Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

June's mother is a nasty piece of work anyway, there is absolutely no way to sing her praises, IMO. A GOOD mother would have taken her daughter to an eye doctor before the condition June had permanently damaged her eyesight, as it did in June's case.

As far as Alana, I think she always wanted the spotlight, and enjoyed the pageants she did. What I saw from the little i saw of Toddlers and Tiaras, and from watching HCHBB, showed that she has always really liked showing off on stage or in front of an audience. Some kids are just like that from the getgo.

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 6
On 4/13/2019 at 1:45 AM, Rebky said:

Jennifer's scales clearly read 326, not 226.

Thank you!  I didn't have my glasses handy but when I saw the scale, I thought it said "326 as well" and I was shocked when ranch dude said "226"  I'm like, "riiiiight.  And June really got down to a size 4."  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Here is a link with some spoilers for this week:

https://soapdirt.com/mama-june-from-not-to-hot-spoilers-downward-spiral-busted-teeth-intervention/

Apparently this is the week that the whole drug bust goes down on the show. It also appears that (this is a guess, it could happen because of something else)

Spoiler

Geno has hit June, because there is a photo of her crying with a broken front tooth

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 3

I just am catching the end of the show (will watch the rerun afterwards) and it doesn't look like I missed the intervention or fight in the parking lot they showed in the previews. Maybe they will save it to the end so they can do a cliffhanger for next week...

22 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

Sugar Bear doesn't need to go the mall.

He was getting "buttocks" done to his face 

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I just am catching the end of the show (will watch the rerun afterwards) and it doesn't look like I missed the intervention or fight in the parking lot they showed in the previews. Maybe they will save it to the end so they can do a cliffhanger for next week...

Buttocks to his face? I missed something.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

And while they drag it out, that thing on Gino's neck is continuing to grow and looks like it will eventually overtake his entire neck. If he did steal money from June, too bad he didn't use some of it to get that thing looked at.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Why is Jennifer getting all this plastic surgery because at the end of the day she is still going to be living out in the sticks with Sugar Bear. It's nice she is trying to improve herself but it's not like she is going to get a Hollywood career out of it.

Sugar Bear and Alana shopping in an empty mall. 🙄

• Love 5

The scripted shopping scene with Gummy Bear made me roll my eyes so far back in my head, I cannot see straight. 

I recently took a new job and the bookkeeper and her husband are Mama June and Gummy Bear - the Kentucky edition. When I pointed out the resemblance to a couple of co-workers, they fell over laughing.  They both said THAT IS WHO THEY REMIND US OF!! They could not put their finger on it, so I was more than happy to help them out. Her husband is always hanging out around the office because he does not work, and the second I saw him, all I could think was OMG. I am in a Honey Boo Boo alternate universe!

• LOL 12
10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

....and Jennifer was getting "Lappo"😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

When Dr Curves started working on Jennifer’s face and she screamed ‘it hurts!’ .... what the hell kind of plastic surgeon is this clown ???  YIKES!

mamajune is so desperate to keep Geno it’s PATHETIC

• Love 10

Jennifer has a really weird hairdo-it looks like the top layer is several inches longer than the rest, and it's so thin that it just looks like thread hanging down. Is there some weave/extension thing going on?

I laughed at her earnestly telling Sugar Bear that she was having a face and butt lift for her 'health'. And it just seems ridiculous that some lumbering, limping old woman living in a trailer and raising chickens* is having multiple cosmetic surgeries in order to win a magazine cover! Only on 'Mama June'!

Sugar Bear turning Jennifer into a mummy with his 'bandages' was funny, but I've got to admit there seems to be real affection between those 2.

*Thanks, WE TV for reminding us-twice-that Jennifer's cat is named Lucifer(?)

Alana did a nice job with the commercial, but dressing Sugar Bear in her vision of Justin Bieber-wear was frightening.

Is it really a thing in a Tantric yoga that the instructor tells the students to 'grind' on each other? That whole scene was freaky. I was rolling my eyes at Geno's shocked refusal to do stuff like that in front of everyone, knowing that he has no problem sending dick pics to total strangers.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Jennifer has a really weird hairdo-it looks like the top layer is several inches longer than the rest, and it's so thin that it just looks like thread hanging down. Is there some weave/extension thing going on?

It seems sometimes that Bariatric surgery patients lose hair after the surgery and the rapid weight loss.  I think the way her hair looks is due to the WLS ( plus it’s a terrible cut or you’re right some kind of weave to cover baldness ) but i could be wrong .

