Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June: From Not To Hot: Seasons 1-6

• Start Topic

And that guy she is with looks like a fool.  He still  wears teeth, earrings and a necklace even though he knows that money should have gone towards Alana's basic needs.  While it doesn't look like anyone is missing a meal money could have been put aside for education, health care etc.

• Like 6
On 6/16/2023 at 7:24 PM, Blondie said:

What kind of mother calls her girls bitches and assholes?  They are better off without her.  She may be sober and "clean" but has a filthy soul.  

To be fair, they use the same kind of language back at her. It's "just how they do."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/18/2023 at 9:06 PM, newyawk said:

To be fair, they use the same kind of language back at her. It's "just how they do."

True but to be fair - Mama Sooee has earned being referred to as such - the kids have not.  But I do find it interesting that within her sphere of absolutely NO self-reflection that she pens a text message seeking rapprochement and understanding and signs off calling them bitches.  

Interesting that NOT ONE of the intended recipients supposedly even bothered to read it.  

What I do find interesting is that if you look at the snippets from upcoming episodes there's a quick flash of June in her Tent by Omar Wedding Dress and all four girls are surrounding her.  Makes you wonder what the inducement was to make them pull together.  

I'm still curious what she gave or said she'd give to Anna to get her to attend that insipid bridal shower, especially since you could tell Anna was less than enrolled to be there.  

• Like 4
On 6/21/2023 at 9:47 PM, Carolina Girl said:

But I do find it interesting that within her sphere of absolutely NO self-reflection that she pens a text message seeking rapprochement and understanding and signs off calling them bitches.  

You never heard of girls or young women casually calling each other bitches, as in "Later bitches" or "Me and my bitches" etc? I think that's basically all it is. June operates on the level of a ninth grader.

• Like 5
22 hours ago, newyawk said:

June operates on the level of a ninth grader.

My age must be showing (almost 70).  You're right of course, and I hadn't thought of it in those terms.  I am so appalled by the casual use of the B word when referring to one's friends.....

Just for grins, I went back and watched a couple of episodes of Toddlers and Tiaras to see what the fuss about "Honey Boo Boo" was about - and holy hell -- that family -- and ESPECIALLY Alana - took obnoxious to an art form.   Can someone -- anyone - explain why they got their own show???

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Calling totes shenanigans on Alana's college entrance applications. Been a few years since I was in college, but I believe that most if not all admission applications are done virtually. Wonder what nonsense paperwork Pumpkin "found" in Alana's room.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Isn't January 1 a common application deadline for larger, major colleges like the University of Georgia? Has Alana said where she wants to go beyond saying nursing?  Some schools enroll every semester so it's more of a rolling situation.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Has Alana said where she wants to go beyond saying nursing? 

Word on the street is she's going to Regis College in Denver, Colorado. She hasn't been accepted to their nursing school yet so that may be a pipe dream. Regis is a Christian College so she'd better change her language if she wants to be accepted and stay enrolled.

• LOL 7
16 hours ago, slasherboy said:

Word on the street is she's going to Regis College in Denver, Colorado. She hasn't been accepted to their nursing school yet so that may be a pipe dream. Regis is a Christian College so she'd better change her language if she wants to be accepted and stay enrolled.

Somewhere far far far away from her awful fame strumpet mother would be the best thing for her.   Let her live in a dorm where she is just another one of the students.   She needs NORMALCY not the circus that has surrounded her since she was a little kid.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

It needed to be done.  It didn't need to be on TV, but that's the price of free therapy.  I think June needs at least 100 more hours of therapy to even begin to truly get what damage she's done.  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It needed to be done.  It didn't need to be on TV, but that's the price of free therapy.  I think June needs at least 100 more hours of therapy to even begin to truly get what damage she's done.  

Yes times 1000. I still don't think June gets it though. Not sure I like Ish giving June a way out with saying since her mother was shi***, she never learned how to be a good mother. How does he then explain how Pumpkin has managed to be a good mother? (Although I don't always agree with her parenting decisions). June will never put her kids before a man. And they never got into Chickadee's abuse by one of June's guys. She's irredeemable to me. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

June also had Doe Doe who seems to have done OK with her daughter plus Anna who was brought up by June's mother is reputed to be OK as a mother.  June was bad enough before drugs, but I don't think she's ever fully recovered from her time on drugs.  She's been an extra level of self-centered and selfish ever since Geno.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, BAForever said:

How does he then explain how Pumpkin has managed to be a good mother? 

