Type keyword(s) to search

Temptation Island (2019) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't like Medinah after this episode, and I don't find her attractive either.  

David is an asshole. He didn't even say something like "I was drunk, and I can't justify my behaviour." He was basically like yeah I wanted to do it so I did.

I already have nostalgia for last season's TI.  For those who missed it I REALLY recommend it.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I already have nostalgia for last season's TI.  For those who missed it I REALLY recommend it.

Thanks for the recommendation. My cable provider has the entire season available on demand, so I'll probably check it out.  Except. . .

I caught the S2 prequel casting special which spends the first couple of minutes SPOILING THE ENDING OF S1. Damn!

ashley (the one with rick) was quite a hypocrite at the table when she started on how  there was too much drama--easy to talk when you fall into bed pre-first date with the first guy you see. ugh. Somehow I feel ashley and rick will be together in the end but I dont know how.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Medinah is trying very hard to be the Morgan of Season 2.

The difference is the chemistry was so evident with morgan and Evan, Medinah is just being so aggressive and annoying . You can see rick is uncomfortable .

• Love 9
On 11/2/2019 at 12:27 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't like Medinah after this episode, and I don't find her attractive either.

She made me really uncomfortable when she was straddling Rick. I’m sure he was fine but he was saying “stop” & she kept going. If you reverse the genders, it would be seen as pushy at least but most likely predatory. I know this is a tv show but it still felt gross. 

And good lord Peyton. One date & she is having serious conversations with Casey? Dude is just trying to party & hook up (under the umbrella of the “process”) and go back to his girlfriend (I hope she leaves him). He’s not trying to have relationship talks with her during a booze filled party. I was annoyed for him & he’s a loser. 

This season is definitely grosser than last season but I’m a horrible person so I’ll keep watching.  

Edited by jmcd44
Spacing
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, Heckler52317 said:

Who was the first single girl voted off, and does she have Instagram? She was gorgeous...

I'm not sure which one that was but the cast info can be found here.

12 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

This season is definitely grosser than last season but I’m a horrible person so I’ll keep watching.  

Yeah, I'm invested enough to see how it plays out for the four couples, but, if the season continues on this trend, I don't know if I have a Season 3 in me.  This is way too tacky for my tastes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/3/2019 at 9:19 AM, Heckler52317 said:

Who was the first single girl voted off, and does she have Instagram? She was gorgeous

I second that assessment.

14 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I'm not sure which one that was but the cast info can be found here

Appreciate the link. I believe the single in question is Sam Harb. Very beautiful. She must be more on the reserved side compared to the other single women. Otherwise can't imagine why none of the guys tried to connect with her. 

• Love 2

So David took to social media to say the following:

"1) I did not have sex with Peyton or Sam that night. 2) I did not do anything more with Peyton that night than kiss her. 3) I did not kiss or hookup with Sam that night. 4) None of these statements condone what I did do that night – which is go against everything I told Kate I wanted to go to TI to do. It’s really hard to see this play out months later and see the pain Kate went through. I take full responsibility and regret it all and hope you will get to see that in future episodes.” "

So he's claiming a little innocence here.  But even if he didn't have sex, something tells me his actions were "against the rules" that he and Kate discussed/agreed to.  Me thinks Kate will be none too please with David voluntarily getting naked in front of other girls and allowing girls into his bed.

As for Casey, I don't have issues with his actions regarding asking another girl out.  Maybe he could have been a little more sly and not do it directly in front of Peyton, but then again, he's suppose to go out on dates with multiple people and this is only the 2nd date of the show.

Gavin, not sure what he's going to do and how his story will play out.

Rick, still seems like he's trying to figure stuff out on his own and process things.  Almost feels like he's the only one taking the situation seriously.

As for the singles mingling, while they're still active on the show and in the villas, i bet they are not allowed.  Once they've been eliminated, assuming they get sent back to a hotel, it's quite possible then they interact with each other.  But the villas have to be far enough apart from each other where they're not easily accessible to the others.  

In theory the show is about finding love.  I think this season, you definitely have more people going on to boost their fame/followers or thinking that they can get a free vacation or something.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dochielomn said:

So David took to social media to say the following

Yeah, it's sort of the Clinton experience, no?  He didn't have sex with "that woman" either, just a blow job. . .  So maybe frolicking around in your bed naked with two nude women is not sex either, but perhaps the activity is meaningful anyway (especially to your girlfriend) even if part A never goes into part B.

