Type keyword(s) to search

Chris and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

Several posts have been removed referring to Amy's new address. A reminder that linking to participants/casts/actors etc home addresses is against Primetimer rules

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Where are they playing Santa and the missus?  It's a little early, isn't it?  Mrs. Claus should have a grey or white wig.

Appears to me they're in a garage. I see a garage door behind them.

Kind of odd to have a decorated Xmas tree in a garage but the world we live in is getting very strange. Lol.

8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Appears to me they're in a garage. I see a garage door behind them.

Kind of odd to have a decorated Xmas tree in a garage but the world we live in is getting very strange. Lol.

We had Thanksgiving in the garage because we could leave the doors open for ventilation, but still be warmer than being outside.  My parents came, but we'd been seeing them only outside during the pandemic.  We were able to set up tables far enough apart that with the ventilation, we didn't worry about masking.  (To be clear, we didn't just assume that would be relatively safe, we researched it using multiple reputable sources like the CDC).

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

If my son just publicly announced he'd been sexually molested for years by a producer I allowed to be with my family you can bet I would not be playing Santa and Mrs Claus with my boyfriend!  

What should they all be doing? Or is Amy on the hook and Matt yet again the innocent one who can continue to have fun?

Should Christmas be canceled?

Part of me wants to think that this family basically asked Jacob what he was ok with post molestation revelations, but part of me knows from watching that no one ever gave much of a damn about Jacob before and I don't see the family dynamic changing. No one is giving up fun for Jacob.... they never have before.

• Love 4

I don't see any indication in this thread that anyone thinks Matt is "again the innocent one who can continue to have fun."  I don't do Instagram, but I do follow Matt on Facebook.  He has not posted anything about Jacob's recent revelation that I've seen.  I don't infer from that that Matt doesn't care.  Maybe Jacob has asked the family to not be involved in an internet brouhaha and to allow things to work out through the legal system.  And maybe Matt is respecting that wish but is supporting - and recognizing Jacob's pain - quietly by not posting parties or other holiday things.

Speaking personally, if one of my kids JUST came to me with this information, I can't see that I'd be ready a couple of days later to be shilling recipes and posing as Mrs. Santa Claus.  There's a long distance between cancelling Christmas and moving things into a low-key holiday out of respect for a son who has just shared something extremely painful that he has been holding in for over a decade.

Between the two, it looks more like Amy is the one not giving up fun for Jacob.  She's the one who once said that she and Matt were an "empty-nest couple" while Jacob was still living at home.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 10

Personally-  I don't think this is a new revelation for anyone in the family.

Matt never once interjected "hey we still have a kid at home" when Amy declared them empty nesters and seemed perfectly happy to have the irritating one drop out of school and move away. And Jer and Auj have been merrily peddling their new book through out this period.

If we're assuming Jacob asked his family to not post about it and to go on the way they normally would, then he's ok with it. 

Personally - if I had a child come to me with this sort of revelation, I'd be looking long and hard at my little empire and asking myself if my dreams were worth my child's agony. 

For the record, I'd like to be wrong on this but I strongly suspect we'll get another season. No one is likely to give up a paycheck over this.

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, readheaded said:

We had Thanksgiving in the garage because we could leave the doors open for ventilation, but still be warmer than being outside.  My parents came, but we'd been seeing them only outside during the pandemic.  We were able to set up tables far enough apart that with the ventilation, we didn't worry about masking.  (To be clear, we didn't just assume that would be relatively safe, we researched it using multiple reputable sources like the CDC).

Thanks for your insight on that garage/xmas tree setup. It makes sense. What doesn't make sense is Amy actually knowing that setup makes sense! 😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Why does Amy think their dressing up as Santa and Mrs. Claus is giving cheer to anyone? Donate to a charity if you want to spread cheer. Amy must have a closet just for her costumes. 

Those poor rolls are all different sizes, shapes, and colors. I bet they're as hard as rocks. And what is one-half of a butter and an eighth of a grated nutmeg, etc.? I struggle with recipes in metric units, but this is a whole new system.  

Obviously, seeing Mrs. Claus, her boyfriend Santa, and a pile of frosted rolls did not improve my mood this morning. I'll feel better after a short, old-person nap. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I don't see any indication in this thread that anyone thinks Matt is "again the innocent one who can continue to have fun."  I don't do Instagram, but I do follow Matt on Facebook.  He has not posted anything about Jacob's recent revelation that I've seen.  I don't infer from that that Matt doesn't care.  Maybe Jacob has asked the family to not be involved in an internet brouhaha and to allow things to work out through the legal system.  And maybe Matt is respecting that wish but is supporting - and recognizing Jacob's pain - quietly by not posting parties or other holiday things.

