Type keyword(s) to search

The Marvel Cinematic Universe: The Avengers, etc.

vb68
  • Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

I just hope the MCU X-films remember that while the Civil Rights issues are an important part of the X-Men, they're also superheroes who do things like date alien bird people and fight purple Superman.

And therein lies the rub. Everything seen so far in the MCU suggest that the "enhanced" or mutants with no physical deformities would be love bombed and civil rights would not be an issue. By ignoring American racism in Captain America the First Avenger that template was set.

...The First Avenger didn't "ignore" it, it just didn't delve into it. But it is acknowledged to be a thing in the interaction between the Howling commanders. Plus, that's not a reason, since Agent Carter and Black Panther both addressed the topic.

But that has always been the problem even in the Comics, it is not particularly believable that the Avengers would work for the same government which regularly go on a mutant killing spree. Hence me preferring the X-men in their own universe. Some things simply don't fit.

Well, with the notable exception of Dazzler, THAT character would fit the MCU way better. But there is no reason that she HAS to be a mutant.

2 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

I just hope the MCU X-films remember that while the Civil Rights issues are an important part of the X-Men, they're also superheroes who do things like date alien bird people and fight purple Superman.

Yes.  I want to see an X-Men in space story.  The Dark Phoenix Saga has nothing to do with Magneto or the X-Men battling for a world that fears them.  That has always been an amazing part of their story although it has never made a lick of sense in the Marvel Universe where most of the population has no problem with superpowered people.  This is one area where the X-Men being feared by humanity in the Fox movies made sense. 

Why are people going to fear them in the MCU?  Will they suddenly begin to mutate post-Blip?  That would at least make some sense, especially some of the more difficult mutations. 

7 minutes ago, benteen said:

Why are people going to fear them in the MCU?  Will they suddenly begin to mutate post-Blip?  That would at least make some sense, especially some of the more difficult mutations. 

To some extent you have a basis for this already in the MCU. You have the Sarcovia Accords which was designed to register/track/ID people with Super Powers. You have an Alien Invasion that killed 50% of the population, even if they blipped back in thanks to the Avengers, they were gone for 5 years. 

If some of those that blipped back started mutating it would be easy to make them "other" and fear/hate them. 

As for why would people fear/hate Mutants but not Fantastic Four or Avengers...honestly people are hating on each other for wearing/refusing to wear masks during a pandemic. It doesn't take much at this point.

Also, Far From Home seemed to have set J. Jonah Jameson up as some sort of Alex Jones/Glenn Beck type. So it would, IMO be easy for the MCU to get to that point.

17 minutes ago, benteen said:

The one issue with any kind of instant mutations is that Processor X's whole deal is that he has spent years and years working on his powers so that he is like the world's most powerful telepath. If the blip or something causes mutants I am not sure you can have a professor.

One nice thing about having the X-Men back is that you can bring back the Shi'ar. Operation Galactic Storm was a great crossover event and would make a great story for Avengers 5 & 6. Especially since it would hopefully fit nicely with Captain Marvel 2. Plus the Disney+ shows are adding a bunch of characters like Monica Rambeau. The nega bomb at the climax of that story could create mutants.

(edited)

Ringing in the Shi'ar would be great and would expand the MCU even more.  I would love to see the Starjammers as well, though there are a lot of similarties with the Guardians there.

Agreed that Operation Galactic Storm would be a great plot for future Avengers movies.

Edited by benteen

Wait... I apologize, but again I am confused.  How is there going to be another Avengers movie?  Half of them are gone, and most actors' contracts are up.  Are they going to be a group of new Avengers?  Is Captain Marvel going to actually care about Earth and take over Captain America's role as the de facto leader?  Will Pepper and Stark Industries still be their financial backing without Tony?  (But Gwyneth Paltrow has said she's done too, I think.)  Maybe Happy will take over...

