Jenna Lene

Jacie Veronica

Hanna

Jennifer K

Ashley N

Samantha

Assuming the majority of them make it back...not much room for newbies

(edited)

Mia, Lauren, Olivia, and the one second year vet whose name starts with a C (sorry, drawing a blank here) was on Show Group also.

Edit: Carisa was the two year vet.

Edited by bigskygirl
Has anyone heard how training camp is going?

I just saw on Twitter that the rookie TCCs had uniform fittings yesterday.  

I wonder if Kelli likes Vivian better in her uniform this year.  I thought her abs looked much firmer and her thighs a little trimmer at auditions than she did last season. But I also thought her dance video for auditions this year was kind of sloppy, so I wonder how she's doing in the studio, too.  

I just saw on Twitter that the rookie TCCs had uniform fittings yesterday.  

I wonder if Kelli likes Vivian better in her uniform this year.  I thought her abs looked much firmer and her thighs a little trimmer at auditions than she did last season. But I also thought her dance video for auditions this year was kind of sloppy, so I wonder how she's doing in the studio, too.  

On whose twitter was it posted? I didn't see it

An article on the two former Tampa Bay cheerleaders who are in training camp.  

http://www.dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/articles/behind-the-scenes/a-new-tampa-2/

I kind of think Kelli and Judy would say the brunette has a more "athletic" build.  I remember wishing both their dance audition videos had been better.  A cute story about them so I hope they make it together, but they will have to step up their dancing to make the DCC.  I really hope they do!

Also, I thought it a little strange that the DCC website is featuring an article about two girls who haven't made the squad yet.  I'm guessing these two will be followed on the show--Danielle & Jasmine, take 2--but I hope it's not overdone to the exclusion of all the other rookie candidates.

(edited)

I believe Nicole did make show group before. I think I remember reading somewhere maybe on a blog that Nicole chooses not to try out because of other commitments. 

I do wonder why Katy nor Veronica have ever made show group. 

Edited by DCCFAN71

I don't think Nicole has ever been on SG.  And my guess is that Veronica and Katy are close contenders each year, but lack just a bit of the technical skills and training that some of the SG girls have.  Both girls are really great dancers and charismatic performers, and are two of my favorite cheerleaders.  (I seem to remember Veronica saying in her website video that she started studying dance fairly late as far as dancers go--but I wouldn't swear by this memory.)

I notice her twitter account is down. Kelsey posted on her twitter page about being at practice at 2:00 a.m. I cannot see why Hannah was cut. She was one of the rookie Show Group member last year, and she seems to be a good performer with a good figure and no attitude.

I notice her twitter account is down. Kelsey posted on her twitter page about being at practice at 2:00 a.m. I cannot see why Hannah was cut. She was one of the rookie Show Group member last year, and she seems to be a good performer with a good figure and no attitude.

Maybe an injury?

Quite excited about MTT again, curious what happened with Alex, she is/was one of my favourites! Cannot be weight, she never looked better in my opinion! 

Also shame about Hannah :( I tried to find a new twitter account and instead found her audition video last year:  http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/videos/You-Be-The-Judge-Hannah/0781c1d6-7cca-4ba5-bce1-f70589f901b7 
She is good! Maybe too sexy but that was probably toned down! I hope MTT shares the story. 

Except for Vivian, there has been no girl that screamed 'I want to follow her story!' to me. Did that girl from the broadway musical last year make it into TC this year? 

Bring it On Courtney did not make it to TC. They brought her to TC But I don't really understand why since they claimed not to like her look the previous year...it's not like she can change her face...

I wonder what happens wi Hanna? Maybe she was a partier?

(edited)

I'm really shocked about Hannah too. Maybe she was offered a better opportunity and left on her own. There is no way they would have cut her, she is an amazing dancer and seems to be mature. Kelli and Judy have worked around injuries over the years when other girls have been hurt, like Brooke and Brittney.

I think make overs for the TCCs were today. 

Hannah had the type of talent that Carisa and Olivia have...real trained dancers.

The video that was posted of Hannah up thread has been removed. I really wanted to see it.

Me0w: Do you happen to know the reason Meagan was cut???

Edited by DCCFAN71

I'm so upset about Hannah!  She was one of my favorite rookies, and clearly one of the most talented dancers.  Gorgeous, too, and on camera and Twitter seems like the kind of young lady Kelli and Judy die for as a DCC. She looked on top of her game in the pics from auditions.  I really, really hope MTT addresses all these vets cuts and roster changes!  Specifically, I'd like to see judges' discussion about Courtni, Morgan, Alex, and Tessa, as well as what happened with Hannah.  I certainly hope she is OK, and that nothing bad has happened.

