Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

(edited)

How to Get Cast in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
BY KEVIN REDDING , ANNA PAPACHRISTOS | LAST UPDATED: MAY 4, 2022
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/how-to-get-cast-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-74103/

If you’re ready to use your acting superpowers for the greater good, check out this in-depth guide for getting cast in the MCU. We’ll walk you through the process, let you know which projects are currently casting, and share audition tips from Marvel casting professionals and stars alike. Actors, assemble!

Who are the top Marvel casting directors?
Which Marvel projects are currently casting?
How does the Marvel casting process work?
How can actors audition for a role in the MCU?
What are the best audition tips for landing a role in the MCU?

Edited by tv echo
19 hours ago, Raja said:

The Dr. Strange reviewers seem to agree that we need to know what went on in WandaVision before seeing the movie for a better experience. So even those without Disney+ should spoil themselves on the miniseries first.

Do they say you need to have seen the first Dr. Strange movie? Because I really have no interest in the character but I like Wanda a lot and want to watch the sequel for her.

11 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

Do they say you need to have seen the first Dr. Strange movie? Because I really have no interest in the character but I like Wanda a lot and want to watch the sequel for her.

At least one guy went in assuming that everybody was a MCU fan and will do a refresher on Dr Strange, Infinity War, and Endgame as well as already seeing Spider-Man before going to see Multiverse of Madness. The question then being does one "need" to see Marvel TV. With the big question did you need to see Disney+ shows anymore or less than the Netflix shows or ABC's Agents series during the Infinity Saga.

Just reading behind the spoiler free lines they are giving I think that knowing what happened in WandaVision, if just reading the wiki plot synopsis about it or seeing a spoiler review of the show is more important than seeing Agent Carter to meet Jarvis before Endgame or watching Agents of  S.H.I.E.L.D.  to get at least someone's speculation on just where did that helicarrier and crew in Age of Ultron come from with S.H.I.E.L.D. gone

16 minutes ago, swanpride said:

,,,isn't it more that you always get more out of the movies if you get the references, but you don't strictly need them to get what is going on. 

And they seem to be hinting that knowing more about Wanda than she lost her husband in Infinity War is worth the time

21 minutes ago, Raja said:

And they seem to be hinting that knowing more about Wanda than she lost her husband in Infinity War is worth the time

They weren’t married then, were they? 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

They weren’t married then, were they? 

Well I guess nobody had the jurisdiction to declare Vision a human and he brought no assets into a family, so no state involvement. But they considered themselves as spouses.

I think having more than a peripheral knowledge of WANDAVISION is helpful for Doctor Strange ITMOM. Yes, they explain some things but I think it's weightier knowing the events of the show.

(edited)
27 minutes ago, AngieBee1 said:

I think having more than a peripheral knowledge of WANDAVISION is helpful for Doctor Strange ITMOM. Yes, they explain some things but I think it's weightier knowing the events of the show.

There does seem to be a larger emphasis on Wanda during the last minute TV advertising blitz than on the trailers .

Edited by Raja

I guess the early night before shows in the US are about to start I guess it is time to Marvel blackout for the spoiler adverse. The YouTube guys thumbnails are already hinting at stuff as their spoiler reviews are fighting for clicks from being out first.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

But they considered themselves as spouses.

Did they?  Honest question, I’m not trying to be snarky.  It’s been a long time since I watched Infinity War, and while I remember they were secretly meeting, I didn’t remember it getting to the stage of them discussing marriage.  But maybe so - like I said, it’s been a few years.  Obviously they were in love, and Vision at least was thinking of a future for them for him to have bought the property in WandaVision.  I just didn’t remember them having talked about it in Infinity War.

3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Did they?  Honest question, I’m not trying to be snarky.  It’s been a long time since I watched Infinity War, and while I remember they were secretly meeting, I didn’t remember it getting to the stage of them discussing marriage.  But maybe so - like I said, it’s been a few years.  Obviously they were in love, and Vision at least was thinking of a future for them for him to have bought the property in WandaVision.  I just didn’t remember them having talked about it in Infinity War.

