Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

On 10/15/2017 at 3:22 AM, bijoux said:

Short, but very satisfying post-island ficlet.

http://machawicket.tumblr.com/post/166403884577/i-guess-this-is-some-sort-of-post-ep-fic-for-6x01

If you guys have come across others of the sort, I'd appreciate links.

Mintsea wrote (Something) Just Like This, Oliver and Felicity try to have a moment together after the island.

BstnStrg13 has finished her Arrow/Lucifer crossover Girl's Night Out Therapy.  Wedding plans.

• Love 1

So, having resigned myself to the sad truth of my hard and bitter heart being unnaturally charmed by tutor-Felicity and adoring-daddy-Oliver... Does anyone have some quality Oliver-as-Father, Felicity-as-governess/nanny/tutor fic to recommend?  Bonus points if it is a historical AU.  William not a necessary part of the "equation" (as yet, cursed emotions).

38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Look at how long William's legs are under the table. I'm telling you, he's taller than Felicity now.

Ha, well

Spoiler

In those 607 pics she's just barely taller than him...in heels, so probably so

but yeah, they were already doing camera tricks to hide it (the angles and shots they filmed while they were sitting down were filmed in a way that made EBR look taller/"bigger"/older and JM "smaller"/younger and he never stood up the entire scene) and we're only on 603. Kind of makes me wonder what they'll do in a shot when they actually have to stand next to each other or what they might do if they bring WH in in a scene (since they already do tricks to make EBR look older/taller than WH already) next to them.

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Awww thanks ladies!!!!!

@SmallScreenDiva Shameless plug! You need to read the Crossover fic!!! Ray does a lot of cute stuff in it! We Belong Together

I love that boy! Still can't find him a wife! *sigh* 

Um, after reading We Belong Together it seems like you're considering Mick as an option.  I think Ray could make him very happy. ;)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Awww thanks ladies!!!!!

@SmallScreenDiva Shameless plug! You need to read the Crossover fic!!! Ray does a lot of cute stuff in it! We Belong Together

I love that boy! Still can't find him a wife! *sigh* 

I think there could a lot of comedy to mine if Ray ended up as Myson's stepdad but that's getting too close to wife/husband swapping for comfort. 

Edited by leopardprint
9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think there could a lot of comedy to mine if Ray ended up as Myson's stepdad but that's getting too close to wife/husband swapping for comfort. 

I am a fan trying to give him a nice life in one story!!! Lol where did I say I wanted to punish him???

I'd marry him off to Laurel or IdiotSamantha if I had deep seated Ray hatred! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Upon reflection, I realize you mean putting Ray and Samantha together, but at first I read that as Ray would become Myson’s stepdad by marrying Oliver. Which would be hilarious. 

Now I want to know if there’s a fic out there where Ray is the adorably awkward IT guy Oliver went to for help with Deadshot’s laptop and who then got sucked into the vigilante life. Ray/Oliver romance optional. I think it would be entertaining either way. 

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I honestly don't think Oliver would respond the same way to Ray.  He barely puts up with Curtis.

Apparently the techno-babble has to come from a small, blonde, sassy, gorgeous package for Oliver to find it adorable and appealing ;)

• Love 6

You guys bring out the worst in me!

Ok how about this:

Oliver goes to adorkably cute and awkward Ray for help with Deadshot's laptop. They become a Vigilante Duo with Oliver constantly grumbling at Ray's sunny ways. One day Oliver gets shot and hides in Ray's car only to be discovered by Felicity, Ray's platonic hot nerd housemate (who borroed the car for the night. Felicity takes him back to her and Ray's apartment to save him.

Oliver is smitten and heart eyes and all interested "Who is your genius hot housemate?"

Ray is all "Why are you so nice to her and constantly grumpy at me? I bring cookies on our missions!"

Our trio become a Vigilante team, Olicity flirty flirt, get married and have Olicitots and I still need to find a wife for Ray again dammnit he's cursed!!!!!!

Bonus points for anyone who can also insert Dig in there to babysit them all and roll his eyes at them.

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 8

It's so weird but I think I was more motivated to write fanfic when we didn't get so much adorable Olicity. I am like in a rut now since they are SOOO FRIGGING CUTE IN THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I'm complaining! I don't want to jinx them!!!!! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

Anyway, all this talk is making me think about how tired the pining nerd(or art kid/otherwise uncool clique)/confident jock(or cheerleader) cliche is. I’d like to see more popular/jock character pines after nerdy/uncool but confident character stories. 

I think I'm starting to see more fics where Oliver pines over Felicity.