Speaking personally, if one of my kids JUST came to me with this information, I can't see that I'd be ready a couple of days later to be shilling recipes and posing as Mrs. Santa Claus.  There's a long distance between cancelling Christmas and moving things into a low-key holiday out of respect for a son who has just shared something extremely painful that he has been holding in for over a decade.

Between the two, it looks more like Amy is the one not giving up fun for Jacob.  She's the one who once said that she and Matt were an "empty-nest couple" while Jacob was still living at home.

Yes, yes and yes!  Thank you!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Part of the cinnamon roll recipe:

🤦‍♀️

A68F36B2-8802-4F6C-A16B-95FEFB3D96EB.jpeg

Haha! That is so funny!! Especially the "1/2 butter softened and 1 1/2 packed brown sugar". No wonder her buns are burned on the bottom!  Lol!

That recipe has me singing an old Barry White hit: "my darlin' I cant get enough of your packed brown sugar..oh baby baby, can't get enough of your 1/2 soft butter..." 

I know....I'm a bit crazy 😊

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Where are they playing Santa and the missus?  It's a little early, isn't it?  Mrs. Claus should have a grey or white wig.

Mrs. Claus made sure to refer to herself as Ms Santa Claus  🙄

No gray wig for Ms Claus, she's a hotty with HER man!

04B06614-F565-47AC-9AC8-626B39B07C61.jpeg.eea8c84076aa413cfd800f886d8148cc.jpeg

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Haha! That is so funny!! Especially the "1/2 butter softened and 1 1/2 packed brown sugar". No wonder her buns are burned on the bottom!  Lol!

We had fun with coming up with measurements . . . when we read "1/2 butter," I chose "stick" and hubby chose "pound."  And for 1-1/2 packed brown sugar, we chose "quart" and "teaspoon."

Can you imagine the poor fans who try to actually emulate her by using her recipes?  And I wonder if doubt that the cookbook is edited more carefully than the free stuff on her website.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

We had fun with coming up with measurements . . . when we read "1/2 butter," I chose "stick" and hubby chose "pound."  And for 1-1/2 packed brown sugar, we chose "quart" and "teaspoon."

I love this game! For 1-1/2 packed brown sugar I'm going with "a pony keg and a half of packed brown sugar"! 

• LOL 2
On 12/17/2020 at 10:50 AM, Jeanne222 said:

So Lisa will be the Maid of Honor.  I would have thought Amy would choose her only daughter Molly.

But then again Molly did walk away from this s...show!  She is probably maintaining her privacy.

Sometimes kids have difficulty accepting their parent's marriage to someone other than their other parent. That might explain it. And yes, Molly has always been more of a private person. Maybe she's had enough of being in front of cameras, and we all know Amy will want lots and lots of "memories" of her (second) special day.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Not Buyin It said:

Sometimes kids have difficulty accepting their parent's marriage to someone other than their other parent. That might explain it. And yes, Molly has always been more of a private person. Maybe she's had enough of being in front of cameras, and we all know Amy will want lots and lots of "memories" of her (second) special day.

Seems awkward to me to have your daughter be your matron of honor at a wedding to a man who isn't her father and/or didn't help raise her. That doesn't mean Molly doesn't like or accept Chris, though. Molly's been away for the whole time Amy's dated Chris, whereas Lisa was instrumental in Chris and Amy meeting.  

Besides, if Molly was the MOH, then people would probably say it was because Amy doesn't have any real friends who would want the honor, lol.

Edited by readheaded
  • Love 2

Just to clarify, if you check out the Matt thread, you'll  see that the santa and mrs claus stuff was at the farm, with Matt and Caryn, for the grandkids. No selling of fudge or cook books (despite there being no suggestion of it) and no, it wasnt a "sexy times" thing either, unless Matt and Caryn like to watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/20/2020 at 6:40 PM, AZChristian said:

Can you imagine the poor fans who try to actually emulate her by using her recipes?  And I wonder if doubt that the cookbook is edited more carefully than the free stuff on her website.

It's a recipe Mad Lib! Instead of picking a noun, verb, color, or animal, you choose your unit of measurement, cooking time, and oven temp. Bet they still make more sense than one of her recipes. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • LOL 8
18 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Get drunk first. Then try baking haha. No real measurements included 

So would that "recipe" include quantities?  If it's mix 1/2 rum with 3/4 brown sugar and 2 butterscotch schnapps, would it be gallon, cup and tablespoon, or what????  LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I endured that cookie baking video. What I was also annoyed with was that Amy kept repeating herself. She needs to TALK LESS and say something ONCE...especially if it's "fluff-talk".  I'm tired of it.