I don’t think that they did. I seemed like they were going to have that conversation in Infinity War but it ended when they were attacked. Wanda probably sees him that way after WandaVision but with the real Vision she hadn’t reached that step yet. 

They were discussing that "this works" just before the attack, hence I guess they were discussing to make the arrangement permanent, which is basically the definition of a marriage, to stay together permanently. 

• Love 2
On 5/5/2022 at 2:26 PM, Raja said:

Well I guess nobody had the jurisdiction to declare Vision a human and he brought no assets into a family, so no state involvement. But they considered themselves as spouses.

I don't think that's true as far as Infinity War, they were a couple who met up for trysts every once in awhile but, they weren't married. Going by the scene in Edinburgh they were just having the discussion of making their relationship permanent/serious.

• Love 2
(edited)

In this interview, Michael Waldron revealed that Marvel has "other plans" for Namor, but declined to answer a question about the future of John Krasinski's

Spoiler

Reed Richards

‘Doctor Strange 2’ Screenwriter Defends Wanda’s Evolution, Talks Cameos and His ‘Star Wars’ Script
By Adam B. Vary    May 10, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/doctor-strange-2-spoilers-scarlet-witch-cameos-1235263318/ 

Was Namor ever a possibility?
[We] talked about him, because he’s certainly an original member of the Illuminati. But I think Marvel has other plans for him in the MCU. And so he didn’t make his way in this particular movie.

I’m sure you’re aware that fans have been clamoring for John Krasinski to play Reed Richards.

Spoiler

How involved were you in casting him in that part?
I’m not involved in the casting, but as with all of these performers, I worked really closely with him in bringing that character to life with him and Sam. And especially on that one, because that was the one character that had no real precedent ever in the MCU, at least. Figuring out how we want this guy to be — that was a lot of fun. That particular character is certainly one of my favorite comic book characters.

Do you expect Krasinski will return for the “Fantastic Four” movie?
It’s a question for somebody else.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

How ‘Loki’ Led Us to the ‘Multiverse of Madness’
BY CHRISTINE DINH   MAY 12, 2022
https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/loki-led-us-to-doctor-strange-multiverse-of-madness

The question on everyone’s mind going into the film: Who Really Broke The Multiverse?
However, as revealed at the Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness World Premiere Red Carpet, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige shared it was events earlier than No Way Home that brought us to the current state of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “There’s always a method to the madness even in the Multiverse,” promised Feige. “The Marvel.com fans know that Loki and Sylvie did something at the end of [Loki] that sort of allowed all of this to be possible. He Who Remains is gone, and that allowed a spell to go wrong in Spider-Man: No Way Home, which leads to the entire Multiverse going quite mad in this film.”

Speaking to Marvel.com, producer Richie Palmer elaborated even further for us. “If the events of Loki never took place, if Sylvie didn’t do what she did, this movie and the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home wouldn’t have been able to happen,” explained Palmer. “It was the activation of the Multiverse, or maybe the reactivation of the Multiverse at the end of Loki that really led to the possibilities that you see in What If…?, Spider-Man: No Way Home, and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.”

“At that moment, the Multiverse expanded indefinitely forward into the future, back into the past, sideways, left and right, to alternate realities we can’t even comprehend,” continued Palmer. “If it wasn’t for Sylvie, we wouldn’t be here right now.”
Does that mean that Strange and Peter are completely blameless? No, not really.

