Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

She picked up all of that chicken in buttermilk with her bare hands and dredged it through the flour - right after she showed a nice set of tongs!!!!

If a person wants to cook like that in their own kitchen for themselves, fine.  But anyone doing a demonstration for something that they're trying to teach, they should use BASIC hygiene practices.

And there is NO reason for someone to take those big bites and talk about the food with their mouth so full that sauce is dripping out.  She was on "Chopped" ("celebrity" version) at one time.  Did she not see how the judges there taste a small bite, swallow it, and THEN talk about it?

Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.  She needs to learn how to eat like an adult.

• Love 11

Someone on her little kitchen website commented that they love her style.  What style is that?  It's weird the way some of her fans gush over her cooking videos.  Have they never seen a professional cooking video?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, seasons said:

Amy looks nice in that picture above. Still too close, but it's nice.

I just read how you can make your own buttermilk using a cup? of whole milk and a teaspoon or tablespoon of cider vinegar. 

Not sure of exact ratio but you can Google it! 😉

I think that is one of her nicer pictures too especially since yet again the camera is right on top of her face.  Maybe because she is angled the camera is slightly further away.  I don’t know if it’s just Chris isn't into taking pictures.  I mean he doesn’t appear to be to thrilled in them (I can relate) or he’s bad at taking them too (I mean the physical act of taking the picture not how he looks in them).   I believe multiple people have said she does have a selfie stick, whether she uses it or not is another story or maybe she’s one of those people that expands the selfie stick 2 inches.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I have powdered buttermilk.  You just add water to it.

OT--when a recipe calls for buttermilk, I always have a hard time finding it in my grocery store-- I'll have to find powdered now, sounds like a good thing to have on hand.

Amy doesn't bother me that much, but I do have to admit her cooking videos leave a lot to be desired. I can't stand to hear other people chewing, so I mute any cooking show when the host (or a judge) takes a noisy bite. I do not think it's necessary in a demonstration--just show me the dish inside and out.

• Love 3

I marvel at the way she just throws random food items together while going on and on about how she's not sure what she's doing. That must be the style her fans like. 

I bet half the food Amy cooks (and serves?) gets tossed. She might be OK at baking, but nobody wants a raw chicken sandwich coated in a bottle of powdered garlic, half a bottle of Old Bay, and whatever else caught her eye. I'm surprised Tori and Audrey let their children eat some of this stuff after watching these videos. 

• Love 8

Yeah, I think she put way too many different spices in the flour.  I have only used Old Bay for fish or seafood, but I am sure many use it on chicken.  I would not have put the garlic powder either, but she seems to like to load things with spices especially garlic.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Old Bay has a lot of different flavors in it so I'd tend to think it should be enough.  I haven't watched an Amy cooking video in years and I think I need to see what she puts with the Old Bay and how much of that she puts in.

ETA:  I saw it was 21 minutes and noped out.

I went back and forwarded just to the flour mixing.  I think that's why I haven't watched any cooking videos since her first one.  The posted recipe doesn't match what she put in.  There isn't even any Old Bay in the posted recipe.

Edited by Absolom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Old Bay has a lot of different flavors in it so I'd tend to think it should be enough.  I haven't watched an Amy cooking video in years and I think I need to see what she puts with the Old Bay and how much of that she puts in.

ETA:  I saw it was 21 minutes and noped out.

I went back and forwarded just to the flour mixing.  I think that's why I haven't watched any cooking videos since her first one.  The posted recipe doesn't match what she put in.  There isn't even any Old Bay in the posted recipe.

And the thing is she puts garlic and old bay in and stirs up the flour and seems to be finished but then she suddenly thinks its not enough and DUMPS in a ton of both no measuring... she does that on almost every recipe.