I wonder if that wedding place is giving her some freebees for posting their name on her site. Yes, oh yes, she needs to go back to school and learn how to speak English and write in  English correctly. How did she ever graduate college?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I wonder if that wedding place is giving her some freebees for posting their name on her site. 

They were probably willing to work with her, maybe because Randy and Seinfeld's weren't willing to ask her, "Are you saying yes to the FREE dress?"

• LOL 3
21 minutes ago, Not Buyin It said:

And Amy is a college graduate. I hope her parents sued for a refund, at least from the English Department.

It would be nice if OCCASIONALLY she got it correct, but one almost thinks that every English teacher she ever had in junior high, high school, or college was teaching incorrect grammar.  Or they gave up with Amy and just marked her papers lower and made lots of red circles.  And Amy - as we can tell from her cooking videos - figured whatever she did/does was "good enough."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Not Buyin It said:

And Amy is a college graduate. I hope her parents sued for a refund, at least from the English Department.

Amy's grammar errors were marked many times, I'm sure. She chose to ignore the feedback then just as she does now. It's usually easier to teach English as a second language to an adult than to teach written Standard English to a native speaker. Native speakers have little motivation to change. 

41 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Amy graduated from college??? Maybe it was the College of Hard Knocks.  

She has a degree in business from Central Michigan University.  Her original plan was to go into the hotel and hospitality industry, but claims she couldn't get a job because she's a dwarf.  The fact that she's a disorganized mess surely had nothing to do with it.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

I don't see any of the Roloffs putting their lives on hold for Jacob. What is the correct response? Matt was part of the Santa Claus venture and so far his only action for Jacob has been to say "so proud".... so what should they be doing in order to display an acceptable response?

It's nice to put one's life on hold to deal with a crisis but it may not have been asked for and isn't always possible... the grandkids for example aren't going to understand that Christmas is canceled because of this.

• Love 8

Stopping their lives changes nothing for Jacob at this point.  I'm not sure why it would be expected.   This was years ago and Jacob has reached a point of making it public.  That's a step for him, but not necessarily one for his family.  I don't think it was news to them when he made a public announcement.

• Love 8

I also don't think the news came as a surprise to the family.  (ETA:  I also don't think it was a big surprise to TLC.  I don't think this guy would have willingly left a job where he had such an easy-to-molest victim.)

However, if a member of my family was keeping something painful private - and then chose to make it public - I don't think I could carry on with a normal holiday season as though their news wasn't worth acknowledging in some tangible way.  Yes, carry on with Christmas for the grandkids, but do you really have to FINALLY make your OWN public announcement about setting a (second marriage) wedding date (which has been a LONG time in coming) and post pictures of yourself dress shopping on social media?  It seems to trivialize what he's going through.  That's my opinion.  

NO ONE in the family (including Jacob) knew what the fallout could have been - or may still be.  

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

However, if a member of my family was keeping something painful private - and then chose to make it public - I don't think I could carry on with a normal holiday season as though their news wasn't worth acknowledging in some tangible way. 

In fairness, I know my opinion is that "Proud of you" on Instagram - the pretty universal response of all of the Roloff - isn't exactly a tangible response.

Now, personally I think this particular bomb was dropped on the family a few years ago, which is why the family's response is so muted. I do have questions on that if only because this did happen when Jacob was a child, and sexual molestation is a crime and I am honestly tired of kids being exploited on reality shows for their parents to profit and when we add up the *numerous* incidents of sexual molestation on these shows, I think TLC has a problem. But at the same time, it's not exactly something that Miss Manners has expanded on - "What do I do if I am a social media influencer and a close member of the family announces his sexual molestation to the public by someone trusted by the family ten years ago?"

Does Amy need to not post anything? How long does she need to be silent on social media about anything in order to show proper respect and attention to Jacob's announcement? Does Matt also need to be silent? For how long? The siblings with their social media businesses - should they go dark and for how long? What is the appropriate "no one will complain about how you reacted" response?

Me? The fact that Matt and Amy threw a years long legal hissy over a county inspector violating their privacy by trespassing and leaving immediately when told to get off the property - but nothing but a "so proud"... when their minor child is molested by their employer is the inappropriate reaction. But that is just me. And I am not shocked that the farm being violated generated the stronger reaction.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

No mention of Jacob.  Evidently he wasn't included in Amy's festivities. 

I wonder if Jacob and Izzy are spending a quiet Christmas together - as they might prefer.  He left the show because what he saw on screen was NOT what he felt his real family was like.  He's done with LPBW drama and being used as a pawn.

Come to think of it . . . have either of her parents mentioned Molly in their posts?  Genuinely asking - I don't do Instagram.

• Love 3