“What Kevin was referring to about that spell at the end of Spider-Man is if that spell had just gone the way that Doctor Strange thought it would, even if Peter Parker messed it up so horribly like he did, it really still would have only affected people within our Universe,” added Palmer. “Doctor Strange wasn’t considering that he had to, in doing that spell and setting it up, worry about all the infinite other universes out there that are filled with people that know who Spider-Man is. That shouldn’t have been a factor. That was something that’s not known to Strange and Wong at that point that they have to be factoring in all these alternate realities in the Multiverse.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

How Kevin Feige Secretly Tells Marvel Directors a Scene Is Bad
By Savannah Sanders   May 14, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-kevin-feige-directors-scene 

In a discussion on the Empire Podcast about Kevin Feige, Marvel director Joe Russo had nothing but praise for the studio president when describing his "sensibility for commercial material" and deep understanding of how scenes resonate with audiences. Russo explained how Feige's subtle movements during test screenings are "a great litmus test" for whether a scene will connect with audiences (leaning forward = good reaction, backwards = bad):

“Yeah, he’s amazing. His brain is amazing. His sensibility for commercial material is incredible. Anth[ony Russo] and I learned early on that… so you do a screening with Kevin, he would sit and watch his director’s cut with you. And if you look over at him and he’s leaning forward, you know the movie’s gonna work. And when he’s leaning backwards, you know… Just from a test audience standpoint, he can sense exactly where that movie isn’t gonna connect with an audience. And it’s innate. It’s inside of him, ’cause he loves storytelling so much. And that was always a great litmus test for us ’cause we’d kind of side-eyed Kevin just to see if he was leaning backwards or forwards while he’s watching the film."
"Feige is a genius. Had watched the paintball episodes of Community. Community was just an exercise in genre. That’s what it was, right?… Every week became a different exercise in filmmaking [through genre]. Feige loved that. He watched those paintball episodes and thought, ‘Those guys understand action storytelling, but I love that they can do humor too,’ and that’s the secret sauce at Marvel, right? It has humor, and heart, and emotion, and spectacle. But it has humor. You’re hard-pressed to find a Marvel movie that doesn’t have humor in it somewhere."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Where Is the Marvel Cinematic Universe Going? Only Kevin Feige Knows For Sure
By Adam B. Vary    May 15, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/marvel-studios-phase-four-doctor-strange-wandavision-young-avengers-1235267241/ 

SPOILER ALERT: This story discusses the endings of several titles released by Marvel Studios in 2021 and 2022, from “WandaVision” through “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.”
But while Marvel has dramatically increased its output for Phase Four, releasing 11 Disney+ series and theatrical features in a little less than 18 months, that sense of a larger cohesive narrative woven through each title has been missing. Instead of the incremental escalation of the Infinity Saga, there is no sense yet of where Phase Four is heading — if, indeed, it is heading in any single direction.

To be sure, the multiverse has played a critical role in several Phase Four titles, starting with the Disney+ series “Loki,” which concluded with a single timeline fracturing into an infinite number of alternate realities. That immediately fed into the animated Disney+ series “What If…?” as well as set the stage for the multiversal mayhem in the features “Spider-Man: No Way Home” and “Multiverse of Madness.”

So far, that’s all its been: Highly entertaining mayhem. ....

Instead, the MCU has conjured up 10 separate narrative threads with no clear relationship to each other, only two of which have thus far perpetuated through other titles. The first: Wanda’s aforementioned journey between “WandaVision” and “Multiverse of Madness.” The second: Yelena Belova (Florence Pugh) getting marching orders at the end of “Black Widow” to kill Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner), which she abandons over the course of “Hawkeye” as she and Clint share their grief over the death of Natasha Romanoff.

As for the rest? (Deep breath!)

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” ends with several antagonists — Wyatt Russell’s John Walker, Emily VanCamp’s Sharon Carter and Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ Valentina Allegra de Fontaine — still alive and vaguely ensconced within the U.S. government with no obvious purpose beyond free-floating malfeasance. Valentina is the one who gives Yelena the order to kill Clint in “Black Widow,” but we still don’t know who Valentina is working for, or what she means to accomplish.

Loki” ends with the emergence, off-screen, of Kang the Conqueror (Jonathan Majors), a figure with Thanos-sized ambitions to rule as much of the multiverse as he can. But we won’t meet him until “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania,” which is currently set to open in Feb. 2023. (The death of Kang’s variant, He Who Remains, is what causes the multiverse to spring forth in the first place.)

