Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

Amell plays the lead character, and when he’s not on the set firing arrows at bad guys and doing the Dawson/Joey thing with Felicity (if you need to stop reading and go watch the show, I’d understand)

HELL NO. Oliver is Joey, Felicity is Pacey, Laurel is Dawson, thank you very much. Humpf.

• Love 13

HELL NO. Oliver is Joey, Felicity is Pacey, Laurel is Dawson, thank you very much. Humpf.

Really questionable journalism there. Oliver is no Dawson. He's Joey all the way. Let's face it the show should have been called Joey's Creek. FS is of course his Pacey and LL there to be his Dawson. It was fun to see something remind me of the discussion we all had awhile back comparing Dawson Creek & Arrow.

Another piece from the SA/Arrow fan club at moviepilot.com . . .

Why Stephen Amell's Green Arrow Should Be In The Justice League Movie (Chad Langen, moviepilot.com)

. . . Since day one, The CW’s Arrow has more or less been exceptionally plausible. I absolutely love the approach the creators have taken. In some aspects, it’s very much like Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy. It’s realistic, it’s gritty, and a majority of the time, it’s surprisingly captivating. With those things in mind, it’s not hard to see Arrow, or the Green Arrow if you will, existing in Nolan’s universe . . .

. . . I’ll be honest, the Green Arrow was never one of my favorite heroes. The character just wasn’t all that appealing to me. He came off as a Batman wannabe, and nobody likes a copycat. The CW’s Arrow, however, has totally changed my perspective. Not only have they created a bad ass vigilante, but they’ve carefully constructed a back story that has given the character some serious depth, far more than a playboy billionaire looking for thrills. And this isn’t a character that can be played by just any rugged, square-jawed hunk (yes, I said hunk). They need someone convincing enough to portray a spoiled-brat-turned-broken-soul-turned-mother-f**king-bad-ass-vigilante. And folks, Stephen Amell does it so naturally that’s it’s almost sickening. Seriously, this guy is a f**cking beast. He’d be a perfect addition to the Justice League movie.

You want more honesty? I’d honestly rather see Green Arrow Vs. Superman than Batman Vs. Superman. Hey, I’m being honest here, and I don’t think I’m alone. With that said, the least Warner Bros. could do is give Stephen Amell and his Green Arrow a part in the Justice League film. They wouldn’t even have to alter his costume one bit considering it already looks sleek as hell. Seriously, it’s one of the coolest superhero costumes I’ve ever seen. Plus, Warner Bros. owns The CW which owns the rights to Arrow. Warner Bros. is also the studio behind the Justice League movie. It’s a no-f**king-brainer! . . .

• Love 3

Yeah, Felicity's not dying. If she does she'll be LP'd. 

Despite the EP's saying they are willing to kill anybody, they know where the fans are coming from. Felicity is their golden ticket and they know it that's why she's used to prop up every character. If she dies it won't last, like Merlyn said in season 2 "Death is an illusion"

• Love 3

Kill Felicity = kill the show. I know a lot of people don't believe that to be true but she has such an effect on Oliver and the dynamic of the show, it would be ruined forever with her gone. 

• Love 9

Felicity Smoak is not dying this season. There is nothing that indicates that she would be the one killed other than journalists who seem to not watch the show and pick at the easiest of characters to identify for deathwatch. There area far more convenient plot choices & characters to kill that still have impact on OQ/Arrow. And if she was to die, at the rate the plot is going it would be the ATOM that would revive her and we all know that even though they are jamming ATOM into Arrow, there is no way they are going as far as having FS be resurrected by the co-lead of a yet to be filmed spin-off. Plus I doubt SA would tout a favorite Olicity scene in 320 if his acting partner was not even breathing in the scene, he tends to like a little more interaction in his fav scenes in the past.

How TV heroes are using fandom to fight mental illness (Isha Aran, Fusion.net)

. . . Enter Stephen Amell. The star of the CW’s Arrow—the TV adaptation of the DC Comics vigilante hero the Green Arrow—doesn’t have as monstrous a Tumblr following as Cumberbatch, but he’s harnessed his celebrity to begin to create this new model of fan-fueled activism. Instead of keeping his activism and his fandom separate, Amell actively engages them on Facebook, asking fans to join his cause.

