Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk

• Start Topic

OMG so glad Frasier is back on Hallmark! Flour Child is playing now just about choked on my drink when Eddie tore apart the bag of flour  and Daphne yelled "The dingo has got your baby!! OMG I needed that laugh so much!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

According to that article, if whatever idea pitched gets the go-head for shooting as early as this summer, I wonder what ideas are in the running now.  And even then what sounds like a good idea in the boardroom could in reality tank faster than you can scream out, "Look Out! He's got a nug!!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 2/7/2021 at 2:17 PM, AD35 said:

According to that article, if whatever idea pitched gets the go-head for shooting as early as this summer, I wonder what ideas are in the running now.  And even then what sounds like a good idea in the boardroom could in reality tank faster than you can scream out, "Look Out! He's got a nug!!"

"Mulpiple murbberers,"

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I just about died laughing the other night. Frasier had gone into private practice and his first patient realized that he had dated her sister. She goes "In the middle of sex you called my sister "M'lady". After that my sister and I called each other M'lady and soon our mom was doing it too. My aunt now has a cat named M'lady." You can imagine how mortified Frasier was. 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I just about died laughing the other night. Frasier had gone into private practice and his first patient realized that he had dated her sister. She goes "In the middle of sex you called my sister "M'lady". After that my sister and I called each other M'lady and soon our mom was doing it too. My aunt now has a cat named M'lady." You can imagine how mortified Frasier was. 🤣

It's so mean, but it's also sooooo realistic that siblings joke around like that together. 

His receptionist in that episode is so sweet.

That patient was played by Sarah Silverman and his other patients were kind of famous too.  George from "Grey's Anatomy", Dan Castellaneta who plays Homer Simpson, Missi Pyle.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582448/?ref_=tt_ch

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's so mean, but it's also sooooo realistic that siblings joke around like that together. 

His receptionist in that episode is so sweet.

That patient was played by Sarah Silverman and his other patients were kind of famous too.  George from "Grey's Anatomy", Dan Castellaneta who plays Homer Simpson, Missi Pyle.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0582448/?ref_=tt_ch

And the receptionist was Valerie Mahaffey. I loved her on Northern Exposure. Boy, that's a show that would fit right Cozi's lineup. Also WKRP In Cincinnati.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

That is such an underrated episode. It's one of my favorites from season 11, more for Frasier's plotline than Niles'. Poor guy, having such a horrendous first day. "You're done with your 10:00 appointment already?" "That was my 11:00." Good thing Homer Simpson shows up and salvages the day for him. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Niles: "The last straw?!?" 🤣 🤣 🤣

I love this storyline!

Roz: Oh, Niles.
James: I'm calling the cops.
Roz: The hell you are! This man's tips alone have probably paid for all the pot you'll ever smoke! Just back off, cowboy! And that goes for the rest of you, too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I like Roz being so protective of him in that scene. That's one of the (many) great things about the show, seeing the way Roz and Niles' relationship changes as time goes on, from snide jabs in the beginning to more friendly teasing and banter later on. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

I like Roz being so protective of him in that scene. That's one of the (many) great things about the show, seeing the way Roz and Niles' relationship changes as time goes on, from snide jabs in the beginning to more friendly teasing and banter later on. 

Yes, and that's why "Decoys" is one of my favourite episodes!!   Frasier goes from being horrified at Roz and Niles to finally then shipping them together!  LOL!  

Martin's reactions to them are so adorable too.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

I love that episode 😄. I read a fic once some time back that was set after the episode and had Niles and Roz talking about everything that happened, and exploring the friendship between them a little further. It was really nice. 

I also love the title cards for that episode. For some reason, the "Doesn't anyone want to see the damned sunset?" one especially makes me laugh. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I love that episode 😄. I read a fic once some time back that was set after the episode and had Niles and Roz talking about everything that happened, and exploring the friendship between them a little further. It was really nice. 

I also love the title cards for that episode. For some reason, the "Doesn't anyone want to see the damned sunset?" one especially makes me laugh. 

Frasier is so annoying in this episode but it's REALLY funny.  Kelsey makes being annoying really funny.  Frasier would discover Roz or Niles in the cabin after already shoving them outside to enjoy the sunset together and he would get so mad.  Hahahha.  He thought that Niles was so obsessed with his opinion of  the coupling when Niles couldn't care less and just wanted to be with Daphne.  Frasier's narcissism is so damn funny.

• Love 3

I love how every time Niles goes to a door to tell Donny to go spend time with Roz, Frasier pops out :p. 

And Martin's response when Frasier keeps mulling on about the idea of them while they're hunting ducks:

"Blow it, Frasier."