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” ends with Wong (Benedict Wong) telling Shang-Chi (Simu Liu) that those titular rings are alien and even more ancient than he’s known — and, what’s more, they are calling out to… something… in the cosmos.

Eternals” ends with a god-like Celestial turning to stone in the Indian Ocean, which causes another Celestial, Arishem (David Kaye), to appear just outside of the Earth and announce that he’s placed the entire planet on trial for its very existence. Does anyone on Earth other than the Eternals know about this trial? Are any of the Avengers curious about the massive stone figure that’s abruptly popped out of the sea? Unclear! (Oh, and Harry Styles — Harry Styles! — materializes as Thanos’ hot brother, Starfox.)

Hawkeye” ends with the reappearance of Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin (Vincent D’Onofrio), the lead villain of Netflix’s Marvel series “Daredevil.” Fisk has a long history with Maya Lopez (Alaqua Cox), who is getting her own Disney+ spinoff series, “Echo,” but we don’t know yet if Fisk will appear on that show, let alone Daredevil (Charlie Cox), who showed up for a fun scene in “No Way Home.” Will any of that interrelate with any other MCU titles? Maybe. Maybe not.

Spider-Man: No Way Home” ends with Strange erasing all memory of Tom Holland’s Peter Parker from the multiverse but not memory of Spider-Man, as Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) shows up inside the MCU just long enough to leave behind a drop of Venom’s alien symbiote goo.

Moon Knight,” the most recent Disney+ series, ends with no clear tie to the MCU whatsoever beyond a passing reference in Episode 3 to Madripoor, the thieves city introduced in “Falcon and Winter Soldier.” In fact, the show even suggests that Oscar Isaac’s title superhero could actually be a concoction of his own fractured mind. Probably not? Reply hazy, ask again later.

Multiverse of Madness” ends with Clea, a character we’ve never met before played by Charlize Theron — Charlize Theron! — appearing before Strange on a New York City street, tearing open a portal to the Dark Dimension, and convincing him to join her in diving inside it.

And then there are the rest of the MCU titles due this year and next — “Ms. Marvel” and “Thor: Love & Thunder” first among them in June and July — which could introduce even more new dangling plot threads into Phase Four. ....
Marvel Studios, however, has yet to announce an “Avengers” movie. The only person who knows for certain if or when that would happen is Marvel’s chief creative officer Kevin Feige. But if past precedent is any indication, the earliest one could arrive would be the Marvel film dated for May 3, 2024, which will likely be announced during San Diego Comic-Con in July or the D23 Expo in September.

There is one conceivable thread, though, that could draw together all of Phase Four: The Young Avengers. Keen MCU observers have noticed that several youthful superheroes — or characters who become superheroes in the Marvel comics — have been introduced over the last year and a half, including America Chavez (Xochitl Gomez) in “Multiverse of Madness,” Kate Bishop (Hailee Steinfeld) in “Hawkeye,” Kid Loki (Jack Veal) in “Loki,” Eli Bradley (Elijah Richardson) in “Falcon and Winter Soldier,” Billy Maximoff (Julian Hilliard) and Tommy Maximoff (Jett Klyne) in “WandaVision,” and, next year, Cassie Lang (Kathryn Newton) in “Quantumania.”
So that is one possibility for where Phase Four is heading. It still doesn’t account for what’s going on with Arishem’s trial, Valentina’s scheming, Shang-Chi’s rings, Venom’s goo, Kingpin’s machinations or Clea’s Dark Dimension. But perhaps Feige knows that he needs Marvel’s youth to build the MCU’s future.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Kevin Feige Wows Advertisers at Disney Upfront With Big Teases for Marvel’s Disney+ Projects
By Jennifer Maas   May 17, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/kevin-feige-marvel-disney-upfront-presentation-1235270016/ 

Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige came out to excite the crowd at Disney’s Tuesday upfront presentation to advertisers in New York City.