More curious to me, is David not violating some sort of confidentiality agreement by publically commenting on the events of the episodes before the finale has aired?  Certainly it would be very much in the producers' interests to keep that information vague - "did they or didn't they?"  I almost feel like I've been spoiled.  I wonder what the contestants' contracts actually say about what they can share with whom and when they can share it.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, sd dude said:

Yeah, it's sort of the Clinton experience, no?  He didn't have sex with "that woman" either, just a blow job. . .  So maybe frolicking around in your bed naked with two nude women is not sex either, but perhaps the activity is meaningful anyway (especially to your girlfriend) even if part A never goes into part B.

More curious to me, is David not violating some sort of confidentiality agreement by publically commenting on the events of the episodes before the finale has aired?  Certainly it would be very much in the producers' interests to keep that information vague - "did they or didn't they?"  I almost feel like I've been spoiled.  I wonder what the contestants' contracts actually say about what they can share with whom and when they can share it.

Yeah, I agree that maybe he didn't have "sex" but he was naked in the shower with one of the girls and they were "washing" (looked more like caressing to me) each other and I'm sure (saracasm here) that David's male part was non reactive that entire time.....Regardless, someone like Kate is not going to accept this type of behavior and I really don't see how she can stay with him if she had trust issues to start with.  

Also, David said this before he listed out his 4 points, "Wish I could’ve given everyone the full version of events to set the record straight on what happened, but unfortunately, when lawyers get involved, not much I can do.”  So, there were lawyers involved and I'm sure David and the show had to do some negotiating over what he is allowed to say.  

Here's the full article to which i keep quoting- https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/temptation-island-season-2-david-benavidez-alleged-threesome.html/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Listened to a podcast with Gavin on it. He says that he and Esonica met on set as they were both doing part time work as extras in ATL.   Maybe he’s more about the camera and that’s why the other girls aren’t all over him?  He described his month there as being in a “luxurious prison” 😂 He said he was not romantically interested in Medina.  They had a couple of little arguments so he asked her out in an effort to try to connect with her on some level.

Spoiler

He said that he and Esonica’s rules were no kissing and no one in bed.  He and Esonica disagreed about kissing, he thought it meant no lingering and she intended no kissing at all so maybe we will see this play out in a future episode.

• Love 2

Okay, I guess we know how Esonica stands on toe sucking....  I love Esonica.  So far, she rules, rather than letting the "experience" rule her.

Casey is ridiculously immature and self-absorbed and insensitive.  I don't know what any of these women see in him, especially Ashley.

Oh, David, I don't think there's any explanation, beyond the obvious, for your behavior. 

So... Ashley and KB are friendzoned, because she wanted to see where she was still at with Rick?  And KB friendzoning you, after you suggested leaving the island with him when all is said and done, is not the reason?  Keep fooling yourself, girl.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I’m having such a difficult time dealing with whatever the fuck is going on with Mark’s teeth. Can’t someone put some Vasoline on those giant, blinding chompers so his lips won’t keep getting caught on them?  I can’t concentrate on the drama going on at the bonfires if I’m busy watching him try to enunciate around those horse veneers.

i loved Esonica’s reaction to the toe sucking.  Ew, gross, no I don’t feel threatened by that, I feel disgusted. 

I hope so much that Casey gets dumped by the end of this.  He lost any points he had with me tonight. It’s a shame he doesn’t like being called an asshole because it really is such a perfect word for him.

I can’t believe they ended the episode where they did.  It looked like Kate was about to fully implode. She should be with a man her age - they mature more slowly than women so even if David is only a few years younger than her, he’s behaving a good decade younger than her.  

Notice how Ashley spun her “just friends” status with KB as being due to her still having feelings for her boyfriend. No girl, we all saw what happened.  KB said he didn’t want to tap that anymore and now you’re trying to save face.  She’s very right about not being cut out for this.

• Love 9

I hate Casey. Even more than I David. He’s such a pathetic liar. How do these women (cough Peyton cough) not realize he is there to hook up & her his ego stroked? He’s going to go home with Ashley. 

Spoiler

Speaking of-I will take absolute glee in him being upset next week & I hope he breaks his stupid hand on that bench. She is beautiful & seems nice-she can do better than him. I fear she will still leave with him though.

