people one is having sex with; one's partners/the partners of the people you're screwing; family members; friends; etc.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Ever since we saw Gracie go to the fridge attempt to find some sort of food to feed her siblings when Leah was at the height of being pilled out, my opinion of Gracie changed.

Yeah, the kid is kind of abrasive and almost mean at times, but we all would be if we had to scrounge to find lunchables and make midnight canned ravioli as kindergartners to feed our toddler sister & twin while our mom did an opiod nod.  I think Gracie is really the one who kept (keeps?) the bare minimum of survival going for all three of the girlses when they're with Leah.  

Gracie is tenacious AF when it comes down to it. My money is on her for breaking the cycle, especially with Miranda & Corey in her life. Unless she ends up feeling like she has to stay around to help Leah do the basic functions of adulthood (especially if Ali goes downhill before the twins are adults themselves & Leah falls into deeper addictions, etc), I think Gracie is going to be able make a break for it. She's already pretty much better at the basics of adulting than a lot of the adults in this franchise and she seems to understand that good grades can be a way out of becoming Leah version 2/Mama Dawn version 3. 

There’s something in the Sib community we call “being parentified”. Often the oldest typical girl child becomes parentified in a family where one child has a disability- especially if the parent is a single parent. 

I most certainly believe Gracie has been parentified. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 3/16/2019 at 5:15 PM, FozzyBear said:

I can sometimes been a bit of a Kali defender since I think she has the sort of personality that allows people to enjoy her suffering and I think both Joe and Javi can be just as ridiculous at times, but aren’t judged as harshly, but she was annoyed? When isn’t she? I lose track of all the things that annoy her. Her primary emotion is annoyed. Still think Javi is a slime ball though.

I have to agree with this.  I have good bit of sympathy for Kail, her mother is a fall-down drunk with the maternal instincts of a gerbil.  Her father has never been in her life and when she did meet him it was a total let-down shitshow, including a discussion on eating roadkill.  She was/is thisclose to actually being feral.  That said, at some point in your life, you decide if you're going to go through it biting every hand extended to you or if you're going to at least politely sniff a few.  She needs to start sniffing more.

That aside, anyone else get the feeling that Javi's gym would totally be a place where you can buy steroids and horse tranquilizers in the bathroom?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 3/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, Lemur said:

That said, at some point in your life, you decide if you're going to go through it biting every hand extended to you or if you're going to at least politely sniff a few.  She needs to start sniffing more.

I was just kinda scanning post and "politely sniff a few," popped out at me. I had to scroll up and see what was happening because I thought we'd gone WAY off track here. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Birdee said:

I was just kinda scanning post and "politely sniff a few," popped out at me. I had to scroll up and see what was happening because I thought we'd gone WAY off track here. 

I think that the show has enabled Kail to avoid the series of life experiences that could lead her to "politely sniffing a few." Without the fame/money/opportunities from the show, she would have had to learn pretty quickly to be nicer and more appreciative across the board, or at least to some people. With the show, she's given pretty much everyone her ass to kiss since she was living with the Riveras. At minimum, back in the day, the show made her more attractive/valuable to Jordan(?), her bf/co-worker at Sports Authority (or whatever) and Javi, as well as other friends/acquaintances/professors/etc. (not to mention SM followers, people who bought her book, etc.) Those people have collectively contributed a lot to helping Kail get to where she is today. Without the show, most/many of those people wouldn't have given her the time of day, much less done as much as they did for her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

I think that the show has enabled Kail to avoid the series of life experiences that could lead her to "politely sniffing a few." Without the fame/money/opportunities from the show, she would have had to learn pretty quickly to be nicer and more appreciative across the board, or at least to some people. With the show, she's given pretty much everyone her ass to kiss since she was living with the Riveras. At minimum, back in the day, the show made her more attractive/valuable to Jordan(?), her bf/co-worker at Sports Authority (or whatever) and Javi, as well as other friends/acquaintances/professors/etc. (not to mention SM followers, people who bought her book, etc.) Those people have collectively contributed a lot to helping Kail get to where she is today. Without the show, most/many of those people wouldn't have given her the time of day, much less done as much as they did for her.

You know, I had never thought about it, but Kail's anger at her childhood situation (which is completely justifiable) made her the perfect candidate to turn into a hateful beast with a "kiss my ass" attitude. I remember in about seventh grade, when I was in my awkward phase, desperately wanting to be a famous actress one day. A huge motivation was my peers being like, "wow! We knew her back then! If only we had thought she was important when we were in middle school together. Maybe, if I'm extremely lucky, she'll autograph this poster?" I wasn't even bullied necessarily, just felt awkward and ignored like most teens who aren't in the cool crowd do. 

I could easily see this happening to Kail, but on a much larger scale. As a child, she probably felt unimportant and unloved when her friends' parents had birthday parties for them, and took them trick or treating. As a teen, she probably felt so alone and rejected when her mom left her to her own devices while she partied and sought out boyfriends. In a normal world, where Kail didn't have a chance to become a star, these circumstances might have motivated her to work hard and make something of herself. However, when she suddenly became famous, she was able to call the shots, and suddenly had people sucking up to her, for once! She had something that others wanted for the first time in her life. I can see how this would make someone bitchy, but at the same time, I'd hope they'd recognize that pattern by their late twenties. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I can see how this would make someone bitchy, but at the same time, I'd hope they'd recognize that pattern by their late twenties. 

That's the thing. Most people recognize patterns in their behavior/life choices by their late 20's (or 30's, or 50's, or whenever) because life has taught them those lessons somehow. If Kail had gotten fired from numerous jobs for her attitude, lost boyfriends she liked/who were helping her out because she was dishonest and abusive, had friends/neighbors tell her they aren't going to babysit for her for free anymore because she was rude and unappreciative, etc., etc., those experiences would have motivated her to at least rethink her approach. As it is, when people react negatively to her behavior, she's been able to tell them to fuck themselves and either find other suckers to put up with her or deal with stuff on her own. She has a huge sense of self-importance and entitlement, despite having accomplished almost nothing in life. In 10 years when the show is long over and she's a single mom of 4+ kids struggling to make ends meet, she'll be learning a lot of stuff that she might have learned as a teen or young adult if it weren't for the show.

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 7