Among the MCU treats Feige brought were the trailer and premiere date for Tatiana Maslany’s “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law” and revealing that “Loki” Season 2 will be going into production in the coming weeks, with its entire cast returning. Feige didn’t do it all alone, welcoming both Nick Fury himself, Samuel L. Jackson, on stage to tease “Secret Invasion” and Maslany out to introduce the “She-Hulk” promo.
“Being part of a company like Disney provides so many incredible opportunities for customers,” Feige told the crowd. “And since the launch of Disney+ in late 2019, our team has been able to extend and expand our storytelling in a whole new way. When we were first asked to start working on programming for Disney+, we knew we wanted to weave together storylines between the films and our series that are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or the MCU, as a whole. From the six series we’ve watched so far, we’ve introduced fantastic new characters, but we’ve also been able to dive deeper into the lives of the backstories of some of the MCU’s favorite superheroes.”

Feige noted that Marvel is “now finally seeing the results of this interconnectivity between Disney+ and the feature films” with the May 6 theatrical release of “Doctor Strange in thee Multiverse of Madness” coming after last year’s “WandaVision,” which both feature Elizabeth Olsen’s Scarlet Witch.

Disney Showcases Marvel-ous Disney+ Offering at In-Person Upfront
By Bill Bradley    May 18, 2022
https://www.adweek.com/convergent-tv/disney-showcases-marvel-ous-disney-offering-at-in-person-upfront/ 

Feige also told marketers that the MCU’s interconnected stories are working on Disney+.

Thus far, Marvel has released six shows on Disney+—and the interconnectivity between the series and the Marvel movies is increasing viewership on the platform. According to Feige, leading up to the release of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness on May 6, viewership hours for the first Doctor Strange film and related MCU shows, which includes series such as WandaVision, tripled on Disney+.

Feige said that interconnectivity will only continue with the launch of Ms. Marvel on June 8, as Iman Vellani’s Kamala Khan will also appear in the Captain Marvel movie sequel The Marvels, due out in 2023.

Edited by tv echo

I hope that bringing back the Netflix Daredevil and Kingpin means we’ll at least get Foggy and Karen too.  But they might as well acknowledge all of it- I’m only about halfway through the various shows, but the best part of them has been the casting/performances.  Mike Colter and Krysten Ritter have been great as Luke and Jessica- and Jon Bernthal has done the impossible in making me actually care about the Punisher.  And- granted I haven’t got to Iron Fist S2 yet- but when they just go with what a weirdo he is, Finn Jones isn’t terrible as Danny.  If nothing else, we got Colleen Wing out of the deal.  Beyond the heroes, you’ve also got Claire, Jeri, Malcolm, Gao, Misty…. deep benches on these shows.

• Love 5

Mixed blessings. Charlie Cox and Krysten Ritter were great but I found Mike Colter boring as fuck and Finn Jones unwatchable to the point I only got through about three episodes of his show.

I also thoroughly disliked season two of Jessica Jones to the point I didn't even watch season three. That was a shame, because season one was amazing.

Of all those shows, the only one I'd be excited to see return would be Daredevil (I'd say Punisher too, but I'm sure Marvel will continue the creepy, 'heal the psychopathic killer with your love' trope that he had going with Karen Page). 

• Love 1
(edited)

The Hollywood Reporter is describing it as a "new but continued series"...

‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works at Marvel
BY BORYS KIT     MAY 19, 2022 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/daredevil-disney-series-in-the-works-at-marvel-1235150713/ 

Matt Corman and Chris Ord have been tapped to write and exec produce a series that will be notable for being the first of the Netflix Marvel shows to get a new but continued series, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

RDJ provided vocal talent for the first promo below, while Tom Holland and Brie Larsen appear in the second promo below...

