Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

MSNBC hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski helped promote a book by Kevin Williamson — who repeatedly said that women should be hanged for having an abortion — and never asked Williamson about those comments, or disclosed them to viewers.

This was all over Twitter, it got defended by stating that they were only discussing his book, not his views on women's reproductive rights. 

That Ms Know Your Value would go along with having him on the show...hanging women? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

But WaPo's not sure.

As the Associated Press noted, Democrats from McConnell’s home state credit a retired teacher with coining the term.

But as Folds’s McConnell-inspired tune made the rounds Friday morning, MSNBC tweeted that the nickname was started by one of its hosts: former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough....

....After the “Morning Joe” segment, #MoscowMitch began trending on Twitter, where McConnell’s campaign later used the term while lashing out at the MSNBC host.

• Love 2

Looks like Beto-Mania is back baby!

Please know in all of the horror of this weekend I completely agree that Beto's raw and thank you God genuine response to this insanity was like a wave of pure oxygen washing over me but I am glad that "us" is "Impressed" with a capital I.

Just a touch Dear Leader for moi, sorry.

Joe mentioned Clinton and Dershowitz roughly 30 times?  60?  He said "former President and Harvard law professor" at least 30 times.  So let me get this straight, the Clintons conspired with Prince Harry and Alan Dershowitz to create conditions in the prison that allowed Epstein to commit suicide?   They are so powerful, the current President and AG couldn't keep Epstein alive to later use him to accuse Bill Clinton of something or other?
Well fuck me.  If the Clintons are so fearsome and powerful in the minds of the right, so easily capable of outwitting and outmuscling the United States' entire justice department, why didn't the right wingers vote her into the Presidency?  She's deific.  Omnipotent. 

• Love 2
On 8/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, Landsnark said:

Joe mentioned Clinton and Dershowitz roughly 30 times?  60?  He said "former President and Harvard law professor" at least 30 times. 

If Joe thinks the Clintons killed Epstein but let Anthony Weiner live, he's a fucking idiot. 

The conspiracy is the deal in Florida Epstein received,  the documents were sealed, the plaintiffs weren't notified, he was allowed to leave the jail five days a week, and it was basically a slap on the wrist. 

Maybe now he knew there wouldn't be a conspiracy that could protect him. 

Joe wants so badly for Bill Clinton to be accused of something it's driving him insane.  If he cares so much about powerful men and the scandals involving young women being hurt, he might want to clean the skeletons out of his own closet first. 

• Love 3
On 8/11/2019 at 3:56 PM, Chloesmom said:

Joe has been spitting fire on Twitter all weekend after he got called out on some "before coffee" tweets but so far I see nothing on this mind boggling gem from their friend Halperin:

Nice to know Halperin is still as big an idiot as before. 

Joe when I haven't had coffee and I tweet something stupid, I go back and delete it. Pretty easy, just hit that drop down menu and click on "delete". Everything you say doesn't have to be saved for posterity.  You really aren't that much of a genius that people in the future will want to read your rage tweets. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Joe Scarborough, the man who shouted about the horrible nature of conspiracy theories when the conspiracy theory involves him, dabbled in conspiracy theory chit chat about someone else? 

Joe was furious with the tweet replies that implicate him in the death  of his intern. Joe had already spoken to MSNBC officials asking them to remove any references to his alleged involvement in her death. Why won't Google listen to Joe?

• Love 2

He's also blaming the people who read his conspiracy tweets for being stupid or something. 

And he's angry he had to delete the tweet because everyone is an idiot.  Majority of responses were "Fuck you".  One person posted a photo of Lori. 

He must be so upset he took to his bed, like Aunt PittyPat in Gone with the Wind. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

He's also blaming the people who read his conspiracy tweets for being stupid or something. 

And he's angry he had to delete the tweet because everyone is an idiot.  Majority of responses were "Fuck you".  One person posted a photo of Lori. 

He must be so upset he took to his bed, like Aunt PittyPat in Gone with the Wind. 