Does Jennifer need a hip replacement ? The limping could indicate hip issues and I’m sure no surgeon would operate till she lost weight.  All these cosmetic surgeries/recovery  have got to be p a i n f u l 

Edited by DNR
Words
  • Love 7

Isn't this 'magazine cover' Jennifer is so excited about the tabloid,  Star? 

10 hours ago, DNR said:

It seems sometimes that Bariatric surgery patients lose hair after the surgery and the rapid weight loss.  I think the way her hair looks is due to the WLS ( plus it’s a terrible cut or you’re right some kind of weave to cover baldness ) but i could be wrong .

Does Jennifer need a hip replacement ? The limping could indicate hip issues and I’m sure no surgeon would operate till she lost weight.  All these cosmetic surgeries/recovery  have got to be p a i n f u l 

I can't tell if the issue is the hips or knees.  I'm not a big fan of this show,  so I have no idea what her hair looked like before. 

I cannot believe these doctors are not encouraging  Gummy Bear to do something about his teeth... not only does it look awful,  it's very unhealthy.  

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 4

A lot of morbidly obese women have issues with thinning hair, it's hormonal and sometimes indicates PCOS. That might be Jennifer's deal.

I can understand June's desperation, it can't be easy for her to meet men, her vision is very, very poor and she's in danger of losing what little she does have, and she is in love with Geno, as bad as he is for her. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, newyawk said:

I can understand June's desperation, it can't be easy for her to meet men, her vision is very, very poor and she's in danger of losing what little she does have, and she is in love with Geno, as bad as he is for her. 

Geno supposedly siphoning off thousands of dollars is a real issue. How did he get access to June's money, anyway? Did she seriously give him her pin #'s for charge/debit/checking accounts?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Geno supposedly siphoning off thousands of dollars is a real issue. How did he get access to June's money, anyway? Did she seriously give him her pin #'s for charge/debit/checking accounts?

All he had to do is wait until she was asleep or in the bathroom and go through her checkbook to get routing and account numbers.  Or maybe he bought things online? Who knows. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

And while they drag it out, that thing on Gino's neck is continuing to grow and looks like it will eventually overtake his entire neck. If he did steal money from June, too bad he didn't use some of it to get that thing looked at.

I think he is sprouting another head you all! And bless June's heart, she can't see shit.  But surely she has felt it??? **full body shudder**

Lord I apologize.........

ICK.jpg

Edited by Rebky
  • LOL 9

I was just about to say Geno needs to see Dr. Popper! She can get rid of that thing on his neck AND the one on his head!  Of course, he'll still have to go to the pen for the crack... But Junebug might be there as well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

June at the yoga place saying he wants spontaneity & new things....he wants new women girlfriend. & I'd bet a dollar to a donut she has given him a debit card with full access to her accounts. He's not a catch by a long shot but he sees how she treated sugar bear, right or wrong he didn't agree with it. He sees how she's doing with her eating habits & calls her on it all the time. I don't see why June lets him treat her this way but I think it's always been this way it's just in the spotlight now.....could you imagine bringing another kid into the mix 🙄🙄

• Love 4

In the previews showing for best Friday does it show MJ with a broken front tooth? If he hit her hard enough to break a veneer 😳 & she's still with him 🤦🏼‍♀️ At least in the last episode Pumkin wasn't sitting there all "as you know our family is going thru some of the same things as many other families" no girlfriend this mess is all on your momma. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, defeated said:

Ugh, I'm not sure how I feel about this!  Ella's adorable, but I'd hate to see her go down that path

I hate to see the HBB cycle continue, I have a feeling the family will do just about anything to keep the fame money coming in. Hopefully it was just for fun because it looks like the type of pageant where everybody gets a trophy. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I hate to see the HBB cycle continue, I have a feeling the family will do just about anything to keep the fame money coming in. Hopefully it was just for fun because it looks like the type of pageant where everybody gets a trophy. 

I hope so too, but HBB became the money fame train. Sad. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I can never understand how people like Mama June and her ilk are willing to compromise their family's privacy and willingly be a laughing stock just for the love of the almighty dollar. I mean, I would love it if a financially secure man came along and I would no longer have to go to work and put up with the bitches there. But I'm not counting on it and reality shows could not pay me enough!

Edited by Rebky
  • Love 10
(edited)

How convenient that Josh gets a free motor home for the weekend when HBB wants to go to Chattanooga. Chattanooga reminds me of the billboards for Rock City and Ruby Falls we used to see while driving down south when I was a kid.