I'm not so sure Pumpkin is all that great of a mother. Do you see what she feeds those children? Watch her Tik Tok Live when she's shilling that junk she buys from Temu and the dollar store ($8 shipping for a $10 plastic pen?). She and Josh are constantly yelling at Bentley to "lay the fuck down and go to sleep!" and it's after midnight. He should have been in his own bed and asleep hours ago. I don't doubt she loves her kids, but there's more to being a good mother than loving them.

Edited by slasherboy
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, slasherboy said:

I'm not so sure Pumpkin is all that great of a mother. Do you see what she feeds those children? Watch her Tik Tok Live when she's shilling that junk she buys from Temu and the dollar store ($8 shipping for a $10 plastic pen?). She and Josh are constantly yelling at Bentley to "lay the fuck down and go to sleep!" and it's after midnight. He should have been in his own bed and asleep hours ago. I don't doubt she loves her kids, but there's more to being a good mother than loving them.

You are 100% correct slasherboy. I do not follow any of these people on any forum. She does seem to love all of them and wants a good life for them, which is more than anyone can say for June. Point taken. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Oh my God that Alana was crying and Ish had to prompt June to comfort her.

Also, when June was standing near the punching bag and the light hit her, I could see her badly blended foundation, LOL. Not only did it not match her skin, it didn't even go to the edges of her face or blend into her neck!

Edited by newyawk
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Well I'm not sure who did Junes make up (if she did it....she is nearly blind?) And speaking of that, if June is not able to see to drive, how can she see that cell phone? I see her talking to text but I've also seen her read something before. Heck, I can't read my phone or a newspaper with out my bifocals on.  It must be awful for her if she is that bad. The girls were driving her around way back when she was with Sugar Bear. I thought Alana was just liking having a chauffeur drive her around but after she broke down crying about her real fear is getting in an accident, I may have changed my opinion that she is acting just like her mom. I thought she was just being lazy!?

• Like 5
On 7/2/2023 at 1:03 PM, Absolom said:

but I don't think she's ever fully recovered from her time on drugs.  She's been an extra level of self-centered and selfish ever since Geno.  

Nah, she let a boyfriend molest her kid.  That was pre drugs.  Then she got back together with the guy and was running around with him.  Pre-drugs.

She has always been this self-centered.   A man has ALWAYS come before her kids.  ANY MAN.   

• Sad 2
  • Applause 6

June's always been man crazy with extremely poor taste in men, but she did at least show up to their events and at least pretend to have some interest in her daughters.  She hasn't even managed to do the tiniest bit of minimum since the drugs.

• Like 6

Ugh at Pumpkin being willing to give 'June Bug' more chances to screw up her relationship with her family. I couldn't believe that she didn't just cut her off permanently after this latest fiasco (meeting June at a park supposedly to let her see her grandkids, but then June uses it as an opportunity to take Ella aside and get her all excited about being the flower girl). 

Not that this is a huge revelation, but it seems obvious that neither June nor her kids would still be talking if it weren't for the TV money-which makes them all guilty and despicable.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I watched this show last night for the first time in awhile. Last time I watched it June was still with Gino.

They keep talking about June's mother being such a bad parent, but didn't she basically raise Anna? Did the mother straighten herself out when she was older?

Josh and Pumpkin have their hands full with four kids but I do hope they do okay in life and are better parents than June and break the cycle of neglect/ drugs etc.

• Like 4
On 7/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, applewood said:

They keep talking about June's mother being such a bad parent, but didn't she basically raise Anna? Did the mother straighten herself out when she was older?

Because of her mom's negligence in not taking her to a doctor when she was having problems with her eyes initially, June is now legally blind. June and DoeDoe were both talking about their mother prioritizing men over her kids, so she couldn't have been that great a mother. They haven't featured June's mother in a long time, but the last time she was shown, she was besties with Jennifugh and just as nasty as ever.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

I really wish we had a place here in NYC like they do around the girls in Georgia where you can go, pay a fee, and go into a room and destroy things.  I did think that was a good idea of June's to book that for Josh.

Edited by newyawk
On 7/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, Absolom said:

Perhaps it was me, but this last episode seemed more fake than usual to me.  It felt like it was all a poorly acted script.  

None of these clowns could act their way out of a paper bag and man does this episode prove it.  Considering that we've already seen the photos of the girls with Soo-eee on her wedding day, there's nothing to speculate as to whether they show up or not.  Which is why I wonder exactly what sort of Hollywood career Alana had envisioned for herself.