Joe does not accept criticism. Twitter should do  better job of protecting Joe from reading any negative tweets. Does Twitter assign a customer service representative to flag critical replies to Joe's tweets ?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, oakville said:
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Joe does not accept criticism. Twitter should do  better job of protecting Joe from reading any negative tweets. Does Twitter assign a customer service representative to flag critical replies to Joe's tweets ?

You are ON FIRE!!! 

• Love 3

Joe's Latest Twitter Spat.  Wondering why he's on Twitter. We're wondering why you're on TV!!  So many emotions in a 4 line tweet.  Is he afraid Putin's gonna come after him, too?  

Somebody get this man an emotional support cake! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

The Indignation is strong in this one (Joe).  Kaczynski really got under his skin/hide.  You know, like Moscow Mitch.

7 hours ago, oakville said:

Does Twitter assign a customer service representative to flag critical replies to Joe's tweets ?

They better be prepared to work a lot of overtime.

• LOL 2

Geez I hope Meek's didn't take that KYV advice a tad too far:

Part of me is just kidding but that last "Let me know if you run into any trouble, Bye" hits a tad too close to home as oblivious is her middle name.

You know, like she was trying to help Halperin's victims.

• Love 3

I don't know that would have been Mika or Mika's doing, or am I missing snark? She's not a manager, she's on air talent. This would have come from Phil Griffin's office. 

Here she is being interviewed by Mika's slave/intern on KYV TV re the situation.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/video/see-how-msnbc-s-mariana-atencio-reacted-when-told-don-t-look-too-latina-62807621702

This is almost too absurd to be real.  I guess Steph Ruhle didn't get that memo. 

image.png.6fb199b5c9cf6f7130a5f903d38c309e.png

• Love 1

I love love love Stephanie Ruhle; she always looks professional on air, at least from what I can see.  However....I hate to sound catty (I have a friend who always says, "oh, come on, let's be catty") right before saying something catty.  But does Stephanie have implants?  Yes, none of my business; but that looks is a bit startling.  And what world do we live in where the horrid Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks classy compared to Ms. Ruhle?  Still cannot stand her; and still love S Ruhle.  Wowsa.

20 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I love love love Stephanie Ruhle; she always looks professional on air, at least from what I can see.  However....I hate to sound catty (I have a friend who always says, "oh, come on, let's be catty") right before saying something catty.  But does Stephanie have implants?  Yes, none of my business; but that looks is a bit startling.  And what world do we live in where the horrid Sarah Huckabee Sanders looks classy compared to Ms. Ruhle?  Still cannot stand her; and still love S Ruhle.  Wowsa.

It's not being catty when they're right out there and look like that, and yes they must be I don't think real ones pushed up like that have that round ridge at the top. 

I have to say that's the best I've ever seen SHS look.  She looks so happy compared to when she'd do press briefings.  I

Edited by teddysmom

They're mashed in there.  If they weren't real, they'd always look like that.
Stephanie Ruhle is the bee's knees.  I think she looks incredible.  Classy AF!
She must be an absolute blast to be around, she seems like so much fun.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

I wonder if Mika offered Stephanie advice on personal relationships with people she interviews. ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6730413/Under-Armour-CEO-Kevin-Plank-having-affair-MSNBC-host-Stephanie-Ruhle.html

• Love 1

This is the host's thread. If you would like to post about Stephanie Ruhle, please do so in the Small Talk thread.

CJR has a story on Halperin that mentions the Scarboroughs’ ongoing support for Halperin right up front. So, both the online only show Joe & Mika were going to do with Halperin and the segment Mika did on him were done without the knowledge of the MSNBC brass? How have they accumulated such power? I realize we ask this regularly, but it’s really amazing how much they get away with on the network. 

https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/mark-halperin-me-too.php

• Love 1

Joe & Mika go by the old tenet "easier to ask forgiveness than permission". 

I'm pretty sure that's not a standard legal term for contracts.  

Joe thinks he can do whatever he wants and brow beat Griffin into letting him. Joe then tells Mika to go ahead. MSNBC Legal and Marketing get wind of the shit storm about to hit from Joe & Mika collaborating with Halperin, and shut it down, hoping public won't find out. Joe Mika and Griffin don't realize that MSNBC employees know journalists who would love nothing more than to expose Joe & Mika for the assholes they really are.  And a burner phone is used out on 57th St to call someone, story runs. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Joe & Mika go by the old tenet "easier to ask forgiveness than permission". 