11 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Wait... I apologize, but again I am confused.  How is there going to be another Avengers movie?  Half of them are gone, and most actors' contracts are up.  Are they going to be a group of new Avengers?  Is Captain Marvel going to actually care about Earth and take over Captain America's role as the de facto leader?  Will Pepper and Stark Industries still be their financial backing without Tony?  (But Gwyneth Paltrow has said she's done too, I think.)  Maybe Happy will take over...

Think of the Avengers like a sports team. The Lakers were worthy of movies with Magic and Kareem as well as with West and Chamberlain or Kobe and Shaq.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Hemsworth has said he is still interested in playing Thor. Hawkeye is getting his own series as is Rhodey. So they will be around. There is something like 100+ Avengers members in the comics. I don't think they will have too much of a problem coming up with new members.

As for funding, I am sure Wakanda has spare cash they could use.

48 minutes ago, benteen said:

Agreed that Operation Galactic Storm would be a great plot for future Avengers movies.

Back around 2000 I was living in Vancouver and wanted to read that story. So I went to every comic shop in the city I think (even some in some sketchy neighborhoods)  and found all the back issues. It would make a great story, especially since they have been setting up how badass the Kree are for years both in the movies and AoS. Them as the main villain or one side of an intergalactic war would totally be an Avengers level threat.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Useful 2

For one, you can always build a new Avengers team. Two, it is possible that the next "big" Avengers movie will be about the Young Avengers. We will wait and see what they have planned, but I am pretty sure that they won't just retire the Avengers name. Sooner or later the next generation will have to step up. Though, frankly, currently is the ideal time for a Young Avengers team exactly because nearly all the other Avengers are either left earth, are dead, retired or too busy dabbling in the mythical arts. The only ones left running around on earth are Ant-man, the Wasp, Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

1 hour ago, swanpride said:

For one, you can always build a new Avengers team. Two, it is possible that the next "big" Avengers movie will be about the Young Avengers. We will wait and see what they have planned, but I am pretty sure that they won't just retire the Avengers name. Sooner or later the next generation will have to step up. Though, frankly, currently is the ideal time for a Young Avengers team exactly because nearly all the other Avengers are either left earth, are dead, retired or too busy dabbling in the mythical arts. The only ones left running around on earth are Ant-man, the Wasp, Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

It was ambiguous to me (I'm sure on purpose) if Banner and Hawkeye retired.  I guess Hawkeye's show will tell us about him.  And Wanda and Dr. Strange are technically still on Earth, but maybe not in their right minds... Black Panther, War Machine, and Spiderman are around somewhere, too.

I guess - to me - an Avengers movie needs the original 6, or at least Captain America and Iron Man, to be a "true" Avengers movie.  Maybe something like "Young Avengers" or "The Next Avengers" would work better, IMO.  I think I want some separation, and then also something that tempers my expectations.  I'm not sure another group could ever be as good as the first. 

• Love 1

You still have Wanda, Vision, Hawkeye, Thor, Hulk. 3 original Avengers and 2 added after Ultron. Plus Sam is the new Captain America and War Machine was an Avenger. 

Wasp was an Avenger in the Comics, she was a leader IIRC. I don't know if Ant-Man was an Avenger. Oh and Black Panther was an Avenger in the comics, I remember that when was reading The New Warriors (the one with Jubilee as Wondra).

Plenty of characters for an Avengers movie.

Oh, we can get West Coast Avengers! 😁

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

guess - to me - an Avengers movie needs the original 6, or at least Captain America and Iron Man, to be a "true" Avengers movie.  Maybe something like "Young Avengers" or "The Next Avengers" would work better, IMO.  I think I want some separation, and then also something that tempers my expectations.  I'm not sure another group could ever be as good as the first. 

Keep in mind that back in the day Lee and Kirby changed the Avengers lineup pretty regularly. The Avengers had only been a comic for 16 issues when the team became Cap, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. There are a bunch of characters out there who would make a solid Avengers line up. In Wandavision adult Monica Rambeau was introduced and in the comics she was leader of the Avengers for awhile. 

