Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Which brings us back to Amy's two-second fried chicken video...

Did I miss that video?  Please repost it if possible.

I don't think Amy has yet realized that her "calling" is not cooking. It's stand up comedy.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

Commenters noted that it browned too quickly, meaning that the oil was too hot, which meant the inside possibly wasn't thoroughly cooked.  The meat seems okay in the screenshot, but her nails look filthy!  It's always something with her.  Then at 11:27, she handles the cooked chicken with the same hand with which she had just handled the raw chicken.  Never change, Amy!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 6
13 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

So they bought 1/2 a pig from Matt

Does Matt raise pigs for slaughter? Yuck. And why would "Miss Hatred of all things Matt" buy anything from him? 

(Unless he had a rare clown face coffee mug.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Quite possibly he bought a whole pig, and she bought half from him; families often go in together on slaughtered farm animals if they both have deep freezes.  I've seen goats, but no pigs on the Roloff farm.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Commenters noted that it browned too quickly, meaning that the oil was too hot, which meant the inside possibly wasn't thoroughly cooked.  The meat seems okay in the screenshot, but her fingernails are filthy!  There's always something about Amy...

Did I really see what I thought I did? Was she using some large size coffee cup to measure "a cup of flour"? I could be wrong so I'm just asking.

"Hey Hi" Amy. It's Chenoa here. Why do you wear hiking boots in the kitchen while cooking chicken? 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:

Commenters noted that it browned too quickly, meaning that the oil was too hot, which meant the inside possibly wasn't thoroughly cooked.  The meat seems okay in the screenshot, but her nails look filthy!  It's always something with her.  Then at 11:27, she handles the cooked chicken with the same hand with which she had just handled the raw chicken.  Never change, Amy!

After undercooking the first piece or two of the chicken, she finally got the temperature of the oil right, so the rest of the meat was probably OK. She used one of last pieces for the camera shot sandwich. She said she was having people over (grandkids?), so whoever got that first piece of chicken, got a raw meat sandwich. It wasn't in the pan long enough to get the center even pink. Maybe she noticed it when she cut the sandwich and made a quick peanut butter substitute. 

Oh, the nails. 

• LOL 1
(edited)

She undercooked the first couple of pieces, scorching the outside, then noticed the oil was too hot, so turned it completely OFF.  At some point she turned it back on (after a few pieces sat in the cold oil not moving at all), then was shown re-entering the room wearing boots while the chicken was frying away without her supervision.  Does she do a trial run of these recipes before filming?  What am I saying; this is Amy we're talking about!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 8
21 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

She undercooked the first couple of pieces, scorching the outside, then noticed the oil was too hot, so turned it completely OFF.  At some point she turned it back on (after a few pieces sat in the cold oil not moving at all), then was shown re-entering the room wearing boots while the chicken was frying away without her supervision.  Does she do a trial run of these recipes before filming?  What am I saying; this is Amy we're talking about!

She really needs a thermometer because this isn’t the first time she’s had her oil way too hot and then compensated by turning it off…. Or just buy a little electric deep fryer where she could regulate the temperature.

she’s definitely not the right person for flying by the seat of her pants with a frying pan full of boiling hot oil… plus when she isn’t on her stool I worry because her face is level with a big frying pan full of sizzling hot oil.

• Love 7

The pork chop meal was a garlic and rosemary-palooza, but she did try to address the criticism of reusing  tasting spoons. She brought out three clean spoons and put them on the counter. After she used one to taste the dressing (?), she put it back on the counter with the others. When she wanted another spoon, she had to stare at them to figure out which two were clean. It she had just put the used spoon off to the side, she wouldn't have had to think about it. 

She put the (naturally brown) shiitake mushrooms in the frying pan to "brown" them. When she started sauteing , she picked up one of the mushroom pieces, held it to the camera, and commented how the mushrooms were already brown. It was just so odd I laughed out loud. 

One of her fans wrote how happy her boyfriend was that she was learning to cook from watching Amy's videos. I can only image what he was eating before. 

• LOL 16
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The pork chop meal was a garlic and rosemary-palooza, but she did try to address the criticism of reusing  tasting spoons. She brought out three clean spoons and put them on the counter. After she used one to taste the dressing (?), she put it back on the counter with the others. When she wanted another spoon, she had to stare at them to figure out which two were clean. It she had just put the used spoon off to the side, she wouldn't have had to think about it. 