I'm pretty sure that's not a standard legal term for contracts.  

Joe thinks he can do whatever he wants and brow beat Griffin into letting him. Joe then tells Mika to go ahead. MSNBC Legal and Marketing get wind of the shit storm about to hit from Joe & Mika collaborating with Halperin, and shut it down, hoping public won't find out. Joe Mika and Griffin don't realize that MSNBC employees know journalists who would love nothing more than to expose Joe & Mika for the assholes they really are.  And a burner phone is used out on 57th St to call someone, story runs. 

#knowyourvalue

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm starting to think Mika's obsession with other women's pregnancies is veering into stalker territory. 

I wasn't that excited when my own sister was pregnant.  

Mikachu is my new name for Mika 

• LOL 5

Magic broomstick . . . hee!

Do we really think it's comparable to a broom stick? 

I was thinking more along the lines of  (following may not be for the squeamish)

Spoiler

hot dog that was cooked too long and is all gross and by hot dog I mean cocktail weiner 

I spoilered it just in case it's not the image you want this early in the day (or ever). 

Magic? It would be magic if Joe does anything but talk about himself while Mika sits on a table across from the bed eating a 4 day old birthday cake from Costco and mumbling "I do know my value, I do know my value..." 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

In my mind's eye, she eats all her cakes with her hands no matter the circumstance.  In the office, she just thrusts her hand in and pulls out a messy fistful and jams it in her mouth and walks off.  At a party, it's two hands.  On the sofa, it's both hands just jamming the whole cake into her face.  The only sounds heard are a creepy mix of muffled giggling, chewing, and "value."
And if it's cupcakes, stand back.  It looks like Ethel and Lucy at the candy conveyor belt.

There are cakes in all her drawers all through her house.  Her daughters ask if there's anything for dessert.  "No.  There's NOTHING.  STOP ASKING!"  And she surreptitiously jams a fistful of of cake in her mouth.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I followed a link and read something yesterday, at Cheat Sheet maybe. Using $8 million as his salary and $6 million as her salary - the Florida scam saves them just under $900 thousand per year in taxes. 

34 minutes ago, suomi said:

I followed a link and read something yesterday, at Cheat Sheet maybe. Using $8 million as his salary and $6 million as her salary - the Florida scam saves them just under $900 thousand per year in taxes. 

Because it's gotta be so hard to live on a combined pre-tax income of $14 million.  With an average viewership of 1 million, you're paying $6 for the privilege of letting Mika grunt, misread prompters, and add absolutely nothing to any conversation.

5 hours ago, Rickster said:

I’m going to hypothesize that the problems with both Mika and Joe stem from being stuck in the Florida bunker 90% of the time. When the show originated from NY, I’m sure staff was prepping them in a way that you can’t over the phone. So now they wing it, with Joe repeating his anti-Trump rants and Mika totally lost.

Why TPTB allow them to broadcast from FL is beyond me, when every other media figure can survive on their salaries in the NY or Washington areas.

With or without prep, and you are surely right about the lack of prep in the bunker, a show loses its relevance when everything's a remote feed and every participant is staring into a camera with a green screen behind them, trying to figure out who's talking.  One thing I like about Nicolle's show is that she usually has a full table of guests and only one or two, if any, guests being fed in remotely.  It makes the conversations much more natural, and you can see people reacting to each other.  Infinitely better.

Somewhere along the way, Joe got the idea that he was a star, and I've heard that when you're a star, they let you do anything.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Maybe their divorce settlements make the NY area unaffordable for Joe and Mika.

Joe filed for divorce from Susan in September  2012 and it was finalized in January 2013.

In lieu of alimony Susan received $150,000 lump sum, and $30,000 per month for 5 years then $25,000 per month for 2 years. No child support, per se; he does pay their tuition.

Susan was just one month from entering the phase of $25,000 payments when Joe remarried and she will be paid in full by the end of 2019. 