This is in that vein and really cute!

Call it a Crush

Sorry Hiveminder I don't know how to get rid of your name in the quote so it's going to notify you! 

• Love 1

I don't know if people are reading the fix Thursday. I'm really enjoying the story but one thing that's bugging me about the angst over Felicity getting in to Oxford and whether she should go or not- she attends SIT which was originally MIT before becoming an in story MIT equivalent, but despite Oxford being a prestigious school with a lot of clout, for the field Felicity's interested in computer science isn't MIT a far better school then what Oxford would offer? 

A minor gripe in otherwise enjoyable story but something that does take me a little out of the story because I mean I don't know what Oxfords reputation in computer sciences and technology is but most computer nerds like Felicity bust there asses to get into MIT and it's usually considered the brand standard of tech schools isn't it?  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I don't know if people are reading the fix Thursday. I'm really enjoying the story but one thing that's bugging me about the angst over Felicity getting in to Oxford and whether she should go or not- she attends SIT which was originally MIT before becoming an in story MIT equivalent, but despite Oxford being a prestigious school with a lot of clout, for the field Felicity's interested in computer science isn't MIT a far better school then what Oxford would offer? 

A minor gripe in otherwise enjoyable story but something that does take me a little out of the story because I mean I don't know what Oxfords reputation in computer sciences and technology is but most computer nerds like Felicity bust there asses to get into MIT and it's usually considered the brand standard of tech schools isn't it?  

Oxford does do Computer Science as a degree. I'm not sure how comparable MIT and Oxford are though? They're both prestigious but I think MIT would be better as it's specifically an Institute of Tech.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Oxford does do Computer Science as a degree. I'm not sure how comparable MIT and Oxford are though? They're both prestigious but I think MIT would be better as it's specifically an Institute of Tech.

MIT is great, but Carnegie-Mellon is actually also consistently ranked at the top, which surprised me.  There is currently a 4-way tie for the #1 rank in Computer Science graduate programs among MIT, Carnegie-Mellon, Cal-Tech, and Berkeley. Those are just U.S. schools, though.  Oxford is the #1 school outside of the U.S. and comes only after MIT for undergraduate Computer Science programs.  MIT has the best brand recognition to those outside of STEMM, but other schools might be ranked higher depending on a student's focus area.  For example, Purdue has a very highly ranked and competitive Engineering school.

And sometimes, the #1 researcher in the world in any given field works at a no-name university.  I happen to work with someone ranked #1 in all metrics, and he's in a Computer Science focus area.  He recruits some of the best students in the world, and they usually have salaries of $200k+ waiting on them when they graduate.

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hi Folks!

Here is our Oliver meets Ray who becomes his IT dude fic!

Born to Try

Haha I couldn't resist!

@Hiveminder I gave you credit for your idea in my notes but I'm not sure if you want me typing up your forum name on AO3 so I kept it vague! If you want full credit let me know and I'll amend my notes! 

I just saw that, and it’s great. I don’t have a problem with you putting my forum name in there, but I don’t care if you don’t. Either or is fine with me. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

I just saw that, and it’s great. I don’t have a problem with you putting my forum name in there, but I don’t care if you don’t. Either or is fine with me. 

I popped your forum name in it since you don't mind ?

9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hi Folks!

Here is our Oliver meets Ray who becomes his IT dude fic!

Born to Try

Haha I couldn't resist!

@Hiveminder I gave you credit for your idea in my notes but I'm not sure if you want me typing up your forum name on AO3 so I kept it vague! If you want full credit let me know and I'll amend my notes! 

Lol.  Very cute. Ray bugs him sooo much.

On 11/10/2017 at 2:51 PM, SmallScreenDiva said:

I was going to ask last night if the haters thought Slade raped Oliver as they insist is what happened when Felicity drugged Oliver in 320 (they seem to have confused the timeline given the sex happened BEFORE the drugging).

You just willed at least two dirty fanfics into life. One of which will be written with improper capitalization and nausea inducing anatomical descriptions. I hope you’re proud of yourself. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

You just willed at least two dirty fanfics into life. One of which will be written with improper capitalization and nausea inducing anatomical descriptions. I hope you’re proud of yourself. 

You know, those fics already exist :P

• Love 3

All too often I can’t stop myself from clicking. Now I have things floating around in my brain that I can never speak of in polite company. 

Sometimes, I randomly think of something really disturbing that I read, and then I worry that mind readers do exist and now one of my coworkers thinks I’m very disturbing. It’s stressful. 

• Love 4