Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: One Hell Of A Party

• Start Topic

Tilley Ramsey sweet 16th party.  She looks so much like her dad. 

Discuss.

Bret has a mental illness of some kind. Mania? Poor guy hope he gets some help.

Ro looks 50. Hard life for sure. 

Ro and Mia got nominated....

Ro went home.

• Love 2

BRET:  Baked ziti and meat sauce. Give me a fuk'n break. And it's highly likely he faked the "heart episode" so he didn't have to complete the arts & crafts punishment. This guy is a mental case.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

Yeah I’m wondering what’s wrong with Bret and I agree Roe is pretty old looking. Any predictions for the winner? I think it’s Jose or Motto.

Anyone except Bret, Trevor, Scottley, or Heather.

• Love 6

I don't understand why Bret gets so much camera time.  He's a jerk with a screw loose and he's very unattractive.  Why do the producers think that viewers want to see so much of him?  I certainly don't.  His health crisis was highly suspect.

I thought Roe was possibly the strongest one on the women's team and had a shot at winning.  I was surprised to see her get eliminated.  

• Love 11

Can you really say that Tilly Ramsay is "making a name for herself"? She's using the name she was born with to get ahead. 

I can't wait for some future season when chefs refuse to leave the kitchen in that "one chef leaves at a time" competition that they flashed back to. 

• Love 6

I hope either Jose or Motto win.  I did like that Mia called out Brett while they were eating. He's just so disgusting.  I'd bet anything he was faking.  If the whole team doesn't do the punishment task the one who skipped out should be up for elimination no matter if their team won or not.  What's the point in giving the punishment if members don't do the punishment. 

• Love 9

Lol I have to wonder how much the returnees were paid to come back and if their time there was preset.

Interesting how all the returnees are getting booted and how they are shown though I have to admit I vacillate between this theory and the theory that the younger cuter female chef always will be saved. 

I don’t know.  

So is Bret or Trevor next?  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Zoe said:

First thought that popped to mind was withdrawal.

Or he just got a new baggie full of meth.  He looked just like all the people we see on Cops . . . sweating, heart racing, talking a mile a minute.  Of COURSE he refused to go to the hospital.  One drug test and he's eliminated from the show.  Forever.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Or he just got a new baggie full of meth.  He looked just like all the people we see on Cops . . . sweating, heart racing, talking a mile a minute.  Of COURSE he refused to go to the hospital.  One drug test and he's eliminated from the show.  Forever.

Yep. 

Is there a reason Gordon didn't think kebabs would be a good idea? I mean, as soon as Kanae described them I knew, if they tasted good, that they'd be a hit. 

• Love 6

Bret's comments with Mia were a bit over the top. I thought that Roe would outlast Trev, Scotley and Bret but her performance tonight was really bad so it wasn't too surprising. Motto and Jose are looking to be the strongest right now.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, xcrayon2215x said:

Bret's comments with Mia were a bit over the top. I thought that Roe would outlast Trev, Scotley and Bret but her performance tonight was really bad so it wasn't too surprising. Motto and Jose are looking to be the strongest right now.

I'm a little old fashioned, so please don't flame me for my opinion. 

If Mia knew that Bret had a daughter, maybe she should have said to him, "If your daughter was (Mia's age) and was having a conversation with a man (Bret's age), would you want to have her exposed to language like that?  Think about it.  I am someone's daughter, and my dad would not want me to listen to that language."

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Crucial said:

I hope either Jose or Motto win.  I did like that Mia called out Brett while they were eating. He's just so disgusting.  I'd bet anything he was faking.  If the whole team doesn't do the punishment task the one who skipped out should be up for elimination no matter if their team won or not.  What's the point in giving the punishment if members don't do the punishment. 

Yes... you just reminded me of Elise, the mistress of not doing any work, especially a punishment.

• Love 7

I really thought Kevin had it in the bag. I wonder what the casting thought was this time? Did they have some past contestants they really liked who needed screen time for insurance or something? There really aren't any jerks on this season, just loud mouths.

Since Kevin is gone, my money is on Motto. The "head chef" prizewinner from last year is very young, very cute Michelle. I don't see him choosing Kenae or Mia- too similar. And I don't see it being a woman with Christina overseeing all of Vegas. That's a lot of women stacked in there. Motto or Jose.

