Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

Audrey is really singing her mom’s praises.  Two more posts about how great she is and how lucky they are that their kids get to learn from her.  Yet nothing for Mimi Amy.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Since there’s two photographers in her family (Jeremy and Tori), I wonder why Amy didn’t hit them up for Amy...Amy Roloff...Amy Roloff’s Little Photo Shoot?

I suspect there's trouble in that paradise!

• Love 7

I’m watching a couple of old episodes in one Ember is born, Amy decides to go on a week long motor cycle trip with Chris right before old Daisy Braids is ready to pop, potentially missing the birth. In the same episode, Amy talks about missing Always More Oils’ baby shower.  I forget why, maybe going away again with Chris.  I think they were going to see her parents.  Anyway, Amy decides to throw another baby shower because the producers told her to she missed the first one.  In the episode or the one before it, Rebel with a thigh gap, explicitly states Caryn is her friend.  Up until that point, I had always thought according to certain posts, one half of America’s most-respected authors, didn’t care for any of Jeremy’s “ex-family”.  I’m lumping Caryn in with that term.  So is it more Au Jus just didn’t care for Amy or does she’s not care for Germ’s ex-family or did I misunderstand the crap I read.

On a side note, was it just me or did Jer Bear totally fucked up that kitchen remodel, but they didn’t want to just come out and say he fucked up that remodel, so they just danced around it with the being a DIY guy and it being frustrating

P.S.  I’m assuming Amy was there for Ember’s birth.  I skipped that episode, but was this around the time there was talk Jer supposedly wanted to move into the big house and I guess relegate Amy to the guest room? FWIW I don’t really favor any of these people with the possible exception of Molly and to a lesser extent Jacob, so I’m not on anyone’s “side”.  I think they all have both nice and jerk-like tendencies at certain times.  With that said Amy was insufferable in these episodes and apparently this was about a year into her relationship with Chris.  I also guffawed at Matt contemplating running for Senator.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

On a side note, was it just me or did Jer Bear totally fucked up that kitchen remodel, but they didn’t want to just come out and say he fucked up that remodel, so they just danced around it with the being a DIY guy and it being frustrating.

He totally mucked it up.  Cabinet doors were hung askew, they tore out the new backsplash when they tried to replace the counter top (because they didn't know that the backsplash goes up LAST).  And then I think it didn't pass code inspection or something, so they had to have professionals re-do it.  Pictures they posted showed "Mr. DIY" working in the construction mess in sandals.  They are buffoons.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 9/20/2020 at 6:52 AM, AZChristian said:

He totally mucked it up.  Cabinet doors were hung askew, they tore out the new backsplash when they tried to replace the counter top (because they didn't know that the backsplash goes up LAST).  And then I think it didn't pass code inspection or something, so they had to have professionals re-do it.  Pictures they posted showed "Mr. DIY" working in the construction mess in sandals.  They are buffoons.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the same thing that happened with the tree trunk desk/table... I seem to recall him screwing it up and then bringing in someone to fix it.

Now whenever he talks about it he leaves out that part of the story and just sits there boasting about the desk he made. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Omg that's a whole lot of NASTY!!.. Don't get me wrong I love a nice cheesy grilled cheese but that looks like someone ate a grilled cheese barfed it back up and stuck it between a couple slices of burned toast.

I watched Ina Garten make a scrumptious looking grilled cheese, it was browned and crisped to perfection with a couple different types of cheese ready to ooze into your mouth with every bite but it was still IN the bread and not slopped all over the plate and swimming in grease.

Amy really needs to learn how to cook and then she needs to learn how to photograph food.

Is she really so clueless that she actually thinks that's an appealing picture?

Or is she punking us?

Jacob was right, his mom's cooking is horrible.

No wonder Amy's got THUNDER THIGHS and chunky little drumstick arms. 🍗 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Auto correct is not my friend. 😂
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy really needs to learn how to cook and then she needs to learn how to photograph food.

Yes, a big part of her problem is also the pics she posts are less then appealing.

I also saw Ina’s grilled cheese show, they all looked delicious.

• Love 2

I don't think Amy gives a dam.  She's riding on the Roloff name and the show getting people to watch her catastrophes in cooking!

Each watch and subscribe gives Amy points toward another monthly check!  She's got a great gig going.

One would think she'd be a bit concerned about her reputation in the cooking dept but evidently money is more important so full steam ahead!

She couldn't sell fudge and she couldn't sell bread but she's flying on the Roloff name.  Her second chapter lol.

Remember back when she wanted to sell her products at the pumpkin festival and not share.  She's a hummer!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm just not understanding the harping on 'using the Roloff name'. Amy Roloff is a Roloff. We don't live in a world where a divorced woman becomes an unperson with no affiliations or rights. When a woman marries and takes her husband's name, that's a gift she isn't required to give back. 

I'm also going to be honest... the Roloff name without a tv show will not buy you a cup of coffee. For example Matt's kid book is currently #635344 on the Amazon top 100. 