Some seasonings and spices are very subtle and you can add more without it making much of a difference but old bay isn’t one of them... just my opinion but too much old bay isn’t a good thing unless you LOVE old bay.... she also dumps in huge amounts of garlic into everything and if you’re a garlic lover that’s fine but the amount of garlic she adds would be way too much for my liking plus a lot of garlic can take over a recipe and you can’t taste the food.... not to mention the garlic breath you’d be travelling around with all day. 😬

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe Amy likes "my man" slathered in Old Spice as well?  

😂...maybe Amy dresses in a Spice Girl costume and dances for her man while he  eats Old Bay chicken buns and wallows in a tub of Old Spice bubble bath 😋 #gettingspicey #oldandspicey #tubsbunsandspice #bubblesex 

• LOL 8

Amy's cooking behavior shows characteristics of ADHD (not an official diagnosis, of course). The stream of consciousness talking, the disorganization and unwillingness to measure and group items, the forays around the kitchen looking for this and that, the digressions into unrelated topics, and the addition of whatever random ingredients pop into her mind. She has a recipe when she starts, but it gets trampled in the presentation. 

I have some of these characteristics myself, but I stick to recipes carefully because I don't always trust myself. 

• Useful 6

I just can't with the food all over the fingers and instead of wiping her hands off or going to the sink she continues to prep, holding out the food covered fingers.  I can't imagine the amount of potato mush that was on that milk container.  She talked about not mixing it too much because it will be "gummy" and then she mixes it constantly. She adds way too much stuff, I don't know her man eats these things.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

I just can't with the food all over the fingers and instead of wiping her hands off or going to the sink she continues to prep, holding out the food covered fingers.  I can't imagine the amount of potato mush that was on that milk container.  She talked about not mixing it too much because it will be "gummy" and then she mixes it constantly. She adds way too much stuff, I don't know her man eats these things.

She mixed it until it was turning into glue... And so many fat ingredients...way too much cheddar cheese, sour cream, butter and then buttermilk!

36 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Those potatoes were a soupy mess.  She added so many spices, sour cream, lots of cheese, and buttermilk!  She and Chris aren't going to lose weight eating like this.

This!  Amy seems to think the more cream, butter, cheese the better but those potatoes were overkill.... All that cheddar cheese melted over the top was gross...too greasy

I love twice baked potatoes but not that gooey and sloppy.

• Love 6

The great potato fiasco was a complete mess.  Next episode: Chris and Amy just eat the contents of economy-sized jars of garlic, old bay, and paprika.

For dessert: a smoked paprika buttermilk shake topped with a dollop of sour cream and bacpancettasciutto (mystery pork) sprinkles.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Twice baked potatoes video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPrPrMqLgb3/

It's allegedly a video about cooking twice baked potatoes. But thanks Amy for:

The Oregon weather report-

How Chris likes his potatoes prepared -

How you've gained weight during Covid and twice baked potatoes are a good choice for eating healthy - 

And special visual effects like the 2 dirty white dishtowels hanging from the oven door handles.

I haven't watched the entire video. I'm sure there's lots more to snark on!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I haven't watched the entire video. I'm sure there's lots more to snark on!

Isn't there always?  Amy never disappoints.  You'd think that some of the comments on her videos would make her realize that she needs to clean up her act.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m sorry but I could not eat that sloppy mess!

I couldn’t believe her proportions....she only had the scooped pulp of 2 potatoes... one was a normal size russet and the other was a smaller skinny russet plus she left some of the pulp in the potatoes so she was probably working with about 3 to 4 cups of potato to which she added half of a stick of butter, about 5 big scoops of sour cream, a Tablespoon of buttermilk followed by about a 1/4 cup of buttermilk, a bunch of cheddar cheese,  a TON of chopped garlic, a TON of Hungarian hot “paparika”,  salt, salt, salt and MORE SALT, mystery bacon which she said was very SALTY, a bunch of minced green onion, pepper and then covered it all in MORE cheddar!

why does she scrape the potato muck off her fingers and back into the bowl over and over again?....nice bowl of mucky potatoes with skin cell garnish...*gag*

why did she *squish* down on each potato after she covered them in cheddar??....really good twice baked potatoes are usually a bit airy inside not heavy, squashed muck.