As for Megan getting cut, I'm not surprised.  As I have mentioned earlier, I didn't think she was an especially strong dancer, and while she's in great shape, she does look a little thicker in photos than some of the other TCCs.  I thought she was the weaker of the two Tampa Bay girls.  Does anyone know how many cuts have been made at this point?

(edited)

It will be interesting to see if the other TB girl will make the squad. I always wondered 3 years ago when Jasmine and Danielle both tried out the 1st time what would've happened if one of the two got cut.

I'm also curious (and surprised) as to what happened to Hannah. It seemed like she would've had no problem making it back for her 2nd year. There hasn't been much on twitter about TC. I would imagine the girls are told what they can and cannot post on twitter or facebook. I follow Vivian on twitter and she hasn't posted anything since she made TC.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

If Hannah had an injury Kelli and Judy would have worked with her. They kept other girls on the squad after injuries affected them being able to perform.  Kaitlyn was supposedly not performing and going on performances because of alleged weight gain, and her twitter account was kept open. Hannah is a full time student and a dance instructor/choreographer. I do not know if being a DCC affected her job.

Morgan probably was cut for bad dancing since she barely made the team last year. Alex could have been cut because of weight gain. I thought she looks great. I have no idea why Courtni was cut.

Edited by bigskygirl

In the rookie makeover shots, it looks like Melissa in the left photo. I don't know who the other two are.

Christina looks like the girl in the bottom right shot. Can't figure out the top right gal.

Hannah reminded me of Abigail Klein who was a former DCC

She was the last person I would have expected to get cut but maybe she had a long term injury like the one Rachel had her first year she tried out and made it to TC but had to re audition the next year

I think courti could have possibly had a bad interview and this is the reason she could have been cut

Brooke was on the team for one year when she injured her knee while practicing for Show Group during TC in the second season. She had surgery, and she did not know if she would be allowed to perform that season. Cassie had injuries during her five years on the team, but she still a DCC. If Hannah had a serious injury, she would have been allowed to stay on the team while going through possible surgery and rehab. Kaitlyn still had her twitter page even without performing or doing other DCC related activities. Kelli and Judy would have work with Hannah if she had an injury affecting her being able to be a DCC.

I saw Hanna as a five year vet, group leader, All Star contender...the whole 9 yards. She REALLY stood out to me in terms of dance, in her group of rookies. I can't imagine what happened...

Agreed.  And I agree with others who suggest that it's not an injury.  The practice does seem to be that vets stay on the team for the season if they are injured, which I think is as it should be.  I'm sure they still participate in other kinds of events and appearances while recovering, give extra feedback during practices, etc, so they still contribute actively to the team.  TCCs like Rachel her first year or Tessa last year haven't been vetted as dancers or representatives yet.  So, yeah, Hannah's probably not hurt, physically, at least.  Whatever it is, I hope she is OK in the end, and I feel very badly for her and her teammates, who seemed to love her and must be shaken by this--whatever "this" is.  She appeared to really love being part of the team, is such an amazing dancer, and beautiful and poised young lady, I couldn't help but like and admire her.  I get the Abby K comparison in the blonde-blue-eyed beauty department, but Hannah strikes me as more mature as a person and even better performer than Abby was.  (This is no diss to Abby! Hannah's in her 20s and Abby went to high school prom the night before her first audition.)  

All I'm saying:  We better find out what happened this season!  As I've said more than once, Hannah was one of my favorite rookies last year, so I hope it was nothing scandalous or petty like Chelsea.  She looked so wholesome and family-oriented on Twitter, it's hard to imagine anything crazy. As for how it's addressed on the show, I'm hoping for more of a Courtney version--briefly tell us what's up, nice montage and well wishes.  

I really liked Hannah. She is a wonderful dancer. I saw pics of her at the George Strait concert with Jordan and Jessica and she looked so happy. I wonder what happened. Weight gain?

Very interesting about Hannah! She was in Show Group last year so I highly doubt it was performance related.  It either has to be some type of debilitating injury or illness that will prevent her from performing all year, a "discipline" issue, or she is taking a better opportunity.  I would think that if it were a better opportunity or injury, she post something though :/ I  hope she is okay! She seemed like a nice, mature person!

Brooke had an injury that almost prevented her from preforming all year, but they kept her on the team. Kelli and Judy would be pissed off big time if Hannah left for a better opportunity after TC started because she would have taken a spot for another girl could have had. If she had gain weight, she would have been given a warning to lose the weight. They did that last year with four one year vets. Plus the fact, Kaitlyn still had her twitter account after she was not performing or sent on appearances for alleged weight gain. I remembered reading articles where they would say only 38 girls were on the team instead of 39 after what happened with Kaitlyn last November.