As for young Avengers I hope they don't go there for a long time. Mostly because I find kid super heroes, especially ones who work under the supervision or approval of adult heroes super lame (spiderman being a weird exception). Unless of course they are going to take the Teen Titans Go route and make the whole movie about the ridiculous stuff that happens when they aren't fighting crime.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Nope. Just trying to get them to 12 movies for 3 full years. Right now the only movie I can find with a confirmed 2023 date is GOTG3. 

Why 12? None of the previous phases have had 12 movies. Plus phase 4 includes a lot of Disney+ shows. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

Why 12? None of the previous phases have had 12 movies. Plus phase 4 includes a lot of Disney+ shows. 

Disney generally releases 4 Marvel movies per year usually, Feb/March, May, July, November/December. Now obviously COVID has wreaked havoc with filming and release dates but, this is what's on the schedule.

2021: Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, Spider-Man No Way Home

2022 Strange 2, Thor 4, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 (obviously BP 2 might get pushed back).

2023: 4 Untitled Marvel Movies listed. Of those we know GOTG3, Ant-Man and The Wasp 3 and Blade are somewhere in the lineup. They also teased Fantastic Four which might round out the 4 movies for 2023.

I don't see any Marvel movies beyond 2023.  2024+ is only a handful of reserved dates, usually for planned trilogies (Star Wars, Avatar, etc).

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Disney generally releases 4 Marvel movies per year usually, Feb/March, May, July, November/December. Now obviously COVID has wreaked havoc with filming and release dates but, this is what's on the schedule.

2021: Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals, Spider-Man No Way Home

2022 Strange 2, Thor 4, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2 (obviously BP 2 might get pushed back).

2023: 4 Untitled Marvel Movies listed. Of those we know GOTG3, Ant-Man and The Wasp 3 and Blade are somewhere in the lineup. They also teased Fantastic Four which might round out the 4 movies for 2023.

I don't see any Marvel movies beyond 2023.  2024+ is only a handful of reserved dates, usually for planned trilogies (Star Wars, Avatar, etc).

I think it’s more likely that some of those movies will be phase 5. The phase 4 announcement only went through Thor: Love and Thunder. 

For one, you can always build a new Avengers team. Two, it is possible that the next "big" Avengers movie will be about the Young Avengers.

I hope the next Avengers movie is about the adult Avengers. I think Young Avengers would probably work better as a Disney plus limited series than a movie. 

4 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Keep in mind that back in the day Lee and Kirby changed the Avengers lineup pretty regularly. . . .

As a movie-only fan and someone who has never actually read a comic book, I didn't know that and that's not who the Avengers are to me.  In my mind, the Avengers are established by the movies.  I don't mean to sound selfish or narrow-minded or dismissive, but that's who I know and how I know them.  Does that make sense?  That's also why I ask a lot of questions, and I appreciate everyone helping me out and answering. 🙂

I also didn't know that there are over 100+ characters that they could potentially include.  I like the original 6 that I know, plus the others that have gradually joined them.  I think if they just totally started over, it wouldn't be the same for me.  And obviously they can't gradually add them one or two at a time...  I think I'd be dead before they get to them all. 😂 

Of course I'll keep an open mind and see how it goes!  But wow - that's a lot of characters to keep track of... LOL.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

As a movie-only fan and someone who has never actually read a comic book, I didn't know that and that's not who the Avengers are to me.  In my mind, the Avengers are established by the movies.  I don't mean to sound selfish or narrow-minded or dismissive, but that's who I know and how I know them.  Does that make sense?  That's also why I ask a lot of questions, and I appreciate everyone helping me out and answering. 🙂

I also didn't know that there are over 100+ characters that they could potentially include.  I like the original 6 that I know, plus the others that have gradually joined them.  I think if they just totally started over, it wouldn't be the same for me.  And obviously they can't gradually add them one or two at a time...  I think I'd be dead before they get to them all. 😂 

Of course I'll keep an open mind and see how it goes!  But wow - that's a lot of characters to keep track of... LOL.