And as much as I like Josh, I'm not buying his showing up to "make peace" aka "the things I do for my wife."  Soo-eee's apology for the underhanded method of asking about the flower girl thing was total bullshit and Josh should have told Pumpkin "since she went behind our backs, tell your mother that there's no way Ella or any of the other children show up at her wedding."  As far as Ella being upset, oh please - she has no idea what a "flower girl" really is and if her parents bought her a cheap Disney Princess dress to run around in, she wouldn't mention the flower girl BS again.  Notice that Soo-eee didn't emphasize the "flower girl" or "wedding" aspect - she reminded Ella how much she loved to dress up in pretty sparkly dresses.  

• Like 3

I have a question I've never seen brought up before.

We all know this show is scripted. But who actually writes the scripts? Who makes up these ridiculous story lines and tells the Boo Boos what to say? Somebody needs to get the blame.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
3 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

I have a question I've never seen brought up before.

We all know this show is scripted. But who actually writes the scripts? Who makes up these ridiculous story lines and tells the Boo Boos what to say? Somebody needs to get the blame.

Probably that idiot manager of theirs, I think her name is Gina.  It's not as if she's holding the national brain trust, either.  

• Like 2
(edited)

That's so awful!.    Poor Anna. 

Why is June, who barely was in her daughter's life, didn't raise her, and is estranged from her, announcing her daughter's medical information?     Anything to get her sorry fanny on TV, and get publicity.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, newyawk said:

I’m very sorry for Anna - she’s so young.

But… why is it June talking to the press about the cancer being terminal? From the way the article was written, it sounded to me like June was the first one to announce it. Making something that personal public should be Anna's choice, and I didn’t notice anything in the article saying June had Anna’s approval to speak for her. (Though to be fair, I don’t follow their SM so I only know what I see from the links here.)

Is this a mother speaking for her daughter to spare her a difficult interview, or a mother seeing a chance for publicity and jumping at it before the daughter could tell her to keep out of it?

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, LeesburgLee said:

Is this a mother speaking for her daughter to spare her a difficult interview, or a mother seeing a chance for publicity and jumping at it before the daughter could tell her to keep out of it?

This times 1000. I hope Anna gave June the okay to give this interview. "June Bug" is such a fame whore, nothing she does would surprise me. She's the last person I'd want in my life if I were dealing with such a devastating prognosis. 

• Like 4

I'll play the devil's advocate here. They do have a current season of the show on the air and I'm sure WeTV arranged for June and some of the others to do interviews to promote it, hence the Entertainment Tonight interview. Since Anna's cancer did make the news, it is a natural question to ask June how she is. I also hope June was given permission to talk about it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Saying something nice: Ella was in a very simple white dress and looked adorable and classic. 

The other girls looked tacky, but not really terrible. jessica has quite the cleavage! Another good thing: they all have great cheekbones.

June (and Justin) looked ridiculous. When the show finally ends, he'll stick around exactly as long as her bank account. 

I get the impression that none of them is really close to Anna, but they're going to use her situation as the upcoming season's plot, however it turns out for Anna.😔

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

The Regis program for nursing actually is rated as #7 in Colorado for nursing, and #366 nationally out of 1,700 programs.   It's also very expensive, with the scholarship not even paying half of the costs for a year, with the tuition over $42,000, plus books, lab fees, and room and meal plans.    So, June saying they have to pay a little bit over the scholarship is wrong.  

Should be interesting to see how Alana adapts to a Jesuit school, and the rigorous program she's decided to pursue.      The school offers advanced degrees, so Alana can do everything at one university.   

I wonder if the school will allow filming?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/31/2023 at 9:43 AM, pasdetrois said:

She will be so far away from everything she knows. That will either be her salvation or her undoing.

It would have been really good for her to make a fresh start. But Dralin went along and I think it will be too easy to fall back into bad habits with him there.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
On 9/4/2023 at 9:58 PM, Armchair Critic said:

It would have been really good for her to make a fresh start. But Dralin went along and I think it will be too easy to fall back into bad habits with him there.

Darn it.   The best thing she can do is just live the life of a normal college student.   Not being filmed all the time, not having meet and greets.   Just go to school.   Be around other kids her own age, who didn't grow up with a June type mom.   Meet nice boys who will like her for herself, not her money or fame, who won't get her into trouble with the law.   But that won't happen with Dralin along.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4