Avengers Campus Paris Opening Date | Disneyland Paris
Marvel Entertainment   May 24, 2022

Sneak preview of Marvel Avengers Campus, opening 20 July 2022
Disneyland Paris   May 24, 2022

Edited by tv echo

Marvel Director: Disney’s Treatment of Scarlett Johansson Was ‘Disturbing’
By David Crow   May 23, 2022
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/marvel-director-disney-treatment-scarlett-johansson-disturbing/ 

The lawsuit was eventually settled out of court but not before things got ugly in the press with a Disney spokesperson stating Johansson had a “callous disregard” for public health due to the COVID-19 pandemic. And while matters might be settled now, other Hollywood talent was aggravated then, including Johansson’s frequent Marvel directors, Joe and Anthony Russo. That was at least the rumor when the Wall Street Journal published without cited sources that the Russos were so upset by Disney’s treatment of Johansson that they came to an “impasse” while reportedly negotiating a return to Marvel.

Eight months later, the Russo Brothers are now about to release their latest film, a spy action epic for Netflix called The Gray Man, and while sitting down to discuss the project with Den of Geek, Joe Russo went on record about his thoughts on Disney’s treatment of Johansson and what lessons can be learned from it.

“We’re certainly concerned with the trend in the market that’s moving away from artists,” Russo says. “There’s been a lot of value in tech companies getting involved in making content, but there’s also some downsides to that. And those downsides include tech companies like Netflix and Apple and Amazon having much deeper pockets than studios do, and they can pay more and that’s starting to scare the studios.”

It is this fear that Russo considers a driving motivation for studios to misunderstand or devalue creative talent.

Says Russo, “So the studios are having a conservative reaction, and they’re trying to downplay their need for stars. They’re trying to force IP to be their star, and in accordance with that they’re also then trying to underpay and diminish the need for stars on their projects.”

He goes on to add, “That was really not an appropriate way for them to handle that situation. It was disturbing to us as artists. Scarlett is a good friend of ours, and we were disheartened by how it was handled. We’re glad it’s resolved.”

Russo declines to comment on whether they were actively in discussions about returning to Marvel Studios at that time, but as he also points out he and his brother have been incredibly busy setting up their own production company at AGBO that in addition to producing their own movies is also spending on smaller independent passion projects, such as the indie hit of this spring, the Daniels’ Everything Everywhere All at Once.
It is perhaps success stories like that which also gives Russo the confidence to foresee a future for moviemaking that doesn’t look quite as franchise-driven as some might expect.

“I think we will start trending back towards original IP,” Russo says. “I think it’s a great opportunity… I think that original IP will start to emerge in this market as corporations become more pedantic and factory-like with the execution of their current IP. I just think people are going to crave new ideas.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

MCU Producer Explains Why Phase 4 Has More Cliffhangers
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal May 25, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-phase-4-cliffhangers

During Moon Knight’s Assembled episode on Disney+, Marvel Studios' Head of Streaming, Television and Animation, Brad Winderbaum, addressed how Phase 4 projects within the Marvel Cinematic Universe have had more cliffhangers thanks to Disney+ allowing for "longer-form stories" that don't have "to tie up every loose end." The studio is becoming more comfortable giving characters like Moon Knight and Scarlet Scarab unresolved endings knowing that there is now more certainty that they'll return in a future season or project:

“There are new challenges and new rewards that come with making longer-form stories. We’re keeping the endings more open now, I think. We don’t have to tie up every loose end. And when you create characters as strong as Moon Knight and Scarlet Scarab, we can confidently go into the future knowing that there’s more stories left to tell and new characters that we can bring in to tell them.”

On 5/20/2022 at 1:10 AM, Danny Franks said:

Mixed blessings. Charlie Cox and Krysten Ritter were great but I found Mike Colter boring as fuck and Finn Jones unwatchable to the point I only got through about three episodes of his show.

I also thoroughly disliked season two of Jessica Jones to the point I didn't even watch season three. That was a shame, because season one was amazing.