Bear in mind that by the time another Avengers movie comes out, we'll have had a bunch of standalone movies to establish new heroes (this has already begun) and where they fit in with this universe and the group dynamic, so that a team-up of next generation Avengers should come as naturally as the first did, a continuation of that same story. It won't be the same, no, but that doesn't mean it won't be as good or that we won't have learned to care.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

A good chunk of phase 4 will be introducing those replacements so there will be time to get to know them. In many cases they will use the exact same alias and fill a very similar role. 

6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Mostly because I find kid super heroes, especially ones who work under the supervision or approval of adult heroes super lame (spiderman being a weird exception).

What age do you consider to be kid superheroes? Just based on the ones cast so far I’m hoping they are going to be closer to college age. They just aged up the actress playing Cassie again and it will at least 2-3 before they are all they are all introduced. I know Hollywood loves the 30 year old teenager but I really hope Marvel doesn’t try to pass of a 26 or 27 year old Hailee Steinfield has a high schooler. 

The Avengers are interesting exactly because the line-up changes, hence giving the audience the opportunity to observe the interactions between different characters.

As for young Avengers I hope they don't go there for a long time.

They have to go there now, because Cassie doesn't get any younger.

8 hours ago, Dani said:

I think it’s more likely that some of those movies will be phase 5. The phase 4 announcement only went through Thor: Love and Thunder. 

2023 is possible for Phase 5, although that would be a very short Phase 4. However, since they are now including Disney+ in their Phase 4 it would make sense that the movie list of Phase 4 would be shorter than previous.

Thanks for the replies!

As for the Phases, I think Covid screwed everything up.  I'm not sure we can make guesses yet because things will probably keep shifting.  For example, as far as I know, Dr. Strange was supposed to have finished filming long ago, but they are still working on it.  I think even their new release date in 2022 may be ambitious; I hope they don't do quick editing just to make a deadline.

2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think even their new release date in 2022 may be ambitious; I hope they don't do quick editing just to make a deadline.

I'd be more worried about Spider-Man making it's December 2021 release, that was still filming not too long ago. March 2022 should be plenty of time for Strange 2 as long as it's currently filming. 

As for the dates, these weekends are booked with the theaters, they can always swap out or push back. However, they would announce it soon as 2024 weekends should be booking soon.

• Useful 1
On 3/10/2021 at 2:28 AM, Dani said:

A good chunk of phase 4 will be introducing those replacements so there will be time to get to know them. In many cases they will use the exact same alias and fill a very similar role. 

What age do you consider to be kid superheroes? Just based on the ones cast so far I’m hoping they are going to be closer to college age. They just aged up the actress playing Cassie again and it will at least 2-3 before they are all they are all introduced. I know Hollywood loves the 30 year old teenager but I really hope Marvel doesn’t try to pass of a 26 or 27 year old Hailee Steinfield has a high schooler. 

Teens would be annoying not only because their would be lots of opportunities for boring teen drama, but if adult heroes are ok with teens putting their life on the line it gets weird for me. It would be like watching a cop movie and the main character let's their teenage son or daughter come along on cases with them and chase and shoot at people.

Any older than teens and we have kind of already done that. Cap was 25 at the start of First Avenger and Black Widow was 26 in Iron Man 2.

I've been hoping for Young Avengers since they introduced Cassie in AM. And Tony already brought a teenager into the mix with Civil War, which he was criticized for. But for me, it boils down to what Spidey said - when you have these abilities and don't use them to help people, that's on you. And IIRC, Kamala has expressed something similar in the comics. Being teenagers does heighten the danger/death aspect, but I have trust that Marvel could do a good job with the concept.  

