Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E10: Adventure Hunt, Uniform, Pristine, Aquapaw

GoldenGirl90
  • Start Topic

Something about Adventure Game, let me just warn everyone now, if anyone gives me a Wedgie, I will definitely hurt you.  Robert makes a deal with Adventure Hunt, which makes perfect sense.    I'm glad they went with him over Bethenny Frankel.

Uniform-Sounds like Daymond's companies.    They donate a school uniform to poor kids, and have safe factories to provide jobs in other countries.      First entrepreneurs who had issues with Ebola.  They're launching at Target for kids' clothes next year.    Too bad they didn't get a deal, but getting into the crowded clothing sector is so tough, and Daymond is right, and online is better margins.   

Pristine Cleansing Sprays.    I think I'm going to hurl.    Way too many toilet paper, and butt jokes.   I could have lived my entire life without hearing the man's butt problems, over a big family dinner.   I'm just glad Kevin's not here for this episode, because he would have laughed himself to death.   I'm glad they got a deal, so the lame jokes would stop.      Lori will be a good partner, and so will Squatty Potty.  

Aquapaw-Combination sprayer, scrubber, for your hand that controls the water flow with one hand for pet bathing.     You can hook it to your shower pipe, just like a handheld shower.   Robert did a good job with it, and I'm not surprised he volunteers to wash that adorable dog.    $3 million value is pushing it, in my opinion, and I'm betting the sharks will say that too.    This would work so well on QVC, and it's too bad Lori didn't see that.     I would pay extra to keep Bethenny's face off my TV.   Daymond will be a great partner for them, and they should recognize that.      Bet they're product is knocked off pretty quickly.    No deal.  

When I had dogs, I put handheld shower heads in my tub/shower combos.     With that I just put the tub mat in, warmed the water up, and put the dog in the tub (remember to close the door the second the dog's in the bathroom too, sometimes I forgot that, and it wasn't a good idea) and had a hair catcher device over the drain.    It was easy to wet them down, soap them up, and rinse, and then dry the pup off, and clean the tub.     Handheld showers also give you decent water pressure while still having a low flow attachment.       I don't see the big advantage to the Aquapaw, and it's not like you'd use it everyday, the way a handheld shower attachment would work.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

One thing that bugs me is that I as an ordinary person am already aware of Georgia Pacific’s Hyba system which is essentially the same as Pristine. It’s been out for years. Nothing new here. 

I sometimes worry about the vetting of products on this show.

https://hybaclean.com/

Edited by Quickbeam
  • Love 3

I  could have sworn those 2 showering fellows mentioned something about warm water for bathing the pups. I was thinking their product was going to incorporate some device that also heated the water. Now *that* would  be terrific.

• Love 3

I thought it was funny how whenever Bethany would go out, the people were basically like “Ok? I had no interest in you anyway.” The dog people were so not into putting Bethany’s face on their product (wtf!?) it was hilarious. She is so useless and brings nothing.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, rhys said:

I  could have sworn those 2 showering fellows mentioned something about warm water for bathing the pups. I was thinking their product was going to incorporate some device that also heated the water. Now *that* would  be terrific.

Yeah, hooking it up to an outside faucet would still mean a cold water bath for the dog. BTW, that doggie was a trooper! What a sweetie!

• Love 6

Kind of a meh episode for me.  The adventure thing is so outside my life style i almost couldn’t understand it.  Food products, on the other hand are something I’m usually interested in, so I was disappointed there were none.  

I also would have been excited if the dog washer were able to warm the water, although being able to turn it off/on with 1 hand seemed a good idea.  Sorry, Bethany, insisting on putting your face and your own dogs on every package doesn’t mean you’re a good business person, just an ego maniac.   Speaking of her- ugh, I’ve had it.  I really can’t stand her, I asssume she’s there either because she paid.  

I was impressed that the Uniform guy was able to appeal explicitly to each shark,   I like their misssion, the clothing seemed reasonably priced but they really could use some help in branding and marketing.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Welp, that clinches it.  From now on, if Bethany's there, I'm out.

My God, she is so loud and screechy.  

I'm always perplexed at what has passed for celebrity in the last few years.

100%.

She’s horrible. So insecure. Overcompensates with obnoxious arrogance. 

“You just said what I said!!!”

You can drone on and on!!”

• Love 12

I wonder if you could use that AquaPaw thing for HUMANS -- If you could hook it up in your home, you could wash children and do hair in salons.

Yes, Lori is the Queen of the Potty, but Kevin has the light up toilet bowl, so he might have gone for it, too.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Yeah, hooking it up to an outside faucet would still mean a cold water bath for the dog. BTW, that doggie was a trooper! What a sweetie!

They did say something about warm water.  Briefly, you could see the gizmo attached to the shower fixture on the display setup.  I looked online, and you remove your existing shower head and put an attachment point there.  Then you just snap the aquapaw on when you need it.

If you already have a handheld shower, it doesn't add anything except the on/off button.