Really though, Amy is a Roloff. This belief that she's doing something wrong or shameful or unfair by using the name she's used for 25 years just seems out of place. She has every right to use her married name if she chooses to, even if it's purely for profit which seems to be the complaint. Amy was required to change her name to marry. She gets to keep it. Matt wasn't required to take her name, and of all the things he's whined about, Amy using the Roloff name has never come up.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What is the green stuff on the plate?!?

I don’t even want to guess. 

Okay so I looked through her Grilled Cheese recipes and none of them have lettuce, avocado or anything green other than green onion.

So she posted a pic of a sandwich which doesn't match any of her recipes, typical Amy 🙄

I'm not sure but I think the sandwich in the picture is her "Blue Cheese, Cream Cheese and Pancetta"

I copied and pasted the recipe below, so don't blame me for any spelling issues etc.

"Blue Cheese, Cream Cheese and Pancetta"

Ingredients

8 Slices of good hardy white bread (or other other preference)

1 – 8 oz package Cream Cheese softened

1 – 6 oz package of Blue Cheese Crumbles

2 green onions finely chopped

4 slices of pancetta

Butter

Directions

8 slices of good hardy white bread (or other preference)
Combine Cream Cheese, Blue Cheese Crumbles and green onion in a bowl.  In a pan cook pancetta til done and slightly crispy.  Add to cheese mixture.  Butter one side of 4 slices of the bread.  Spread Cheese mixture on unbuttered side. Butter one side of the other 4 slices of bread and place the unbuttered side on top of the cheese.  Place sandwiches on baking sheet and broil til slightly toasted and brown. Gently flip and broil til slightly taoasted and brown.
8 Slices of good white bread

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

Combine Cream Cheese, Blue Cheese Crumbles and green onion in a bowl.  In a pan cook pancetta til done and slightly crispy.  Add to cheese mixture.  Butter one side of 4 slices of the bread.  Spread Cheese mixture on unbuttered side. Butter one side of the other 4 slices of bread and place the unbuttered side on top of the cheese.  Place sandwiches on baking sheet and broil til slightly toasted and brown. Gently flip and broil til slightly taoasted and brown.

Here's how I would re-write those instructions.  (I'm eliminating the ingredients list.)

• Melt 1 stick of butter.
  • Combine cream cheese, blue cheese crumbles and green onion in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
  • Cook pancetta in frying pan until slightly crispy.  
  • Drain and crumble pancetta; add to cheese mixture.
  • Using pastry brush, generously butter one side of four slices of bread; place butter-side down on a baking sheet.
  • Spread equal servings of cheese and pancetta mixture onto the unbuttered side of the bread on the baking sheet (the side facing up).
  • Using pastry brush, generously butter one side on each of the four remaining slices of bread. Place buttered-side up to top off the sandwiches.
  • Place baking sheet in broiler and cook until buttered sandwich tops are golden brown.
  • Remove baking sheet from broiler and gently flip the sandwiches.
  • Return baking sheet to broiler and cook until new tops are golden brown.
  • Serve.  Please remember not to talk while your mouth is full, and chew with your mouth shut.

• LOL 7
55 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

The green stuff is pesto, one of the recipes calls for pesto.

I thought of that as I read through the recipes

Her pesto grilled cheese recipe has slices of tomato in it and I guess that could have tomatoes but I wasn't sure.

I tried to pick the one that I thought looked the most like her recipe but none of them were a perfect fit and that pic looks like it might have pancetta in it... but who knows.. its hard to tell what's in that sloppy mess.

JMO but I think that pic is a combination of a few recipes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

JMO but I think that pic is a combination of a few recipes.

What a radical idea!  Add things we like to a grilled cheese sandwich.  Wow.  I'm so glad Amy shared that picture with us, as we would never have thought of that on our own.

/sarcasm (directed at Amy, not you @Dustbunny)

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I guess when somebody gets divorced and it's really a bitter parting of the ways and then they decide to start their 'second act' I have to wonder that they don't give up their married name.  Start Fresh.

So who thinks Amy will give up the Roloff name when she marries Chris.  LOL  Would that be her third act?  Still carrying the Roloff name and still posting nasty cooking video's and still a Roloff!

I'm thinking if she keeps the Roloff name after marrying Chris then she thinks him not as good as Matt and unable to keep up with the Roloffs.

Something to ponder as we await the wedding.  My vote is she can't cook but she knows 'what side her bread is buttered on' and will remain Amy Roloff.

Too bad Chris but then again there are those monthly checks coming to Amy ROLOFF

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm thinking if she keeps the Roloff name after marrying Chris then she thinks him not as good as Matt and unable to keep up with the Roloffs.

That's an interesting assumption on your part. 

I'm thinking that she keeps the Roloff name now because she's actually been Amy Roloff for 25 years and socially and professionally she's been known as Amy Roloff. She's not required by law or by society to resume her maiden name, and its a pain in the butt at best, and can financially and professionally impact her to give up the name she's used for 25 years. Many divorced women make this choice for a variety of reasons. 