Season 1 of Jessica Jones was great, season 2 wasn't very good but season 3 was so much worse. I would be totally good with them bringing back Ritter as Jessica Jones and doing the comic thing where she never mentions anything that happened on Netflix (but nothing she does contradicts what happened) and none of the other characters follow her. Especially no Patsy Walker since the Netflix show completely destroyed that character.

As for the rest of the Netflix show bring Karen and Foggy with Daredevil. The rest of it can go hang out with the Inhumans and never be spoken of again.

• Love 1

I'm not able to see Dr. Strange 2 until it's on streaming, but I know Ms. Marvel is introduced there. Without any spoilers or reasons, should I hold off watching that show until I see Dr. Strange 2? 

1 hour ago, Ailianna said:

I'm not able to see Dr. Strange 2 until it's on streaming, but I know Ms. Marvel is introduced there. Without any spoilers or reasons, should I hold off watching that show until I see Dr. Strange 2? 

Ms. Marvel is not introduced in Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness. American Chavez as a character of the same generation is.

23 minutes ago, Raja said:

Ms. Marvel is not introduced in Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness. American Chavez as a character of the same generation is.

Thank you! I'm glad to have this cleared up.  I really want to see Dr. Strange 2 but I'm trying to be patient. You've really helped if I have other things to be distracted by in the meanwhile.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:10 PM, Danny Franks said:

Using some of the Netflix actors doesn’t mean that they need to use them all. I would be surprised if they establish the Netflix shows as part of the MCU. I can’t see any reason they would lock themselves into that backstory when the multiverse gives them option to tell whatever version they want. 

2 hours ago, Dani said:

Using some of the Netflix actors doesn’t mean that they need to use them all. I would be surprised if they establish the Netflix shows as part of the MCU. I can’t see any reason they would lock themselves into that backstory when the multiverse gives them option to tell whatever version they want. 

Going by Hawkeye I'm thinking same actor but different version...no way Netflix Kingpin wears a Hawaiian Shirt 😃

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Going by Hawkeye I'm thinking same actor but different version...no way Netflix Kingpin wears a Hawaiian Shirt 😃

It wasn't the shirt but Kingpin surviving so much damage from the car to explosions that he should have never lost to Daredevil to end that series

• Love 2

I would have all of the Netflix shows as an alternate universe, that way they can pick and choose which actors they want to use like with Charlie Cox. Some of the others may not even want to do another show. They could use someone different just like the different universes had different Peter Parkers.

Personally, I liked all the actors from the Netflix shows, even Finn Jones. I think he came into his own in the 2nd season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, festivus said:

I would have all of the Netflix shows as an alternate universe, that way they can pick and choose which actors they want to use like with Charlie Cox. Some of the others may not even want to do another show. They could use someone different just like the different universes had different Peter Parkers.

Personally, I liked all the actors from the Netflix shows, even Finn Jones. I think he came into his own in the 2nd season.

I think I would rather just go the ignore/light retcon route. Mostly because I don't want "Oh it was an alternate universe" to become an excuse whenever something that doesn't work comes out.

Plus with how awesome Shang Chi was (especially the fight scenes) I am good without seeing Iron Fist again (whether it be Finn Jones or someone else).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I think I would rather just go the ignore/light retcon route. Mostly because I don't want "Oh it was an alternate universe" to become an excuse whenever something that doesn't work comes out.

Plus with how awesome Shang Chi was (especially the fight scenes) I am good without seeing Iron Fist again (whether it be Finn Jones or someone else).

They have moved beyond it is a retcon to it is a variant of the Infinity Saga universe. So for anything the new producer wants to ditch he does so with the canon explanation that the original world of the Netflix,  ABC or Freeform, etc show was nearly the same to what Multiverse of Madness calls the 616 universe.

5 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I think I remember reading that the guy who did the first season didn't even really want to do the show. Or something like that. I don't feel like looking for it. But I imagine Iron Fist and any fight scenes would be much improved with Disney money and someone who wanted to do the show. 