*Frasier blows the duck call*

"I didn't mean the duck call." 

Leave it to Martin to not beat around the bush 😄.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Frasier had 2 amazing cabin episodes, the other one being "The Ski Lodge" with Guy the Ski Instructor 😄

I love that one. With all the misunderstandings. Frasier sad at the end that no one was into him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes, and that's why "Decoys" is one of my favourite episodes!!   Frasier goes from being horrified at Roz and Niles to finally then shipping them together!  LOL! 

Frasier wasn't alone. 

I think I missed those sets of episodes when they first ran.  I might have been out of the country. And when I saw them in reruns.  I won't lie--things that made me go hmmm.

I mean, I also like Niles and Daphne but there was just something special and full circle about it that they became a stealth ship for me.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Last night was High Holidays. My DH and I just about peed ourselves laughing. OMG, when Martin was watching Frasier's commercial and they had changed it to Eddie. Ah hahaha *thud*

John Mahoney was such a good actor 😄  I love all the Frasier Christmas episodes but this one is the funniest!

• Love 8

Frasier had 2 amazing cabin episodes, the other one being "The Ski Lodge" with Guy the Ski Instructor 😄

There are a couple of other wonderful cabin or cabin-adjacent ones: the one where Niles and Frasier double date with Megan Mullally and the other woman (“Are you coming, Niles?”  “Curse these infernal riddles!!!”); the one where they go ice fishing to get Martin’s approval, bicker endlessly (F: “I have nowhere to sit!”; N: “The auger’s free.”), all get drunk and tell each other they love each other.  Then there’s there’s the cabin where F goes in crisis and confronts all his women; the one where the three Crane boys meet Hester’s double.  

Are there more?

What a great show.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Harry24 said:

There are a couple of other wonderful cabin or cabin-adjacent ones: the one where Niles and Frasier double date with Megan Mullally and the other woman (“Are you coming, Niles?”  “Curse these infernal riddles!!!”); the one where they go ice fishing to get Martin’s approval, bicker endlessly (F: “I have nowhere to sit!”; N: “The auger’s free.”), all get drunk and tell each other they love each other.  Then there’s there’s the cabin where F goes in crisis and confronts all his women; the one where the three Crane boys meet Hester’s double.  

Are there more?

What a great show.

There is the one where they go to (I think) Maris' cabin and they are having a party. A dead sea lion washes up on the beach, raising a terrible stench. So they wrap it in one of Maris' dressing gowns and row it out offshore and dump it. The neighbor sees all this and thinks they murdered Maris. Hilarity ensues.

• Love 3
Just now, peacheslatour said:

There is the one where they go to (I think) Maris' cabin and they are having a party. A dead sea lion washes up on the beach, raising a terrible stench. So they wrap it in one of Maris' dressing gowns and row it out offshore and dump it. The neighbor sees all this and thinks they murdered Maris. Hilarity ensues.

Oh, oh, oh!!!  There’s also the one where Frasier insists he, Freddie, and Martin return to nature (“We leave at daybreak!!!”), and Freddie meets a pretty girl and impresses Frasier with his game.

• Love 4
Just now, Harry24 said:

Oh, oh, oh!!!  There’s also the one where Frasier insists he, Freddie, and Martin return to nature (“We leave at daybreak!!!”), and Freddie meets a pretty girl and impresses Frasier with his game.

That was so good. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Harry24 said:

There are a couple of other wonderful cabin or cabin-adjacent ones: the one where Niles and Frasier double date with Megan Mullally and the other woman (“Are you coming, Niles?”  “Curse these infernal riddles!!!”);

😄😄😄

I totally forgot about this one!  I think because it makes me so mad.  My brother and I have this thing.  We hate how so many episodes are based around Frasier screwing up things with a woman or everyone in his life/family screwing up things between a woman and him (remember "Three Dates and a Breakup"?  Freaking Sherry!!!!!!!!)  (Remember the model zoologist???  His freaking family was so mean to him!)    We just want Frasier to get what he wants sometimes.  We're obviously watching the wrong show.  

Megan to Niles:  You're funny.

20 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I think it's more of like a beachhouse, but yes.  IMDB calls it a "cottage".  

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Harry24 said:

What is this??  Can someone name the episode for me?  Thank you

15 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What is this??  Can someone name the episode for me?  Thank you

"Cranes Unplugged", from season 8. Frasier's looking forward to spending time with his son during his visit, but Frederick, who's now a teenager, doesn't seem all that interested in bonding with him. So Frasier drags Freddie and Martin up to a cabin with him so they can all have some family bonding time. And of course, it doesn't go quite as planned :p.