In January, Amell launched the Sinceriously campaign, in which he made up a word (“Sinceriously”), canvassed his fans to define it, and sold T-shirts featuring the word and fan-created definition. Proceeds were donated to two mental health charities—Stand for the Silent, an anti-bullying and teenage suicide prevention organization, and Paws and Stripes, which helps veterans with PTSD—that were also nominated by fans.

In his first Sinceriously campaign, Amell sold around 24,000 shirts. After deciding to re-launch the campaign (adding different shirt styles and a tote bag) for 48 hours about a month after the original campaign ended, he sold over 20,000 more.

Then came Jared Padalecki. It was actually Amell who convinced the former Gilmore Girls star to get into the charity game. Amell told Padalecki that it was “remarkable how supportive the fans are and how much money and awareness they’re able to raise for these great causes,” People reported . . .

• Love 5

A bit more on SA's video for Nataly . . .

Arrow Star Stephen Amell Surprises Kid For Her Birthday Party (comicbook.com)

Stephen Amell couldn't make it out of Vancouver to surprise a young Arrow fan at her birthday party, so he did the next best thing: created a special video message to be played for the children in attendance.

The party was for a young girl named Nataly, who turned 12 and had an Arrow-themed party. Her mother sent the invitation to Amell via Facebook last week with the caption, "My soon to be 12 year old asked for an Arrow themed party. Since she's such a great kid, she'll be getting an Arrow themed party. Starting off with an awesome invitation."

N74UkQW.jpg

• Love 6

TV ships of the week: The best from 'The Flash,' 'iZombie,' 'Arrow' and more
By Laura Byrne-Cristiano, Hypable  Mar 23rd, 2015
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/tv_ships_of_the_week_the_best_from_the_flash_izombie_arrow_and_more-2015-03

'Arrow' -- Olicity

Passengers: Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak

Sunset Cruise: It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong, and an even bigger man to say thank you. As Oliver says "You know me. I don't dance. But I do occasionally say... thank you." followed by, "And you were right." I mean the dancing would have been nice, but you can't have everything.

Ship Status: Well, can we say making repairs to the hull? These two may not have exactly left port, but cruises have been launched on less than this. It's a start. One things for sure, these two haven't lost their snarky chemistry.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

This is an interesting article (how often do you see AJ and EBR in the same sentence?)...

Why Can't Hollywood Do Hacking Right?
Mweyer  Saturday 8:25pm
http://whitenoise.gizmodo.com/why-cant-hollywood-do-hacking-right-1692890875

Which leads to a sad but true fact for so many of us: Very, very, very few hacking-genius females actually look like Angelina Jolie or Emily Bett Rickards. Yes, we'd love it if it were so but no, they look as normal as any other woman, not so much the multi-colored hair or wild outfits.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
TV ships of the week: The best from 'The Flash,' 'iZombie,' 'Arrow' and more

By Laura Byrne-Cristiano, Hypable  Mar 23rd, 2015

Seriously? They've picked the heroine AND HER ANNOYING ROOMATE from iZombie? What the hell, that was, like, totally random! That's especially noticeable because all the other pairings were actually canon for their shows.

• Love 2

Seriously? They've picked the heroine AND HER ANNOYING ROOMATE from iZombie? What the hell, that was, like, totally random! That's especially noticeable because all the other pairings were actually canon for their shows.

I saw that too and was like "Wha?" Unless they saw more episodes I don't see how Liv and whatsherface are even included on that list of at least semi established couples from only seeing the pilot episode. 

• Love 1

This is an interesting article (how often do you see AJ and EBR in the same sentence?)...

I'm going to take that as validation of this show and the character of Felicity Smoak, and hope they never kill her off.

• Love 1

More from TV Line, questions and answers:

20 | Did you fall over with shock when Arrow‘s Oliver and Felicity had an actual, honest conversation that didn’t end in soul-crushing disappointment? Meanwhile, TVLine reader Gordon Rick wonders: “Ra’s Al Guhl is talking to Oliver and pronounces his own name as ‘Raysh.’ The very next sentence, Oliver calls him ‘Rawz.’ Why can’t they settle on a pronunciation and stick with it?”