Peyton is also pathetic. I am very much hoping her crying & running away from Casey was for camera time. You went on one (two?) dates with him. Chill. I’m 40 & dating & I will never miss the complete insecurity of my early 20s (do miss unlined skin). 

Per usual-Esonica for the win. She seems like a blast to hang out with & just cool in general. 

Zero sympathy for other Ashley watching Rick. Good for him. But I find Medinah to be extremely annoying still-“oh I’ve figured out Casey!” Girl-we all did in the first episode-he’s a choad. 

Edited by jmcd44
  • Love 11

I doubt any person dealing with a relationship that’s so annoying they bring their partner on Temptation Island wants to see another relationship anytime soon. No, hookup and play are the only activities I’d even entertain. And being chased and waited on hand and foot. Love and new relationship? Hell no.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Irritable said:

I’m having such a difficult time dealing with whatever the fuck is going on with Mark’s teeth. Can’t someone put some Vasoline on those giant, blinding chompers so his lips won’t keep getting caught on them?  I can’t concentrate on the drama going on at the bonfires if I’m busy watching him try to enunciate around those horse veneers.

i loved Esonica’s reaction to the toe sucking.  Ew, gross, no I don’t feel threatened by that, I feel disgusted. 

I hope so much that Casey gets dumped by the end of this.  He lost any points he had with me tonight. It’s a shame he doesn’t like being called an asshole because it really is such a perfect word for him.

I can’t believe they ended the episode where they did.  It looked like Kate was about to fully implode. She should be with a man her age - they mature more slowly than women so even if David is only a few years younger than her, he’s behaving a good decade younger than her.  

Notice how Ashley spun her “just friends” status with KB as being due to her still having feelings for her boyfriend. No girl, we all saw what happened.  KB said he didn’t want to tap that anymore and now you’re trying to save face.  She’s very right about not being cut out for this.

Oh. The old we mature slower than women thing?

I don't subscribe to this line of thinking. Simply because the fact is that a lot of people are weak. Weak minded and weak willed. I don't need a bunch of surveys and studies. There plenty of mature people out there at a younger age and her getting with a older guy means nothing. Assholes are just assholes. We are seeing it with Ashley and David at the same time. 

Rick has been much more mature than both of the women revolving around him. Why is that?

I don't like scapegoating shitty behavior. That's all it is to me. He's a horny idiot. That comes in all ages and genders for different reasons.

Ashley is so full of shit it's not even funny.

• Love 3

Okay, I guess we know how Esonica stands on toe sucking....  I love Esonica.  So far, she rules, rather than letting the "experience" rule her.

Casey is ridiculously immature and self-absorbed and insensitive.  I don't know what any of these women see in him, especially Ashley.

Oh, David, I don't think there's any explanation, beyond the obvious, for your behavior. 

So... Ashley and KB are friendzoned, because she wanted to see where she was still at with Rick?  And KB friendzoning you, after you suggested leaving the island with him when all is said and done, is not the reason?  Keep fooling yourself, girl.

exactly. she said she wanted to leave the island with hi, he turned her down and she tries to spin it really hard. She is seriously one of the most selfish and deluded people I have seen. Ugh. and her whiny voice "I need kisses" <eyeroll>

• Love 3
On 11/6/2019 at 9:31 AM, dochielomn said:

Yeah, I agree that maybe he didn't have "sex" but he was naked in the shower with one of the girls and they were "washing" (looked more like caressing to me) each other and I'm sure (saracasm here) that David's male part was non reactive that entire time.....Regardless, someone like Kate is not going to accept this type of behavior and I really don't see how she can stay with him if she had trust issues to start with.  

Also, David said this before he listed out his 4 points, "Wish I could’ve given everyone the full version of events to set the record straight on what happened, but unfortunately, when lawyers get involved, not much I can do.”  So, there were lawyers involved and I'm sure David and the show had to do some negotiating over what he is allowed to say.  

Here's the full article to which i keep quoting- https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/temptation-island-season-2-david-benavidez-alleged-threesome.html/

All of the Instagram posts are now deleted I think - is that right?  Are they basically written out versions of what is posted in the article? 

I DO like reading David's Instagram though, because everyone is just ripping him to shreds in the comments 🙂

7 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Medina is way too aggressive. How is she comfortable showing this on TV?

Seriously, it's gross.  Whenever this happens, Rick is asleep or probably really drunk or really heartbroken.  Has he ever not been at his most vulnerable when she's done shit like this?

