Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Photo recap from prattscrhis:

http://prattschris.tumblr.com/post/111519273935

Now the entire fandom can agree on two things:

• That DJ was such a douchebag
  • And that photo was creepy as hell

tumblr_inline_nk1q0aQs6K1qcrnv9.jpg

Someone said Oliver looked like Dexter (as in TV serial killer Dexter) and I totally agree. It's so funny that the fandom just seems to be noticing this. This photo's been used many times before, if I remember correctly. Although I guess this is the first time he was referred to as cute, LOL!

• Love 1

Someone said Oliver looked like Dexter (as in TV serial killer Dexter) and I totally agree. It's so funny that the fandom just seems to be noticing this. This photo's been used many times before, if I remember correctly. Although I guess this is the first time he was referred to as cute, LOL!

oh mannnnnn, I hope people use this photo on meme monday and post it on Stephen's FB page. Because he needs to know just how creepy it is. HE NEEDS TO KNOW DAMMIT

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

I was just thinking that Oliver is looking like a serial killer in that picture, and then my mind leapt to Dexter :)

oh no, the fandom most definitely noticed this before.

I actually think he looks like Christian Bale in American Psycho. I feel like Stephen was aiming at pissed off teenager who really doesn't want to have his pic taken but.. well intention vs. reality

• Love 2

It's nice to know that even Stephen Amell can take a bad picture. Stars - they're just like us.

The picture is so bad that I keep going back and forth between it and SA current pictures, half sure it can't be the same person. The nose, the chin, those eyes! All wrong and messed up.

• Love 1

The picture is so bad that I keep going back and forth between it and SA current pictures, half sure it can't be the same person. The nose, the chin, those eyes! All wrong and messed up.

I believe it was heavily Photoshopped to make Oliver look younger.

But young Amell did look similar... sort of:

11162217_gal.jpg

It's the lack of stubble. SA needs his stubble :) Also he was going for douche look and got serial killer instead. 

Indeed. I've never seen hair have SUCH an effect on whether or not someone looks like a douchebag. SA definitely needs the shorter hair and stubble. 

• Love 1

Indeed. I've never seen hair have SUCH an effect on whether or not someone looks like a douchebag. SA definitely needs the shorter hair and stubble.

It's probably why I'm so cheesed off at the pictures of

Ray with stubble.

Damn you Ray. Must you have everything!!!

Edited by Limbo
  • Love 4

It's probably why I'm so cheesed off at the pictures of

Ray with stubble.

Damn you Ray. Must you have everything!!!

Lol, Ray really is single white maleing Oliver. Next he'll be dying his hair blonde.

• Love 2

Oliver seriously looks like the type of guy that you should not accept a drink from at a party in that photo.

Maybe Felicity was actually referring to Robert.

Well that would change my whole entire perspective on the scene... I hated that "cute" line, but the pic they used was a million times worse. I mean Moira/prop dept couldn't find a better pic of SA to even photocrop on that. Who would keep that pic in a frame??? Meanwhile Robert was very attractive. And she did seem a little babbly over his death years later. She also originally was Walter's girl, well not his "girl". Aint no crime in appreciating attractive older men. Just wait til she heads over to the Flash and hopefully sees victor garber :)

• Love 7

You've heard of those face-stretching tabs they'll use on actors to get rid of wrinkles and make them look younger for flashback scenes? There must, must, have been something like that involved there, right? Or, yeah, very bad photoshop, which is weird.

And I love the idea of Felicity being into older guys, and I'm having fun retconning it in my head: she's just been showing a friendly affection and appreciation for Oliver and his physical capabilities. This season, she's been going along with him on the whole dating/romance thing, because sure, he's nice enough, and after he showed he doesn't actually plan to be with her, she's been trying, awkwardly, to shake him off without actually having to embarrass him by admitting she's not into him. Ooh, and she really could end up with Ronnie/Firestorm's dad and and up his step mom like in the comics! Or they can take some creative license on The Flash and kill off Clarissa so she can hook up with Victor Garber's character!

This is amusing me way too much.

Edited by Ang
  • Love 1

Does anyone have a tip about where I might find a beta reader?  After a long dry spell, I've finally written a short fanfic for 'Arrow,' but I'd like a second pair of eyes before posting for public consumption.

Does anyone have a tip about where I might find a beta reader?  After a long dry spell, I've finally written a short fanfic for 'Arrow,' but I'd like a second pair of eyes before posting for public consumption.

Fanfiction.net has betas, I believe to become one you have to have published a certain amount of words/works. I took a look and here's the list of the available Arrow beta readers. I think a good idea would be to look through some of the Arrow fics you have enjoyed and see if any of those authors are on the list of beta readers? 

(Serenadreams is a pretty popular fic author in the fandom and is also a beta reader.)

Edited by HighHopes

^ I particularly love Sara tossing the $100 bills around and the little alien guy off to the right.  

For me it's *Roy's awestruck face as he gazes across the endless starry sky.

*Barry's

Edited by lion10

tumblr_inline_nkav0gdj4w1qb0kxc.jpg I died laughing.

Oh man, me too! I also loved the one before it, with Felicity's, "Then again, pretty boys with questionable judgement is kind of my wheelhouse." So fabulous.
  • Love 1

I'm so lost in a fanfic that involves an Oliver that makes sense that when I watch the show and see what Oliver does it. Does. Not. Compute.

lmaooooooo which one? You know Arrow is in the crapper when fanfics make more sense than the actual show. 

• Love 1

As funny as this is, I think there's some truth to it! I mean, I'm pretty sure Oliver will find out about Ray and Felicity which will spur his decision to become Ra's only for Digg to talk him out of it? IDK

tumblr_inline_nkg1mxo2cV1qcrnv9.jpg

Aw! All I want in life is some indication that he actually would talk to her, ever, about anything, rather than tolerating and occasionally listening to her unsolicited opinions.

• Love 1

From the Spinoff? Arrow & The Flash? Maybe? Discuss Here thread

quarks, on 01 Mar 2015 - 10:54 AM, said:

Felicity hasn't made out with Batman yet! Or Wonder Woman! Or any of the Green Lanterns, straight or gay! There's a very long Justice League list yet to go.

We probably won't see any of that on screen, but fanfic is there to fulfill wishes:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1810720/chapters/3885838 (Still Waters and Quiet Men by Lademonessa)

Wonderfully long story focused on Felicity and her journey. Drama, smashing dialogue, humour, romance, sexy angst and snark, Sara! This fic has it all. The author has done a terrific amount of research into the DC Comics world and incorporated a whole host of characters.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3245807 and http://archiveofourown.org/works/3448379 (First Monday and Last Saturday by TeaWithLemon)

AU future fic featuring Felicity, Team Flash and Bruce Wayne. Creative and engaging must-read stories.

All stories on AO3 by Ellabee15. The latest one takes place on Earth and Asgard.

So I was at work overnight and Bruno Mars song "When I was your man" played. I was like here it is OQ's theme song for season 3b. Gosh, I wish I knew how to make fanvids, cuz the song is spot on. Well except line (***), that one is not as accurate considering we're talking about OQ. And considering we have a wedding coming up, it might even forecast the future dance of Raylicity.

Here are the lyrics:

Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man Lyrics

Same bed but it feels just
A little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio
But it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you
All it does is just tear me down
Cause my heart breaks a little
When I hear your name
It all just sounds like (oooooh)

Mmm too young too dumb to realize