If Amy chooses to not take Chris's name professionally when and if they marry, there's sound reasons for this. Like it or not (and I am not fond of the cooking videos career) she's making her money off her identity as Amy Roloff of Little People Big World - which is a show she's been on for what 14 years? Its simply good sense to not give up her professional identity. Its quite common for women to do this - Dr. Jen Arnold for example uses her maiden name professionally but socially and with family is Jen Klein.

Amy has every right to use her name - and it is *her* name as she sees fit, and good for her in showing some sense about maintaining the name professionally. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I'm not sure why anyone cares what name Amy uses, but for some women, it's important to share the same name as their children.  Frankly, anyone who does care about her name probably isn't a fan, anyway, so why would she care if those people judged her about it?

• Love 8

I don’t see what the big deal with her using the Roloff name. If the roles were reversed, I’m sure Matt would continue to use it too.  Actually, I can see Matt wanting her to use it....she has a decent fan base and anything promoting Roloff just adds attention to Roloff Farms. Personally, I hope she keeps it.  It’s hard enough listening to her stumble with her video introductions now, I can’t imagine throwing a new name into the mix.

• Love 3

No worries Amy will never give up anything that makes her a buck or two!

I read some of the previous episodes linked somewhere around here.

I'm curious why Jacob took off again?  He was living with Amy for a month or longer. When Amy left why did he leave?  Seems that big house is sitting there empty!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm curious why Jacob took off again?  He was living with Amy for a month or longer. When Amy left why did he leave?  Seems that big house is sitting there empty!

Since he got married last year, Jacob and Isabel have since moved to Bend. He apparently works in a brewery.

The house doe seem to be sitting empty.

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe Matt had expectations that he would pay rent or do some work around the farm in lieu of rent?  

I wonder if he did anything at all while he and the misses were residing with Amy? 

Probably not.  He is Amy's boy!

LOL I  bet when Amy high tailed it down the road and Matt said the word WORK Jacob packed up and was gone by nightfall on the first day.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Maybe Matt had expectations that he would pay rent or do some work around the farm in lieu of rent?  

And maybe Matt didn't want Jacob sitting in the house smoking weed 24/7

He's been quite open about his love of weed. 🚬 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Why doesn't Amy have any feet in the last picture of the professional birthday or fourth year anniversary date or whatever the heck those pictures above are? 

I hadn't noticed but you're right in the last pic she looks like she's standing on stumps plus in the first pic she's wearing a black dress with black boots, the second pic she's in black pants with brown boots and the last pic she's back in the black dress with stumps.

Chris is wearing the same thing in all 3 pics so Amy must have done a costume change in between pics.

She should have kept the dress on for all 3 pics because her thighs are gigantic in the pic with the tight black pants on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Chris is wearing the same thing in all 3 pics so Amy must have done a costume change in between pics.

She should have kept the dress on for all 3 pics because her thighs are gigantic in the pic with the tight black pants on.

We had professional pictures taken for our 50th anniversary, and they told us to bring two outfits each to the session - casual and dressy.  These pictures of Amy and HER MAN make me think that he pretty much does what he wants to do and he just posed in what he had on.

As to the pic with the tight black pants . . . the photographer can only take pictures of what exists.  Her thighs are proportionally gigantic in whatever she wears.  Part of it is her dwarfism, and the other part is the 18 pounds she admits to have gained during Covid.  These pants and the jeans she often wears just highlight them.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I imagine that Amy’s proportions makes shopping for pants really difficult. 

I am also short (not as short as Amy, but under 5 feet), and not thin.  Shopping for pants IS difficult, but not impossible.  When you're this height/weight, a tailor is your friend.  Buy a couple of pairs of jeans (NOT stretchy ones) and a couple of dressier pants, have them all altered and just change out the tops for a new look.  Especially if you're trying to make yourself into a very visible public figure.  Let people focus on your accomplishments, not your shortcomings or what you wear.

• Useful 3
31 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

To be honest, I think Amy could starve herself, drop 60 pounds even, and she's still going to have big thighs and a big butt.  There's just not much to be done with her body shape.

I agree.  Proportionally, her thighs and butt will always be larger.  Nothing she can do about that.  But she could dress to minimize her physical liabilities.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

To be honest, I think Amy could starve herself, drop 60 pounds even, and she's still going to have big thighs and a big butt.  There's just not much to be done with her body shape.

And as long as her "man" likes her body that's all that matters.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I agree.  Proportionally, her thighs and butt will always be larger.  Nothing she can do about that.  But she could dress to minimize her physical liabilities.

She could (and should) watch how much she eats.  Gaining 18 lbs. in a few months is ridiculous. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Looks like Honduran to my eyes.

Thanks!

Just now, ginger90 said:

Amy must have edited it. It was Hondaran in the original post. I remember thinking, the Honda ran?

Yes. She DID edit it. Thanks Ginger90. I have 20/30 vision and was seriously getting concerned that my eyes were getting bad!

• Love 4