17 hours ago, Fellaway said:

Ashley is just a bad person.  KB full out REJECTS her after she sleeps with him, as certain men are wont to do.  At the bonfire she has the nerve to get upset at Rick and makes up an explanation that she "Friendzoned" KB for the sake of her feelings for Rick?  Hahhahahahahahahahahhahahaha no.  Everyone saw KB reject YOU.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Irritable said:

Ha, exactly.  She's awful.

I'm sure Other Ashley might be a good person and all but daaaaaaaamn she is needy.  I can't take another clip of her staring at some guy and saying "But enough about me, what about me?" again.  God.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ha, exactly.  She's awful.

I'm sure Other Ashley might be a good person and all but daaaaaaaamn she is needy.  I can't take another clip of her staring at some guy and saying "But enough about me, what about me?" again.  God.

Yes. I was watching her segments and thinking about how tiring this would be as a single on this show. You have to sit and listen to people drone on and on about their problems while trying to get their own ego Fed. 

• Love 1
On 11/7/2019 at 11:08 PM, Fellaway said:

Casey is ridiculously immature and self-absorbed and insensitive.

Quoting myself, because I forgot to add "shallow."  Good golly, Miss Molly, is he shallow.  And, while we are all aware they've only been on one "date," did he not wonder what Peyton was up to with David and Samantha?  Is he really that oblivious to everyone and everything but himself?

Also, still mysterious:  Why none of these women are into Gavin, like, even a little bit.  However on this Earth did he get Esonica?  (I may be asking that every week.)

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 3

Quoting myself, because I forgot to add "shallow."  Good golly, Miss Molly, is he shallow.  And, while we are all aware they've only been on one "date," did he not wonder what Peyton was up to with David and Samantha?  Is he really that oblivious to everyone and everything but himself?

Also, still mysterious:  Why none of these women are into Gavin, like, even a little bit.  However on this Earth did he get Esonica?  (I may be asking that every week.)

I've been seeing a lot of people going after Gavin but he just seems like a normal dude. Not unattractive at all. He also seems like a fun, go with the flow regular dude. I don't question how he got his girlfriend at all. My only thing is that he doesn't seem to be putting enough effort in to keep her.

Why would Casey give a shit what she was doing? He doesn't care. 

He came there to have fun, flirt and go back to his girl. That's it. And it's about to royally backfire because he's not as great as he thinks he is.

• Love 10

Temptresses such as Medina and Payton are acting ridiculous being all needy already begging for a relationship. If their girlfriends have to go on this show in an attempt to get them to commit, why the hell do you think they’re going to marry you after knowing you for 3 days?!? 
I was really clutching my pearls over Payton getting in bed with Samantha and David after she was just crying over Casey not “committing” immediately—and then still runs back to Casey the next day pretending like nothing happened. Casey has no idea, right? That guy is such a jerk that I hope he does end up falling for Payton then gets his heart broken twice when he finds out that both Payton and hopefully Ashley “cheated” on him.

• Love 7
On 11/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, Racj82 said:

Yes. I was watching her segments and thinking about how tiring this would be as a single on this show. You have to sit and listen to people drone on and on about their problems while trying to get their own ego Fed. 

The premise is kinda dumb when you think about it. You remember that show that came on MTV? where they put the person in a hotel room with their ex on some sunny island?

5 hours ago, announcergirl said:

The premise is kinda dumb when you think about it. You remember that show that came on MTV? where they put the person in a hotel room with their ex on some sunny island?

Can't say I remember that one. I've seen my fair share of garbage dating shows.

• Love 1
On 11/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, Racj82 said:

I've been seeing a lot of people going after Gavin but he just seems like a normal dude.

I dunno.  I can't say I've seen any of the ladies showing interest in him, either of the "they're really interested in him" variety or of the "they just want some extra face-time on TV" variety, but I do agree he's the most normal of the guys.  Maybe that's what attracted Esonica.  She's certainly not falling for any of the flash or manipulation of the male tempters.  Yet, anyway.  I think I'll be disappointed if she does, whether or not she decides to stay with Gavin.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, Racj82 said:

He came there to have fun, flirt and go back to his girl.

As I've said before, myself.  I certainly don't think Casey cares.  It's the obliviousness to all but himself that gets me.