• Love 1

Frankly, it actually depends...if they manage to introduce those characters well enough that we already know them, I actually think a movie would work better because then you can focus on those already known character interacting with each other under pressure (which, let's be honest here, is the main reason why those cross over events are so much fun). But if they don't manage that, well, in this case we need a TV show to actually connect with most of them first. I mean, I guess everyone loves Cassie, even if we haven't seen the teen/young adult version of her yet, and I certainly feel already quite attached to Billy and Tommy, so I guess they might get away with diving into a movie directly.

Isn't Hawkeye show going to introduce Kate Bishop? We also have a Miss America Series coming right? Or was that just a rumor...I'm losing track.

Seems like they are introducing most of the Young Avengers on Disney+

Edited by Morrigan2575

I think they're looking at a Young Avengers Disney+ show, probably as an offshoot from Ms. Marvel.

They've cast Cassie, Kate, Kamala, America Chavez and Riri Williams. They have the potential to age up Billy and Tommy too. That's a fairly strong team, and also one of the reasons I suspect Cassie was recast - all the other women are dark haired and, in order, Jewish/Filipino, Pakistani, Mexican and African-American. I can easily see some exec saying, 'huh. We really need a white, blonde girl in here, don't we?'

I don't keep up with all the news either, but I think America Chavez is due to appear in Doctor Strange 2. I'd guess Riri Williams will be in Armour Wars and Kamala is obviously getting her own show.

I don't know if I'd go to see a Young Avengers movie, having recently reread the Heinberg comics and found that they haven't aged well for me - the teen drama and sincere earnestness just feel a bit overly self-conscious to me. But I'd definitely watch it at some point. However I do agree with Morrigan2575 that the teen sensibilities could be heightened in a TV show. Or they could go the other way and focus too much on the adults, like Runaways did.

But I don't envision the MCU ever really transitioning to these youngsters as mainstay heroes, other the one or two exceptions (Kate Bishop, for example, because Hailee Steinfeld has pretty decent star power). It just seems like the temptation to reboot and retool the main event characters will be too strong, as it always is in the comics. Characters like Cannonball and Jubilee have been 'young X-Men in waiting' for almost forty years, but have never shifted the popular, A-list mutants to the side.

3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

They've cast Cassie, Kate, Kamala, America Chavez and Riri Williams. They have the potential to age up Billy and Tommy too. That's a fairly strong team, and also one of the reasons I suspect Cassie was recast - all the other women are dark haired and, in order, Jewish/Filipino, Pakistani, Mexican and African-American. I can easily see some exec saying, 'huh. We really need a white, blonde girl in here, don't we?'

They recast Cassie to get a more notable actress.  Hair colour is something you can change, if you want to (though they've already established Cassie as a brunette, like her father).

3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

But I don't envision the MCU ever really transitioning to these youngsters as mainstay heroes, other the one or two exceptions (Kate Bishop, for example, because Hailee Steinfeld has pretty decent star power). It just seems like the temptation to reboot and retool the main event characters will be too strong, as it always is in the comics. Characters like Cannonball and Jubilee have been 'young X-Men in waiting' for almost forty years, but have never shifted the popular, A-list mutants to the side.

The difference between the comics and the movies is the actors.  The comics remain fixed on a certain number of relatively unchanging characters due to built-in audiences that don't let go, and since the characters are just lines on a page it's feasible to do that.  But most MCU viewers aren't comics fans, and there's no real difference between trying to sell people on a new actor playing Steve Rogers and a new actor playing a new character (in the latter case, you'd even be free of people making comparisons to Chris Evans).

I don't expect that Chris Evans will be the last actor to play Captain America, to be sure, but the MCU is now so established that it can introduce new, popular characters and perpetuate itself without needing to be tied to just a handful of comics characters.  I do expect we're going to see the transition process continue, as it's both cheaper and allows them to diversify their headliner characters.