Good twice baked potatoes are lightly browned on top, Amy’s weren’t browned at all.. they were just melted, greasy looking cheddar cheese.

Then she stands there saying how she gained a bunch of weight from covid so now she’s cooking careful?!?!?!??? 😂

I don’t know what the recipe would look like if she wasn’t being careful.... maybe she has dump trucks full of sour cream, garlic, buttermilk and butter lined up in the driveway. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m sorry but I could not eat that sloppy mess!

I’ve never seen a double baked that wet!

what a mess... I think she might have been a little tipsy, that was a HUGE wine glass 🍷 and it was nearly empty.

She seemed more confused than usual, running around for utensils and her running commentary...."It's daylight savings time, it's summer or maybe it's spring, did I say tomato or potato? it's hot weather, it's cooling off, it's friday.. who doesn't like potatoes?... Chris likes potatoes, because he's from Idaho but people who aren't from Idaho also like potatoes, Chris doesn't like olives"   *drink some more wine and wave your arms around like a windmill while screwing your face up like a prune*  😂

This was a strange one because she kept contradicting herself ... don't mix it too much as she stirs the hell out of it!... The bacon has enough salt so I won't add any, as she adds more and more salt!

Those potatoes were so wet, heavy, sloppy, greasy and she stirred them until they were so gummy looking, her fingers covered in mucky potato that she scraped back in to the bowl which grossed me out!

As LucyEth said Amy was picking up the milk carton and other items with her fingers covered in potato goop, that shit was everywhere, some of it plopped on the counter and she threw it back in the bowl

and what's up with the Pancetta, Prosciutto debate.....over and over and over again!!.. it wasn't important, it didn't make any difference which meat she used but she just kept rambling on and on about it like a broken record! It looked like chopped bacon when she poured it out of the frying pan... leave it at that!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

commentary...."It's daylight savings time, it's summer or maybe it's spring, did I say tomato or potato? it's hot weather, it's cooling off, it's friday.. who doesn't like potatoes?... Chris likes potatoes, because he's from Idaho but people who aren't from Idaho also like potatoes, Chris doesn't like olives"   *drink some more wine and wave your arms around like a windmill while screwing your face up like a prune*  😂

This part of your post is phenomenal 😂 Amy thinks people watch her cooking videos because she's a good cook....Nope! I watch for the comedy. 

Can't wait for SNL to do a parody!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

"This will be Chris's."   Drive me nuts, who gives a shit whose plate it is, just show the finished product. Why are you making a grown man's plate anyway, let him make his own plate.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Let's be positive about Amy's famous twice-baked potatoes:

1. She used up buttermilk left over from the not-necessarily-cooked-fried-chicken sandwich recipe. 

2. She rid her fridge of old sour cream, cheddar cheese, and mystery meat.

3. She showed off a rather nice cheese grater by grating enough cheese to suffocate two healthy, full-grown potatoes.

4. She found yet another recipe to serve as a garlic-delivery system.

5. She licked the stuffing mixture off of the spoon and her fingers and didn't fall over from the taste. In fact, she really seemed to like it. 

6. She paired the five-pound twice-baked potatoes with a two large steaks topped with big pats of garlic butter. That's a meal for a man, so My Man went to bed happy. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

"This will be Chris's."   Drive me nuts, who gives a shit whose plate it is, just show the finished product. Why are you making a grown man's plate anyway, let him make his own plate.

I think he gets a slightly larger piece of meat, although they're both too large.  My husband and I would share one of those steaks.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

what a mess... I think she might have been a little tipsy, that was a HUGE wine glass 🍷 and it was nearly empty.

She seemed more confused than usual, running around for utensils and her running commentary...

😂

Maybe you've got something there!  Hummmm.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Oh, my God! Your comments here are so right on it. I would not ever put prosciutto in a baked potato, it's not like panchetta or bacon. The alternative potatoes, chili, etc that she mentioned would be a meal in themselves, no ginormous steak needed. A small, simple side salad would be enough.

