Type keyword(s) to search

Product Placement: Match The Item With The Character

• Start Topic

Show entertained me greatly today with the Midol bonding moment between Abigail and Paige.  Personally, I'd choose a different item for Abigail to showcase - rabies vaccinations comes immediately  to mind, but she DOES cause cramping and bloating so I get it.

So what item would you match up with a character or situation?

My first nomination is the easiest of all.  Since Jawn "Smell the Fart" is back in town, Gas-X should be ALL OVER the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Nothing will ever top the "Wanchu Ferry" product placement. Caroline Brady, who runs an Irish pub and does all the cooking, pimping a frozen Chinese food dinner!? And then there was the broom, which just appeared in the corner of the pub for no reason. At least this one was set elsewhere.

• Love 2

Hope tried to get Bo to eat some heart healthy Cheerios a few years ago. 

But yeah, definitely condoms for EJ.  Sami could hold one up prominently when she busts him on the affair. 

• Love 1

The Midol Complete moment between Abigail and Paige cracked me up and made me wince. That said, I also appreciated it for a couple of reasons. First of all, the soaps are almost dead. Their sets are down to nothing. Their budgets are even worse. 

Soap operas were originally produced to sell soap (detergent, what have you). So I sort of appreciate this craven pitch.  The thing is, the actresses seemed to feel so self-conscious, that I cringed for them.

Also, for about a half a second before Abi mentioned the Midol, Whatever she said about cramping and bloating made me think she was miscarrying EJ's spawn, which would have made for a more interesting story, all around. 

Finally? I miss Chandler Massey. He would have knocked these Will scenes out of the park. 

• Love 3

Also, for about a half a second before Abi mentioned the Midol, Whatever she said about cramping and bloating made me think she was miscarrying EJ's spawn, which would have made for a more interesting story, all around.

Finally? I miss Chandler Massey. He would have knocked these Will scenes out of the park.

Midol pushing the tylenol/caffeine blend on pregnant women leaves me speechless.  Watch your cold and allergy meds, it takes me a lot of time to search for those that don't bundle tylenol in everything.  Abs is about to miss her third period and still not have a clue that birth control is ok, and if you don't use it, you might miss three periods. Remember they made the big deal about how she was in the Virgins Forever Club in high school.

I love Chandler Massey, I miss him too, grins and all.  I'm glad he's getting his education.  I had a very open mind about NuWill but his features are so small he looks like he's across the room even when he's face to face with Sonny.  No wonder Sonny loves acting with NuWill, he finally has a chance to shine so I don't blame him for preferring NuWill but I missed CM in the wedding and the scenes this week.

• Love 2

Does anyone know how much soap starts get paid?  I'm trying to understand why budgets are always tight.  EJ definitely needs to do a product placement for Trojan.  Abby can do one for an Oral Contraceptive or some sanitary pads.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nick and Percy should have done one for Kodak since they got into amateur photography.  Or Nikon/Canon or some other camera manufacturer.  Can you imagine:

Nick to Percy:  'Make sure to take the pictures with this Nikon camera. Perfect for those Kodak moments!'

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

Nicole - A lifetime supply of truth serum

Jennifer - Different shades of lipstick

Abby - Boxing match against Floyd Mayweather

Ben, Jordan, Rafe, Bev, & Rory - International One Way Plane Tickets

JJ, Sonny, & T - Copy of my house keys

Ann - Pink Slip

• Love 5

Nicole - A lifetime supply of truth serum

Jennifer - Different shades of lipstick

Abby - Boxing match against Floyd Mayweather

Ben, Jordan, Rafe, Bev, & Rory - International One Way Plane Tickets

JJ, Sonny, & T - Copy of my house keys

Ann - Pink Slip

That was too funny.

• Love 1

Daniel - Gas-X.  It might relieve that constant pained expression of his.  Hell, it might even relieve MY pained expression whenever he's on......

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Daniel - Gas-X. It might relieve that constant pained expression of his. Hell, it might even relieve MY pained expression whenever he's on......

I'm not going to lie. If its a typical scene of Jen nagging him and all the sudden he let a loud fart rip I'd enjoy it. Like "heres something to bitch about lady!"

Or a scene when someone's praising him (like always) and he has oops fart moment and everyone looks disgusted and shocked it'd be pretty fun.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

Abby- mittens so when she slaps people unprovoked its harmless

Nicole- a restraining order add

EJ- for all the reasons a woman in his crosshairs like Sami should be in a Witness Protection program

Jen- a what not to wear model

• Love 1

Islandgal had an interesting pt

Last week was something. Made me wonder why Days didn't take the opportunity with the Nicole/Dan and Chad/Abby scenes to make a little extra money and do a product placement for Purina's beggin' strips. Not to say that Chad and Nicole are dogs but they both seem to be licking their chops and panting while awaiting a treat and a belly rub from their respective masters.

On 6/5/2014 at 8:16 AM, plurie said:

Nothing will ever top the "Wanchu Ferry" product placement. Caroline Brady, who runs an Irish pub and does all the cooking, pimping a frozen Chinese food dinner!? And then there was the broom, which just appeared in the corner of the pub for no reason. At least this one was set elsewhere.

I'm semi-terrified that Ron will find out about Wan Chai Ferry and make some kind of campy tribute moment that goes on for way too long. Anyway, what should our current characters endorse? I'm thinking Tan Perfect for Brady.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Ciarra’s leather pants emporium.

Jake’s repair shop that your bike or car will be there for weeks since there’s only 2 mechanics and they only show up a few hours a week and just gab about girls while they clutch wretches. 

The engagement ring company that calls a nut a washer. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Jake’s repair shop that your bike or car will be there for weeks since there’s only 2 mechanics and they only show up a few hours a week and just gab about girls while they clutch wretches

Perfect typo.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Once you see Kate eat a fruit cup you will never look at fruit the same way again lol 😂 

Isn't that the truth?  What she does to a strawberry should be X rated.

• LOL 5
On 8/25/2020 at 7:57 PM, tribeca said:

Ciara push up bras 

Don't forget the leopard print blouses and tight leather skirts because she's a Long Island gal from 1996.

On 8/6/2015 at 5:28 AM, ShadowSixx said:

Abby, somebody get her a prescription for restasis so she can form tears and cry. 

With Marci's Abby, I feel like they went the other way because her eyes look watery constantly. Maybe this one needs Visine instead.

Allie- baggy hoodies.

Chanel- Cristal

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Kristen face masks for Covid. Not only protect you from virus but also make you able to impersonate anyone in town. 

It make you taller, shorter even increase your breast size.  The possibilities are endless.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2