If Jennifer is just doing all this for her health as she claims, then why did she need to get plastic surgery on her face?

We know this is scripted, but if I was an RV company the last people I would want using my RV would be this family of slobs.

Sugar Bear talking about "dessert" (sex) with Jennifer to her son, he is nasty. Oh my, the calendar shots of SB.

Tristan is a good sport, but I guess he figures it gets him on tv.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Did Geno just say to June (I will spoiler tag it because it's off color)

Reveal spoiler

Dodo has a better chance of coming than you. (eeeeeeew)

Yes! 

I know Tristan was Alana's  DWTS partner,  but who is he?  Is he an actor?   Is he this desperate for recognition?  He seems like he likes her as a friend.   

Does Jennifer really think she's going to become a cover model?   Losing weight is for her health... having plastic surgery tho?   

• Love 5
1 minute ago, StitchPunk said:

Is it concerning how obsessed she is with her ex dance partner? It seems concerning. 

I think she knows they are just in the Friend Zone, she probably does have a crush on him and she is playing it up for the cameras. He seems like a nice kid, he told her he loved her (as a friend), boys that age don't normally do that. He is a professional dancer so I'm sure he likes the opportunity to be on tv.

• Love 10

The way the pageants work is, someone decides to put one on, they line up judges (usually local tv news people or former pageant winners), put out publicity on the pageant networks, or through mailing lists.     Then the entrants parents pay money for the basic pageant, which means they compete in the beauty part, sometimes other parts like modelling, or talent are included, but often every single extra category is additional funds.    Then the pageant director (who put it on) cuts a deal with a big hotel, where they rent event rooms for the weekend, and participants book one or more rooms each for the parents, kids, coaches.   Hair and makeup people usually book time slots for the pageants, and maybe a TV crew shows up and pays to film the pageant.      Kids compete in the basic category, and any other one they signed up for.   

Then the kids get cash prizes, crowns, sashes, trophies, or other prizes for winning each age level, then each extra category (best smile, photogenic, talent, etc.) that the parents paid extra to enter give their prizes, photos are taken (and paid for), and everyone goes home.     It can cost thousands to enter the weekend pageants, and it's a huge money maker for the hotel, and pageant director.    The big money, from what I've heard, is in putting on pageants, and coaching. plus the hair and makeup people do fairly well too.    The people who do costumes, and pageant wear charge up to several thousand for the fancier dresses.    

When you add in coaching, hair, makeup, costumes, travel, hotel, entry fees, then even breaking even usually doesn't happen.      

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/2/2019 at 1:24 PM, Rebky said:

I can never understand how people like Mama June and her ilk are willing to compromise their family's privacy and willingly be a laughing stock

Have you never been in NYC, or anywhere these days, really, and seen some of these obnoxious people having loudass discussions on their cellphones and all kinds of knockout dragout arguments in public? Happens all the time, they think the attention makes them important, and they live for drama. At least June can make an easy buck out of it, and who would turn that kind of money down? 

• Love 4

Based on what we've been shown, Geno and June's troubles began when she sprang her fake pregnancy story on him. If he doesn't want any more kids, why doesn't he just get a vasectomy? 

Did I hear correctly (through the mushmouth and bleepings)? He's claiming he doesn't want to sleep with her because she's not taking care of her health?! June needs to develop some self respect (though I guess it's a little late for that).

Are we going to be subjected to 'Let's Dress Sugar Bear Up and Make Him Look Ridiculous' every week now? This is the third time.

• Love 7

It's very disturbing to see Mj begging for sex every.two.minutes. I mean good grief she's late thirties and still thinks sex fixes everything. & really how much alone time does she think she'll get with an RV full of people, what's gross is she'd pull the curtain and go at it with them there 🤢

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Did Geno just say to June (I will spoiler tag it because it's off color)

Reveal spoiler

Dodo has a better chance of coming than you. (eeeeeeew)

Yes! After he told June before they left on the trip that she could drive and he'd take DoeDoe in the back of the RV 🤕🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 1

June begging for sex is gross.  Alana desperate for a kiss is sad.  Pumpkin is right; the way people in her family go after men is really disturbing.

While the setups are always ridiculous and the acting is horribly stilted, there were some real moments in this one.  Geno isn't playing along anymore. Doedoe and June had a conversation that was in part honest and direct.  

• Love 8

What's crazy is that in real time, they still seem to be together after all of this.

No, I wouldn't go on TV and go through all they're putting on and obviously a couple of June's daughters won't either.  It takes a certain kind of person to put on the display June does.

• Love 4