I would be fine with a third of that steak and half of her stuffed potato. I wouldn't need to eat anything else after that if I had that for dinner. Hot Hungarian papArika? I don't think that is needed in that dish. 

I suspect Amy's unprepared "wing it" cooking videos are meant to be as if we were just hanging out in her kitchen any given afternoon with her as friends and she's putting dinner together. For certain, these are NOT professional-like cooking videos.

I don't like her fakey, fakey sweet "From My Little Kitchen To Yours...." tone. So not her.

She needs to put the alchohol away before making these cooking fiascos. Also, way too much junk on her too-high for her counter. It's not easy to see what she's doing. I agree those potatoes were over the top with ingredients and fat content. Do you taste the potato at all? I highly doubt it. Perhaps this is better than Chris has been doing for himself for the last 45 years? On second thought, I doubt it...the man would have been in the hospital if he cooked like Amy does. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Perhaps this is better than Chris has been doing for himself for the last 45 years? On second thought, I doubt it...the man would have been in the hospital if he cooked like Amy does

Or featured on "My 600-Pound Life."  Their portions are MUCH more than a person needs.  And if one of them is a "little person," she won't be "little" much longer.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Some of the comments on Facebook really get after her on this video, although the great love for her and the potatoes outweigh the constructive criticism.  One person listed all the mispronunciations and said keep trying you'll get there.  Another person who pointed out the hygiene issues was met with a statement about how it I for her own family so basically it was okay.  Really, LOL!  

• LOL 3

I saw the recipe for the potatoes, and it looks perfectly normal, like something I would make.  Why can't she stick to the recipe instead of adding all those spices and buttermilk?  Buttermilk doesn't belong in twice-baked potatoes. 

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I saw the recipe for the potatoes, and it looks perfectly normal, like something I would make.  Why can't she stick to the recipe instead of adding all those spices and buttermilk?  Buttermilk doesn't belong in twice-baked potatoes. 

Yeah, it’s like they find a normal recipe somewhere to post, but Amy just grabs any random ingredients of varying amounts she has in her kitchen to make it, so it’s less of a how-to video and more of a “I’m just flailing around making dinner for MY MAN” video.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I wonder where 'her' recipes come from, as it's obvious they aren't Amy's creations.  They're too normal.  I sometimes add a few things to a recipe, but I don't destroy it with copious amounts of paprika, salt, and garlic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Some of the comments on Facebook really get after her on this video, although the great love for her and the potatoes outweigh the constructive criticism.  One person listed all the mispronunciations and said keep trying you'll get there.  Another person who pointed out the hygiene issues was met with a statement about how it I for her own family so basically it was okay.  Really, LOL!  

One has to wonder about the hygiene habits of people who think that what Amy does is acceptable.  It's seeing things like that that made me start graciously declining invitations to potluck dinners.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Amy, it is not necessary to eat as much as Chris. And Chris, it is not necessary to eat everything on your plate. (Perhaps you can make your own plate.)

As a little person Amy needs to watch her diet as every extra pound shows. Chris is not a growing boy and doesn’t need all of those calories. You are both candidates for adult onset diabetes and/or heart problems. 

it’s time for “Amy’s Healthy Kitchen.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Amy, it is not necessary to eat as much as Chris. And Chris, it is not necessary to eat everything on your plate. (Perhaps you can make your own plate.)

As a little person Amy needs to watch her diet as every extra pound shows. Chris is not a growing boy and doesn’t need all of those calories. You are both candidates for adult onset diabetes and/or heart problems. 

it’s time for “Amy’s Healthy Kitchen.”

Even if she posted healthy recipes, there's no way her free-wheeling cooking demos would be anything but a fat-loaded, high-sodium, high-calorie concoction with a pound of garlic in it, or a sugar-heavy, fat-loaded, high-carb, high-calorie chocolate and whipped cream whatever.  

• Love 1