Mika slow-walked her divorce, filing on December 21, 2015 (Merry Christmas, Jim!) just as Susan finished logging three years of $30,000 payments.

The decree was finalized in mid-January 2016 and 6 months later Mika bought a 4000 sf $1.6 million home in NY. None of Mika's divorce details are available: equity, assets, child support, tuition, etc. 

It all was synchronized. He divorced first and started the clock on Susan's payment plan in the first month of 2013 while the affair with his married co-star continued.

When they got married at the end of 2018 there was one month left in the first year Susan's $25,000 tier, and only 13 months until she was completely paid. Except for tuition, Joe is off the divorce financial hook after 4 more payments. 

So, they ran the clock on 6 out of 7 years of payments and greatly minimized the amount of time Mika's first marriage (openly) twisted in the wind.

And they moved to Florida right quick, didn't they? ASAP. Synch ro nized. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe' moms moved to Florida last year. It was more convenient for Mika & Joe to look after them from Florida.  Joe's mom passed away earlier this year.

Joe's power at MSNBC is well known.

Heh. The moms didn't move to FL on their own, that's for sure. Joe and Mika each have 2 siblings. What a stroke of luck that in both families there was a sibling who at this stage in life was willing and able to uproot, because someone had to  follow those two frisky-but-failing mothers south!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Because it's gotta be so hard to live on a combined pre-tax income of $14 million.  With an average viewership of 1 million, you're paying $6 for the privilege of letting Mika grunt, misread prompters, and add absolutely nothing to any conversation.

This is a thing of beauty.   😘🏆🙌

17 hours ago, suomi said:

Is Joey trolling us? Maybe her plastic surgeon's name is Dr Kilimanjaro. 

And she climbed him.   Maybe there was some sort of barter agreement.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Do we really think it's comparable to a broom s

In Miks'a pea brain, it's a Nimbus 2000.    We all know it's most likely the cocktail weiner you describe.   That would explain all the blustering, bullying braggadocio he engages in to compensate.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, suomi said:

Heh. The moms didn't move to FL on their own, that's for sure. Joe and Mika each have 2 siblings. What a stroke of luck that in both families there was a sibling who at this stage in life was willing and able to uproot, because someone had to  follow those two frisky-but-failing mothers south!

I agree with you 100%. The move to Florida was more convenient for Mika & Joe than their moms.

Joe moved his mom from Florida to Connecticut many years ago.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, meowmommy said:

Somewhere along the way, Joe got the idea that he was a star, and I've heard that when you're a star, they let you do anything.

Including barely hosting a show in your jammies from the waist down (we can only hope).

I have also decided this Kilimanjaro crap has replaced when Mikachu (tm TheView) would disappear to the "South of France" back in the day to explain her many absences.  Seriously, they are just so gross.

• Love 5

After this show in 2014 he got testy, dismissive or downright shitty when she bragged repeated her tale and after awhile she stopped mentioning it. 

Scarborough had just teased Mika with a variation on his running joke of how she vacations in the south of France. Joe jibed that in retaliation for France's sale of warships to Russia, Ukraine notwithstanding, Mika would be imposing personal sanctions on France by cutting back her weekend trips there from 26 to 23 yearly.  In response, Brzezinski described how 25 years ago, the son of the President of Lebanon held her "hostage" in the south of France, took her to porn flicks, and bought her bikinis "with only one piece." 

For good measure, Mika told Scarborough: "you should take me to the south of France, perhaps take me shopping." Odd suggestion for a married woman to make to a recently-divorced man?  A mortified Scarborough laughed in embarrassment over Mika's tale, hiding his head in his hands.

Mika often jokes about her meds. Was she off them this morning?

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2014/03/12/strange-mika-spins-steamy-story-having-been-held-hostage-south

Edited by suomi
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, suomi said:

In response, Brzezinski described how 25 years ago, the son of the President of Lebanon held her "hostage" in the south of France, took her to porn flicks, and bought her bikinis "with only one piece." 

I'm pretty sure if the son of the President of Lebanon was holding the daughter of the US National Security Advisor hostage, there would have been something in the news about it.  You're either free to go, or you're not.  

She is batshit crazy. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2