• Love 4

That Examiner review - Laura Hurley nails it on the head... again:

After last week’s phenomenally entertaining “The Offer” saw Arrow picking up the slack after a series of lackluster ventures, many fans were hopeful that “Suicidal Tendencies” could build on that momentum and take the show back to a place where it wasn’t so…cringeworthy. Unfortunately, instead of running the same circuit that had resulted in such an exhilarating entry, “Suicidal Tendencies” went out of its way to stumble into all of the pitfalls that the show avoided last week....
Felicity really needed the room to emotionally justify her reactions... She simply hasn’t had the time or opportunity to explain herself, and so much of the sympathy generated for her situation aligns with the other characters. As the pinnacle of a love triangle that should not exist, the Felicity who had asserted herself as a unique character in the narrative has been buried under an avalanche of manufactured plot.

This episode proved more than any others just how awful a love triangle Arrow has contrived in Season 3... Where’s the suspense in an ultimatum of riding out the emotional storm with the stoic Oliver Queen or spending her days apologizing to Dr. Creepy McStalker? Short of some amazing writing to salvage the plot or Felicity pulling a Kelly Taylor and choosing herself, none of the characters involved will emerge looking very good.

“Characters” meaning Oliver and Felicity. Ray hasn’t actually developed into enough of a multidimensional entity to earn an equal status to either of them... Still, the reality that the first major act that Ray Palmer undertook with his nuance was to shame Felicity for keeping a closely-guarded secret after being in his confidence for a relatively short amount of time paints him in a seriously troubling light. Felicity was entirely reactive throughout his emotional manipulation, and even his obligatory apology at the end was rendered less heartfelt by the oh-so-slightly withheld graciousness with which he accepted her request to be his partner once more.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 11

This reviewer is normally 'meh' to me, but he makes some good points this time...

‘Arrow’ Review: ‘Suicidal Tendencies’
Kevin Fitzpatrick | 10 hours ago
http://screencrush.com/arrow-review-suicidal-tendencies/

Considering how under-utilized Felicity’s independent streak has seemed all season, it was nice to see her standing up to both heroes, simultaneously feeling the weight of having inadvertently pit them against one another.

• Seriously, did Brandon Routh have pinkeye?
  • Double seriously, did anyone check on Roy?
  • At least Ray pointed out that the Arrow not having killed anyone for years wouldn’t undo his murderous past. One wonders if the show ever really plans on Oliver atoning for those.
  • Billing the hour as a Suicide Squad return would have worked much more effectively with an actual focus on the team itself, and with more members than tonight’s skeleton crew.
  • Considering the suit runs off her software, wouldn’t Felicity find it reasonably easy to impede Ray from attacking Oliver?
  • Deadshot never even got to share any further H.I.V.E. insight, so I’d be shocked if we’ve seen the last of him.
Edited by tv echo

Another reviewer that I'm normally 'meh' about also makes some good points, imo (what does that say about this latest episode?)...

Arrow: Suicidal Tendencies review
Review Mike Cecchini 3/25/2015 at 9:41PM
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/arrow/244948/arrow-suicidal-tendencies-review

Season three took awhile to get going, has hit some real home runs, but has mostly spent episode after episode studiously restoring a season one status quo. It's not only frustrating, it's ridiculous.

The fact that Ra's al Ghul, one of the most badass villains in badass villaindom, has resorted to dressing up like his enemy to turn the public against him is such an inexcusably lazy piece of writing that it almost undoes all the good work Matt Nable has done with the character, and all of the interesting little tweaks we've seen to the Ra's legend. For real, Arrow? You bring in one of the most memorable supervillains of the last forty years and this is his grand plan? Get the hell out of here with that nonsense.

Ray Palmer came off like he was legitimately unhinged this week. His sudden/immediate crusade against the Arrow felt out of character, his absolute disregard for Felicity (and the potential ramifications of a talk like that) were similarly out of left field, and it looked like Brandon Routh was suffering from a case of conjunctivitis in a few scenes, which added to his manic look. Nothing that Ray has done all season long seemed to warrant this kind of half-cocked stupidity, and it was all done in order to set up a cheap "hero fights hero" sequence...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

This reviewer is apparently subbing in for the regular TV.com reviewer this week (good job)...

Arrow "Suicidal Tendencies" Review: Diggle's (Not So) Big Day
By Kaitlin Thomas 7 hours ago
http://www.tv.com/shows/arrow/community/post/arrow-season-3-episode-17-suicidal-tendencies-review-142724608034/

How is it possible that Diggle wasn't even the star of his own episode?...