• Love 2

Finally got around to having some time to watch the last episode.  Some random thoughts: (also major props to the person on his board that came up with Ashley G-Spot and Ashley Hysterical as that's the easiest way to remember which one is which).

Rick & Ashley G- Are we to assume that Medinah might have gone downtown on Rick?  At least the way they showed it, it looked like her face was headed down in that direction and Rick's arms/hands were stretched out the entire time.  Not that I blame Rick for allowing it to happen (hell, he was sleeping in his bed and Medinah came in, technically uninvited, and pounced on him) and when you also factor in Ashley's behavior, I kind of feel that anything Rick does is justified.  Plus, he seems like the only one really trying to work on himself via this show.  As for Ashley, everyone has said it.  She tried to take things further with KB, he said no, and now she's trying to save face and acting like they agree to just be friends.  Clearly not what was shown to us (either that or a hell of a an edit to make it look that way).

Gavin & Esonica- I think Gavin only had like 1 scene in the entire episode and nothing else.  Esonica really didn't do that much either other than her reaction to the toe sucking thing.

Casey & Ashley H- Ah, Casey.  Just too funny and too dumb.  Clearly he doesn't think before he talks.  Saying things like "if Ashley broke up with me, i'd be fine and just return to hooking up with whoever I want when I want" and "yeah, I didn't really mean I love you to her, I think I just said it because she wanted to hear it".  Just a moron for not thinking that this clip would be shown to Ashley.  And then later, him getting upset because the girls called him an ahole.  Uh, dude, you're the worst kind of ahole.  Your the type where you clearly are on but can't accept it and think that you're a good person.  Yeah, maybe you obey laws and don't commit crimes but that doesn't simply mean you're a good person.  You can still clearly be an ahole.  As for Ashley, I laughed that she was already crying before the bonfire video had even started.  Looks like next week should be interesting for her.

David & Kate- David just has a lying problem.  He tells both single girls that he really likes them and wants to continue to explore things with them but then is also telling the camera that he really loves Kate and wants to be with her as well.  David, really needs some alone time and do some self-reflecting at who he really is and who he wants to be.  Because right now, he's just a liar.  And Kate, well, the way the episode was going, you knew the show would end on her seeing the clip and we wouldn't get her full reaction until next week.  I'm almost kind of expecting for her to pull a Kaci and rip her microphone off and storm off and say that she's leaving now.  Just don't think that Kate should be there anymore.

As for the singles, the single women are really clingy this season.  By this i mean, Medinah has just claimed Rick as hers and Peyton gets so pissed if Casey is talking to other girls or asking anyone else out.  Uh, the point of it is for him to "find love" as well.  So, he's allowed to date other people or see if there is a connection.  You've known him for like a week.  Chill out.  As for the single men, the guy that's trying to get with Kate is just funny but at least he made a gesture of forgiveness with the hershey kisses.  But he needs to back off and realize that Kate isn't going to open up to anyone at the moment and just be patient at best.

Looking forward to this coming episode.  

• Love 3
On 11/8/2019 at 10:38 PM, Racj82 said:

And you know 1/2 of them that are acting as if they like the person because they want more time on the screen to promote whatever they do in real life.  Do we really think Toneata thinks David deserves a second chance after that threesome?  No.  She wants to be on TV as much as possible.  Is Deac really that into Ashley? No. He is playing up the love triangle thing for more exposure. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, jenifaohjenny said:

Is Deac really that into Ashley? No. He is playing up the love triangle thing for more exposure. 

I think Deac kind of admitted to Ben that he's just looking to hookup with Ashley at this point.

• Love 2

I hope Peyton really did leave.  I can't bear to see her "I'm a fun girl" wink one more time, or adjust those glasses that probably don't even have prescription lenses. Why she is acting so betrayed by Casey is beyond me.  He knows she was in a threesome with David, that dropped her chances with him down to zero and they already weren't very high.  I will say that I can't understand when he was talking to her out in the driveway why in the world he said that if Ashley broke up with him he would be ok and just go back to having fun and doing whatever he wanted.  Clearly from his reaction to her kissing another guy that was not true at all, and it makes no sense that he said it to Peyton of all people, when he had no intention of furthering things with her.  But still, she's playing this up too hard like she was done wrong, and knows enough about Casey to give Ashley the advice to move on.  Stay in your lane, Peyton! You're the winking, lap dancing, threesoming party girl - that's how YOU chose to be portrayed on this show - so you don't get to also act like you were the girl who earnestly came looking for deep soul mate connections and fairy tale happy ending love on Temptation Island.