She's definitely reading here.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, all4mom2 said:

She's definitely reading here.

It seems so. 

Amy, here's another suggestion. Your little dog is adorable, but he's dangerously underfoot. You're talking and looking at the camera while you go up and down on the stools. Sometimes you are carrying full pots and hot pans of food. If you trip, if could be a very bad accident.

Have Chris play with the dog or whatever, so you can cook, talk, and walk safely. 

• Love 10
(edited)
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It seems so. 

Amy, here's another suggestion. Your little dog is adorable, but he's dangerously underfoot. You're talking and looking at the camera while you go up and down on the stools. Sometimes you are carrying full pots and hot pans of food. If you trip, if could be a very bad accident.

Have Chris play with the dog or whatever, so you can cook, talk, and walk safely. 

Agree!  Or put him in a crate while cooking.

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Agree!  Or put him in a crate while cooking.

Hey, with Felix hoovering all the food she drops (did you see her transferring those diced potatoes from the counter to the pot on the stove?), she has a clean floor without having to sweep or mop...  Win-win!

Edited by all4mom2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

did you see her transferring those diced potatoes from the counter to the pot on the stove?

Wasn’t that the most ridiculous thing? 🤦‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)
12 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Quite possibly he bought a whole pig, and she bought half

Yes of course,  she said something like he had pigs and they went in on a half.

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 2

She said something like, Matt had butchered the pigs we had raised since the fall. Then she changed it to, he had raised. She and Chris “bought into half the pig”.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

She said something like, Matt had butchered the pigs we had raised since the fall. Then she changed it to, he had raised. She and Chris “bought into half the pig”.

And so continues Amy's Second Act with Matt, Chris and Amy!  Lol

• LOL 6

I don’t watch the cooking videos, but have read she uses a lot of garlic powder.   I’d just like to add that it does not have the same strength as fresh garlic or garlic paste.  I use garlic powder in moderate amounts in some dishes, and it’s very subtle.  That may be why Amy is so generous with it.  

I wonder what she’ll do with those fresh beets in the photo upthread.   I love beets, but have never cooked them fresh. 

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t watch the cooking videos, but have read she uses a lot of garlic powder.   I’d just like to add that it does not have the same strength as fresh garlic or garlic paste.  I use garlic powder in moderate amounts in some dishes, and it’s very subtle.  That may be why Amy is so generous with it.  

I wonder what she’ll do with those fresh beets in the photo upthread.   I love beets, but have never cooked them fresh. 

Buttered beets are delicious!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Usually she's barefooted.

Maybe she got tired of stepping in the food she's dropped on the floor. The food that the dog hasn't gotten to.

But  Felix is like a canine Rumba vacuum! 

• LOL 2

The salad dressing she made to go with the pork chops was a big yuck.  Worcestershire Sauce, Sriracha Hot Sauce, garlic, red wine vinegar on lettuce doesn't sound tasty to me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

All of those vegetables and fruits are perishable. There are only two people in that house. How in the world is she going to use it all up before it spoils?  My husband and I cook every day and we couldn't use up all of that food in one week. Hence, a lot of it would turn bad and need to be thrown out....a big waste of money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

The salad dressing she made to go with the pork chops was a big yuck.  Worcestershire Sauce, Sriracha Hot Sauce, garlic, red wine vinegar on lettuce doesn't sound tasty to me.

Definitely!  She forgot the 1/2 of jar of paprika, that would have pulled everything together 😊

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

She kept talking about a Bloody Mary inspired dressing or something. Nothing says cocktail like a half cup of garlic powder. Well, at least the bottle of vodka she had was being used for more than sauce for pork chops. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, floridamom said:

All of those vegetables and fruits are perishable. There are only two people in that house. How in the world is she going to use it all up before it spoils?  My husband and I cook every day and we couldn't use up all of that food in one week. Hence, a lot of it would turn bad and need to be thrown out....a big waste of money.

Well, she's got the money to waste after selling her half of the farm...

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I hope she had a full bottle of antacids on hand after the meal.

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

She kept talking about a Bloody Mary inspired dressing

I didn't get that connection at all, just because she threw a little vodka in her mushroom sauce?

Edited by LucyEth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I hope she had a full bottle antacids on hand after the meal.

I didn't get that connection at all, just because she threw a little vodka in her mushroom sauce?

I think a Bloody Mary has Worcestershire sauce and tabasco in it, so maybe that was her point. The meal had a theme. 