• Love 1

Also, why circle through the same handful of characters if you have so many more to introduce? I mean, what is better, to sell a Ironman Toy, or to sell an Ironman, Black Panter and Captain Marvel Toy? The more of Marvel's characters become mainstream successes, the more they get on the bottom line. I am pretty sure that they sold multiple landfills of Groot toys alone just because they decided to take on a property so obscure not even Comic Book fans knew much about it.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My poor Jubilee has gotten crapped on for 20 years now. Vampire single Mama (adopted/stole) a baby last I looked. I'm actually OK with the Vampire part, even if miss my Firecracker but, they don't even use her powers. 

She's actually back to normal now and appearing in the Excalibur book. (A book I wish I liked more since it has some of my favorite X-Men. It's not bad, but it wasn't for me).

• Love 2
Just now, Captain Carrot said:

She's actually back to normal now and appearing in the Excalibur book. (A book I wish I liked more since it has some of my favorite X-Men. It's not bad, but it wasn't for me).

No way!? OMG now I have to start collecting again. 😮 Does she have a decent role or is she relegated to wallpaper? Other than The New Warriors where Wondra/Jubilee was the Team Leader every time I go to collect a Title Jubilee is in/on the team, she's always shoved into the background..looking at you All Female X-Men...hated that Wood guy, Guggenheim was mildly better.

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

No way!? OMG now I have to start collecting again. 😮 Does she have a decent role or is she relegated to wallpaper? Other than The New Warriors where Wondra/Jubilee was the Team Leader every time I go to collect a Title Jubilee is in/on the team, she's always shoved into the background..looking at you All Female X-Men...hated that Wood guy, Guggenheim was mildly better.

Only got the first few issues, but they seemed to be doing a good job of sharing the spotlight. It features the now married Rogue and Gambit, Betsy Braddock in her original body, Jubilee, and Apocalypse (this makes sense if you read Hickman's amazing House of X/Powers of X first), and Rictor joins after a few issues. Loved the cast, was a little meh on the book, but that was just me.

Back on topic. I actually think they could make very good movies out of Hickman's current run, but it would have to be several movies in as his run is extremely dependent on the idea of the mutants breaking the status quo in the Marvel universe. The MCU would have to create that status quo for this story to work.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SeanC said:

The difference between the comics and the movies is the actors.  The comics remain fixed on a certain number of relatively unchanging characters due to built-in audiences that don't let go, and since the characters are just lines on a page it's feasible to do that.  But most MCU viewers aren't comics fans, and there's no real difference between trying to sell people on a new actor playing Steve Rogers and a new actor playing a new character (in the latter case, you'd even be free of people making comparisons to Chris Evans).

How many people have played Superman and Batman, or Spider-Man? Franchises reboot with younger actors because studios want to make more money from those characters. It may not happen with the MCU for a long time, but I'm sure it will happen. And if the MCU continues for long enough, then there will be kids who pick up a Captain America comic (or download one, more likely) and want a movie, but don't want to watch "mum and dad's Cap."

The MCU is going to recast the Fantastic Four soon and, within the next few years, we'll get a new Wolverine, despite a lot of people thinking Hugh Jackman is the screen version of him, and the rest of the X-Men. I expect that to happen before any Young Avengers characters become the mainstays of a tentpole movie.

Edited by Danny Franks
9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Isn't Hawkeye show going to introduce Kate Bishop? We also have a Miss America Series coming right? Or was that just a rumor...I'm losing track.

Kate is being introduced in Hawkeye but a Miss America series hasn’t been confirmed. She being introduced in Doctor Strange 2. The actress playing America is a decade younger than the other Young Avengers actresses. I expect she will be aged up before she gets her own series. 

5 hours ago, SeanC said:

I don't expect that Chris Evans will be the last actor to play Captain America, to be sure, but the MCU is now so established that it can introduce new, popular characters and perpetuate itself without needing to be tied to just a handful of comics characters.  I do expect we're going to see the transition process continue, as it's both cheaper and allows them to diversify their headliner characters.