I would be surprised if Rick really did decide in the end to try to work things out with Ashley.  She just doesn't seem that great to me, personality-wise.  If you take away all her stuff with KB, I'm not seeing much about her that's interesting or fun or extraordinarily attractive. I laughed when Chris said he was excited to go on the date, not because it was with Ashley, it could have been with a muskrat or a meerkat, he just wanted to go on a date.  Ha!!!!  Rick, none of the men want your girl, don't worry.   But I also don't necessarily like Medinah for Rick, because I really think she's just trying to be Morgan 2.0 for screen time.  She probably likes him ok, but he's staying closed off to the point that she's having to pretty much throw herself on him, and her ego does not like that.

Sounds like David has decided he's definitely done with his relationship with Kate, from what he said tonight.  I think he's putting all his eggs in that blonde's basket now because she's not going to have sex with him if he keeps having threesomes practically right in front of her.  So now he's "emotionally connected" to her, yeah right.  I don't think Kate is going to find her next love on Temptation Island, but at least now she can get rid of David and not look back.

Esonica and Gavin really do love each other, I hope they can stick this out and be stronger afterward.   

Mark's teeth continue to freak me out.  I hope during the break before Season 3 he can get them dialed back a bit.  Sand them down some,  and maybe lower the wattage

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Irritable said:

I hope Peyton really did leave.  I can't bear to see her "I'm a fun girl" wink one more time, or adjust those glasses that probably don't even have prescription lenses. Why she is acting so betrayed by Casey is beyond me.  He knows she was in a threesome with David, that dropped her chances with him down to zero and they already weren't very high.  I will say that I can't understand when he was talking to her out in the driveway why in the world he said that if Ashley broke up with him he would be ok and just go back to having fun and doing whatever he wanted.  Clearly from his reaction to her kissing another guy that was not true at all, and it makes no sense that he said it to Peyton of all people, when he had no intention of furthering things with her.  But still, she's playing this up too hard like she was done wrong, and knows enough about Casey to give Ashley the advice to move on.  Stay in your lane, Peyton! You're the winking, lap dancing, threesoming party girl - that's how YOU chose to be portrayed on this show - so you don't get to also act like you were the girl who earnestly came looking for deep soul mate connections and fairy tale happy ending love on Temptation Island.

I would be surprised if Rick really did decide in the end to try to work things out with Ashley.  She just doesn't seem that great to me, personality-wise.  If you take away all her stuff with KB, I'm not seeing much about her that's interesting or fun or extraordinarily attractive. I laughed when Chris said he was excited to go on the date, not because it was with Ashley, it could have been with a muskrat or a meerkat, he just wanted to go on a date.  Ha!!!!  Rick, none of the men want your girl, don't worry.   But I also don't necessarily like Medinah for Rick, because I really think she's just trying to be Morgan 2.0 for screen time.  She probably likes him ok, but he's staying closed off to the point that she's having to pretty much throw herself on him, and her ego does not like that.

Sounds like David has decided he's definitely done with his relationship with Kate, from what he said tonight.  I think he's putting all his eggs in that blonde's basket now because she's not going to have sex with him if he keeps having threesomes practically right in front of her.  So now he's "emotionally connected" to her, yeah right.  I don't think Kate is going to find her next love on Temptation Island, but at least now she can get rid of David and not look back.

Esonica and Gavin really do love each other, I hope they can stick this out and be stronger afterward.   

Mark's teeth continue to freak me out.  I hope during the break before Season 3 he can get them dialed back a bit.  Sand them down some,  and maybe lower the wattage

I agree about Rick and Ashley...she seems like a total dud of a personality.  Although I appreciate the crazy she gave us in the first few episodes.  It seems like the women there don't even really like her that much?  

• Love 1
On 11/10/2019 at 7:58 AM, JenE4 said:

Temptresses such as Medina and Payton are acting ridiculous being all needy already begging for a relationship. If their girlfriends have to go on this show in an attempt to get them to commit, why the hell do you think they’re going to marry you after knowing you for 3 days?!? 
I was really clutching my pearls over Payton getting in bed with Samantha and David after she was just crying over Casey not “committing” immediately—and then still runs back to Casey the next day pretending like nothing happened. Casey has no idea, right? That guy is such a jerk that I hope he does end up falling for Payton then gets his heart broken twice when he finds out that both Payton and hopefully Ashley “cheated” on him.