50 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

😄😄😄

I totally forgot about this one!  I think because it makes me so mad.  My brother and I have this thing.  We hate how so many episodes are based around Frasier screwing up things with a woman or everyone in his life/family screwing up things between a woman and him (remember "Three Dates and a Breakup"?  Freaking Sherry!!!!!!!!)  (Remember the model zoologist???  His freaking family was so mean to him!)    We just want Frasier to get what he wants sometimes.  We're obviously watching the wrong show.  

Megan to Niles:  You're funny.

I get a kick out of that episode because it's fun to see Megan Mullally pre-"Will & Grace", and I start imagining what it'd be like if Niles somehow wound up going on a date with Karen Walker :D. That would surely be a disaster of (hilariously) epic proportions. 

But yes, Frasier, and Niles as well, totally blow it with those women in that episode. It's very frustrating indeed. Funny, but frustrating. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

"Cranes Unplugged", from season 8. Frasier's looking forward to spending time with his son during his visit, but Frederick, who's now a teenager, doesn't seem all that interested in bonding with him. So Frasier drags Freddie and Martin up to a cabin with him so they can all have some family bonding time. And of course, it doesn't go quite as planned :p.

I get a kick out of that episode because it's fun to see Megan Mullally pre-"Will & Grace", and I start imagining what it'd be like if Niles somehow wound up going on a date with Karen Walker :D. That would surely be a disaster of (hilariously) epic proportions. 

But yes, Frasier, and Niles as well, totally blow it with those women in that episode. It's very frustrating indeed. Funny, but frustrating. 

Weren't they kitchen designers? I loved that because my mom was a kitchen designer.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Yeah, something like that. And Frasier and Niles totally geeked out about that with them :D. 

I imagine that would be a fun job to have. I'd love someone like that to help make our kitchen look nicer!

I worked for her for three years. It was really fun and she was good at it. Her business partner was a contractor and she was a design whiz. They were very successful. The tear out was usually for the clients rather stressful but once the new cabinets, floor, counter tops and cabinets were installed they were giddy. Her signature was greenhouse windows.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I worked for her for three years. It was really fun and she was good at it. Her business partner was a contractor and she was a design whiz. They were very successful. The tear out was usually for the clients rather stressful but once the new cabinets, floor, counter tops and cabinets were installed they were giddy. Her signature was greenhouse windows.

I SWEAR that's a dream job of mine!

Niles might get a kick out of Karen Walker because they're all snobs and Frasier I think would be REALLY into Karen because according to Roz, Frasier likes bitchy women that he can "Fix" 😁😁. (She said this in those episodes with Felicity Huffman). 😄

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I SWEAR that's a dream job of mine!

Niles might get a kick out of Karen Walker because they're all snobs and Frasier I think would be REALLY into Karen because according to Roz, Frasier likes bitchy women that he can "Fix" 😁😁. (She said this in those episodes with Felicity Huffman). 😄

Oh gods, yes. Remember Lana? Yikes.

If you are interested in kitchen design check out these guys, It's the National Kitchen and Bath Association. My mom was a Certified Kitchen Designer through AIKD.

NKBA: Leadership Through Learning

NKBA is proud to celebrate its 54th anniversary this year. We’ve dedicated more than half a century to the kitchen and bath industry through supporting education, networking and raising the professionalism of our members. Read on to learn about a few of the milestones in our history. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Oh gods, yes. Remember Lana? Yikes.

If you are interested in kitchen design check out these guys, It's the National Kitchen and Bath Association. My mom was a Certified Kitchen Designer through AIKD.

NKBA: Leadership Through Learning

NKBA is proud to celebrate its 54th anniversary this year. We’ve dedicated more than half a century to the kitchen and bath industry through supporting education, networking and raising the professionalism of our members. Read on to learn about a few of the milestones in our history. 

That's so kind of you!  Thank you!   I really, really am!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

As much as I love this show, I have always hated Niles.

Wow!  As you probably know, that’s a distinctly unpopular opinion, so I give you TREMENDOUS credit for voicing it. 🙂

What makes you hate him?

• Love 3

I loved him, too :). He's probably one of my longest-lasting TV character crushes, honestly :p. And Pierce played him brilliantly. 

I do get where some aspects of Niles' personality would be off-putting to some, though, yes. 

• Love 6

Pierce did physical comedy so well. In Three Valentines, Niles setting his pants on fire has me laughing so hard every time I see it.

I'd have very low expectations for a revival. The ensemble cast had such a great chemistry. It wouldn't be the same without Martin and Eddie.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

As much as I love this show, I have always hated Niles.

I love Niles as a character, but in real life I probably would want to push him off the Space Needle.

• LOL 2