After what happened with Kaitlin LeGrand, Judy and Kelli may be nervous to talk about what really happened with other girls. They took some heat about Kaitlin L., Amy R., and Taylor. I am still pissed off about what happen with TC candidate Amy Caroline (who was in Urgent Care for medical problems related to trying to lose weight to fit into the uniform.) The way she portrayed when she was cut irks the hell out of me. I wondered what would have happen if Cassie or one of the favorite butt kissers were treated the same way. Kelli and Judy would not be happy.

(edited)
I don't remember how they handled that. What did they say about her?

There was no hint on the show that Amy had had any health problems, weight related or otherwise, just a couple mentions from Kelli that she looked bottom heavy in the uniform and her performing wasn't as pleasant to watch as other TCCs.  (I seem to recall that the night Kelsey got called out for her "spastic" dancing and faces, Amy got called out for facials too.)  All this came within about two episodes, with hardly any other camera time for Amy, so the audience had little to go on when she got called into the office to get cut.  The exit interview was incredibly awkward, with strangely timed "yes ma'ams" and Amy just so nervous it was painful to watch.  I don't know if Amy kept it from Kelli & Judy at the time, but I remember her sister posted on the show Facebook page after the episode aired to defend Amy and said she'd been in the hospital the night before cameo shoots and had made herself ill trying to get skinny enough to be on the team.  I definitely think the show played it they way they did for heightened drama, but it did make Amy look so awkward, and it seems to me, unfairly so.  I don't think she was the best dancer, and she definitely had a little junk in the trunk (her figure was great, just curvy like Alex Hermes), and the few times I saw her speak on camera I did find her less comfortable than a lot of the other girls, but even so, she couldn't have been that bad all the time as depicted or she'd never have survived the finals interview.  

I'm guessing that, if they did know, they wouldn't want to air that, because it would highlight the extreme pressures the girls are under about their weight, and reveal that, at least sometimes, some ladies go too far trying to drop weight.  Not exactly ideal PR.  But, especially seeing Amy seem as nervous as she was, I could also imagine that she didn't tell them what was up when it was happening.  I recall TCC Marie a couple years ago got cut in the last week, in part because her kicks and splits were bad, and when she got into Kelli's office was the first time she told them she'd had a leg injury.  So maybe both girls kept their mouths just and were just trying to fly under the radar and not draw extra attention to weaknesses that they knew could get them cut.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 1

Amy was told she had a big butt for the uniform, and she was shown to keep saying "yes ma'm" over and over again when she was called into the office to be cut. Her sister posted on the DCC Making the Team or the DCC Cheerleaders Facebook page that Amy was in Urgent Care the day before cameo photo shoot because she was sick from trying to lose weight to fit into the uniform. She was very nervous when she was called into the office, and she was in there longer in the office than what was shown, and it was heavily edited. I love how her sister called Judy and Kelli out on it. Of course, it would not make the DCC organization look good if it came out that a TC candidate was using dangerous weight loss methods to become a DCC.

(edited)

Speaking of Amy, she made training camp for the  R & B dancers. Did they announce the squad yet?

I saw pictures of Amy when she was an Ice angel and she looked good in their uniform which is kind of skimpy too. I think Kelli just didn't like her and found a reason to get rid of her.

Edited by MrsEVH
(edited)

Thanks for the info on Amy. I would've blamed some of that on bad editing, but I believe Kelli has control over that, so it's all her.

I thought I remembered reading on TWOP that before the CMT show, just about everyone who made it to training camp made it onto the team. There were very few cuts. Then when the show came around, the started expanding the number of girls they brought in to TC, specifically so they could have a good number of cuts. Now, as with all things DCC, they've been doing this for a number of years, and it has become wrapped up in all the DCC "tradition" and mystique. So even when the show is long over, they will continue to bring large numbers into training camp because it feeds into the organization's arrogance about being ultra-exclusive and because they've realized they CAN do this, and hundreds of girls will still audition, so why not? Kelli would never go back to a world where everyone who makes it to camp makes it onto the team (Even though she and Judy never had to go through TC themselves) because it would lead to training camp members assuming they'll make the team and feeling almost entitled to it and that's one thing Kelli can't abide. I've noticed the same thing with the veterans. It used to be that veterans almost always made it back, but they've cut more and more of them over the past few years.

Speaking of which, I'm looking at this picture of Alex. Her stomach is as flat as can be (especially here), but her bottom half does look out of proportion with her top half. I don't know if she was always this thick, but she's not flabby, so what's the big deal? Make her a new pair of shorts and keep it moving. Assuming, that is, that weight was the reason for the cut.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

They positively commented on Alex's bottom during her first uniform fitting. So they seemed okay wih it then. However, Kitty did call her out as a weight gain vet (I'm pretty sure) even though she didn't get called into the office with the 4 or 5 girls who didn't get new composites.

She also got called out in Season 8, I think during the first game practice, for dancing weaker than the rookies.

Overall, though, I loved Alex and I'm really sad she is gone.