Also, the blonde woman that David has suddenly decided to wife up out of nowhere - does SHE know about the threesome?  If she does, then she has a really whatever attitude about it.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Irritable said:

I hope Peyton really did leave.  I can't bear to see her "I'm a fun girl" wink one more time, or adjust those glasses that probably don't even have prescription lenses. Why she is acting so betrayed by Casey is beyond me.  He knows she was in a threesome with David, that dropped her chances with him down to zero and they already weren't very high.  I will say that I can't understand when he was talking to her out in the driveway why in the world he said that if Ashley broke up with him he would be ok and just go back to having fun and doing whatever he wanted.  Clearly from his reaction to her kissing another guy that was not true at all, and it makes no sense that he said it to Peyton of all people, when he had no intention of furthering things with her. 

I guess Casey's realizing he's been taking Ashley for granted?

Medinah makes me really uncomfortable.  She's like a weird predator.  At least Peyton does not force herself on Casey.  She just cries and runs away.  That's fine.  That's legal.  

15 hours ago, Irritable said:

Right, it's pretty clear that David is one of those guys who has sex with someone and immediately becomes disinterested.  The clock is running out on the new blonde.

I like that the four guys have the decency to act upset when one of their castmates is cheated on.  It's visceral and sweet.  I really do like Rick's personality, and Gavin seems ok.  I have no idea how Casey could be so confused.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
On 10/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, nlkm9 said:

those guys couldnt wait to go and all the girls were crying

Ha!  Some things never change - sounds exactly the like men I chased after in my teens and early 20's...and exactly what I did, in their wake.  And that was 40 years ago. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

To answer the threesome questions in this thread, yes, everyone in the guy's villa knows about David's threesome.  Toneata definitely knows and her response was something like "i'm just going to sit back and see how David plays this going forward".  So, it looked like she was a little disgusted by it but wanted to see how David continued to act.  However, David basically apologized to Toneata about it and she instantly accepted it.  Also, Casie has to know that Payton was involved in the threesome as well.

Kate & David- Can someone please slap David hard.  He tries to come off that he really cares about Kate but then we have the threesome thing and then he's all up on Toneata and grabbing her butt and bringing her into his bedroom, i mean, just total moron here.  Really hope Kate can mentally move on from this for her sake and really hope that when she sends a video, it just says "we're done, goodbye".  And I think it was Mark that called out David for being a hypocrite when he's like "i don't like what i'm seeing".

Ashley G & Rick- I think the Medinah needs to calm down.  Rick clearly can be private with his feelings and she's acting like her and Rick have been together for years.  Listen, if he doesn't want to talk, then you need to back off and just tell him that you'll be there for him if or whenever he wants to talk.  But instead, you keep pushing and pushing, that doesn't appear to be how he likes to operate.  As for Ashley, other than the preview for next week, I don't think I recall too much about her.

Esonica & Gavin- Pretty much the same with these two,  Not really much happening here.

Ashley H & Casie-  I'll start with Payton.  She needs to turn it down a notch.  Casie hasn't done anything with you but you act like he's told you that you're both getting married as soon as they leave the island.  We need some eliminations and she needs to be sent out.  As for Ashley, before she even said it, I kind of figured that she didn't have sex with Ben.  But still, at least she knew that she broke one of their rules and that Casie was going to see the clips of her hooking up.  Sadly, it's probably the thing that Casie needs to see because as someone else put it here, it very much comes off like he just takes her for granted.  Looking forward to his extended reaction next week.  Although, a slight concern that he's going to go and start hooking up with someone out of retaliation.

Also, props to Samantha for bashing David and calling him out in front of other people in the house.  

Next week looks interesting as we should get more of Casie's reaction and an interesting "conversation" between KB and Ashley.

• Love 5
On 11/15/2019 at 4:17 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Also, the blonde woman that David has suddenly decided to wife up out of nowhere - does SHE know about the threesome?  If she does, then she has a really whatever attitude about it.

Yes she knows about the threesome...but she wants to be on TV as much as possible so she acted like it was no big deal and David would grow from the experience! 🙄

Edited by jenifaohjenny
typo
  • Love 6

I just binged this season last week and I'm pretty excited to be caught up. I watched this show when it was on Fox in the early 00's and I remember it being really controversial but by today's standards it seems pretty normal, lol!