• Love 2

I mean, Bret is heinous and he wasted all of those EMT’s fucking time and should have to pay real money for that, but is saying something is “the shit” super offensive?  Cuz I say that all the time.  Maybe it is a northeast thing.

But he has gots to go.  His diatribe about pasta was mortifying.

”I’m not going to fucking swear in front of the fucking kids” made me laugh right out loud.

Man I liked Roe.  Mia is a good chef for sure but she is way immature.

A final three of Kenae, Jose and Motto would be a-ok with me.  I love Jose.

Trev is a grade A dick.  Can he say anything without being an asshole?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

A final three of Kenae, Jose and Motto would be a-ok with me.  I love Jose.

I agree with this.  The last couple of weeks I've started watching season 10 which Christina won.  She was almost invisible the first four episodes, while Barbie, Dana, and a couple of others dominated with the drama.  I'm thinking the same thing with Jose and Motto...keep your head down, make good food, avoid the bullshit.

• Love 5
On 12/7/2018 at 10:41 PM, galaxychaser said:

Jose or Mia. 

Mia's great but she's a bit inconsistent, but she still has a shot.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:49 PM, preeya said:

Anyone except Bret, Trevor, Scottley, or Heather.

I don't mind Heather but the others I agree I wouldn't want to win.

On 12/8/2018 at 1:17 AM, mlp said:

I don't understand why Bret gets so much camera time.  He's a jerk with a screw loose and he's very unattractive.  Why do the producers think that viewers want to see so much of him?  I certainly don't.  His health crisis was highly suspect.

I thought Roe was possibly the strongest one on the women's team and had a shot at winning.  I was surprised to see her get eliminated.  

Bret is a bit of a wild card but at least he doesn't annoy me as much as Scotley. That being said I hope Bret doesn't win but I don't think he will. 

On 12/8/2018 at 6:02 AM, Crucial said:

He could very well be faking. Yes based on Jose and Motto's track record and more so Jose, they could very well win.  

On 12/8/2018 at 6:08 AM, Ellee said:

Lol I have to wonder how much the returnees were paid to come back and if their time there was preset.

Interesting how all the returnees are getting booted and how they are shown though I have to admit I vacillate between this theory and the theory that the younger cuter female chef always will be saved. 

I don’t know.  

So is Bret or Trevor next?  

Yeah, it's interesting most of the veterans are gone already.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:25 AM, mertensia said:

Yep. 

Is there a reason Gordon didn't think kebabs would be a good idea? I mean, as soon as Kanae described them I knew, if they tasted good, that they'd be a hit. 

Yeah, teens like kebabs and they are fun to eat. 

• Love 2
On 12/7/2018 at 11:38 PM, preeya said:

The article states that "Hauser was an executive chef at a Fort Lauderdale pizzeria" which made me LOL.  What a loser.

I saw that in the article. I wonder if the Executive Chef at a pizzeria means he puts the pies in the oven, or if he is the guy who removes them from the oven? Or maybe the Exec is the guy entrusted with the roller for cutting the slices correctly? I don’t think the Exec is the guy who tosses the dough in the air, that spot is reserved for the Head Chef.

Regarding Bret and his latest drama, I am calling BS on the whole incident. If he truly had stabbing chest pains, along with the other over the top claims he was making, and the EMT’s were running tests, even if Bret refused to go to the hospital there is no way in hell the show would risk him dropping dead on the line after returning. The show would have made him go and get thoroughly checked out strictly for liability purposes. While that was going down I told my wife it is fake, and he will will dramatically rise from his death bed and rejoin the team. 

Regarding Mia and the prep work dispute, why didn’t they show the film of it at the judging, so we can see who was correct? Seems like a simple solution. 

Also, the 4 layer cakes, would have liked to see more of that. We caught one glimpse of them on a tray, but nothing else.

It was amazing how the guys struggled to make a single paper flower on film, yet at Party time there were complex ones scattered all over the dining room. Both the punishment and the winners reward were very lame this week. 