The question of whether it's possible to be a hero and a functioning human being with a heart who's capable of normal relationships has been the main theme of Arrow's third season, and it's a fairly familiar trope at this point. Personally, I'm over it, because eventually the hero always ends up realizing they've deprived themselves of happiness and a heart for nothing because it was all bullsh*t. It's those personal connections that keep heroes from becoming the bad guys. Still, that didn't stop "Suicidal Tendencies" from pulling that thread by showing how characters like Diggle and Deadshot cope (or don't cope) with some variation of that.
...  I'm not sure Arrow could survive with less Diggle than it has right now. He's been sidelined an awful lot this season, which is a shame, but also understandable. However, I would also argue that he's been successfully compartmentalizing his two lives all season long and Ollie could stand to learn a thing or two from his best friend. He might be a bit more removed from the action of late, and I know Ollie's job as the Arrow is a bit more serious than Diggle's is as his backup, but he IS proof that you can be heroic and still be a human being if you so choose.

I've never really taken to Ray's character, but he WAS being a mega-douche this week, right? That wasn't just me projecting my feelings on to him? He finally discovered Oliver's secret after using x-ray technology and Felicity's facial recognition software, and was then really, really mad that Felicity didn't tell him Oliver's secret. Like, for real, bro? You think because you're dating her she has to share a secret that isn't even hers to tell? Oh, and you take issue with "the Arrow" killing people but you're perfectly comfortable blasting Roy (by the way, is Roy all right? No one even bothered to check on him)?

Ray was acting exactly like Oliver for a good chunk of this episode, and the worst part is that Ray only realized he was being hypocritical when Oliver, of all people, pointed it out. The same Oliver who also freaked out on Felicity because she didn't tell him that Ray was making a supersuit. He later urged Ray to trust Felicity and fix their fragile relationship, which is why it's so frustrating to watch Oliver deprive himself of personal connections and relationships. If he couldn't recognize these problems in other people, it would be one thing, but he ordered Diggle to be with his family and he gives everyone else advice, and yet he won't do the same for himself. I guess if Ray really is supposed to be the opposite of Oliver, it makes sense he would choose the personal happiness over the heroic.
– Why did it matter that Ray was the last-minute minister for the wedding? WE GET IT, SHOW. RAY IS SOOOOOOO GREAT.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

The eagerly awaited Vulture review by Jenny Raftery (I love her headlines)...

Arrow Recap: Say Yes to the Mess
By Jenny Raftery   March 26, 2015  9:00 a.m
http://www.vulture.com/2015/03/arrow-recap-season-3-episode-17.html

When Felicity insists that she knows Oliver better than anyone, Ray catches on to what’s really going on: Felicity has feelings for Oliver. “Yes,” she says. “I mean, no, no … I did.” (Bet she wishes she got her lips sewn shut now.) ...
Meanwhile, Felicity heads straight to the foundry to tell Oliver the bad news. In typical Felicity fashion, she lets it all out at once in a long, panicky babble. Stephen Amell’s reaction as Oliver processes Felicity’s news is bested only by his head snap to Roy, who thinks the fact that Ray has a supersuit is awesome. Seriously, if the Emmys had an award for Best GIF-able Reaction Face, Amell would take it each year, hands down. He can move emotional mountains with a single eye twitch.
I can’t quite make sense of where Oliver’s head is at with respect to Felicity; maybe that’s the point. In an earlier scene, Oliver tells Felicity he’s worried that Ray, as the A.T.O.M., is “untrained” and “unstable,” and that she deserves someone better (i.e. “normal”). Felicity states that she deserves “to be with someone who isn’t afraid of being happy” (amen), and that Ray can be “both a hero and a human being” (ouch). Oliver disagrees and reminds her, “I told you I couldn’t be with you and save the city.” So Ray should trust that Felicity chose him, but that same logic doesn’t apply to Oliver? Confusing matters more, Oliver later gets the goofiest little grin after Felicity gives him a sweet peck on the cheek. I am trying to read the Stephen Amell Reaction Face tea leaves and failing miserably.
MISSING THE MARK
• Worst line of the episode: “You’d like that wouldn’t you?” —Felicity to Oliver, suggesting that Oliver would prefer that Ray die. It was too out-of-left-,field. I mean Oliver loves her, yes, but would he want Ray to die because of it?
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

jbuffyangel's very long and detailed review of "Suicidal Tendencies" (this whole thing is worth reading)....