A lot less dry humping this week and a lot more introspection. Good for them.

I usually don't like seeing people upset but it was fun to see Casey cry. He was so arrogant coming in. Hopefully he can take this newfound knowledge to his next relationship because it looks like the current one is done.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Whew - this episode really brought it!

I don't much care for Casey, but seeing him in such terrible pain was tough. I don't like anyone to hurt so much emotionally that it even hurts physically.  But clearly he needed this wake up call, and I sort of hope it's not too late to keep Ashley.  She's super taken with Ben, though, and once you have found the first guy who makes your loins flame up from just kissing?  You only want more and more of that.  Everything else turns into just a blurry pile of whatever for a while, including hearing things like, "I love you, I want to marry you, I want to have a family with you, I'm so sorry I made you feel like you had the problem when it was me the whole time". That's nice and all, but where is Ben and those magic lips of his?

When David said they needed to send one of the women home so that they could focus on "the women who actually matter", I yelled, "Oh, you ASSHOLE!" and scared the cat in my lap. His tears made me laugh, what a complete dick this guy is.  And his deep connection with Toneata wherein they can discuss things like weather and salads, doesn't seem that amazing.  I think it's her amazing body that he's deeply connected to. Her face is so weird and lifeless to me, like a doll that's not particularly pretty but is at least symmetrical.

What I did love was that Kate didn't flinch or cry at the last bonfire (I almost typed tribal council).  So happy for her that she is going to be able to dump David calmly and move on with her head held high. Maybe he will choose Toneata and she won't actually get to dump him, but it seems like no matter which way things go, she will be fine, and I did not think that about her at the beginning of the season.  I actually thought she was going to come unglued more and more each week, and am glad the opposite has happened.

I guess I'm not sure why Esonica seems so cold about Gavin now.  And I'm not sure why Ashley G's message to Rick was so distant and aloof, either.  Maybe her pride won't let her say too much in case he has already decided to dump her, but if she really still wants a chance, that would have been the time to leave a warm message that shows him she's still in it and has learned a lot from her mistakes on the island.  

I'm glad KB is gone.  Their fight was mean and gross, and I am not on either one's side, but Ashley G. definitely got the last laugh there.  Funny how Deac seemed so great in the first episodes and then once he showed his true colors, I was glad to see him go, too. I wonder why Casey didn't choose to get rid of Payton?

Every time I start to get excited that Rick has finally had enough of Medinah and is about to tell her he doesn't want her around him anymore, he suddenly seems to like her even more.  It's like a weird, choppy edit.  He was absolutely correct in everything he was yelling at her, she's a self-centered, needy, aggressive, annoying gnat.  I was cheering him on, and then the next thing I know he's telling her he wants to make love to her, not just fuck her.  What the what???? How did that happen? 

• Love 13

I got 'nice guy' vibes from Deac when Ashley didn't give him more attention for the flowers. Didn't realize she owed you for that. I'm happy that she was able to make the decision to let him go. Same with KB. Glad to see him gone, especially after the things he said the night before.

Absolutely loved Kate's message to what's his name (sorry, I have a TBI and have trouble remembering names and stuff even though I just watched the episode haha) I actually did a slow clap when it was done. 

I'm liking Rick more each week. 

It's a real shame that so many people in relationships don't even give a thought to what's best for BOTH of you instead of what's best for ME. On the other hand, it gives us shows like this, so I can't complain.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, toomuchtv47 said:

I got 'nice guy' vibes from Deac when Ashley didn't give him more attention for the flowers. Didn't realize she owed you for that. I'm happy that she was able to make the decision to let him go. Same with KB. Glad to see him gone, especially after the things he said the night before.

Absolutely loved Kate's message to what's his name (sorry, I have a TBI and have trouble remembering names and stuff even though I just watched the episode haha) I actually did a slow clap when it was done. 

I'm liking Rick more each week. 

It's a real shame that so many people in relationships don't even give a thought to what's best for BOTH of you instead of what's best for ME. On the other hand, it gives us shows like this, so I can't complain.

The only one I really respect is Kate......she seems to be the one who is dignified, resolute, etc. I do like Esonica, but the 2 Ashleys dont fool me, they like having a man and they will not "go off on their own" but awesome message Ashley sent to Casey. Casey is SUCH a jerk. UGH.

• Love 4