Am I the only one who was thinking Bret was going to be cut with the focus on him for most of the show? Also, frigging ziti wth meat sauce for GR’s daughter? Did Bret think he was serving a buffet at the local VFW? It looked like something I used to get at the chow hall when I was in the service. 

Next weeks previews show more drama, which I’m sure will turn out to be nothing like what was depicted. 

Edited by MajorWoody
  • Love 5
On 12/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, xcrayon2215x said:

While I'm okay with Roe leaving I was hoping that Ramsay would tell her to also get back in line and send Trevor home.  Because Trevor can't leave soon enough.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:11 AM, MajorWoody said:

I saw that in the article. I wonder if the Executive Chef at a pizzeria means he puts the pies in the oven, or if he is the guy who removes them from the oven? Or maybe the Exec is the guy entrusted with the roller for cutting the slices correctly? I don’t think the Exec is the guy who tosses the dough in the air, that spot is reserved for the Head Chef.

Regarding Bret and his latest drama, I am calling BS on the whole incident. If he truly had stabbing chest pains, along with the other over the top claims he was making, and the EMT’s were running tests, even if Bret refused to go to the hospital there is no way in hell the show would risk him dropping dead on the line after returning. The show would have made him go and get thoroughly checked out strictly for liability purposes. While that was going down I told my wife it is fake, and he will will dramatically rise from his death bed and rejoin the team. 

Regarding Mia and the prep work dispute, why didn’t they show the film of it at the judging, so we can see who was correct? Seems like a simple solution. 

Also, the 4 layer cakes, would have liked to see more of that. We caught one glimpse of them on a tray, but nothing else.

It was amazing how the guys struggled to make a single paper flower on film, yet at Party time there were complex ones scattered all over the dining room. Both the punishment and the winners reward were very lame this week. 

Am I the only one who was thinking Bret was going to be cut with the focus on him for most of the show? Also, frigging ziti wth meat sauce for GR’s daughter? Did Bret think he was serving a buffet at the local VFW? It looked like something I used to get at the chow hall when I was in the service. 

Next weeks previews show more drama, which I’m sure will turn out to be nothing like what was depicted. 

I am with you on seeing them make the cakes & how they came out. They rarely show the dessert-that is when they make it to dessert.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:06 AM, AZChristian said:
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, mojoween said:

”I’m not going to fucking swear in front of the fucking kids” made me laugh right out loud.

If Mia knew that Bret had a daughter, maybe she should have said to him, "If your daughter was (Mia's age) and was having a conversation with a man (Bret's age), would you want to have her exposed to language like that?  Think about it.  I am someone's daughter, and my dad would not want me to listen to that language."

I'm okay with Mia calling out Bret on his language, but what he said was actually pretty mild compared to a lot of the talk that goes among the chefs on Hells' Kitchen, where every other word is bleeped out. That's always been one of the hallmarks of this show, and it starts from the top, since Gordon regularly curses a blue streak. I doubt Mia would ever tell GR that his language offends her.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:23 PM, Mystery said:

Can you really say that Tilly Ramsay is "making a name for herself"? She's using the name she was born with to get ahead. 

GR said something like, "she's 15 years old and already making a name for herself in the culinary world." What the heck does that mean? Is she cooking at one his restaurants? I doubt it.

I personally hate those designer ripped jeans she was wearing, that cost hundreds of dollars. Only in a rich country would people pay that kind of money to intentionally look like crap. You don't see that in poor countries, where people have nothing but still take pride in their appearance, and dress the best they can for what they can afford. (Okay, off my soap box now).

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:08 AM, Ellee said:

I thought that too for a moment, but that's not always the case, as in the past we've seen young cute female chefs got eliminated early

. I think this season Gordon holding the returnees to a higher standard, which seems fair, since they should've learned from their prior experience. The veterans all said that they came back to win, so if Gordon doesn't see them as a potential winner, why keep them around? Apparently he lost confidence in Roe. Mia may not win, but early in the season she had the best dish in several challenges, and I think Gordon respects her cooking ability.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4

Bret is one of my least favorite people to ever compete. He acts like a kid, clearly got pampered by his parent and comes off like a fake gangster. Clearly he didn't evolve much into an adult after high school. Punk!