Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Adiba said:

When I read this thread, it looks more like Amy has some loyal “not -a-fans” and that Amy can do nothing right. For each post defending Amy, there are at least five criticizing her. And everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just don’t see your analogy as being accurate here.

On this site everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

On other sites that Amy is moderating those not liking Amy have their statements and opinions removed.

Amy has a personality not appealing to the masses.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

On this site everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

On other sites that Amy is moderating those not liking Amy have their statements and opinions removed.

I did say in my post that everyone is entitled to their opinion. That wasn’t the point of my post. 
I was responding to @zenme and the post that implied that this thread  had many Amy fans who think Amy can do no wrong. This thread seems to be mostly posts criticizing Amy.
I’m not talking about other sites nor am I saying that everyone shouldn’t have the right to their own opinion about Amy and post it here.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 5

Adiba, I get you.

Ironically, I don't particularly care for Amy, she's too needy and too dumb, and it honestly kills me that she falls for Matt's nonsense over and over....

But I try to be fair. I genuinely don't see a problem with someone having a white wedding in their fifties if thats what they want and they can afford it. Considering that Matt is applauded for spending thousands of dollars building himself a play cabin (that if you watch his little video, still isn't finished and is so far off the beaten track, its not going to be part of the farm tour), I really don't understand why Amy is supposed to support multiple charities with her money while Matt gets applauded for every little toy he builds cause he wants to cause he had a bad childhood due to dwarfism and must now indulge all his whims cause he suffered. 

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy *moderates* other sites now? I mean, other than her instagram? Point - I think its pretty reasonable for someone to moderate comments on their own site. 

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't especially find her appealing but the irony here is that she actually does have quite a few fans. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I prefer to take each person individually. Whataboutism has roots that need not be repeated in any aspect of life. In my opinion, of course.

What is "whataboutism"?  You mean "all roads lead to Matt"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I prefer to take each person individually. Whataboutism has roots that need not be repeated in any aspect of life. In my opinion, of course.

Whereas when its a tv show with a couple who was married for 25 years who then separated, when it comes to many criticisms, I think comparisons are valid. For example both Amy and Matt now have a great deal of money. Neither are especially charitable - why is Amy chided for not being charitable while Matt is applauded for indulging his whims in an expensive way yet again?

Meanwhile, to be more on topic, my mild concern with the big wedding is that I think Amy is setting expectations on it that no event can satisfy and thats unfortunate considering the money being spent. My suspicion is that gripe going forward will be that she didn't want the wedding on the farm and settled.  

• Love 3

I just can't picture that barn being made decent for the wedding? It is so huge and dirty. It will take a large crew to do anything at all to it I am thinking? How can it possibly be decorated? I guess it must be possible as other weddings were held there, but myself, I can not picture it in my mind.

• Love 1

I think they're going to be married outdoors in front of that white archway with rows of chairs set up for the guests.  The reception will then be held in the barn.  Maybe they'll hang sheets to hide all the junk tools and equipment, then decorate with balloons, etc.

• Love 1

Several -- maybe all -- of the wedding receptions on the farm have been held in the barn (photos and videos are online).  Always looked nice to me, and that was before wildflower fields and a bazillion pansies were planted!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I will admit I just can't wait to see this wedding.

Unfortunately, you will have to!  If we're lucky, we'll get the classy and elegant bridal shower tomorrow.  Maybe what Deb meant was that she was hosting the shower, and SHE is classy and elegant?

• LOL 2

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.

-Wikipedia 

• Useful 3
21 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Deb was single then too?  So Amy didn't have Chris as a partner at that singles event.  Amy said one of her goals was to lose weight.  That didn't happen.

So Deb has been married twice and divorced twice?  No, Chris didn't choose her!

The 2012 season trailer also popped up; much more interesting that 2021 so far...

Amy was sort of pushy and a little obnoxious,  Where can I get wine, everyone has wine.  Then notice she is the only one with a plate of food and is eating.  Then she announces, I'm just going to sit over here.  Hurry everyone Amy is sitting over there!   The Little Bulldozer making her debut.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Amy's "pants" are awful. So much for caring about your appearance for a pre bridal shower get together. HeeHaw!

They look like they need a ‘bath’!  

I was looking at Amy’s greasy hair and noticed it might be cut and shorter than usual. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

What the heck is a 'pre-bridal shower get-together (with one apostrophe) anyway?  Are these her soup night people?  Deb's dog-sitting business customers?  Did they not wish to mingle with Amy's granddaughters or DILs -- or at least the unvaxxed among them???

That woman comes up with more reasons to party...

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Be Civil is the #1 Rule here at Primetimer. Each poster is entitled to their opinion (positive or negative) on Amy and the rest of the participants of the show. Discussing the differences of opinion is fine (and the point of the forum), being uncivil is not.

There is a difference between discussing trends among posts, and using a differing opinion as an excuse to be uncivil to a fellow poster. 

We are here to discuss the participants of Little People Big World not belittle the opinions of others. 

• Love 1

A pre bridal shower get together, so they got together before Saturday's shower?  I noticed in that paint party clip that Amy was trying to impress saying she has seen the Mona Lisa and then said it is in Italy, Bob corrected her🤣   Oh Brothers!

• LOL 11
12 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

A pre bridal shower get together, so they got together before Saturday's shower?  I noticed in that paint party clip that Amy was trying to impress saying she has seen the Mona Lisa and then said it is in Italy, Bob corrected her🤣   Oh Brothers!

When did Amy tour the Louvre?  I must've missed that episode!

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

It's Deb's backyard (again).  Looks like it might have been the same day, but before she changed into her dress?  Who knows???

Deb lives on a river or lake?  Looks like they're standing on a dock.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

At least she spared us her usual pronunciation of the “Louvre”…. Amy calls it the Louver 

I couldn’t believe it everyone was sipping wine and there’s Amy with her mouth full of food, chewing, swallowing and talking… her tongue sweeping around after stray tidbits as she blabbered and as usual the loudest person in the room.

she’s such a caveman

• LOL 9

I think it's fine she had a Shower, what I find odd is that Molly isn't there?  I get that she lives in Spokane, but you're mom getting married is a pretty big deal.  Surely she could've taken a weekend off.

I'm sure it's because the show is paying for it, but I find it the most odd that Amy and Chris are getting married at the farm.  Her old marital home? Really?  They literally could've afforded anywhere else, but no, it's got to be the farm, where her Ex still lives.  That's not awkward at all.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I couldn’t believe it everyone was sipping wine and there’s Amy with her mouth full of food, chewing, swallowing and talking… her tongue sweeping around after stray tidbits as she blabbered and as usual the loudest person in the room.

If we're talking about the paint dating clip recently posted, they only appear to be serving wine and beer. There was no food there as far as I could see. Where did you see this?

Food shoveling at 03:21.

Chris says "we met briefly on Wednesday," so even THIS wasn't the first meeting.

My bad on the venue (it does look like a public place).  Distracted by those jeans.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

If we're talking about the paint dating clip recently posted, they only appear to be serving wine and beer. There was no food there as far as I could see. Where did you see this?

A few stills grabbed from the video

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 5.44.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 5.43.57 PM.png

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

There was a whole table of food but Amy is the only one filling her face and talking at the same time

• Love 6