That's one show I would like to stay in this universe because I liked season two and I was excited to see what would happen in season three with Colleen as Iron Fist and Danny and Ward in Asia.

I think every one of the Netflix shows got worse after the first season except for Iron Fist.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, festivus said:

I think I remember reading that the guy who did the first season didn't even really want to do the show. Or something like that. I don't feel like looking for it. But I imagine Iron Fist and any fight scenes would be much improved with Disney money and someone who wanted to do the show. 

That's one show I would like to stay in this universe because I liked season two and I was excited to see what happened in season three with Colleen as Iron Fist and Danny and Ward in Asia.

I think every one of the Netflix shows got worse after the first season except for Iron Fist.

Finn Jones was only cast a month before filming and a mixed martial arts brawler instead of an old school flamboyant martial artist did the fight choreography. 

The show runner was known for working fast and under budget and he came with the two worst products Inhumans and Iron Fist

• Useful 1

Oh yeah, I was referring to the show runner but I didn't make it clear in my post. I think Finn was fine in season two and I think it had a different show runner then. So, he wasn't the problem....

Marvel's Kevin Feige Considered Jumping Ship to DC Before Promotion
By Sam Hargrave   June 3, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/marvel-kevin-feige-dc-promotion 

In a recent column, Puck revealed that Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige considered moving to DC several years back amid frustrations with the Marvel management at the time. Among Feige's frustrations was the apparent opposition to diversity in the MCU from Marvel Entertaiment's former CEO and current chairman, Ike Perlmutter.

Feige reportedly entered serious talks with Warner Bros. in the mid-2010s due to frustrations working under Perlmutter. The studio behind DC Films has supposedly since reached out to Feige's MCU deputies such as Co-President Louis D'Esposito to help run its universe, although these attempts have proven unsuccessful thus far. 

The Marvel Studios President's talks with Warner Bros. may have been a factor in spurring the promotion he received in 2015, which saw Feige being promoted to Disney chairman Alan Horn as opposed to Perlmutter. Jeph Loeb, the former head of Marvel Television, continued to report directly to Perlmutter until the division was later merged under Feige in 2019.

In October 2019, Feige was named the Chief Creative Officer (CCO) of Marvel Entertainment, while continuing to occupy the Presidential position at Marvel Studios.

• Love 1
On 6/2/2022 at 4:28 PM, festivus said:

Oh yeah, I was referring to the show runner but I didn't make it clear in my post. I think Finn was fine in season two and I think it had a different show runner then. So, he wasn't the problem....

The explanation was that Scott Buck got selected for Inhumans and thus could not also do Iron Fist season 2 in the tight time frame . It must have happened because Iron Fist came in under budget, yet before the fans started screaming what did he do.

Finn Jones with little time to prepare came off as doing a riff of David Carradine's Caine in Kung Fu. By the end many seemed okay with his performance on Luke Cage's second season

3 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

How’s this for a compromise: all of the Netflix shows become part of the MCU- but they can only be referred to as the “incidents” going forward.

In the MCU world is of very public super hero actions only Luke Cage and Jessica Jones would really apply as known strong people. Most of the Defenders actions were secret in the shadows against The Hand. People didn't know that they were saved from "an Avengers level threat"

Okay- I didn’t want to over explain my joke, but that was kind of the idea.  Like, say Jessica and Carol finally get to be pals now- they could have a conversation like, “no way, you were a superhero before the blip?”  “Yeah- while you were off flying around the galaxy, there were, uh, incidents here that we handled.”  “What do you mean, incidents?”  “I don’t know- there was a guy with a glowy hand,  one of my exes, a parkour ninja guy…. we took on some… incidents.  Look- things got weird in New York after the Chitauri invasion, okay?”

The joke is that those shows never directly referenced things that happened in the movies- just the events of the first Avengers film, which they only called “the incident.”

• Love 2