A MATTER OF TRUST: SUICIDAL TENDENCIES ARROW 3X17 REVIEW
http://jbuffyangel.tumblr.com/post/114666931293/a-matter-of-trust-suicidal-tendencies-arrow-3x17

I am a Whedon girl. Born and raised in the fires of shipper hell.  Whedonites love us some PAIN and this episode was chalk food of all that goodness.  I’m talking BANGEL level goodness. We aren’t at sword in chest level thank god, but I’m thinking good old fashioned sewer talk was about where Arrow tapped out tonight. Love me some sewer talk. The key to Whedon writing is understanding what is underneath the pain…TRUTH. It’s really important to understand that because the Arrow writers’ alma mater is Whedon University. The college of Fuck You Over But Make You Love It. That’s their slogan. I promise. There are pamphlets and everything.

I want you to remember one very important key phrase. Baby Steps. Let’s dig in…

Edited by tv echo

Another 'Pointed Commentary' from Matt D. Wilson at Comics Alliance...

‘Arrow’ Season 3 Recap, Episode 17: ‘Suicidal Tendencies’
by Matt D. Wilson March 26, 2015 10:00 AM
http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-season-3-recap-episode-17-suicidal-tendencies/

... Palmer, who happens to be a minister for some reason, volunteers for the job.  He's terrible at it. He makes the whole ceremony about himself, cracking jokes about how he barely knows the bride and groom, and how them writing their own vows means less work for him. It's how I'd imagine Marc Maron officiating a wedding. Just self-involved as hell.
Palmer figures out pretty quickly that Laurel's protecting Ollie, because she, with her broken wrist, is Canary. Then why'd you go to her to begin with, you weirdo? You're just wasting time.
Then Arrow dramatically walks away leaving an incredibly injured Roy just laying on the ground. It's like he (and the writers) forgot he was there at all. And he just said a few minutes ago that the whole fake Arrow case was too dangerous, anyway!
Smoak catches the bouquet at the wedding. I hope she marries someone from another TV show. Someone from NCIS, maybe? Are they nice?
And hey: This episode at least had a strong theme about how people who put their lives on the line to protect others have a difficult relationship with love.

That said, I don't know that the softening of Deadshot really helped much. This season has weirdly gone out of its way to rehab villains who were introduced in season one, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because Ollie was a murderer then too?

It certainly puts the whole thrust of the "Arrow is a killer again" plot into a different light. Like, OK, he's not killing now. He still killed lots of people two years ago. There's no statute of limitations on that, but people are just forgiving it. I guess Deadshot is just getting the same treatment.

Edited by tv echo

The eagerly awaited Robert Dougherty review of "Suicidal Tendencies"...

Arrow S3: E17 -- 'Suicidal Tendencies'

By Robert Dougherty March 26, 2015 10:15AM EDT

http://www.themovienetwork.com/review/arrow-s3-e17-suicidal-tendencies

While Arrow is still called Arrow, fans have often wondered if this season should really be called Atom or Black Canary. In the case of this week’s episode, Suicidal Tendencies, half of it has the Arrow guest starring on a very special Atom. The other half is a special episode of Suicide Squad, guest starring newlyweds Diggle and Lyla. But there is a common link between these two rather different stories, albeit a depressing one.
... But when it comes to this season, Floyd’s tale serves as merely the latest example of Season Three’s great ideological civil war – superheroics vs family.
On the even more amateurish love triangle front, Ray and Felicity have their first serious cracks after Ray finds out a few secrets, so that bodes well. Yet of course, the bigger cracks come in a scene between Oliver and Felicity, proving as expected that last week’s The Offer was kind of a fluke. For all of Oliver’s statements that Felicity deserves a normal life, he continues to not take into account that this isn’t what Felicity wants at all – and the writers continue not to seriously challenge Oliver’s belief that saving the city and having love can’t be done, especially with him.
But the longer they fail to at least start having Oliver understand that there is another way, and that what Felicity truly wants matters more than his assumptions of what she needs and his own fear, the more risk they run of having our deliverance be rushed and unconvincing instead of a joyous sigh of relief. And if they’re still better at planting seeds for next season than plausibly planting seeds for some sweet relief this season, then will that relief really end up being worth it after all – even when it really needs to be in order to even start justifying what everyone has been through?
Edited by tv echo

I totally agree with Robert Dougherty. I'm at a loss as to what will actually puncture Oliver's belief that what he deems makes Felicity happy is so. Why is it so difficult for him to grasp that she wants her own happiness, not happiness he says is good?