I wonder what those pork chops tasted like with all that seasoning she dumped on them. My stomach couldn't take it. 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think a Bloody Mary has Worcestershire sauce and tabasco in it, so maybe that was her point

Thanks, that drink never appealed to me so I had no idea what else was in it

• Useful 1
22 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Thanks, that drink never appealed to me so I had no idea what else was in it

I had to look it up because I haven't had one in years. However, I saw garlic powder on the recipe I found! Oh, dear. I'll never be able to look at another Bloody Mary without thinking of Amy's cooking. 

• LOL 7
31 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I had to look it up because I haven't had one in years. However, I saw garlic powder on the recipe I found! Oh, dear. I'll never be able to look at another Bloody Mary without thinking of Amy's cooking. 

And some Bloody Mary drinks have GARLIC and PAPRIKA!!! This should be Amy’s signature cocktail and can match her salad dressing.  Maybe Amy will make Cocktail videos next 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

Oh, no; more pork!

I swear she just hits "record" every time she walks into the kitchen to fix something to eat.  Next she'll be monetizing the daily brushing of her teeth in the bathroom.

I just watched the first couple minutes…Wtf is an “oven proof stove”?

did I hear that right? 

• LOL 8
15 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

did I hear that right? 

That's what she said.  She must have meant an over-proof pan, but why did she need to mention that?   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

did I hear that right? 

Probably meant oven-proof pan, but who knows with her 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I liked that little silicone sleeve she put on the handle of the frying pan. I don't use cast iron skillets anymore (not sure why), but silicone can go in an oven that's not too hot and make the handle safe to hold.  

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I liked that little silicone sleeve she put on the handle of the frying pan. I don't use cast iron skillets anymore (not sure why), but silicone can go in an oven that's not too hot and make the handle safe to hold.  

Yes that’s a great idea, I have a little sleeve for the handle of my cast iron skillet but it’s just like a pot holder with quilted fabric so you can’t put it in the oven… the little silicone sleeve is perfect… I ordered one from Amazon 👍🏻

It drives me nuts how Amy is constantly waving her hands around like a windmill, making circles, back and forth and round and round, flapping like a bird.. I keep waiting for her to become airborne and fly away 😂 she also talks, talks, talks until she has to stop and swallow her spit and take a breath… it’s like she’s always in a hurry.. I wish she’d relax a little and realize that she doesn’t need to ramble on and on.. it’s ok to stop talking for a few seconds and just do the chopping etc while we watch… she seems kind of nervous and anxious.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

That was my first thought too. The table had enough produce for a family of 4 for a good week. Unless she and Chris suddenly became vegetarians, I doubt they ate all of it before things started to go bad. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

That was my first thought too. The table had enough produce for a family of 4 for a good week. Unless she and Chris suddenly became vegetarians, I doubt they ate all of it before things started to go bad. 

Hopefully they shared it with the neighbors or Amy's kids before that happened -- she was always bringing meals over to Zach and Tori -- although I'm not sure they'd know what to do with raw vegetables.  I suppose Jackson could always feed them to the goats!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I wonder if somebody at the Farmers market recognized or knew her and gave them to her!

I can’t see her buying all those things because she’s tight with a buck!

Could be she and a Roloff farm neighbor or two exchange homegrown!  Pumpkins for veggies!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 2

The berries can go in the freezer. Beets, onions, carrots and rhubarb refrigerate well, as do fresh eggs. Lots of leafy stuff and zucchini and Amy entertains quite a bit and makes food for guests. She also does like to make meals for the kids.

Nobody who shops at a farmer's market is cheap. 

• Love 4

JMO and crazy as it might sound I think she probably uses it all, she’s frugal and I don’t see her spending a bunch of money on produce from the farmers market and not using it.

last summer she did the same thing and made pies, soups, stews and all sorts of meals and new recipes… I don’t recall her saying that any of it went bad or had to be tossed.  🤷‍♀️ 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don’t recall her saying that any of it went bad or had to be tossed.  🤷‍♀️ 

No, it's all tossed after she cooks it!

• LOL 5

Working in a lab for over 35 years, one of the first things I learned was to move each tube/reagent from one side of the bench to the other as it’s used, because it is inevitable that someone will come and interrupt you and you’ll lose your place. I do it at home when baking. Just a free tip from me to you, Chef Amy!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3