• Love 3

Bethany going out on Uniform: "It would be like the blind leading the deaf!" ... facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gi Jesus God. Nonsensical and offensive. She comes across as so fucking needy. Hope she finds a therapist who can give her some validation. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

They did say something about warm water.  Briefly, you could see the gizmo attached to the shower fixture on the display setup.  I looked online, and you remove your existing shower head and put an attachment point there.  Then you just snap the aquapaw on when you need it.

If you already have a handheld shower, it doesn't add anything except the on/off button.

But they did mention the option hooking it up outside, too.

7 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Bethany going out on Uniform: "It would be like the blind leading the deaf!" ... facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gi Jesus God. Nonsensical and offensive. She comes across as so fucking needy. Hope she finds a therapist who can give her some validation. 

So much this!

8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I haven’t watched this show in ages, since they moved to Sunday night. Don’t they know 90-Day Fiance is on at the same time? :D

And if they keep putting people like Bethany on the show, I’ll definitely never watch again.

Bethany and the Spanx tooth woman.  And Alex Rodriguez

• Love 6

The Adventure Game thing - as they were doing their pitch with the guy walking on the strap and getting so excited, I was trying to see what was so exciting.  Maybe I'm too old.  I could see having a fun day doing something, but it seemed like you had to do a bunch of silly things.

Uniform - the whole idea of that was very interesting and I think it was their valuation that may have hurt them.  I'm not sure that retail is the way to go for this.  I think that online would be more successful.  I had a hard time believing that the adventure guys got a deal and Uniform didn't.

Pristine Cleansing Sprays.    Is this really such a problem?  But, I was thinking the whole time about Lori and Squatty Potty, so good for her on making the deal, and if they can all make money on this then good for them, but I would not lug a bottle of spray around to wipe my bum.

Aquapaw.  This seemed very smart and it's only $30 which I thought was very reasonable.  It would be very handy to hook up outside of an RV too.  I was also waiting to hear about the magical warm water, but alas that never happened.  Their biggest problem to getting that deal was their ridiculous valuation.

• Love 2
On 1/13/2019 at 11:37 PM, Cotypubby said:

I thought it was funny how whenever Bethany would go out, the people were basically like “Ok? I had no interest in you anyway.” The dog people were so not into putting Bethany’s face on their product (wtf!?) it was hilarious. She is so useless and brings nothing.

Every fucking show she wants to be the face of a product.  Doesn't she realize that her face isn't that great to begin with and because she's so obnoxious, she has as many people that hate her, if not more, than love her.  

Now, I can admire that she built a company off a diet product, but she basically just had a cute logo and didn't do anything revolutionary.  She acts like she's Bill Gates.

Looked up Aquapaw on Amazon and there are dozens of the same products, cheaper, on Amazon. Didn't these guys say there's nothing out there like it?  

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the Aquapet people said there were competitors, but they didn't have the on/off toggle in the hand control.   

Ironically, when I was on Amazon, I bought the same type of product that hand the hand control too.  I wonder how often in negotiations post-show, the Shark does some research and finds the same product already on the market?  The Moki pedal thing was one of those same products that while the show was on, I'm google searching and finding similar items already in the market.

• Love 4

Apparently, from reading several articles about deals that were agreed to on the show, and fell through later, most were the due diligence phase, and I'm sure there are a lot with knockoffs available, and I bet a lot more are the numbers are totally off on sales, and financing.  

7 hours ago, mjc570 said:

I think it is you. :)

They have the same eyes 

7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Apparently, from reading several articles about deals that were agreed to on the show, and fell through later, most were the due diligence phase, and I'm sure there are a lot with knockoffs available, and I bet a lot more are the numbers are totally off on sales, and financing.  

Yes I also read that a lot of the deals fall through because the entrepreneur pulls out because they didn’t want to share their business , they just wanted the tv exposure 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Is it me or does Bethany and mark look a lot alike ? 

OMG, no just you!  I thought the same thing this episode particularly when they showed Frankel's profile as she was smiling! 

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

OMG, no just you!  I thought the same thing this episode particularly when they showed Frankel's profile as she was smiling! 

Hahaha I think it's the eyes but they do look like brother and sister.

• Love 4
On 1/17/2019 at 10:00 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Is it me or does Bethany and mark look a lot alike ? 

13 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Hahaha I think it's the eyes but they do look like brother and sister.

I hadn’t thought of it until you posted, but, yes, they both have droopy eyelids and their eyes slant down at the outer corners. There are even photos in which they pose the same, head lifted, angled to the camera. 

• Love 1

I almost couldn't watch this. I cannot stand Bethanny. I don't understand why they can't just stick with the original line up of Sharks. The guest sharks are always so one-note. 

The products were nothing I would really be interested in. Since the move to Sunday, I really have to make a point to remember the show is even on. If I do, great. If not, oh well.

• Love 7

I have to fast forward whenever Bethany talks. She comes off as so obnoxious and grating. 

And as someone else said, having her face on the product would probably turn more people off than get them to buy.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Samsnee said:

I have to fast forward whenever Bethany talks. She comes off as so obnoxious and grating. 

I agree but somehow Spanx Lady makes me ragier.  Maybe it's that fake-looking smile she always seems to have plastered on her face.

• Love 4