It's extremely off putting. I don't have a problem with Oliver dwelling in his own manpain, but when he makes it his business to ensure others know his philosophies it is so outrageous. When he told Barry Allen the hero doesn't get the girl, you felt sorry for him. When he tells Felicity she and Ray won't work out because they didn't work out it's arrogance and stupidity.

I know he means well, but I don't know what will break this impenetrable wall.

• Love 3

Entertainment Weekly (EW) has more of a recap than a review...

Arrow  Ep. 17 | Aired Mar 25 'Suicidal Tendencies'
BY JONATHON DORNBUSH  Posted March 25 2015 — 9:39 AM EDT
http://www.ew.com/recap/arrow-season-3-episode-17

Also, I came across this tweet by Natalie Abrams (Senior Writer for EW) at https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams

Natalie Abrams @NatalieAbrams  ·  15h 15 hours ago
Realizing more and more how much I really don’t like Ray Palmer… #Arrow
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I'm sorry, I know she's the oracle of the Arrow fandom, but I'm physically incapable of agreeing with anything jbuffyangel says because she 'shipped Buffy/Angel and NOPE NOPE NOPE NOTP. I cannot get past that because EW.

• Love 6
... Palmer, who happens to be a minister for some reason, volunteers for the job.  He's terrible at it. He makes the whole ceremony about himself, cracking jokes about how he barely knows the bride and groom, and how them writing their own vows means less work for him. It's how I'd imagine Marc Maron officiating a wedding. Just self-involved as hell.

Ugh. I am so glad I decided to stop watching this crap. Ray seems like the biggest fucking tool this show has ever had (and that's saying something, when sister-swapping Oliver and implied-date-raping Tommy are considered 'good' guys). The biggest day of someone else's life, and you make it about you? Remember when I said Oliver should fire an arrow up the suit's exhaust? Scratch that. He should have fired a dozen up Ray's exhaust.

Can the writers really not see how their desperation for Ray to succeed comes across? Everything I read about him tells me that they might as well have just called him Poochy, and been done with it. It seems like almost no reviewers like him, the warmest reaction I've seen from fans is, 'eh, he's not that bad'. So many people involved in the making of Arrow deserve to lose their jobs for this complete ego-trip, vanity project character.

But given that Felicity and everyone else apparently forgive Ray his abhorrent behaviour, I guess the writers really just do not see what it is they're putting on the screen.

• Love 9

Unlike what happened with Sleepy Hollow. the are doing well in the ratings, so they don't think they have a problem. They think they are writing compelling television right now. I was on comics based board and they loved this episode for the comicey stuff. I suppose they know what their main audience wants and are giving it to them. 

Plotwise and characterwise this show is a mess right now. Everything is being written episode to episode with no follow though. From what I've seen of the reviews this season compared to last season's rave reviews, the reviewers are being generous with their praise, while also saying they are disappointed with this season. None of them seem overly thrilled with the direction the show is going in. I do wonder if a great finale will be able to change anyone's mind at this point. It seems fans are either meh with this season or they love it. 

• Love 6

I'm sorry, I know she's the oracle of the Arrow fandom, but I'm physically incapable of agreeing with anything jbuffyangel says because she 'shipped Buffy/Angel and NOPE NOPE NOPE NOTP. I cannot get past that because EW.

Beyond the B/A shipper aspect, I can't her seriously, since so much of her analysis has been proven false but she still keeps coming up with these elaborate thesis on why people are watching the show wrong and Olicty shippers lap it up like gospel.

• Love 15

I think Olicity shippers go to jbuffyangel because she is so confident with the whole destiny/endgame. I can't take it seriously because I'm 100% postive the writers have not put that much thought into things.

• Love 16

This episode is being ripped to shreds, thank god

I enjoy reading jbuffyangel's stuff because her optimism usually calms me down from being ridiculously upset with an episode. I don't take her seriously though because she /does/ make rather sweeping statements. 

• Love 5

Beyond the B/A shipper aspect, I can't her seriously, since so much of her analysis has been proven false but she still keeps coming up with these elaborate thesis on why people are watching the show wrong and Olicty shippers lap it up like gospel.

Yeah. I think I have a little bit of a tone problem too -- which is on me, not on her -- but she seems to write from a ~voice of experience~ place, that I don't buy because I was in Buffy fandom and every other Whedon fandom EVER, same as her. And I honestly don't see how comparing Arrow to anything Whedon does Arrow any good whatsoever.

• Love 14