I agree. What they are doing is working and recasting the original avengers doesn’t make sense right now. Much has been made about how the MCU was built with the B-team. They’re not going to reboot anything just when they get to play with the A-team. 

16 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

The MCU is going to recast the Fantastic Four soon and, within the next few years, we'll get a new Wolverine, despite a lot of people thinking Hugh Jackman is the screen version of him, and the rest of the X-Men. I expect that to happen before any Young Avengers characters become the mainstays of a tentpole movie.

The desire to bring in a younger female audience is exactly why I think we will get a big screen version of Young Avengers sooner than later. Even if most of the work is done on Disney plus there will be a push for those characters to be large part of a theatrical release. 

53 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

we'll get a new Wolverine, despite a lot of people thinking Hugh Jackman is the screen version of him, and the rest of the X-Men.

As much as I love Jackman as Wolverine, I want the next Wolverine to be comicly accurate...give me a short, hairy, muscle bound canucklehead 😂

• Love 3
On 3/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Personally if you're going to do a Young Avengers I'd rather a movie, it limits the teen drama aspects. If they went Disney+ it would be soooo much drama/angst 😁

That is sort of what I am worried about or at least not interested too much in. I am not super interested in Ms Marvel, but will probably end up watching it with my daughter. But coming of age drama plus high school angst plus super hero stuff generally doesn't sound that great to me. Spiderman works I think because I already have an attachment to that character from before I can even remember.

2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

The Young Avengers are going to happen before the X-Men, at this point.  The X-Men aren't even in development, while the pieces are falling into place for the Young Avengers fairly rapidly.

50 minutes ago, SeanC said:

The Young Avengers are going to happen before the X-Men, at this point.  The X-Men aren't even in development, while the pieces are falling into place for the Young Avengers fairly rapidly.

Yes, I'm aware. I already listed the characters who have been cast in my post. But what I said was that I expect the Fantastic Four and X-Men to happen before Marvel consider making Young Avengers characters the mainstays of a tentpole movie. In other words, I do not expect any Young Avengers to become Avengers in the MCU.

1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

Yes, I'm aware. I already listed the characters who have been cast in my post. But what I said was that I expect the Fantastic Four and X-Men to happen before Marvel consider making Young Avengers characters the mainstays of a tentpole movie. In other words, I do not expect any Young Avengers to become Avengers in the MCU.

If it’s approached correctly a Young Avengers movie could be a tentpole movie with the anticipation of an Avengers movie. I just can’t see them bringing all those pieces together very deliberately for years without giving them a big team-up movie.

1 hour ago, Dani said:

If it’s approached correctly a Young Avengers movie could be a tentpole movie with the anticipation of an Avengers movie. I just can’t see them bringing all those pieces together very deliberately for years without giving them a big team-up movie.

However the MCU is in a new world distribution wise. A constant stream of content has to be fed to Disney + to prevent folks, MCU only fans from cancelling subscriptions. How much credit can be given to Iron Man and how much to big name stars like RDJ getting the role is in question. With Young Avengers can the big tentpole be powered by an  under 30 TV veteran actor getting a lead with a character who might or might not have been on animated TV for the target demographic have to seen and now look forward to as adults?

4 hours ago, Raja said:

However the MCU is in a new world distribution wise. A constant stream of content has to be fed to Disney + to prevent folks, MCU only fans from cancelling subscriptions. How much credit can be given to Iron Man and how much to big name stars like RDJ getting the role is in question.

The benefit of the new distribution model is that everything can work in concert and build interest over time. The MCU really wasn’t built with big name stars. RDJ wasn’t a huge draw at the time. It was built on good stories. 

With Young Avengers, Marvel has a opportunity to use multiple projects to build interest and to make people care about the characters. If that is done well a tentpole movie is very possible. It doesn’t even have to be an either/or situation. 

4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So would the Young Avengers end up a Disney+ Series or Theatrical release? I could see an argument for both options.

I could see it being either one or both. I imagine it depends on how the characters are received as they are introduced.